Cysts on Ovaries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Cysts on Ovaries

I just found out I have several tiny cysts on both my ovaries. I dont know how bad they are I have to wait til I have my appointment with my doctor to find details about everything. But do you think this could be why I have period problems? and why my period is so late? The ER doctor said it wasnt too serious but I need to get it looked at soon, which i am. But should I be really worried right now?

Please just give me some input on what you know about tiny cysts on ovaries... and if that should explain why my periods are late.
I dont know much at all, but all I do know is that a friend of mine had a cyst on her ovaries, and she said it was not a big thing.  Her doctor put her on birth control and said that it somehow keeps it from hurting or getting bigger.  Sorry its not much Info.  Just all I've ever heard. Good luck.
i had cysts on my overie which was as the doctor put it the size of a grapefruit!!! very painfull periods so could very well be y you have problems.not much to worry about. eventually mine began to bleed and relived itself. and i have gone on since and had 2 babies.( by the way im 27 nt to ancient!!)
hope that gave you something
thanks im just worried this will stop me from having kids.. and my period is really late.. and i dont know if cysts on ovaries could cause that.. and im having pain so i think one of them ruptured.. and they are small so the pain wasnt too bad but it hurts still kinda. i guess i have to wait and see..
I was diagnosed with a 2cmx1cmx2cm fluid filled cyst on Oct 12.  I have leg pain and some abdominal pain with mine, even though it is considered small.  

As far as it stopping you from having kids, it shouldn't unless it stops you from ovulating.  If your cyst ruptures, you will know it.  From what I have been told it is extremely painful when it ruptures.  

I am supposed to be retested Nov 27 to see if mine is bigger or has gone.  Judging from my symptoms, I think I still have mine, but I don't know.  
Hey i was trying to help you with the going to the doctor which is something you didnt want to do..Im glad to see that you finally went to the doctor...That was fast getting appt..
hey, i did not have a period for about 7 months, to cut a long storty short basically i went to the docs and had a scan, they found cyst on my ovaries, my doc told me there was nothing to do and that i was normal and healthy, i looked upo some old remedys and i now drink pure apple cider vinegar (small amount because it tastes FUKING awlful) in the mornings and my doc gave me lilium tablets to take for 2 weeks after my period (herbal tablets), since doing this i now have my period every 3/4 weeks and i feel great :) maybe u should try it?
apparantly its common my mum has cysts as well so it obviously doesnt always affect fertility)
good luck and dont worry my email is ***@**** email me if you want the exact details of medication or advice
jess
xxxxx