D

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

D

I had a hysteroscopy and D&C on 8/5/05 because there was some "unknown tissue" in by uterus that was cause for abnormal bleeding.  My post-op appointment is on monday, and was told be the nurse at the Dr's office that he would discuss the findings with me at that time.  I had originally made an appointment w/ my gyn because I had been spotting for 2 months, which then turned into a large blood clot falling out every 2-3 days for about 3 weeks.  After I had a saline vaginal ultrasound, the bleeding became worse (several blood clots w/moderate bleeding every day until my surgery.  Since the surgery I had experienced very light flow every day until Thursday night, when while sitting here at the comp I felt the all-to -familiar feeling of an escaping blood clot! I have had 2 large clots since the surgery and am so worried that the D&C didn't work!  Any one else ever had an experience like this?
HI HOLLY SOUNDS LIKE YOU'VE GOT MORE GOING ON,THAT A D&C   & HYSTERSCOPY WILL TAKE CARE OF.I HAD THE EXACT SAME THING DONE IN 2000,I HAD A PARTIAL HYSTERECTOMY IN 2004.RIGHT NOW YOU JUST NEED TO REST,DON'T BE UP AND ACTIVE.JUST GET UP TO GO TO THE BATH ROOM,IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN AND A HUSBAND HAVE HIM TAKE CARE OF THEM AND "YOU".IF YOU DON'T HAVE CHILDREN OR A HUSBAND ASK A FAMILY MEMBER TO COME OVER AND TO STAY WITH YOU.YOU DON'T NEED TO BE A LONE,AND YOU DON'T NEED TO DRIVE YOUR SELF TO THE DOCTOR EITHER.SORRY,JUST LOOKING OUT FOR YOU AND YOUR HEALTH.TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF REAL GOOD.TNT406
Thanks for your comments.  my post-op appointment is tomorrow. I guess I'll find out what's going on then.