Women's Health Community
D
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

D

Hi everyone. I've posted my story before so in short, I had a missed m/c about 2 weeks ago and gave my body until yesterday to m/c- I didn't so I had a d&c. My questions are: 1) Is it normal to barely be bleeding? I expected AF type bleeding but it was super light yesterday and barely nothing at all today (just a little when I wipe) 2) when can dh and I beging ttc again? I get mixed messages- some say if you m/c naturally you can begin right away but with a d&c you should wait at least until AF returns again. Are there any risks in starting to ttc right away? As scared as I am about getting pg again because I fear another m/c, I am so anxious to get pg again because we really want a sibling for our 2 year old dd.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
108334_tn?1253647995
Hi
I had a D&C also and didn't have very heavy bleeding either. My dr wasn't worried about it, everyone is different! I had to wait until after AF to ttc again. But every dr is different. I have read that if you don't wait, you have a slightly higher chance of another m/c, but my SIL had a m/c at 13 wks and didn't wait and now my niece is 10! I would ask your dr and see what she says. Good Luck and lots of baby dust to you! :)
Blank
93654_tn?1247502934
I would go by what your dr. tells you. Mine told me to wait two cycles before ttc again, but he also told me that other dr's only ask their patients to wait one cycle. And there have been plenty of women on the maternal forum that decided to get pg right away. I think the further along you were in the pregnancy can also be a factor as to how long you should wait. I did not have alot of bleeding either...like luv_babies said, everyone is different. Good luck ttc again!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank