D

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

D

I had a D&C approx 5 years ago. recently i've had some issues with my cervix which caused me to go to a specialist for some testing. during the exam, the doctor noted that my uterus was "6 weeks in size". unfortunately i was told this via a letter, so i couldnt' ask him what that meant. could this be related to the d&C, and does anyone know if this affects anything down the line when it comes to pregnancy or disease? thank you!
Are you pregnant? Noting that the uterus is 6 weeks in size indicates how far a long a pregnancy is according to the size of the uterus.
I don't really see where this would have anything to do with a D&C 5 years ago or was that a typo? Don't you just love it when they send you this stuff in the mail. I recieved a postcard on a Saturday morning (Of course the office was closed til Tuesday because it was a Holiday weekend) And it said that my PAP had abnormal findings and to contact my doctor immediately! So I was terrified for 3 days! LONG DAYS! They really need a new system!
I hope you can get in touch with your Doc soon and find out what the heck is going on.
Keep us posted, and sorry I couldn't help more.
--J
No, I am not pregnant. i was jsut diagnosed with dysplasia and hpv, which is how this came about, but as far as i know, that's all that's going on. I cannot think of any reason that my uterus would be sized by weeks unless i was pregnant, but...