D&C after Clomid cycles - will a regular cycle come?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi there. I just had a missed miscarriage 2 weeks ago, followed by a D&C. In order for me to get pregnant in the first place, I was on Clomid as i didn't have regular cycles, and Clomid actually helped. My question is what happens to my cycles now??? I don't think the Doctor will put me back on Clomid right away, but I have no idea what my cycles will be and how long after a D&C my first period will come. My husband and I are heartbroken that we lost our first baby, but we do want to start trying again right away. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)
Tags: D&C, clomid, regular cycle, TTC again, can't wait to ttc again, Miscarriage, how long wait for period
For a subsequent pregnancy you can wait for at least one normal period. Pregnancy loss due to cervical incompetence is a risk for the next pregnancy. For this reason, you should be sure to consult with a high-risk pregnancy specialist or other experienced OB/GYN early in your next pregnancy and ideally before conception.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi kindd,

Thank you so much for your response. I did see the gyno (who did my D&C) for a follow-up appointment last Thursday (June 7) and I have been told to wait for my next period and that I am to take Clomid again as soon as I get my period in order to TTC. We have been given 6 months to TTC and if not, then we will have to look at other fertility treatments.

I'm just so worried that my first period will take longer to come as my natural cycle was all over the place. But my other questions now is, I have been told and have read that you are more fertile the first few months after a miscarriage, is this true? Or does it depend more on an individual basis? Also, do you recommend accupuncture at all? (I did it when I got pregnant the first time).

Thanks again for your help!!!!