Damage to the vaginal interior after the use of a vibrator?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Ok. So my fiancee' and I recently obtained a new vibrator to use. And this particular one you can bend and it spins. Well after using it the other night, I noticed a bit of discomfort. So we stopped using it right away and I went into the bathroom to urinate and I had this sudden wave of warm tingling sensation.

I've had this sensation before on the rare occasion while using the bathroom. But now, everytime I go it hits me like a ton of bricks. There was only a little bleeding when I went the first time.

I also noticed that outer area of my vagina feels a little different too. Rougher? Not sure how to describe it.

Could someone shed some light on this? It's driving me nuts and I'm not sure if it's serious enough to go into the doctor.

Thank you!
could the wave of warm tingling been an orgasm? Yes rough sex with or with out toys can temporarily or rarely permentantly damage the vagina,,your probably a little swollen..If the rough feeling and pain dont go away or increase or if you just in general feel somthing is still wrong in a day or so get to the doctors, sooner if bleeding or pain increases...when in doubt check it out,,better safe then sorry,
Well, I'd say yes but. It happens each time I urinate. And it has for like... a week now.

So I'm not sure. I hope it's only swelling D:
do you have any symptoms of a UTI? increased frequency of urnination, hesitancy in getting a flow going, burning while peeing, any more blood on toilet paper? Fever? if yes go to doctors tommrow...if no I would think try no sex for about 5 days see if the swelling goes down if not,better get to gyno and get tested for stds and other possible infects...

Oh just thought of something important,,,do you clean your vibrator,,many women dont know they should,,,
Keep the batteries outside of the vibrator when you're not using it. This prevents leakage and corrosion of the motor and also prevents you from accidentally leaving the vibrator on low speed.
Vibrators can be cleaned by wiping them with a wet cloth with mild soap (avoid harsh detergents) or alcohol. Avoid getting water near any metal parts that can corrode. Be sure to wash your vibrator before its first use and after each subsequent
Use condoms on toys that are being shared, or that go from the vagina to anus.

you may find that using a water based lubricant heightens your pleasure with toys and this may help prevent the friction causing your swelling and "roughness"
I had something similar happen to me. My husband and I tried a vibrator and its a lil bigger than I'm used to but it doesn't hurt. The first couple of times it didn't bother me but recently I used it and was peeing blood afterwards. It kinda feels like a UTI. Do I need a doctor?