Dark Blood between Periods

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Dark Blood between Periods

I sometimes get dark blood discharge in between periods it last a few days to a week and ranges from a little smear to sometimes a clump.  It does not hurt and does not flow like my period.  It's more like dark (almost black)discharge.  I notice I get it a day or two after exercising and thought I might be aggravating something.  This has been happening sporadically over 5 years.. I am 31 years old.  I am not on the pill and never have been and don't have kids (I did get an abortion 8 years ago).  I have gone to a few gynocologists and they've said all my tests were normal.  I also had an ultrasound (in between my cycle)to look for possible polyps but they said it looked clear and normal.  My last gynocoligist told me to go for another ultrasound a few days after my period as they may get a clearer picture.  This makes me nervous as I don't think it's normal and no one can give me an answer.  I've read about endometriosis and am not sure if I really have those symptoms and since my dr. never brought it up I figured that was not the issue. I was hoping that someone could shed some light on this for me.

Thank you.
I am having the exact same issue, and have almost the same background/age as you (with the exceptin that I have never been pregnant).  Have you learned anything else?
Did you ever get a reply on this one? I have the same history and same problem..
Me too, I'm 21 and i get it after exercise and never been pregnant.  not on pills either
I have almost the same exact history and problem. I have been to several doctors to no avail. Has there been any diagnosis or light on this subject?
I am 26 years old and I have been having the same problem. I Have endometriois and it is no Joke. I lost one of my tube when i was 21 due to a tubal pregnacy. I have not yet been able to get pregnant since. I heard that sometime loosing weight helps, with fertillity so thats when i started workin out  and now i have been seeing that dark brown bleeding and almost black blood. Is that a side effect of working out or somthing. I really need to talk someone that is going through what im going through. somebody help!!!!!!!!!!!!
i've been having the same problem too! i keep looking up what it could be, and the diseases are freaking me out. We need someone tot ell us what's going on...I hope it's nothing serious! HEEELLLPPPP :O
Oh my god! I thought I was the only one. I am 32 and had the same problem for a few years.( exept i hav`nt been to the doctors.) Has anybody found out more since the 16 april 2010? I feel so misarable it puts me off of exersising. Hope help is found soooon!
I cant belive there are so many of us out there with this problem, This is my first time its happened to me and it freaked me out im 27 have no kids but been pregant once but wasnt ready for it. i do exercise all the time have been for a few years now and ive never had this problem before now. I dont know what to do about it so i started looking into in and came accross all you ppl how are going throught the same thing. If there are so many of us with this problem whay cant anybody tell us what it is. I dont wnat to have this for years!!!!
I am 34 and have same issues.  I have had 3 kids and been to dr, checked always have regular exams and have not been able to find out an answer either.  My mom had this but had endometrious etc.  I am going to the dr again on Tues to ask for another opinion.  The only answer I DID ever get was it was old blood???  
m jst 20 years old !!!m so youngr fr diz problem...i hv dark black spottting without any pain frm 15-20 days..dar iz nt need to wearing tampons,it iz nly spotting...spotting iz stard before period date,m virgin so nva tkpills or gtng prgnet...plz help me...if any of one gt solution dn plz give,,