Dark Brown Discharge?
I have the contraceptive implant in my arm and I have had it for roughly a month, two days ago I had very light pink blood when I wiped which was a little worrying as I took my period just two weeks before, I understand this may be a side effect of the implant. The light pink blood lasted for roughly an hour or two and after that it has been brown almost black discharge, I have had it for almost two days now and it is constant a little like a period, I am a little concerned as I have had it for a few days now, also it isn't the same as after your period you have a little brown discharge- being the old blood, its a little thicker and more brown, anyone any idea what it may be?
Brown discharge can be due to ovarian problems, hormonal imbalance, stress, anxiety, crashed dieting, use of birth control pills or IUD’s, change in environment, excessive exercise etc. Heavy bleeding can be due to can be due to hormonal imbalance, fibroids and polyps (non cancerous growth) in the uterus, endometriosis (deposits of the inner lining of the uterus in the pelvic cavity) etc. You might have to go for a complete hormone profile and ultrasonography to know the cause of this .It might also help to get the implant removed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.