Dark brown clumpy discharge after sex.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Dark brown clumpy discharge after sex.

I have recently been experiencing a dark brown clumpy sort of discharge after intercourse for the past couple of weeks, and it's every time after sex, not just once or twice a month. The discharge lasts for a couple days and then becomes a light period that is very thick. This lasts for about a week and goes back to discharge. After this is over when I have sex again it starts all over. I have the Implanon birth control and have had it since April 2 of 2012. With the Implanon I do not have periods. I had an appointment in November on Friday the 9 and had a pregnancy test done because i was experiencing pregnancy symptoms. The test was negative but that's when the discharge and bleeding started. Like I said it is every time after sex. It usually starts the day after. Can someone help me please??
This condition is called post coital bleeding. It is most commonly seen in vaginal infection like Chlamydia, gonorrhea, vaginal inflammation etc. it could also be due to disease of endometrium that is lining of uterus, polyps (mass) in uterus and cervix, fibroid tumors etc. You should consult an expert nearby for internal examinations.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.