Dark brown discharge after period

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Dark brown discharge after period

I honestly have no idea whats going on. I have a normal period every month, when i have sex i always use a condom, but after my period theres thisdark brown discharge. It usually last about 5 days and then it just goes away but than comes right back after my next period. its been happening for the last three months and i dont know how to fix it. Im only 18 and this is kinda freaking me out. Any idea?
I am the same age and am having the same thing.  I'm on bc but i have no idea what it can be.  do you have a lot of it at some points or is it always the same?
Its just your body flusing out after your period, or some people call it "stale" or old blood.  I really dont think you should worry, all women have different types of discharge at different times.  Everyones "normals" are different!
yes but mine has been happening for about two weeks.. i should be gettig my period today but still have the dark brown stuff. i am so confused im not sure whwat it is
i have the same thing happening to me; i have my period normally at the end of the month & it is the beginning i had my period normally and the sunday of my period i started taking my birth control again after three months due to a change in birth control pills. now i have take almost three weeks of bc pills and im having brownish/redish bloody looking discharge that is think; with a slight smell? what is it and what should i do, i dont have sex anymore & havnt for around  four months now?
minor pain is felt the feeling of a period sometimes during this. what should i do:/
i am 21 female, i did sex with my husband after my period  the day before yesterday, now today brown color bleeding and red also from thier,
whats happen,,,,,,,,,,,,, i couldnot understand,,,,,,,,,, what is this,,,,,,,,,,,,
Hi,I'm 22 and i'm having the same problem! Dark brown pasty discharge with smell its been a little less than 2weeks. Its not itchy but it smells.When it started I had pain, period pain. Before the discharge started I had just finished my period 10days ago so I'm really confused on what it could be cuz this is the first time it happens. About 2months ago I had an abortion I should mention! I'm reading a bunch of things on the internet its starting to scare me a little and I also dnt know what to think :s I also should mention that I did have sex with my boyfriend of 2 years unprotected but he didn't come inside me and that was after my period, a couple of days after I had pain and starting with the dark brown and smelly discharge! Please help me I'm really scared.
Hello im 21 years old and I have had unprotected sex a couple times and the last time I noticed that everytime period at the end it turns brown for three days I went to a obgyn and he gave me some pills called metronidazole 500Mg and I had to takeone every 12 hrs and he gave me a total of fourteen and well lets say I still have brown stuff coming out of me  after my period I didnt have rough sex im not in pain please help me
specialmom commented on remar's status
58 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on photo
Shannon79, and specialmom commented on Shannon79's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals