Dark brown discharge?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 401-547 comments:
Hi for the past week or so iv been gettin really bad dark brown discharge and bits of blood in between. My periods are irregular I come on all different times. The thing I'm worried about is since iv been having this brown disharge I'm really itchy and sore and it hurts when I go toilet. I have sex regular and I am so emotional just lately so is this just my period
I had my period 2 weeks ago, and from there I've been having some discharges like blackish or dark brownish, now today december 10 I started my period, I have had unprotected sex, but what does this mean?
I've never had regular periods. I had the coil fitted at the end of June, but went back to the pill around august time as the coil was causing problems. Since I went back to the pill, my periods have been regular and for the full 7 days. The last period I had was from the 19th until the 26th of November, but then on dec 4th (over a week since my last period) I started to have a dark brown discharge, I've had it everyday since and although it's constantly heavy discharge, it can be heavier at different times of the day (I've even had to wear pads to avoid staining my underwear!) I haven't noticed any smell from it either. I thought nothing of it at first, but as it hadnt gone away, I looked it up on the Internet; one site said that if u also have symptoms such as depression and pain during sex, then it could be something serious like cervical cancer....now this has worried me asi have had those symptoms. I have tried to get in at the doctors, but they have such a ridiculous appointment scheme, I couldn't get one! Could someone please advise as to what it could be or what to do?
Ok so I was on birthcontroll for 3 years I juss got off of it about a month ago. My last period I was about 5 days late and when I started I it was brownish black threw the whole period but I only had a 2 day period and it was sorta light.oh and I have never used a condom juss the pill birthcontrol.so should I be worried.
Well antibiotic effects the birth control pill, As it shows on the package or it should it says do not take antibitoics with birth control, Not saying this to scare u id take a test, Because antibitotics is stronger then birth control so birth control wont work as its suppost to... I also have brown discharged and i usually get it after my period and after sex.. I was wondering about it to but apperintly its normal to get after period or before..
No you should no be worried at all
I had my period atleast 3wks ago my vagina has a little odor soreness slight cramping and it's brown when I wipe myself. I don't know what's causing this symptoms
I had sex thursday night then saturday nite i saw the dark brown discharge in my under wear aroung late afternoon in my underwear. when i wipe it looks like blood and little bloodclots. i also discovered a white rash in between my rash and i took my evening shower and it mostly went away now looking like bumps I recently got checked for all STDs snd HIV and i was negative about 3 weeks ago. now i wake sunday still with the spotting but not much brown discharge and i have mild cramps and a lil itch ... WHATs GOING ON?? serves me right for cheating smh..this never happened b4
Hi I took my inplunt out bwt 4weeks ago and I still haven't seen my period I did a test 2days ago and it came out negative I dnt get it what do I do nexxs !!
Im having this issue I don't have protected sex(which I know is bad) a.d everything was fine until a few days ago I had a brown discharge with cramps. Im on the depo shot and was told it was very unlikely that I could get pregnant and I took a test it came out negative. Im just confused on what is going on because now it is blood and I don't get a period.
I'm about more than a week late, have had brown discharge few days after missed period with a slight pink in for one day, and I had the discharge for about 2-3 days with menstrual pains. Usually normal for me when I'm about to have my period, but still no period. Just White discharge now. Have been sexually active, very bad diet (eat a light snack during the day only), stressing a bit and rushing around in the mornings on my way to work and babysitter's. Would I b pregnant or just have a missed period? Last month my period was a bit late too (been drinking a bit more now too)
My period was a couple of days late but was way lighter than usual and a day after it stopped o got a brown discharge any body help?
I'm having cramping Last month I had a period but im late this month k it's late I'm not sure if I'm pregnant or not I just woke up with browns not blood but a bunch of brown stuff ive taken pregnancy test but they all say negative my fiance and I are trying to get pregnant
I am sorry but I do not have an answer all I can tell you is that I am in he same situation   I had discharge two weeks before my period, I thought i was pregnant, because my period was one day late. but today the brown discharge started again, and then my period, not so heavy but red blood. I am still hoping to be pregnant.
Same happend to me this week did yu find out if yu were Preqnant or not?
hi i m married since one year . have not got pregnant yet.my last period date was 28 Nov 2011.this month from 25 DEC 2011 small brown spotting started instead of periods.i m feeling breast pain for many days with somach cramping. feel like going to have period .
i am very tense. please help me.
am i expecting or its just my delusion...............
Period stopped a week ago (xmas day) its now the 2nd jan.  I have noticed brown discharge on my knickers, I put a baby wipe up there to see if it was okay for me and my boyfriend to have sex, first one there was brown blood the more I did it the more red it got, the second time I got nothing not even slightly red. It happends to me a lot, I dunno what it could be, its not an std or anything me and my boyfriend have only every slept with each other and I can garentee that. Kind of worried help?
So I am thirteen almost fourteen end of Jan. and have not started my period yet. Ever. But now all of a sudden I get thhis reddish-brown sort of transparent coloured liquid. Am I starting?
.Okay, so I'm kinda freaking out.. Dec 11st I had unprotected sex .. but I later realized that I was ovulating. Ever since then, the feeling of being bloated constantly, Ive had to pee nonstop and I'm extremely tired.. and feeling nauseous and a little bit of heartburn. It's now almost a month after sex .. could I be pregnant? Also this morning I had some red blood then brownish blood then dark brown almost black spotting.. but today I am bleeding slightly heavy but its still brownish red...Im not suppose to get my period for another 2 week or so. Please let me know what this could be.. .
I need help I'm going crazy I'm 18 and have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend for the last 2 weekends. I got off my period early after new years.. I live with my father trying to figure out my life plans. I would kill him if I'm pregnant. Lately ive had a very light brow discharge. What does it mean? Could I be pregnant?
When he finger you he riped you some where on the inside of you. and thats what makes you bleed.
you could be having a misscarriage see you doctor
I had to go to the doctor a couple weeks ago for stomache pain. It was very swollen and i was in alot of pain. My doctor had informed me i could possibly have ruptured my spleen. (I had gotten in a pretty bad fight prior to seeing her). I was sent to the er. Had a cat scan with contrast put into my IV and they found i had a cyst on my ovary that had ruptured. They sent me home to make a follow up with my doctor and they pretty muched brushed me off an said i was going to habe to deal with it. There was nothing they could do. I was still in pain. I did get my period that lasted for 9 days. (Way longer then normal for me). Now its been 3-4 days and every time i pee theres brown stuff coming out. Is it from my period or is it that contrast stuff coming out?? Should i be concerned?
I had sex on monday and the condom broke, now my period is one week away and today  at work I had some pinkish mucous discharge.. now abt 3 hrs later its dark brown.. I've heard abt implantation bleeding, could this be it??
I am really scared I have slightly uncomfortable pulling in my lower stomach and strange discharge about a week before my period. Its getting heavier and darker each day...
Not sure if this helps I just found it on another forumUsually a brownish discharge like you've described would indicate that you didn't ovulate. When you don't ovulate, the hormone changes that cause the uterine lining to clean off with a period aren't there. Consequently the lining doesn't clean off and further bleeding or spotting or brown discharge can occur. Usually if you don't ovulate, your period doesn't come exactly when expected, so it doesn't quite fit with your story. However, it's still the most likely reason for the abnormal spotting. Not ovulating happens to all women at times. Causes other than stress are weight change, illness, thyroid problems, and sometimes we don't find a reason. It usually takes care of itself with time, but since yours has gone on in 2 cycles, I would probably think about seeing your doctor to have it checked out some more. Best wishes.

Read more: Ive been having brown discharge for 2 weeks after my period...is - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/ob-gyn/2kq8z-i-ve-having-brown-discharge-weeks-period-is.html#ixzz1jbvWM6U0
Ive been having the same problem.  If you find out anything please let me know.  This has never happened to me before. Thanks. Debbie
hi , did u figure out what it was because of. I too have the exact same experience and am confused as to whats happening inside me. This confusion is slowly turning into worry now. Pls share.
I have started birth control and I have been spotting brown and blood every since I started....should I be worried?
I have been havingg brown discharge for almost 2 weeks now. Had sex right before it started. I just had my baby 9 weeks ago and started my brith control 4 weeks ago. Could I be pregnant again or am I just out of wack from starting my brith control?!
i have dark brown blood or discharge thats coming out and i don't know what it is, last week i went to the  obgyn doctor and they said i had an yeast infection lots of it but they gave me some fluconizale or however you spell it it helped and made my urine dark but now i got dark brown blood coming outta me i dont know what it is but i need some response on that and also my stomach gets nausiated at times and lost of apetite HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!
I was having sex and got up for a minute to move and when my hand came up I was bleeding. But I had already had my period a week ago. The next day I had slight cramps and light brown discharge. I dont know if anything tore but it was very scary. I also had tooken 2 blood draws to determine if I were pregnant this past Wednesday and Monday. Maybe I tested too early?
so i just went too the bathroom and i had whiped and brown discharge came out of me then i went back too my
room too get a pad and when i went back too the bathroom i whiped and it was clear again, i havent had a period for 25 days now and ive been to the doctor and theyve done a pee test and blood work what do you think this could be? Sometimes ill have pains in my lower stomach mostly too the rite side .
can anyone help me.. my boyfriend and i had unpretected sex during my last day of my period and after few days after my period i have bleeding..is this normal? what does this means...  pls i need answers regardingbleeding and signs of pregnancy... thanks a lot.can i have your answer at once please. send me email thanks
Hi I'm currently using crinone gel an I've been on it for about 2weeks an I've had sex two days ago an this morning I woke up an I'm cramping an have this dark brown discharge should I be worried it's been 3 years since Ive had a period an crinone is suppose to help me get pregnant what should I do
i'm 20 and i usually saw this brown stuff before i saw my period.but then i missed my period and the next week i took a test,it was postive.bt this morning i saw this brown stuff again.i've read it cud jus be old blood.bt i'm still scared i dnt wanna lose my baby(its my 1st).help!!!!
Hi. I'm having the same thing. About three weeks ago I had sex without a condom but I had been taking the pill but forgot to take it the day we had sex. I was suppose to start my period seven days ago but instead have been having brown spotting with barely any blood and sometimes its not even there and then the next it is. My appetite seemed to grow but nothing else has changed. Am I pregnant?
Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex and I had light bleeding immediately after, I was due to get my period that day so I assumed that's what it was. A couple hours later it was just brown discharge and now it goes from brown to clear with what looks like specks of old blood, I took a pregnancy test but it came back negative. Please help me!!??!!??
i have the same thing happening right now .. let me know .. what ur results are thanks so much ..
dont want to sound crude but i was due on about 2 weeks ago, always been irregular until about six months after i had my child. since then it started off normal now it can be up to 3weeks late. this time i have been waiting for my period but for the past week or so i have been getting alot of brown discharge everyday and 2 or 3 times ive had a tiny bit of blood. i had sex a couple of weeks ago but he didnt finish and i have tho coil in. can anyone help me??
i started my period last month but i'm really young. I period had started 7 days ago, but the wierd thing is, when i started my period, it was very irregular. It was very light, the period only lasted 4 days, and it was a dark brown color. i have never been sexually active. so i have no clue to what this could be. anybody got a suggestion??
Hi I woke up this morning and went to the restroom and there was a little bit of blood this past weekend was my first time having sec and my period ended last week please help I don't know what to do
today I woke up and went to the restroom and I saw a little bit of blood on the toiletpaper this past weekend was the first time I had sex and last week my period just ended someone please help I don't know what to do
hello everyone i no what you all mean iv been having the same problem but the last time i had this problem of brown discharge was when i was pregnant ..... i ended up losing my baby at 12week........... i have recently started the pill and the brown discharge has come back again. im really worried because i no im not pregant this time as i only been of my period 2weeks. going to go doctors tomorrow to find out what the problem is when i no i will get back to you all and let you know how it gose. x
I have been bleeding for last 3 months really heavy and small amount of clots somedays,and others brownish colored blood. Anyone have any ideas? I have not seen Dr because I do not have insurance. Thank you .
I have a brown clumpy discarge it is suppose to be my period but thia hasn't happened before. The last time I had sex was about 5 weeks ago. I have very sharp stomach pain and abdomen pain.  My eating has changed this week and I've been sleeping a lot more lately.
you could be pregnant...... go see your doctor.
OK so I guess i'm in the same boat as most of you and need some answers. I got my period Jan 17 and had unprotected sex Jan 27 - Feb 1 or second.  My period idnt due for another 4 days (Feb 15) but this morning i went ot the bathroom and when i wiped there was pink on the paper so I put on a liner.  I went to lunch with my friend and went to the bathroom and there was brownish spotting so i put on a pad. I started to feel a bit of cramping and thought my period was coming... 6 hours later and still nothing. Could i be pregnant?
Hi I had my period on the 27th of jan, I had sex with my boyfriend the night I came off my period, I am not due on until another 2 weeks but have noticed spotting of blood with brown thick discharge and it only appears on tissue. I have also had a few stomach cramps, back pain and headaches,I keep getting cravings of different foods and keep eating a lot and feel bloated too, as I am not due for another 2 weeks what could this mean?
I had a darkbrown period this time around I've had one like this before but only at the end of my of period or at the beganing but it noramally turns into an period.But this time it was darkbrown and lightin up to alight brown. This lasted for about six days,but I never had a real period and I tryed to drink a beer and it made me throw up all over the place and i got sick for about three days, now im woried cuz I have just split up from my boyfriend I need some one that can answer my questions my stoimck feels werid too .
i had used the bathroom today and i notice brown discharge in my panties while i was in school and now i still see it and im scared and idk if i should freak out or calm down. im really worried and i need help asap
I had sex last night and had a booming headache all day but earlier on I had a light pink discharge and I'm pregnant with my 2nd child I had brown discharge with my 1st child so u might be pregnant go to ur gp and get a test good luck
Me and my boyfriend have been trying to have a baby. I had an ectopic pregnancy over a year ago. I should have started my period on the 14th. I've been having a brown discharge since the 15th til now and now I'm having more of a red discharge. I've been having some sharp pains in my lower stomach just above my vagina. What does this mean?
My period was 10 days ago and I've been getting cramps and now when I got to the toilet there is brown blood never happened before what's wrong???
I've missed a month and I was supposed to have my period on the 18th. I har the brown stuff now. Ive had it so far for this one day. Am I preg or is it cause of cancer or what?
Please no judgements. Was on Loestrin24 and got pregnant. My husband and I decided that it'd be best that we terminate it due to lack of funds. Since then , I have the birth control Implanon. It's been great, it's just that When I get my period, the blood is brown and I also have hard peices of discharge coming out as well... I don't even have my period now but when I go to pee, when I wipe i get a little bit of blood that comes out.And then that's it!!.... After intercourse, the discharge happens again ,and discontinues after. I'm so confused and I don't know what it means.. Any ideas? The pregnancy was terminated on December 8th of this year, so the chances of it being discharge from my vagina still trying to clean itself out seems to not be the case for me.. I'm going to my doctor on Wednesday to figure out what the deal is, but I just want to prepare myself...Could it be my birth control detecting a pregnancy and so it is terminating it?..So confused, and grossed out by all of this.

-Karalyn
Hi everyone,
I've been having the same / similar problems. I had my period from the 13th of Feb to the 17th ( I am on a monthly pill ) and then about a week and a bit later {the 23rd} I noticed this brown coloured discharge and started freaking out - because my boyfriend and I had had sex but we're thinking we were safe. So I plucked up the courage to go see a doctor after 5 days of this discharge happening and the doctor told me it is nothing to worry about. The brown discharge is old blood, I asked her why this happens because its as if I'm having a second period and she says its normal if you're going through hormoanal changes or if yor pill is getting weaker.
They did do a urine test and I think if I were pregnant they would have told me. So I'm not pregnant.
I do suggest that you go see your doctor as this might be happening to you too and if you are on the pill you might need to change your pills strength.
Hope this puts some girls minds at ease because I know I was panicking a bit...
i guess jm not the only one with this kibda problem! but i have been having thIs 'discharge' for a couple days now!! idk whre it came from... my period was a while nack, and gonna start o. like the 19 of this month! shud i b worried???? please someone help!!! :(
my cycles are 24 to 28 days apart no sooner no later. today is day 25 and i had pink when i whipped this mornin and now it is dark brown. i had intercourse thursday and i have had my tubes tied so i know birth control aint an issue does anyone have any ideas on what is happenin im 27 and the only time ive seen brown was after givin birth to my 3 kids.so im really worried PLEASE HELP
Ladies, I want you to ALWAYS check something out FIRST when you are having a brown/ pinkish discharge with or without odor immediately after your period.  Check if you have a tampon lodged in your vagina. I know it sounds strange but it HAPPENS. So many times women come to our OBGYN office with heavy brown discharge after their periods and 85% of the time its a tampon that is lodged. It can be lodged in quite a bit of the way and sometimes even folded in half and lodged. Most women have put  in another tampon during their period or to catch the discharge and simply did not realize they were puching another tampon up their vagina. This can often solve your problem 100% without any worry, doctors office, or antibiotics. Wash your hands, fingers and nails thoroughly and  if you happen to have some, put on latex gloves and gently feel around with your fingers going as far as you can reach without discomfort. If you do find you have a tampon lodged, you may gently pich a corner of it and tug slowly until it is completely removed. Once you have removed the lodged tampon, stear clear of douches for a few days, you may use water if you would like to flush the area, but your body will do its job and flush out the remaining discharge. If you are having trouble getting the tampon out or have any pain, then yes please make an appnt with your OBGYN. If you have thoroughly checked with your fingers and are confident this is not the problem, then yes, please do call your doctor/ or obgyn for further follow up. You may need an antibiotic for an infection and very very rarely is it something more serious. Calm Down Relax, Your Going to be FINE!
For more information: http://womenshealthnews.wordpress.com/2008/01/26/another-lost-tampon-story/
The last time I had sex was 3 weeks ago and we didn't use a condum for the first round. A day before my period was due I was discharging out a lot of brown blood and then my period came and it has been light with a brown mix. I have been having cramps and pain. Could this mean I'm prego?
I've been on birth control to help with my irregular periods for over a year now. I messed up and missed two days of my pack but then continued taking them as I normally would. A couple days later after having sex with my husband I noticed a brown discharge, which then was followed by an almost normal period(just kind of smelled differently) and now have been having dark brown discharge. This is all happening 2 weeks before my normally schedualed period. Anyone know what could be going on? Are my hormones just all out of whack or could it be something more serious???
I am having the SAME exact problems! tell me when u find something out!  except my period was about 2 weeks ago now. (Email) ***@****
I just ended my period on monday and had sex with my husbadn ,  then had sex again   on tuesday, did nothing wednesday or thursday, and had sex again on friday, and in the middle of it i started bleeding a brownish color, we countinued and he did his thing, and ever since i have had this brownish discharge. what does this mean?
madam i am 19 years old.since 2yrs i have a problem of irregular periods.i concerd various doctors they encountered the prob to b poly cystic ovaries nd used course for 6 months from then i got periods regularily for 44 mnths and then i lost my regularity in periods.my last period was in november and i dnt get periods from then last n8 i found a brown discharge nd bleeding lightly..plzz help me and tell me whether my problem gets cured or not.if i marry can i get pregnancy???can i give birth???
I have had brown discharge for 2 maybe 3 weeks now. The last time I had sex was the end of February and we did use protection. It's a normal amount of discharge but the color and for how long I have had it is worrying me. My periods are very irregular but I still haven't started this month. Is this a sign at all that I could be pregnant? Or miscarried?
I have this light brown discharge, its not loads its like a really small amout, the last time I had sex was about 2 months ago, and this brown discharge started from like 2 weeks ago? Do you know what the problem is?
i am 13 also and im getting this brownish redish color in my under wear and i dont have my period yet, and i dont know what it is.
I have been sexually active my period is 3 days late but then i got a clear bloody looking discharge when i wiped i figured i finally got it and insertef my nuva ring..and then my "period" just dissappeared iv been having sharp pains in my pelvic area? Please help should i take a test or give it a few more days?
its normal! i do it all the time .. !
if you started your period.. then just dont worry about it.. i freaked out this month bc i was bleeding 2 weeks after my period.. but nothings wrong with me they said it was just old bloood.. if ur that worried then go have it checked out.. just to be on the safe side!
YOU need to get that checked out! go to the dr. ASAP!
I think its ur period though!
I am having the same exact issue now... Mine started yesterday but has stopped this morning. i have no idea what is going on, but i know it could either be implantation bleeding, menstrual changes, or if you took Plan B (I did), it could be that. It's so confusing because it's all within the same time frame of all of these things, it could be anything! I just had my period 2 weeks ago, so I'll have to wait a whole other 2 weeks to see if I'm going to miss my period or not.
Yeah im 16 and I usually break out when its around my period and I broke out but now im not and ive been having brown discharge for a few days now. At fist I thought it was my period buts its not, I havent had sex since last year but should I be worried? Should I tell my doctor?
OKay sooo i had PROTECTED sex with this guy one day and then that same day I started my period ... wel its been at least i can say 2 weeks since then and now im seeing brown some what discharge when i wipe myself having small nt that severe cramps .. what could this mean... I really hope I'm not pregnant.. NEED HELP!
For the past 2 days I've had brown tannish discharge my period is due tomorrow I don't have any pain and this has never had this before I also have flu like symtoms (symptoms) headaches and frequent urination could I be pregnant need help and what should I do? Thanks for listening
Hi there hope yous could help me to! I had
The implanon removed three weeks ago and had
It in for three years! 6 days after having it out I had sex with my partner, so now its about 2 weeks and a bit and I'm experiencing dull aches like I'm coming on my period wich isn't happening and sore nipples quite a bit of discharge like some times it will be yellow then some days as today brown and I can see tiny bits of light pinky,brown :s I'm so confused and don't know what's going on and haven't took a pregnancy test? Feeling dizzy to. Any responses would be really appreciated! Thanks
Do not be worried! That is how I started when I was your age. It's natural to feel panicky and worried, but just relax. It will calm down eventually!
Hi am 19 years old and a few days ago I notice some caramel discharge I had that for two days . Then days then it turned into light brown and dark red blood but it's very light.  Am period is not due till. Two weeks I sometimes have belly cramps and headache s all time I did two pregnancy tests but both negative
am going through the same thing right now iam frecking out thinking its something bad. it scares me to think it didnt clean right and i still have something be that can cause cancer. can u help me what   did they tell u at he doctors.
I have had dark brown blood coming from my vagina for a week off and on. My period is in a week but I don't know what's causing this to happen. I have no cramps or anything and it isn't a big amount of blood but it's still strange. I'm on birth control so I'm assuming it's because of that. My last periods have been this dark blood also
I'm not on my period, and for the last few days I've been bleeding dark brown blood, and yesterday after I urinated there was a large blood clot in the toilet. Should I be concerned??
Okay im in the same sort of position. Im tryin too figure out what is wrong. Im recently on the pill I hv skipped it twice.this month. But suddenly I hv dark brown discharge. I.have protected sex. I havent had my period at all this month and im really worried. I sometimes get up 5 times too pee early in morning around 2-5am. I have had bad cramps in my lower stomach after a shower. Im only 16 and have no idea. Please help
I had sex like a month ago. I am on birth control. I had unprotected sex and there has been stuff coming out of my vagina sometimes its white ( not gooy) and sometimes its brown. Also, smetimes there is a smell? HELP?
Hiyah I had my period normally but am dead ifregular to start with then just randomly wke up with a darkish colour and lasted about 5 days but didn't think much of it then I had unsafe sex with someone and 2 weeks later it happened again but only last 2 days ? Help am really worried :/
the same thing is happening to me too but i dont feel the itchy part but my tummy hurts when i got restroom like period cramps. i want to know what this means i dont know if im pregnant
Hi I'm on cerazette contraception pill and haven't had a period for months (more towards a year) and tonight I go for a wee + wipe myself and there's discharge with a dark brown blood in it. I used to be on cerazette before I had my son Feb 2011 and never had a period when I was on it then. So not sure if its a period or summit else. Also haven't had sex for weeks :/ x
Ya. It seems like I may have the same thing...
I just started birth control almost 2 months ago, the one that makes you not have your period for 3 months... Well it's been fine but for the past week I have been getting this brown discharge. It will be in my panties and there is so much in my vag. I am in no pain, but my vag has been really itchy.
Is this a result of the pills? Does anyone know what's going on?
I just got off the implanon birth control in November. I had unprotected sex one month ago, and now I'm having the brown period like symptoms about a week before my actual period. Me and my husband were trying to have a baby a month ago when we tried. What does the discharge mean?  
i have had brown discharge for 3 days but i am cramping like my cycle has started again i am nauseated and have no appetite just really tired and keep having headaches
Hey guys. So I've recently had sex with my boyfriend about 2-3 days ago. I'm due for my period any time now, but all I've noticed is this brown discharge that comes and goes with a little blood. Ive put in tampons and had almost nothing come out with them. Please help me. I am young and pray to god, knock on wood that I'm pregnant. I can't be. I'm so scared, im worrying I may be stressing myself out, it's just so scary. What could this be? I normally have very very heavy periods as well. What's going on?
ive been having the same thing brown discharge since thursday the 17 and it has not stop and it goes to black some times. not even red  i still dont think i got my period. but i dont think im prego  either..
I had unprotected sex almost a month ago. My period was a few days late But when it came.. It's only lasted 3 days and Tha last day was just brown spotting. Could I be pregnant ,?
I woke up today and had brown discharge the same thing that happened to Cosse... My period is also a week away. How early does this happen if you are pregnant?
I've been having dis dark brown discharge for bout 3days so far n it smells..i had sex the day it came..my last period was da 1st week of the month..so I still have bout a week and a half b4 my nxt period..but dis morning when I woke up it lookd lyk a regular period color but only 4 a couple min and rite back to the dark brown color..can anyone help me
Am Really Worried.
I Was On Birth Control With The Patch. I Had The First Week Patch On Till The Next Week. And Changed It To The Second Patch For The Second Week. And I Had Forgot To Change The Second Patch To The Third Patch For The Third Week. So I Decided To Leave It On Until I Had To Take It Out On The Fourth Week. When The Fourth Week Came I Took The Patch Off And Waited For My Period. Until Now I Havent Gotten My Usual Regular Period. Its Been 2 Days Already That I Been Having Brown Spottings. But The Brown Spottings Only Come Like Every 6 Hours Or So. And Am Worried.
I've experienced the same thing. I have recently been sexually active, unprotected, I just started taking birth control again. About 2 weeks before my scheduled period is supposed to start, I had brown,bloody discharge. Now, I have a very light pink colour and the flow is extremely light. I have ready many different possibilities but I am extremely concerned that I may be pregnant. I have also been experiencing lower abdominal pain, and certain foods are hurting my stomach.
I too have been having brownish blood in my underwear although mild I am concerned about it! I have had my period before.. And I have never had sex... So I have no idea what's going on?! HELP
I had my period like 2weeks ago n rite after my period brown discharge of blood keep appearing..it been like that for 15 days now whays wrong..am I pregnant
I'm having a brown discharges right now... and i'm almost 2 weeks delayed, may last period was 2nd week of May, i am irregular... but i did the PT last month when my period passed.. so i'm thnking that this brown discharge is a warning that i'll be having my period.. but still .. started yesterday... theres blood then its clear.. when i pee there's a blood like solid and when i wiped it too.. what could this be? pls. help.. i'm expecting i dont want to do the test again- i dont want to disappoint again..
Uhmmm the brown discharge has been coming out for 2 days now I was thinking my period was going to come on but it hasn't, my grandma said that's probably all I'm going to get out of my period because a woman's body constantly changes
My period is a week late and I am getting brown discharge...I did have unprotected sex about 4 weeks ago..what could it be?
Ever since i started my period i have never had it normal and when i have it dark brown discharge happen ( most of the time ) can you please tell me what is wrong with me ? i also lost appitite & it itchys a lot . please help .
Two weeks ago I began yaz birth control pill. Five days ago I had sex. I am very very small and sex usually hurts and causes minor bleeding. However, starting four days ago I began getting bad cramps and dark brown, bloody discharge. It has continued for four days. Is this breakthrough bleeding from the pill? Or a result of sex?
Hi I had sex on thursday and I'm on the pill but I stoped takind the pill after friday and now I am experiencing brown discharge and pains in my lower abdomen
I've had dark brown discharge with mucous and cramping over a month now, is that normal? My husband and I have sex maybe 4 times a month. Should I be worried?
It's around the time I normally get my period and I to am having brown discharge what does I mean? I'm only 13 and Im going on vacation in 3 days does this mean I'm going to get it when I'm there? Please help
Ive been having brown discharge i started my.period 1 week late last month and this month before my period i had brown discharge and I'm off but i still have brown discharge i also noticed that my periods have Been lighter than usual . Help Please ?
i have brown discharge on every month of my period it starts brown for 2 days n then i start havn my period y is this happeing to me plz need to know thank u...
I'm 14 and I should be having my 3rd period...but there's this dark brown discharge. It's Saturday and I've had it since Tuesday night.
I've not been sexually active, of course.
What should I do?
Do I have to worry?
Is that bad?
Is it normal?
Should it just stop?
I have had unprotected sex and when it came time for my period it lasted for two weeks which was my normal week then the next was discharged. I dont know what that means. Took a pregnancy test and came out negative. after that I was having the two week period for almost four months. Finally stopped but now when my period starts i'll bleed one day then stops and start my period on the next day. Does anybody know why thats hapening.
where you pregnant??
I want to share my story with everyone, maybe it will be of some help to someone out there worrying and googling.. I had all the symptoms of "implantation bleeding" / early pregnancy, as most people posted about. I was a week or so away from starting my period, had brown discharge for one day, then pink for the next day, to day and a half. This has never happened to me before. I looked it up and everyone and their mother said 'you're pregnant, congrats, baby dust, etc.' I am a healthy 22 year old female, I have had unprotected sex with my partner at least 3 times this months, and guess what? 100% Not Pregnant. I was worrying so much because every single answer I found online basically pointed to implantation bleeding, but that was definitely not the case! So, don't stress if you have spotting, regardless of when it occurs in your monthly cycle, sometimes it's just normal.
Hey , Im Only 16 & Im Sexually Active. I Havent Had Sex In About 5 weeks But For The Past 4 Months Ive Been Seeing Dark Brown Discharge R Smthnn.  It Doesnt Have A Smell , Im On The Depo Shot So I Rarely Get A Period , Just If It Isnt My Period Its This Brown Stuff , Or Sometimes It Mixes Or Turns Into A Period What Is This ? Then I Get Pains In The Middle Of My Chest , Then Sharp Ones All Through My Body. Help Me Bc Im Totally Lost Plz & Thnkss.  : )
oh my gosh me too i am crying to it is weird
Hi. I have a problem. I have been having brown dicharges for 5 days now. Its a every day thing. But it happen the day after I had sex with my boyfriend. And I am a new starter on birth control.
Ok so I am 12 years old an something really weird happened to days ago. I went out to eat and went to the bathroom to poop and pee but when I wiped my front it was brown so I wiped like 20 times because that was really gross so as soon as I got home I took the longest shower of my life and when I came out I peed and there was still some heavyish brown stuff in the front but I didn't see it if I looked at my Virginia. The next day I woke up and peed and that brown stuff was there. I was worried because I couldn't see it on my Virginia so I thought it was maybe in it. I took a piece of toilet paper and rolled it up like I was about to put it in my nose but put it on my Virginia hole where i pee instead and when I took it out it was red bloody. But that was the only time I saw blood. This brown stuff doesn't  come out its just on my toilet paper and I told my mom about it and joking around she said I had a bladder disease but now I'm scared. I haven't had my period EVER and I'm wondering if this is it or if I really do had an infection... HELP!!!
I had my period just over 2 weeks ago and for the past few days have been experiencing a thick brown discharge when I wipe. I have had sex recently just after my period ended it is with the same partner and neither of us have had other sexual partners before. This is the second month this has happened and I worry it will come out during sex. I have been on a very light pill (Yaz) for about 3 years now and we do use condoms. I took a pregnancy test 3 days ago and it came out negative.
I had my period just over 2 weeks ago. I had sex with my boyfriend(who has had no previous partners) just after my period ended and we did use a condom we have regular intercourse and have been for about a year now. For the past few days iv been getting a thick brown discharge(no blood) every time I wipe. I have been on the pill for just over 3 years now but a very light one. I took a pregnancy test 3 days ago and it came out negative but this discharge is a concern for me. I have no abominal cramping or any other pain, weight gain or loss. Everything is normal. I am getting very worried as this is the second month this has happened and I worry he sees it aswell. It is not heavy enough to use a tampon or panty liner and doesn't have any sort of odour. What could be the cause of this as I am starting to worry but do not have time to go to my doctor as I'm away at Varsity. Please help!
I had my period just over 2 weeks ago and for the past few days have been experiencing a thick brown discharge when I wipe. I have had sex recently just after my period ended it is with the same partner and neither of us have had other sexual partners before we have regular sex and have had for over a year now. This is the second month this has happened and I worry it will come out during sex. There has been no pain of any kind, no odour nothing I have been perfectly normal except for this however my mother does have endometreosis but I have no other symptoms and am only 20 years old.I do not have time to travel home to visit my doctor as I'm away at varsiry and do not want to concern my parents with ths problem as it is also embaressing to deal with. I have been on a very light pill (Yaz) for about 3 years now and we do use condoms. I took a pregnancy test 3 days ago and it came out negative.
I had sex two days ago it was my first time we didn't use a condom and it wasn't his first time . Since then I've been getting really bad stomach pains, been really tired and moody I've also been getting constant light brown foul smelling discharge I don't know what to do I'm scared
Haven't had a period in a while because of my birth control but I had have brown stuff coming out of me for days have showered and clean down there and it still keeps happening
Hi , im 20 and I had sex before with my boyfriend but one day we did it and after I bleed a little bit. The next day brown fluid came out sometimes brown , clear brown , and blood I have irregular periods so I dont know when my period is suppose to come out.. Im scared its almost a month and its still coming out.. Also  it does not hurt or itch or burn i dont get cramps please help
A little off topic an I wish I could help u. I don't have insurance and am basically looking for help myself. I never had a reg period and am not on birth conrtol, I finally started to and one month I was bleeding dark brown discharge before my period, had my period. Then the next month the same but I had awful back pain, I couldn't walk. Went to the e.r and they after thinking I had a miscarriage said it was abnormal uteran bleeding.. Ever since I've had that same dark brown discharge about a week before my period ( which has been 2 months) and this time it's a week before, the brown happend, and now it's bright red heavily and clotting blood, consistent. No cramps, zits, or sore breasts like a normal period. Is this my period or what's going on????
I'm 28 with 4 kids, ive had a tubal and yet about 4 days ago ive had a brown thick mucus with intense cramping and pain on my left side. Every time ive been pregnant this has never happened it has got my concerned does anybody know what causes this
My period started on 8/1/13. It lasted for about 4-6 days. I had sex the next day. With a condom. And I started spotting. Thats normal for me if I have sex right after my period ends. So I didn't think nothing of it. But today is 8/31/13 and im still spotting. More when I use the bathroom. Through out the day its fine. And the discharge is a dark brown almost black color. It has an embarrassing smell. Kind of reminds me of the smell that I have at the end of my periods (not pleasant). My stomach has had that kind of bloating feeling. Ive noticed that ive been using the bathroom more frequently as well. Im really worried. Do u know what this is that im experiencing?
I finished my period 4 days ago and I seen some brown stuff, and I don't know what it is and I wasn't on the pill like 2 weeks ago and my partner cummed but I took the morning after pill what does this mean? HELP!!
So im a 17 year old teen yes I have sex I only have had sex with one guy an that was 2mnths ago mean my boyfrannd I stop cus my mama ended up findin out but i have not receive my period an lately my pelvic area an stomach have been.hurtin i wipe my vagina clean an come bac to use the bathroom with brown stuff on my panties like im not on my cycle an this has been for like 4 weeks now i dont know whats wrong with me but im scared to find out please help me cus this brown sticky stuff is nasty an comes out all.the time Yuck
I'm not due my period for another 1/2 weeks, I'm sexually active with one boy/ bf, I've had brown discharge, am I pregnant ?
So I skipped my period last month n due for the next one around the first but I started getting this light brown spotting two days ago and it's like on and off. I've been taking pregnancy tests n they keep saying no but someone said it could b too early n sonething about implantation. I don't know I need help!
i am 16 years neither a boyfriend nor a husband i usually saw a white before my period and after but this time brown discharge and i do not  knowit is going to be change to red later or not help
Viewing 401-547 comments: