Dark brown discharge?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Dark brown discharge?

The last time i had sex was about almost 3 weeks ago my period had just ended the few nights before. We used a condom. I should be getting my period next week maybe. i have been having dark brown discharge for the passed 5 days. This morning it was like my period there was blood but it goes back to being just brown again by the end of the day sometimes so light i barley notice. I dont know what to even think?? You got any ideas?
Viewing 1-200 comments:
HI MAY BE YOU SHOULD TALK TO YOUR GYNECOLOGIST IF THIS DOESN'T GO AWAY IN A FEW DAYS.DO YOU HAVE ANY CRAMPING SENSATIONS WITH THIS BLEEDING?IS YOUR LOWER ABDOMEN SORE,OR PELVIC AREA?YOU DIDN'T MENTION ANY THING IN YOUR POST ABOUT PAIN.SO I WILL ASSUME YOU HAVE NONE.HAVE YOU HAD SEX RECENTLY THAT WAS HARD AND RAPID IN PACE?SOME TIMES WHEN A WOMAN HAS HARD SEX THEY WILL BLEED.IF IT IS CLOSE TO YOUR PERIOD THAT MIGHT BE WHY.IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD HARD SEX,YOU NEED TO GET IT CHECKED OUT.TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF.TNT406
Ummm the last time i had sex was almost 2 an a half weeks ago. And there sometimes was blood in it. I dont think there has been any pain or cramping. I dont know if it was stress. I was sort of under a lot of stress last week. Up really late with friends then getting up really early running all over the place. I havnt been as hungry so its almost like i have my period. But there are no cramps and its dark brown earlier in the week blood was more mixed in i  havnt seen blood the past 2 days it seems to have stopped for now. BUt we will see later on. And if i doesnt i will set up that opointment. THank you for your concern and comments.
updateeeee of today...

today was like a light period still some dark brown but a lot more blood? i dunno whats going on. Should i be worried or...?
HI YOU NEED TO CALL YOUR GYNECOLOGIST AND MAKE AN APPOINTMENT.SINCE IT WAS 2 WEEKS AGO YOU HAD SEX IT IS SOME THING ELSE CAUSING THIS PROBLEM.YOU NEED TO HAVE A PANEL OF STD's DONE TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE FOR YOUR SAKE.ALL SO HAVE YOUR HORMONE LEVELS CHECKED,WHICH I'M SURE THEY'LL CHECK RIGHT OFF.MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TOMORROW HON.TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF.TNT406
Dark brown is "old blood" which means that you are bleeding from somewhere and the blood is sitting for probably days before it washes away. You need to be treated for this as soon as possible. No need in taking chances. It is probably something minor like a tear that can be taken care of quickly and easily. Good luck and take care.
Thank you guys for everything :)
Today i woke up in the morning and i saw the same thing. i dont know how that could possibly be. Its never happend to me before. And there was no cramping.. its just like if it were the very last days of your period...
you woke up and saw what? more details would allow us to help you out. did you just have your period? are you just starting it? did you wake up and see brown discharge and its not even close to your period?
any brown discharge is normal. its normal before your period and after your period. sometimes 2-3 days of it.
my period is about a week away.. i saw brown discharge when i woke up and had it only for a day.. i've never gotten that before my period.. only the last few days of it. i also heard of brown discharge when your egg implants itself. its called implantation bleeding. and it happens in the earliest stages in pregnancy....
About 2 and a half months ago i had sex for the first time and  we didnt use any protection. About a week after that i had a yeast infection. I took meds for that and had been fine. I had a regular period. And a month after that i had another regular period but after my period stoped i had lots of brown discharge. I have now had it for 2 weeks. I have also been tired and nauses. I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. What could be causing this brown discharge?
Hey guys. Last week i had oral sex for the first time. I ended up giving some guy head twice and he fingered me for the first time in my life, a few days later all i was getting was brown discharge and it hurts really bad. I dont know if is becuase i havent done anything in my life like that before or what, if anyone has any ideas please help me out thanks so much.
im a bit concerned at your statement that you "gave some guy head twice" some guy? have you been dating? was he a stranger? you just dont know what anyone has out there these days. anyway, back to yur question. im wondering if he broke your hymen? did it hurt when he was fingering you? are you due to get your period soon? sometimes the brown discharge comes before and/or after your period. that is normal. however, more info. is needed as to the pain you are experiencing. did you begin to hurt the next day? is it constant? was it hurting just that night? where is the pain coming from? like cramps? or soreness in your vagina?

i last had sex about 2 weeks ago and had my period a week ago, it finished on thursday but since then i've had painful brown discharge :$ i'm really worried.
i was so relieved when i got my period as it meant i wasn't preggers (touch wood) but then this brown stuff is really confusing me,

plus, during the last few times we were having sex before he went on holiday, it was really starting to hurt...?

am i okay?? i'm so worried.... help.
xxx
you may be preg. in your tubes happened to me
make an appt.
really?? an appointment wih my gp?
argh.
xx
my boyfriend and i have never had sex...but i've given him a hand job twice since my last period. i'm scared i could be pregnant...because after i gave him a hand job i went to the bathroom and i'm scared i might have gotten some stuff on me.

i started my period last month on the 7,8, or 9 (i can't remember but i know it was one of those days) and now it's the 17 and i started having this really dark brown but very very light period in the middle of the week (a few days ago) and normally it starts out like that but gets really heavy. i have all the signs of getting my period...tender breasts, etc.

i'm not on birth control...

i'm 17 years old

i've read that a sign of pregnancy can be having a very very light period.
I can't imagine how you could have gotten pregnant. Don't worry, you are fine but I do suggest taht you go see a gynecologist for birth control and family planning. You are getting awfully close to putting yourself into a bad position. Slow down and enjoy being a teenager. But be smart if you do decide to take things to another level. One more thing. Maybe try talking to your mom. Don't know what she's like but my 16 year old and I talk about EVERYTHING. Maybe you could give her a chance. Good Luck! And BE CAREFUL!!!
first of all thank you so much for responding so fast. you made me feel a lot better. but i'm still worried. it's so unusual for me to have this light of a period. normally mine is extremely heavy and normally i have such bad cramps... and now it's very very very light...so light that if i wore pads instead of tampons i don't think i'd even notice it... i can go like 5 hours with a tampon in and have hardly ANYTHING. and it's always a dark brown color and looks sticky and there's only a little bit pink blood...

i'm so scared. i don't wanna have to worry about it for another month. :( i can't tell my mom that i've done that with my boyfriend. it'd break her heart... :( and i would never have sex with him... but i asked her today why it would be so light and she asked if i was stressed. i mean i am a little bit but not much... :| i can't buy a test...everyone knows everyone in this town...and this would definately get around... i don't know HOW i could be pregnant... all i did was go to the bathroom after giving him a hand job and i'm just scared that in the process of wiping it might have some how gotten up there. :( i hope to God that i'm not pregnant. tell me what you think...
please, please dont be scared!!! you are worrying so much that you are affecting your own body by not getting your period. your period can do crazy things. it can come early, late, be light, heavy, short, long..its ok. even if by some slim chance you did get "some" on you, sperm pretty much dies when it comes in contact w. air. our world would be even more over populated than it is now if we got pregnant by giving a hand job. so do not worry any longer ok? just be more careful next time and dont do anything sexually that you may worry over or regret. and dont think your mom cant sense things cuz we are on to stuff like that. we are all over it!! even if you think theres no way. she may be thinking (because your period came up) that you did something more than what you really did. to be honest, im glad you are worried about this because it means you care and that you do not go around sleeping w. just anyone. good girl!
I don't have sex regularly, (maybe once every 3 months)and I am not on birth control.  I have been dating the same guy for about 2 years, but before him I had sex regularly with my old boyfriends. But I was on birth control then.  Since dating him, I have been to the gyno, 3 times.  My paps always come bak normal, and my doc says everything looks normal. But when I tell them that I have heavy bleeding, and pretty harsh cramps, they tell me to get on birth control.  My family has a history of endometriosis, and they say I should be tested.  I have brownish pink discharge almost all month long.  This has been going on for about teh past 4 - 5 months.  I wonder if it because I don't have sex often , so when I do it just gets old blood out.  I don't know, any advice?
I am on "the pill" and am expecting my period this tuesday (oct 4.). My period has been regular i guess b/c of the pill. I had sex right after i ended my period and about 1 week ago. I didn;t use protection but it was with someone i am dating, plus he didn't finish(if u know what i mean.. long story). I am just gettin over the flu now and i started gettin symptoms of the flu on Monday (Spet. 26) basically since tuesday i have had a dark brown dischrge. It isn't blood, but discharge ad its not heavy, i just notice it more b/c of the color. I've had this discharge for about 3 days now, usually around this time before my period i do get slight cramping, so the slight cramps i feel i am used to. Nothing unusual with pain, i am just worried about the brown discharge. Should i go to the doctors? My friend said it happened to her before and its just old blood or something. I was alaso reading how you said if there was "rough" sex or somethign this might happen, when he fingered me, it kind of hurt to the point where i wanted him to stop. Could that be it? also i used Lube, i only used it once before but we used alot this time, could this be an allergic reaction? I am freaking out! someone help me!
Hi, I know there has been a lot of posting about dark brown discharge on this thread and I'm hoping someone can help me with the same problem.  I had what I thought were the symptoms of a yeast infection for about two weeks, so I went out and got OTC treatment for it (I know I should have checked with the doctor first, but insurance reasons kept me from doing it).  On the last day of the 7-day treatment, I noticed a pinkish discharge.  It then turned to a dark brown discharge, and now it has blood in it.  It's been going on for about 3 days now, and I'm supposed to get my period tomorrow.  I'm very confused because I haven't had unprotected sex (my boyfriend of 4 years and I are always safe), so if anyone could try to help me understand what's going on, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.
me and my boyfriend recently went to cyprus for a 10 day holiday i was on my period for half of it , none the less on the light days when when we were really drunk we had sex. although we still used a condom. however  we some really **** condoms, so just to be safe 3  days after i took 3 of the birth control pills and 3 12 hours later. now i am having like brown discharge, what does this mean ??????
My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex about 21/2 weeks ago and he got off.I have been on YAZ birth control for 6 months.A few days after my breast started hurting.  Around a week early my stomach started aching in odd places. I took a pregnancy test a week later and it came out negative. I was having brownish-pink discharge and a couple days later I started my period which is completly normal. i think.. I was on it for 4 days. light period and only during the day.Been off for a couple days. but still having the discharge. I felt a lil sick in my stomach when i first woke up. and off and on all day.  My Breast arent sore anymore. but i am having lower back pain. but it might be from painting. My moms not being a big help. cuz she doesnt know anything. and I dont have a doctor up here. WHat do you guys think. please help. I need to figure out if im pregnant soon bcuz my bf is supposed to be leaving to Austria in a month. and if i am he isnt going. Thank you.
Hi I am 19 years old, and have been in a 4 and half year relationship, so of course we are sexually active.  We always use condoms, but there is always the worry of pregnancy.  More worry now than ever.  I recently noticed a brown discharge one day after having sex.  It was very light not heavy, but not like water either.  It went away until the next morning, which would have been 2 days after sex.  It did not show up on my panties, it only showed up when I wiped.  My abdomen has not really hurt, just sort of a sore feeling.  I think due to the worry and stress of possibly being pregnant.  I should be starting my period in about a week or two.  Could I be pregnant, have an infection, be crazy, or is this normal?  
OK WELL IM 19...IT ALL STARTED A MONTH AGO , I HAD BACTERIAL VAGINITIS AND I DIDN'T KNOW IT AND I WENT TO THE OB/GYN 2 WEEKS AGO AND THEY DIAGNOSED ME AND TOLD ME TO TAKE PILLS I THINK IT WAS METRONIDOSOL OR SOMETHIN LIKE THAT...I FINISHED THA PILLS ON FRIDAY...JULY 20TH AND I STARTED SMOKING ON MONDAY 23RD AND THAT MONRNING I WOKE UP I HAD DARK BROWN DISCHARGE, AND IT HAS A LITTLE BIT OF BLOOD WIT IT, I THOUGHT IT WAS MY PERIOD COMING ON CUZ IT'S ABOUT THAT TIME..AND I HAD SEX THURSDAY JULY 19TH...I DON'T KNOW WATS GOING ON IM SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THIS AND I NEED HELP, IT'S NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE, HELP ME PLEASE!
i've been having a dark brown discharge not heavy at all since saturday and i'm supposed to get my period wednesday (tomorrow) & it's like the last day of my period but brown & i've never had this before. this has been for 5 days straight & i usually get it maybe for a day but not 5 days and i'm nervous. last time i had sex was last thursday, two days before i got this discharge and we used a condom and im on the pill & he never cummed inside of me. i'm nervous because idk why this could be happening ?
help me pleasee ??
I'm having dark brown discharge and I have no idea why. I'm not due for my period, I get it usually around the 20th of every month, I really just had it. Reading all this stuff about pregnacy is making me really really worried. I'm a virgin (and proud of it, I'm not very old however I've had my period for almost four years now), so I don't really know how that could've happened? I also noticed a spotting of blood just now. I was working out in the heat and I felt nauseous, which I think may have been just the heat. Also last night, (this morning was the first time I noticed the discharge), I was a little tiny bit nauseous and crampy, but only for a minute or so. My last period started off terribly, I had cramps so bad that I passed out and threw up. I'm just really confused and lost and worried. I really really don't want this to be anything.

please help ASAP.
young daughter  , started missing periods, every other month , lost like 15 lbls, got in trouble with a boy , gave the abortion pill , just in case , i told her for now on you get your period every two weeks , i was  only kidding , since then she been getting periods ever two week for about 3 months, she complaining , ia m ok , because she getting it. but this time is dark brown dsicharge , and i dont think  she eating enough, very active , not sexually ,  she is 5,10 125 lbs , pediatrician chart says she  above average on her weight , shes fine, they have two different charts they  keep, weight and height  seperate .    by the way she always tampons .
hey i was wondering if anyone can help me with my issue. see the thing here is in the middle of June was my last period session(dont remember how long it lasted for-3 or 5 days usually), have had sex 3 times since, each without any protection. The first 2 times he finished, but not inside me, the 3rd we never finished. Its been about 6 weeks since my last period and i havent experienced my usual symptoms of my period. Usually my boobs would swell just a little and would be sore. Instead im over the past week ive been getting brown discharge, and now its going away as if it was my period(but not really) along with cramps i had for one day(but they were more like bathroom gas cramps........). is there anything i should know? or do?
I seem to have been censored! Just so you understand - 'pre-***' is pre-ejaculate. sorry everyone.
I'd get a pregnancy check because if you're using the 'withdrawal' method as contraception you can still get pregnant. Guys get pre-*** before actually ejaculating and there's live sperm in pre-***! So even though he pulls out before ejaculating he has a high probability of leaving behind pre-*** sperm in your vagina. Also you can get light bleeding or spotting when you're pregnant.
I have this same dark blood that everyone seems to be talking about. The dark blood was very light and I had it for over a week.  I have not had a period in about 2 months. Any thoughts on what this could be??????
Hi i am hoping that somebody can help me, i had a regualr period about two weeks ago and once it was finished my bouyfriend and i had sex for the next two days after it. I am not on the pill and it was unprotected sex!
Now i have had brown discharge for the past two days, it is not heavy and there is no pain. Please does anybody know what this is??
hey, i need some help.
last month my period lasted over 3 weeks, it was light for the first week and gradually got heavier like a normal period. i decided not to go to the doctor after it stopped, but now i have a dark brown discharge that's lasted for 2 days. me and my boyfriend didnt use protection, but he doesnt think he can have kids. i feel fine, not nauseaus and my boobs dont hurt. i've been under a tremendous about of stress for the past couple of months, im hoping that's all it is.
Maybe sumbody can help me I've  been having dark brown discharge I haven't got my period for a long time I would say about 4 or 5 months and now I have this discharge with a little bit of blood and I've been with my boyfriend for 3 in a half years and of course we have unprotected sex so can sumbody help me could I be pregnant what's wrong and I've been using the bathroom a lot can sumbody help me please thank you
I haven't had my period in 6 months. last week I had cramping in my stomach and then 3 days of occassional dark brown blood. Does anyone have any idea of what this could be?
I have never had my period before, and i am 14 years old. Last night, i noticed my discharge was brown, but it had no odor. It was still going on this morning, and I was wondering if this normal, and if it means my period is coming soon? I don't do anything sexual at my age, so what could this be?
Me and my boyfriend are sexually active & I have been on Yaz birth control for a little over a month. I didn't get my period the four days that I was supposed to, but I figured for the first month that could be normal. I got it the first day of the second pack and it lasted for almost a week. After I had gone all day without a tampon and no bleeding, I had sex that night and then it started bleeding again during intercourse. I put a tampon in that night. The next 2 days I went without a tampon just fine all day, but I put in a tampon the evening of the second day to see if everything was clear, and it came out with brown stuff on it. And has done that today as well. The brown stuff isn't coming out as discharge, its just in there. I don't know what to do. My mom is the only gynecologist in town. (Great, right? lol.) But please help me ease my mind!
I have had the dark brown discharge for almost 2 1/2 weeks now and i don't know what it could be. Yes i know its normal for it to last 2-3 days before or after your period, but this long. I am a little worried.  And i haven't had my period for a little over a month.

Dark brown, thick blood is old blood. Sometimes blood stays in the uterus for a few days, and when it comes out it is brown. Think about how a bloodstain on clothing looks after a few days -- it does not stay bright red. If associated with severe cramping, this brown blood may be a sign that the cervical opening is too narrow, preventing free flow of menstrual blood; the blood sits in the uterus for a while, until contractions of the uterus push it out.
If your daughter's cycles are irregular, she may not be ovulating. In this case, portions of the uterine lining may be shed erratically, creating irregular bleeding that is mistaken for a real period. These small amounts of tissue may flow out as well as when the entire lining sheds with a normal menstrual cycle. Because it may take longer for this blood to be extruded, it may look browner and thicker.

Sometimes an infection can cause menstrual blood to look -- and smell -- funny. If associated with a foul odor (remember blood itself often has a characteristic smell), tenderness or fever, this should definitely prompt a visit to the gynecologist.

Just so you all know, I copied and pasted the above information from a medical web site - Hope it helps! :)
hi im 20 yrs old ive been off the pill for 2 months now, ive had my period like 3 weeks ago n now ive got brown discharge ive had it for like over a week? what is this is it serious? can u help?? xx
hi, a few months ago i started having a dark bloody discharge that lasts for about 2 weeks in between my periods, ive only had sex once a long time ago, and i gave a guy head once, so i thought mayb i had something. i went to the gyno and all my tests came back negative. Recently i started dating this guy again and i noticed that after he fingers me this discharge comes back, it came back today. how did all my tests ocme back negative, and this keeps happening? help!
on monday i gave a special friend of mine head and i let him finger me, i had just gotten off my period that day and when he fingered me my vagina hurt for about an hour after but it always does that. afterwards i noticed a light brown fluid in my underwear and it's still there. it has a smell but its not strong but its not pleasant. i was wondering if anyone knew what this was?
i'm 18 years old and not sexually active. i've always had ireggular periods ex. every other month i get and extremly heavy one. im a little worried because i've been having a very think brown/black discharge will blood in it, i know that this is possilby oxegnated blood but there just soooo much of it. does anyone have any ideas of what might be happening to me?
ME AND MY BOYFRIEND HAVE BEEN HAVING SEX FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW AND I JUST STARTED TAKIN BIRTH CONTROL PILLS ALSO.BUT HERES THE THING SINCE IVE BEEN TAKIN THEM ITS LIKE IVE HAVE BROWN STUFF COME OUT OF MY VIRGINA,MT BREAST HAVE BEEN TENDER ,AND IVE HAD CRAMPS AS IF IM ABOUT TO HAVE A PERIOD..BUT THIS BROWN STUFF FIRST STARTED OUT LITTLE AND NOW ITS LIKE CRAZY AND I DONT KNOW WHATS GOIN ON...CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!
At the beginning of my of my last period I had really dark brown discharge for the first day and a half then I had an abnormally light period  after the period I had some more dark brown discharge I am sexually active and I had sex about 2weeks prior to my period what could this mean?
i finished my period 2 days ago and a day later i had a dark brown discharge coming out watery and sometimes quite thick before my period me and my boyfriend had on and off unprotected sex after i started to get indigestion and i still have it over 4 weeks later. could i be pregnant? thanks keke x
I got this from a web site

DIFFERNT TYPES OF DISCHARGE

White: Thick, white discharge is common at the beginning and end of your cycle. Normal white discharge is not accompanied by itching. If itching is present, thick white discharge can indicate a yeast infection.

Clear and stretchy: This is "fertile" mucous and means you are ovulating.

Clear and watery: This occurs at different times of your cycle and can be particularly heavy after exercising.

Yellow or Green: May indicate an infection, especially if thick or clumpy like cottage cheese or has a foul odor.

Brown: May happen right after periods, and is just "cleaning out" your vagina. Old blood looks brown.

Spotting Blood/Brown Discharge: This may occur when you are ovulating/mid-cycle. Sometimes early in pregnancy you may have spotting or a brownish discharge at the time your period would normally come. If you have spotting at the time of your normal period rather than your usual amount of flow, and you have had sex without using birth control, you should check a pregnancy test
um ive been having dark brown discharge for the past few days and small sores on the lining of my mouth that go away in a day or so.. i had unprotected sex last sunday because it was one of the last days of my period and i thought i couldn't get pregnant but i freaked out after and took a morning after pill... ive had the sores in my mouth before that ordeal but the dark brown discharge isn't noted as a symptom of "plan b" so im really scared..

please help im only 16 and i have no idea what to do.
I have passed menopause years ago.  At times I have a brown vaginal discharge.  Not sure why.  I have an appointment with an MD for a physical.  Have had kidney issues and scans done.  They found cysts on both kidneys and will repeat the scans as it's been almost six months.  What can be causing this brown discharge?  
http://www.pamf.org/teen/health/femalehealth/discharge.html#Is%20this%20normal?

try this website it might make you feel better!
i have not had sex in 6 months than 0525/08 i did. The next day after that i started having brown discharge i seen some skin on the tampon as well the discharge is real dry, and no odor. My period did come late which was 05/30/08  i did bleed for my regular days, about 3 days, now 06/03/08 i still have the brown discharge. i have a 25 day cycle.
Hey My name is blanca and I'm 17. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years. I started my last period on April 24 and got off on the 30. Which is normal for me, I usually start at the end of the month. Like um... 3 weeks ago I started bleeding and I still am, but it wasn't normal. Its like the last days of your period but it doesn't stop. Its dark brown and sometimes it has a hint of red blood and I had sex on May 10th, May 17th, and May 21st. (I write down everything). And I was suppose to start on May 28th. I always have unprotected sex(guess I'm just asking to get pregnant) but I've always had, for like um.. 3 years now and I have never gotten pregnant(Knock on wood) but I think I would have started any kind of symptoms of pregnancy and I haven't so I doubt I'm pregnant and I don't wanna tell my mom cause she's really really mexican and her and my dad believe that I'm still a virgin and always tell me that if I lose my virginity i'm out the house. And they mean it, They kicked my sister out in february cause she had sex with a guy so my mom Isn't a option. Please give me advice!
i've been having alot of abdomal pain when ever i hold my urine and alot of the dark brown discharge
I had sex 4 days prior to my period and than I had a wierd period.

Usually I would have an extrememly heavy period that is constant and that tappers down to brown discharge and goes for minimum one week.

This time I started out almost non existant and that was pretty much done 5 days later and the whole time I maybe bleed red blood for five hours.  Otherwise it was nothing or brown mucousy, stringy.

Than after I hadn't had anything for a couple days I figured I was done and than I had full out red blood for about an hour and than it went away and returned the next day but brown and light.

Now it seems it may be done for real.

I have never had this kind of on and off again stuff before.

Should I be concerned.
hi this is peaches125 i've been having alot of pain in my lower part of my stomach and it hurts more when i have to use the bathroom, also for the past couple of weeks i've been having alot of dark brown discharge.
I've been on a birth control for a year and stopped. after stopping, did not have aperiod for 4 months and then the period came and lasted for a month.its been more than a month and havent had my period yet. I've been having brown discharge which i thought was a period. the brown discharge has been like once or twice a day for a week and now, the second week its slighly red/ pink. I've sexually active & unprotected sex, since i was off on birth control. Is it something to worry?
okay. so me and my boyfriend of over a year had sex for the first time and we used a condom with spermicide on the condom. we thought that a little of it may have spilled out of the back of it so i freaked out a lot and took the plan B pill.
now it's about a day before my period and yesterday i had lots of brown and pink discharge and i don't know what it is. also i've been having cramps and a little back pain like during my period.
what's happening?
please help me.
i've been reading some of these comments and i have a similar problem.
for like the past week now i've been having this real dark brown discharge. At first it was real light and i didnt even notice it so i was sure it would just going to stop, but it hasn't and it's becoming more heavy almost like a period! i even had to put on a tampond! this is really starting to scare me. Im not having any pains..it just started happening!
and the last time i had sex was about 2weeks ago but it wasnt hardcore.
can anyone help me?
im going to get checked but i just need some advice!!
hey it's me again..i forgot to add that i was on the shot for like 7 months..i just got off of it b/c it was making me sick.so of course you kno when your on the shot you dont get a period..at least not a regular one. So the last time i've had a real period was like last year..im talking april/march 07!!!!!!

could this have anything to do with it????
well i've like gotten my period but it is really heavy and then it seems to go away at night...
is that normal??
i think it's because i'm not doing a sport right now so i'm not as active.. so do you think that's a possibility?
because it started out as spotting and then it got really heavy then next like 4 days and just went away every night... or because really really really light.. is that normal??
please wb.
Help!
Last week I had sex with my boyfriend and we used protection. the next day I was due on my period but I came on a day late but that usually happens anyway! But my period is just dark brown discharge. I have told my mum that I have just had the discharge and she said its just old blood and its nothing unusal as I sometimes get it towards the end of a period. I'm so paranoid that I am pregnant. I am so sure everything went ok during intercourse and I checked with my boyfriend too and he said everything was ok. Am I just being paranoid about being pregnant? Please help!!
I was on birthcontrol for one month. My husband and I decide to have a child together and so I took it out(I was on the ring). I started my period two days later. Then the following month I started again and then is stopped again. Shortly after I started discharging brown and have not stop. I've gone to the doctor's and did pap smear and took blood test but it all came back negative. I also did pregnancy test and nothing. I'm so scared. I dont know what it can be. It smells like old blood and it does not hurts. and I fill a panty liner in one day and discharge when I pee..
Help
I recently had unprotected sex with my boyfriend like three and a half weeks ago and I'm not due to have my period till next week but this week I've been having terrible stomach cramps in both the stomach and lower abdomen. My boyfriend didn't "***" at all he pulled out and nothing else happened.. I'm so scared of the "precum" that could have sperm in it that could get me pregnant. I've been going crazy thinking about it. Recently though, I think I started my period but it is very very light and I only knew that I was bleeding when I wiped myself..and so I used a very light tampon and later on when I changed it, there was blood and some very brown discharge..Could it mean that I'm pregnant? I've been reading about decidual bleeding which occurs very early on in pregnacy.. I really don't know and I'm very worried about it..
I had my period on June 9 and its now July 22... Around July 1 I had light brown discharge and then it went away... I took a pregnancy test 2 weeks ago and the test showed up negative. Yesterday I went to the bathroom and when i wiped it was light brown again. Then when i went to the bathroom again it was a light pink and now today its a very dark brown. What is happening? Could I be pregnant? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME OUT!
i need help, i have never had this happen to me befor. i ended my period two weeks ago, and i have just recently taken the morning after pill, and i just got back on the pill after a week of not being able to take it. i had sex last week with a condom, and he pulled out, but just tonight, i had this thick brown discharge coming out of me, and this has never happend befor. could it be because of me getting back on the pill, or taking the mornig after pill? somebody help me
I had my period about 3 weeks ago and I start my next one at the start of the new month which is in a couple of days time, but for about 2 days now i've been having a slight strange watery brown dischange. It is very dark and dries up quickly but I am having no pains, infact I barely even notice it. I am quite young and a few days ago I had sex with my boyfriend who's seventeen, you could definitely say he was a ''big guy'' in that sort of way and I wonder if maybe it's just my body adjusting to it or if I bled during sex and it's only starting to appear now, or maybe even that it's just a sign that my period is coming. He pulled out since I don't have any protection that fits him (lol) and I did wonder after seeing other posts if maybe I'm pregnant but I doubt it since I haven't had morning sickness or any pains i've just been normal. If anyone has any ideas on what this could be could they please tell me? I don't really want to tell a parent or see a doctor because if I did I would be in A LOT of trouble and so would my boyfriend. Any ideas i'd like to hear them.
Thanks x
The same thing sortof happened to me. Me and my bf normally use a condom because i dont take birth control but one night we went without it. A couple weeks ago i was getting this really dark brown discharge and my stomach hurt so bad, then i went to the bathroom one night and while i was peeing something dropped in the toilet and it was the size of a smartie. I dont have discharge now but my period is late, could the brown discharge have been it in disguise? im really worried and i dont even have a gyno. please help!
DitaLeoni
should we stop pooja after we spot brown discharge?
I had my period over a week ago, it lasted 6 days and ended last monday. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex that day. Its been a week now and I've been having brown discharge for a few days now, not thick or heavy, no pain. I have been on the pill for about 4months now and I sometimes forget to take it so I end up taking more than one in a day sometimes to catch up. Anyone know what the problem could be?
I had sex with my boyfriend about a week ago. This week i have been having dark brown discharge. It's only a little bit at a time, but its been happening everyday for the past three days. i have been looking at pregnancy symptoms and it says that at the beginning of pregnancy you have spotting. I have been having minor cramps but i shouldn't be getting my period for another 2 weeks. Could i be pregnant?
Well I've been pretty concerned with my body for quite some time now. I've been to 4 doctors and 2 hospitals to have tests done and they all tell me that everything is fine with me. Just recently within the last two months i've been having brown to black discharge and I call it discharge because it's way more discusting that blood. I first started going to the doctor because of abdominal pain and it hurts high up in my ovaries when I have sex. I make sure to protect myself and I'm on the pill. I stopped drinking and eating anything with caffeine (including chocolate). They've given me lortab and the pain is consistent. Recently in the past month my back has been an addition to the pain factor. I was told to miss a couple of periods using my birthcontrol but it really feels like they're jerking me around with their experiments. I hope that someone with some greater knowledge reads this....
~Billei
here lately ive been having dark brown discharge associated with pain and itchyness randomly throughout the month and a day or so after ive had sex.. im not on bc but we do use condoms.. i just dont think its normal to have this dark brown discharge most of the time.. what could be causing this?
Okay help you guys!!  I had sex 3 weeks ago, then I got my period the day after intercourse. My period ended a long time ago but..all of a sudden I have been getting brownish discharge, I figured it would go away but.. this has been going on the past 4 days and im freakin out!! 4 pairs of my panties are ruined and it will not stop!! what do you think this might be?? I dont have any pain or problems and I can feel when the brown discharge is leaking out, it feels like when you first start your period the wet feeling down in there (gross I know) I just might need to get it checked out!! im affraid what the doc will say!!!!! Help please =(
For the past two weeks I have been experiencing dark brown discharge. I can feel myself ovulating but whats weird is that I am feeling it in both ovaries at different times. Meaning it switches off like every couple of days. The other weird thing is I have not had my period in two months. I have always been very irregular and nothing has helped, but I was regular for four or five months prior to these past two months. This is concerning me and I do plan on making an appointment with the gynecologist but I wanted to ask you guys first. Also I have not had sex since June so that rules out that category. Any ideas?
I've been on birth control for over a year and my boyfriend and I use condoms when we have sex.  However, I'm experiencing a dark brown discharge right now (it's been like this for 2 days) and for about 2 days before this, it was light pinkish-red.  I'm due to start my period in 2-3 days and I haven't missed any pills.  Can anyone give me any advice?  I'm freaking out over here...

thanks!
I'm 15 years old. I've never had my period before because I'm REALLY skinny (naturally) and last night i had discharge that had some red tinges in it. I thought maybe I had my period but today I got this really dark brown discharge and when I went to the toilet today I got the same discharge with redness that looked like blood. I thought the brown stuff might be my period but it was really light (in quantity) and about the same amount as a normal discharge... does everyone get this before their period or not??   gp???  =S
Hi my name is curly I been having brown discharge 1 week before my period  for serverl months .Im worry.. Its very dark and stain my pantyliner. I worry if I have any infection. I do have un protected sex with my partner. I would like to see if this is normal or I might be Peg? Or do I have to see my GYN ? Please explain I'm very worry
Hi, i am having the same kinds of problems.. i have been on Yaz birthcontrol and i am in my 4th month of taking them. today i saw a brownish discharge and im not supposed to start for atleats 8-12 days.. (i have 8 more pink pills left and then there is the 4 white pills, and i usually start on the 3rd or 4th white pill).. ive never seen this brown discharge before... could it be from the pills though, or could there be something else wrong?? someone please help! i am sexually active, and extremely worried...i dont know what to do!!!
i have been having this issue it seems like forever--i bleed very heavy, and pass alot of clots--my iron level is very low--and the first couple of days i can barely move--and on top of that i am irregular, dont know when it will come on or go off--sometimes i go on for months just bleeding and then when it slows down i have a dark brown gel like substance...i have been to the doctor and they check me for fibriods (hope i spelled that right)-didnt have them--and that day i wasnt bleeing--but my question is what is the reason for all of the clotting--and not just small clots i mean big ones to the point that i can feel it getting ready to drop--and i think that i have to pee and it is just blood pouring out of me--kinda scared--i am in the process of making another appointment--any thoughts?? i am just tried of all of the bleeding, i feel like i have no energy at all

thanks
scared and worried :(
Hey,
I really need some help with this; I'm also having dark brown discharge and its not even near the end or beginning of my period. I had sex for the first time a month ago or so, and after that I've only done it once, about two weeks ago. I doubt its an infection because i have no other symptoms, so I'm worried that it might be an allergic reaction to latex. can anyone help me figure out what this might be?

Thankz guys!!
Hey guy's my name is, well you can call me Jayde23!!! Here's my story, well I'm 23 years old (gonna b on tha 7th Jan), anyways,  a couple weeks ago (about 3 or 4) me and my partner slept together twice w/o protection and I'm not on birth control (everytime we slept together we didn't us protection or no birth control... NE ways,  like on the 30th, or so I had a weird brown discharge in my underwear (it was like a dark brown) than when I went to wipe, it was more of a faded brown... After that it lead to a very light, kinda only spotting period type thing, only it came way early, cause I normally have my period on the 2nd or 3rd of each month... I read some stories and answers and they said it could be pregnancy or early signs of pregnancy (implanation),  but I'm also scared of misscarrying, does anyone got any answers???? If so can you email me at ***@****????
when i was 17 yrs old i had cervical cancer and i had to get a cone biopsy. ever since then i have had normal pap smears i am 21 now ever since that i have got like a brown discharge like blood once in a while after sex mostly when i get fingured i be thinkn that its just like irratation maybe to my cervix . i dont now does some one now
I had my period about a week ago and am still a virgin, though I do do some external sexual activities with my boyfriend. Since this morning I've been having small amounts of brownish to dark brown thick discharge. I've only done anything really extensive with my current boyfriend and haven't had this problem before. Could this just be left over blood from my period that didn't come for a week? Or is this something more serious? Can anyone help me? Please, I'm getting scared.
okay . i had never done anything like with a boy . and the about 2 months ago my boyfriend fingered me . ( i wass so scared) . and like i started my period & i was on my period for almost a whole month . i was terrrified . & like when i finally got off of it . i had brown stuff coming out of my vagina .& it would do that for like 2 days in a row . & then stop for 2 days & start again . & im only 13 . , and i don't know what to do . ; i mean i can't tell my mom because she will kill me . & im so confused  . i need help . whats wrong with me . i want it to stop and i haveee no clue how to make it stop ,

btw ; im diabetic . if that has anything to do with it  
I just started being sexually active a month ago. I have been on Yasmin for almost 4 years and never had a problem. I have been with the same guy for a year and we were both virgins. We had sex the 13, 15 & 17th of January. The next week I got my period and the following week I had strep and was on an antibiotic for 5 days. My boyfriend fingered me 2 days and it really hurt. (we haven't done it since) At the end of last week we had sex twice in one day. The next morning I had brown clumpy discharge and it was brown when i wiped. It lasted 2-3 days and now it's almost gone. I get my period in a week and 1/2. I'm worried either that he may have tore or scratched something last week and it took till now to get the blood out or that it's implantation and I may be pregnant. I'm really scared I'm only 21. Ever time we had sex we used a condom and I take my pills everyday. I haven't missed a pill in 5 or 6 months (before being sexually active) Any suggestions? Do you think I am pregnant? Please help
I fotgot to mention I also have lower back pain that comes and goes but I am also an athlete Thanks
i hade for the first time on may 12th i made him stop after about a minute he didnt come in me but i no he pre came in me  and im embarrassed to say i was just pleasureing myself when i was done i found brown discharge on my hands my friends told me i have to wait 3 weeks to take a pregnancy test my period is suposed to start late in the month but this month is allmost hafe gone im scared i been feeling dizzy and like i wanna throw up but i never thougt anything of it and now this brown dischage is really scareing me somebody please help me!
you do NOT know if precum was released...you would not be able to tell and a guy does not need to ejaculate inside of you for you to become pregnant.

its soon for you to be feeling all these pregnancy symptoms. your young. your cycle might be all over the place and you fingering yourself might have caused yourself to bleed slightly.

what you might have seen was dry blood from your last period because going by your friend telling you to test....(when your periods due or missed)...you had sex the week before your period? becuse your period was last week...becasue that would make the 3 weeks to test correct
I'm 16 and I'm not really sexually active (despite being fingered on occasion and only very rarely). Lately, when I go to the toilet, there are always a few small spots of a dark sticky brown discharge on the paper. They are only small but there are always one or two.
I'm slightly worried about infection, but my period is due in about a week so I'm wondering if this could be relevant?
I've read that discharge brown in colour indicates bleeding but I have not had penetrative sex or any type of rough sexual activity...
brown discharge color does indicate bleeding...its old blood. thats all it is. if your fingering yourself you might be hurting yourself inside or maybe its old blood from your last period. it doesn't sound like its anything to be worried about
Hi I am 18 and ive been in a relationship with my boyfriend for about a year. Since i am on birth control we have unprotected sex but he always pulls out never once has he not. I am supposed to start my period pills tomorrow and my period usually starts a few days after I start taking those, but last night i was having terrible cramping and this morning i had a lot of dark brown dishcharge, more like what i have on a heavy period but it was brown. I have never had this before, however my sex life has increasingly gotten a little more rough than usual, so i was wondering if this could have something to do with it or if i should be worried.
you do kno you can get pregnant on the pill right? even if you take it correctly. its not 100% and plenty of women get pregnant on the pill. and people get pregnant even when a guy pulls out.

you should take a pregnancy test
my due date for periods is 15th i had unprotected sex wid my bf on 22nd of april dat is 8th day of my cycle . i m worried if i m pregnant . i tries a hpt on 12th may n it was negative , i m havin bleeding since 15th may but i m not sure if it is spotting or my periods as it is compartively light plsss help m
okay i had sex about almost 3 weeks ago and then about 4 days ago i started bleeding at first there was barely anyything just a light pink when i wiped then when i woke up i had cramps and when i peed there was blood but there was never alot like there usualy is and when i wipe its brown its just not a normal period... and on top of that i think it was to early for it to even be my period bc i already had one in the begging of the month ...could i be pregnet?
it is the begining of the month
yes i no that i already had my period in the begging of june and then i had it at the end of june and i shouldnt get my period for another week yet

you said you had a period in the begininig of june and then at the end of june? if you had your period at the start of june....lets say the 1st...and had your period at the end...lets say the 28th.....your period WOULD NOT be comming in a week from now

you also said you got your period. you shouldnt be worried about pregnancy
i had my period about june 7 and then got it again on the 28th
ok you have less than a 28 day cycle but its only the 2nd...and next week is too soon for your period i think...you seem to have a 22 day cycle...your next period should be the 19...thats not next week. how did you get these calculations

either way you have been geting your periods..that means your not pregnant
well thats what i was figuring out if it was my period or that bleeding you get when u could be pregnet bc its not a normal period for me...and with the caculation i had my period on the 7th this month and 28 days from then would be july 5th.. but instead i got it on the 28 only 20 days after my period....sry for the confusing
you keep saying this month, its july...id you mean june?

if your periods were not normal then take a test. but if it was indeed your period then no you would not be pregnant
Alright so it is Wednesday (well thurs. technically now) and on Sunday I noticed I had brown discharge that seemed like the normal kind, throughout the day i had it and changed pantyliners a couple times.I did have stomach aches and cramps (im pretty sure the same kind as before/during my period) and a bit of a headache. I am suppose to get my period maybe saturday (if it comes as per the 28 days). i've been more sexually active so i dont know if that could be apart of it  or hormones or somethin' (before my last period i had spotting a couple days before or the night before then came on and i think it was my normal period) however im not sure if it was spotting or just my period starting lightly.
There really isnt any noticeable odor so thats out. It hasnt really been like the mucous, discharge stuff that much lately, just sunday mostly. it's mostly been kind of like the brown you get at the end of your period, like dry light to dark brown spotting.
Im not really sure, Ive read its normal and theres some place i hear its not and you should get checked out
My period ended 2 1/2 weeks ago. i had unprotected sex 2 days before i got my period & 2day i woke up, because of this sharp pain i was having near my pelvis. When I checked my pantiliner I had a very thick dark muddy brown fluid on it. Creeped me out extremely! help!!
I see everyones been helpin out alot. I'm a senior in college have so many questions!! I havent had sex yet, but I was with my bf and I had a tampon in cuz I was on my last few days of my period. He put the very tip of his penis in me, but not far at all with no condom. That was about two months ago and i did get my period a month after that. But then he fingered me two weeks after my period again, and the next day i had this dark brown discharge, like coming out in clots. and then would also have dark red blood with it. It lasted about a week. It comes out almost like a normal period, but sometimes light. Now, I'm having it again after he did the same thing, and I dont know what to think. Am I pregnant?! or have an std?! Please help! Thankyou!
i had to go pee in the mornin so i went to the restroom and i peed when i finished peein i felt something else coming out so i looked at the toilet and it was brown stuff i didnt know what did it mean! the last time i had my period was 4wks ago and i had sex a week ago, what could be wrong???
Ive been on NuvaRing for 3 months now and my gyno told me i could keep it in for the 4 weeks and change it after bc there was no point in me having a period right now. About 2 weeks ago i started to get a light brown discharge and now it has gotten darker, but its not heavy until i work out, and doesnt hurt and im not haveing cramps or bloating. is this normal since i dont have my period monthly?
okay i recently started my birch control (yaz) roughly two weeks ago. My doctor sayst he occasional bleeding and irregularity is common. but now im having extremelyyyyy dark discharge. its not foul smelling but this started about two days ago and up to this point ive been cramping as though i was on my period. im not due for my period until around the 25th, its wayyy early and reallyy dark  not even enough to consider a legit period. its just alot of dark discharge and im kinda confused. I do have sex with my boyfriend of 2 years and recently it has been unprotected but nothing was new and ive never gotten pregnant, its been the same act so any thoughts?
I got my period on 30th of Sep and had my period for 7 days and after 2 or 4 days i start having dark brown discharge. ='( I never had sex before =( sometimes when i go to toilet and look down there is brown things there='(  and that brown discharge gets on my underwear and it's really annoying=(
please help me=(

Am i normal.....?
My period ended around the 10th of October. Generally i have a light brownish discharge and i know its my body cleaning out the old blood, but it's over a week later... and its thicker, much thicker and really wet. Right after my period ended I had sex with my boyfriend... and I was a little worried because he wasn't like his same self. Anyways, this dark brown discharge smells like it is coming from my vagina, but looks like it came from the anal area. It's unusual that I have this still. Has anyone else had this? And today... I got up and was lightheaded and someone asked if I was pregnant. Would this type of discharge be sign.... or is it just taking a long time for the old blood to come out? Could it be some small signs of feces escaping through the wrong area?

By: Worried brown
Ok hi everyone i know you all have the similar post but, about 2 days ago I noticed a rootbeer color discharge coming out of me and I have my period at the same time. Now the night before my fiance and I fooled around and i usually clean myself right after but i didnt due to the fact iI was so tired. So i woke up and went to the bathroom and wiped the remaninder of the female disharge from the night before and saw it was brown. Now its been like this for 3 days and I am a hard core worry wart and I,m really scared what do I do I just lost my health insurance and wont get it back untill a few months. UGH I been praying so much Im so scared please help im 22 with a son......
Please keep in mind you all could have Trich and not know it. Most of the time there are not alot of symptoms! In men or women! If this does not go away or followed by an oder....Call and set up an appnt to get tested! I went for 5 months not knowing I had this. Its curable!!!! Get tested! And wear a condom!!!!!!
im worried as i get a brown discharge sometimes after sex and sometimes i get a brown discharge even when i dont have sex then it stops and then i get spotting brown  i have a biocornuated utterous and a cystisill a vaginal wall prolapa and have had 4 lots of pre cancer treatmemts done with lazer and now im worried it might be either cancer or something wrong with my cervix or something wrong do you think i need to worry at all
so, recently I have gained like ten pounds, and seriously gaining weight like this  NEVER happens to me. I just got off my antidepressants a few months ago, and lost weight. So within the past two weeks I have had brown discharge. I had my period two weeks ago and had sex the day my period went away. Since then I have had random bleeding and really bad brown discharge. I have often had pains in my abs, and hip region. I was thinking the pain in the hip region was from my surgery of my appendix.. but that was almost a year ago now. It isnt lasting pain, but rather sharp spontaneous pain. Today the discharge was in a large amout right when I woke up. I dont know what is happening, and it is really starting to worry me.
Please help?

I am on othro vera (the patch) and soon thinking of switching to the shot.
I have been with my boyfriend for a while now and we fool around a lot. I gave him a handjob about a week ago and then he fingered me. I'm worried it couldve gotten up there if he touched the sperm. My discharge, which has always been the same has changed. it lightened up and then it went back to normal. Now it became a dark brownish color. I've thats a sign of implantation. Im so scared. please help.
I had sex two weeks ago, but now I've got this brown discharge, it was light at first but now it's dark dark and thick with blood in it. I have bad pelvis pains, and i'm not due for my period till the 22 at least, and i am on birth control. Advice?
I am 22 years old and my boyfriend and I have been together for well over a year. We are very sexually active and everything has been fine all along. However, about a week ago now I started my "period" or what i thought to be my period. Although there is blood and that familiar weird cramping feeling that makes me uncomfortable, there is also brown discharge. Now, I am not talking light brown, or barely there brown. It is dark brown, thick (almost the texture of school glue after it has dried a bit) and it is just disturbing looking. I have had this going on about the last 3 times I have gotten my "period", but this time with the thick school glue like texture ... I am getting a bit concerned. I was on the Depo Provera Birth Control needle for about 4 years almost (maybe 3 and a half even) and I have been off of it since September 2008. I am currently not on any birth control as we plan on having children in the near future. Any one have any idea what this is from. I am already 100% sure it is not normal. Light brown "discharge" may be normal, and discolored period blood may be normal and long/short, heavy/light periods may be normal. But having brown school glue like textured stuff coming out is not. I am a bit concerned it might be a sign of infertiility or cists. Any comments? Should I see a regular doctor and geta pap and physical? Or should I see a gyno or fertility doctor? or specialist of some sort?
I've had the same issue with the brown discharge. I've had this issue since february of this year which is the same time I start on Depo-Provera. I have the brown discharge all month long and only have a period for a couple days during the month. Needless to say, I haven't had sex since February because of the issue. I've gone time and time again to see my doctor who just says it is the "dry" blood coming out slowly and that I am healthy.. Does anyone have a second opinion before I make yet another appointment. There is no way I have an STI as I had a PAP at the time of starting the Depo and haven't had sex since.. Any feedback would be great thanks =)
I'm having the same problem, I am 1 week late and having brown discharge.. I too had sex but used protection... I think we should take a pregnancy test, it also from what I hear early stage of pregnancy, I have a sore abdomen so idk, I need help in this too :(
I started my period on the regular day that I usually start. I had some brown discharge at one point during it but it was mucus like, could I be pregnant?
i had my period for about 2 and a half weeks and then came off obvss.. and now im having like a dark slimmy discharge and cramps in my belly and feeling sick alot.. i have gone off some of my fav foods ... i dont no what this could be i took a hp and it came bac neg cud i still be pregnant ? :| please help me.
I am still a virgin, but i have been fingered a couple of times.. and I have been having brownish discharge in my undies and it has a smell:/ But it isnt irritated, or chunky..  it has happened before then it went aways for a while. my mom was doing the laundry and she asked me about it and said it wasnt normal.. should i go get checked out? and if so will they know that ive been fingered just from looking??
I AM GOING THOUGH MENOPAUSE AND I WILL BE 50 IN A FEW MONTHS BUT TODAY I WENT TO THE BATHROOM AND WIPED AND I SAW SOME VERY DARK BROWN (I QUESS IT WAS BL0OD) AND I AM NOT DUE TO BE ON MY PERIOD YET WHAT COULD THAT BE?  THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE, I AM CONCERNED PLEASE TELL ME SOMETHING!
I've been on birth-control for almost 4 months now.  The last time I had sex with my boyfriend was about a month ago, right after my period.  I haven't had another period, even though I was suppose to have one on December 27th.  Before then, I started bleeding a dark brown discharge and have been doing it ever since, but it's not like a period.  It's stringy, light but constant .. and a muddy brown color, sometimes it even looks black!  I've also been having blood clots, too.  Mostly, I find them when I'm showering or when I'm wiping myself after urination.  The largest was the size of my palm!  I've taken 3 pregnancy tests--all negative.  I have been having such horrible cramps (I seldom have cramps while even on my period) that I want to just cry from the pain.  I also get very dizzy and my knees have been giving out, causing me to collaspe.  It's been about 2 weeks that I've been doing this.  What's wrong with me?  What should I do?
I really need some help!!!
I'm on the birthcontrol shot (depo). I got my first shot in December, because I was just having a hard time remembering to take the pills. I was probley on the pills for 5-6 months. I was having weight gain/loss, hair loss, etc. I am in a relationship, and have been for over a year now, and I am sexually active. However, I have not had sex recently at all because of this embarrassing dark brown discharge I have been having, for 3 weeks,and I have no idea why! I haven't really gotten a period since the shot, maybe a 2-3 day one, but thats it. I don't think i'm pregnant becuase I rarely have sex now, and I have gotten that short period after it. Also, before I was on birthcontrol I have sex, and the condom had broken in a few cases, maybe 4 times or 5, and I never got pregnant. I feel as if either me or my partner is very infertile.

I really want to know what this embarrasing discharge is and what is causing it!! I do not think it is an STD or pregnancy..could it have something to do with my recent change in birthcontrol?? And i have used lotion as a lubricant before, could that be a cause?? can anyone help me please!
My last period started December 17th. My next period is due next week January 14th. For the past 3 days starting (January 5th) I have been experiencing medium brown discharge, sore breasts, nasuea & quite a bit of cramping. I feel like Im about to start my period but Im not due for another week. I have been having unprotected sex. I have been on birth control the past year but here and there I miss a day or 2 of pills (which happend in December a couple days before my last period. So I make up for it the following days. Does this sound like implantation bleeding? please help
Hi everyone,

kind of worried here so it'd be great to get some input ..

i had sex with my bf 14th dec, and took plan b postinor 2, 2 pills in 24 hours with a 12 hour interval about 44 hours after. Got my period about a day or 2 early on the 24th dec, and it lasted about 2 days longer than usual, and ended on the 28th , faded altogether on the 29th dec. It was somewhat heavier than usual, but this could have been due to the fact that i was very tired. I was active again on the 30th, but very briefly, and i mean extremely,( penetration was only about 5 seconds? )
On the 7th of jan i experienced some light pink discharge which was rather thick, and on the 8th i put on a pad to be safe, and found some dark brown discharge on it.   9th jan, there was  some white/yellowish discharge. 10th jan there was some thick, slightly milky discharge when i wiped ( it was stretchy) ( sorry tmi. just worried )
my period is usually pretty regular, about a 28 day cycle, and i usually get spotting 2 or 3 days before my period, so i'm not sure what to think. does anyone have any idea what it could be?
Also, i had cramps for a few minutes on the 8th night, and pelvic pain on the 9th night for a few minutes, as well as slight pain on the left side on the 8th night, and on the 10th jan, my right breast hurt very slightly even though there was no pressure on it or anything.

Any information or input would be greatly appreciated. thank you
Im 21 years old not on birth control. My last period was on October 12th but all my life my periods have been abnormal so it hasnt made me too nervous. I had sex on November 21st we used a condom and it did not break. He performed oral before the sex but had been drinking beer prior to it. The condom we used has lube on it and I had never used that type before. For the last few days I have been getting what seems to be old blood coming out of my vagina as if my period is going to start or has just ended. Ive taken three pregnancy test just in case and all have said negative. I havent been eating more or anything and my boobs are not sore and I havent been more tired then normal so Im about 90% positive Im not. I just want to know what it could be and the guy I slept with is clean I know for a fact. Im getting really nervous and scared because of this stuff. I made an appointment on wednesday but if anyone could give me some ideas to what it may be then I will atleast be prepared for the worst... :(
hi. I have a similar problem. I'm 17 and i haven't got my period for 21 months now, but my mum says that its normal because i'm still growing. My older sister also have irregular periods like once every 3 months and when my mum was around my age her period stopped for a year. i am not sexually active. Last month i had brown discharge for about 3 days and now its happening again this month. Am i suppose to be worried because the brown discharge is suppose to be old blood right?

please help me!!
thank you!
Hi there, I would be concerned if it was one my of my daughters and would take her to the gyno for a check up which you should do anyway every year. How is your weight and could this be a factor in what's happening? I hope everything checks out well for you, and remember its always good to keep up to date with health responsibilities like having regular check ups to keep well.
Take Care
Right well i need sum1s advice im 18 and ive got the implant in my periods have been regular since then ive been with my boyfriend 2 and a half years so ovbusly i sleep with him well i didnt come on my period last month and havnt *** on properly since then but i do keep getting lots of brown discarge its being going on for a about a month now, i know ppl say its when your about to start your perid or finish it but ive never had that before im really confuzed i have some symptoms of being pergnant but i duno i cud have had a miscarige... anyone no?? xxx
I have the same problem i had a miscarriage four weeks ago now, i have had sex twice with my husband. I have not as yet had a period after the miscarriage and have been gettin bad period pain's and lower back ache for about four day's now. I just went the toilet and there was a little bit of brown discharge on the tissue. What could this be please someone help! Thanks
i had a question i dont kno if anyone can help me with this problem. Yesturday my husband and i had intercourse, and right after we finished i went to pee. We didnt use a condom because we have been trying to conceive, and when i we got up my husband had light pink like blood on him. And well im supposed to start my period this wk like today but so far i have not gotten my period. But anyways when i peed,  i peed very light pink clumpy stuff. So i thought i got my period already but nope it was not my period. Is it bad that, that happend when i peed. Im kinda worried. Please help me out. give me your opinions.
okay so i had unprotected sex during the beginning of this month lets say on new years or new years eve one of the two .. i got my period a few days later but just today i got brown discharge.. and yesterday and the day before i have been having stomach pains not in the lower area like between my rib area .. am i pregnant ? i been reading that brown discharge means your pregnant .. but then i dont understand cause i did get my period a few days after i had sex. help would be good !
i had unprotected sex the beginning of this month lets say new years eve or new years on of those days.. a few days later i got my period . but today i got brown discharge and i been reading that, that means you are pregnant . but if i got my period would that be still a possibility.. also for a few days i been getting stomach pains not in the lower area but in between my rib area. im confused.
hi im 16yrs old and i was on depo provera but i only had one shot then i got off cause i didnt like the side effects and it was ruining me and my boyfriends sex life. but anyways after stuff cleared up me and him had sex unprotected and he would pull out and *** on my belly then we would have foreplay and he would go back in and pull out and *** again. this happined all on the same day and he pulled out and went back in a total of 4 times. could i be pregnant because now i have this brown thickish discharge?
Over the past week or so I have been having brown/darkish discharge. Some days it is worse than others and I find there is more in my underwear after I have run or done exercise! I haven't had sex for 3 - 3 and a half weeks. I was on antibiotics two weeks ago because I thought I had a urine infection. Not that is fine so I don't know what this discharge is about. I am due on my period this week and I am on birth control. If you have any ideas about what this might be I would greatly appreciate it!!
Thanks,
'Island Girl'
I'm in the same situation as most of you. However, I have an implant in my  arm which I got over 1 and half years ago, and this prevented me from having periods. However, for almost 2 weeks now I have been getting brown discharge on a daily basis, it's not as heavy as my period used to be, but there is still quite a bit and it is thicker than a period.

I have taken 3 pregnancy tests just to be on the safe side and they all came back negative. I have not had sex with my current boyfriend and the last time I had sex was over a year ago.

I was considering going to the GPs but I talked with my mum a few days ago and she said I shouldn't worry and it will go away soon enough. However, the bleeding doesn't seem to be ceasing.

So, all I wanted to ask from coming on here, was whether or not anyone else has been in the same situation and what they were told was causing it? I will probs go to the GP just to check it out if it persists, but this week is just a really busy week!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.  
i've missed my period 4 days ago i get this brown discharge a little bit once in awhile. I can't sleep at night i have cramps in my side. I also went to the gynocologists recently, but they didn't check for pregnancy could I be pregnant?
I was due my period, almost 2 weeks ago. & Instead of blood, it was brown? Most of you are saying sex, pregnancy ect. I'm in a same sex relationship, so.. it can't really be eathier :/

Sometimes i'll have slight blood, but mostly brown. It can be light, or heavy. It's been happening for almsot 2 weeks now, and it's stopping me from being intimate with my girlfriend, especially when valentines is coming up soon, i have alot planned for the night. but, none of that can happen untill this stuff stops.

Any advice on what i could be, it'd be much appreciated xx
I have been on the pill for two weeks three days now and have had continuous dark brown discharge/ blood since my period ended a week ago. It has been varied in consistancy. sometimes its heavy with clots other times it seems light. There is no pain or cramps. im just a little worried as to why its happening. Is this normal when starting the pill? has anyone else experienced this?
hey guys its about 5 days before i get my period and i had brown discharge last night and today i woke up with red blood on my panty liner just like a little bit of it enough for me to think its my period but then its been brown all day and very light not like a normal period i get also mild cramping. what could this bee?
I have had all of those symptoms sore breasts and random brown discharge my boy friend fingered me kinda rough and later I noticed brown discharge did not look close to old blood and I have had it for four days idk why and we ha sex 2-3 weeks ago unprotected but he went in twice and did not *** in me what's up with this?
ok, i had sex on february 6th. It was only like two minutes, but it still happened. i was supposed to start around the 15th to the 18th. i was two days late, then when i did start it was nothing but brown. now its only been this brown discharge for about 5 days now. I don't know what's going on. I've been itching all over also but i just don't know what to do. Help please?
Hi im married with one little girl who i adore, but i was just wondering if anybody knows if you can get pregnant on the first day of you period? well say period it was more like just a brownish discharge with no real sign of any blood, i don't keep track of my cycle as im quite irregular anyway!! im not real worried if i do fall pregnent again, but was just wondering if anybody knew... thanks!!
Hi, I'm 16 years old and have never had sex. For the longest time I have had brown discharge. I do mean the longest time, like over a year. I couldn't even remember the last time it was clear. I shower and keep myself very clean, I have no pain. I don't really masterbate if that even helps at all LOL mainly because I'm scared of going too far and I'm very sensitive, so I just stopped all together. Anyway, I have really dark brown discharge daily and have to wear a panty liner and pads everyday. It really scares me to go on the pill. I heard if I went on the pill that might help but there are so many risks with taking the pill, I'm scared. Is there anything I can do to just make this yucky discharge go away?? It's really disgusting and I'm really worried it could be serious. please help! Thank you
Sorry, I also forgot to add, I skip periods sometimes for months. I had mine a month ago for the first time in 4 months! So it's like I have discharge instead of periods!
hi, uhm, i have read a lot of these and im kinda worried. im on the pill, and i accidently skipped one and the next day i had dark brown, heavy discharge with what looked to be some blood. today is the first of march and i had my period around the 18th of febuary, so i shouldnt be starting for awhile. about a week or two ago i had sex with my boyfriend, but it was protected, we used a condom, but it was flavored. i dont know if its an allergic reaction or maybe im pregnant or something?
I had sex the day after my period ended. I was off my BC before that then 2 days later, i started my BC again. The condom broke but he pulled out before he ejaculated. Today i am suppose to get my period and i took a home pregnancy test and it came back negative. I have been getting slight cramping and brown discharge for a week now. I still did not get my period- its still brown discharge. Am i pregnant?
Hi! I am 20 years old and I need some help! FAST!
I know this is kind of long but I want to provide as much information as I can so I can hopefully get the answers I am looking for.

I had my period the first week in february (which was wierd because I usually start around the 8th of each month) and then had a urinary tract infection the week after. Around the 23rd of February I started cramping extremely terrible and started bleeding as if I were on my period again. My cramps were so bad that they even woke me up out of a dead sleep! IT WAS HORRIBLE! I've never had any kind of pain like that before.
Anyways, my boyfriend and I are sexually active and after my period and UTI were gone we had sex (without protection), I guess it was around the 17th and I was fine until about the 23rd. I bled for about three days and the cramps had stopped. Yesterday I stared cramping again and I started having a dark brown discharge. It had stopped and last night we had sex again but when we were done there was the brown discharge again. As far as I can tell it doesn't have an odor but I am completely horrified because I don't know what it is and I am uninsured so I can't go to the doctors office about it. My parents don't know that I am sexually active and it would break their hearts to know.
My boyfriend and I usually always use a condom and I am on birth control but there has been only two or three times tops we haven't used a condom.

For anyone who can help please e-mail me at ***@****
I am desperate and I want to know what is going on.
i have had brown discharge for about 3 weeks and it hurts in my lower stomach i dont know wat it could be can anyone help meeee im scared
First off you should generally give your period about a week to vary month to month (give or take a few days), so I wouldn’t think the fact that it came the first of the month instead of the 8th, is anything important, or connected, however with you being on the pill, that is a little irregular, but still I wouldn’t worry. Next thing to ask is how long have YOU been sexually active. This could explain everything very easily depending on your answer. A woman who has been sexually active for an extended amount of time (not just meaning time wise, but also meaning multiple times of intercourse) would not react nearly the same as say a younger woman who’s body isn’t as experienced or resistant. If that is you, then you have nothing to be worried about. Depending on the (sorry don’t mean to sound too graphic or anything but it needs to be said-) roughness of your intercourse, you are most likely having a problem that sums up to this:
     You said you take a form of the pill, which means your body either does not ovulate or your uterus is made too week so sub stain life, with both of these things, you still have a monthly period. With any woman all the blood will never leave your body, therefore the blood that is left will become old and this explains not only the texture but also the “brown” color you are seeing. Now going back to the roughness of your intercourse, you may have simply ruptured a spot within you that your “old” blood from a previous period was. This does not mean that you would bleed right away. In fact, it is very normal for bleeding to not occur for a couple of days after.  The cramping is most defiantly connected to your UTI. If your infection spread to your kidneys, it can cause horrible pain that can be easily confused with major period-like cramps. And even though you thought your UTI had cleared because the forward symptoms were cleared up, the infection in your kidneys might not have been completely gone, especially if you had your period around this time. That means that when you had sex again, you triggered what was left of the infection and this lead to more pain.
     Also another factor that could assist in your discharge is unwanted bacteria in your system down there. Make sure your guy is clean when you do it, especially if you’re not using a condom. And be sure that if and when he fingers you, his hands are as clean as possible, because this could lead to discharge like what you are experiencing. I know it sounds obvious, but your female parts are some of the most susceptible to infection in your whole body, it doesn’t take much.
     Bottom line, you are ok. Don’t freak out! If the problem continues then I would definitely just take one for your body and confront your parents about seeing a doctor. Realize the doctor cannot tell your parents anything that is said or discovered because of doctor-patient confidentiality. No matter how old you are and no matter if you are under their insurance or not, they cannot legally know what you ask to be kept private.
     I would back off to zero on any sex, at least for a couple of weeks. Allow your body to COMPLETELY heal and get rid of whatever is causing the upset. But like I said, if you do steer clear of the sex and your problem continus, then please make sure you see a doctor. If by slight chance something bigger is happening and you let it go for more than a few months, it could be really dangerous.
    I hope that helps a little :) good luck with everything and let me know how it goes if you dont mind. I had the exact same problem going on, that’s how I found your comment. This is everything i found out through my doctor and others, and it helped a ton, Hope it works for you!
i havent gotten my period for the last two months and now this morning i wake up and there is brown "discharge" i dont know if i could be pregnant or not i have been having sex with my boyfriend so we dont use protection, im not sure what to make out of any of this????
I have been having pain in my vagine for bout two weeks and have brown and a little bloody discharge. I dont know why this is happenin...
Thanks for all the info! I do have an appointment at the health center today so hopefully i'll get the answers I need to help calm me down the rest of the way. Knowing what you know has helped a little to calm me down.
When we have sex it's not rough at all adn I had stopped having the brown discharge and stopped bleeding just before the weekend and I hadn't had any cramps but (sorry to go into detail) we were in the shower and started doing it and I started bleeding again. My boyfriend has a PA piercing and I started thinking over the weekend that maybe it could also by something that is trigging this to happen but i'm still not too sure.
As I said i'm hoping to get more of the answers I need to help me decide whether or not to go to my actual doctor or if the health center can help out any. I'm due for a papsmere so maybe that will clear things up too.
I'll do my best to let you know how it turns out. And thanks once again =)
my period ended 5 days ago, and i had sex with my boyfriend 2 days after it had ended we used a condom but i noticed a lot of brown discharge, i was thinking it could be the last bit of my period as i know sometimes that can happen. but the day after we slept together again and i had a much smaller amount of brown discharge. I am a little worried and wondered if anyone could tell me what it is, i'm guessing its most likely the last part of my period as the sex was rather rapid and hard and i read else where that can cause bleeding. although around 2 weeks ago i did take the morning after pill but i did get my period a week later so im pretty sure it can be pregnancy. can anyone help? thanks x
im 13 and i have not had sex but instead of my period i have this blackish brown discharge and i dont want to tell my mom; i dont talk to her about that kinda stuff. help me please i dont know what to do and its scaring me
Today I seen dark brown discharge and the last time I had sex was on th 2nd of this month... I'm scared!
About three days ago when I used the bathroom and wiped I seen a little amount of reddish pink blood on the tissue. I wiped again and the same thing happend. As well as later on that night. The next day and since then it hasnt happend again. I had thought at the time I was just starting my period but it hasnt came yet. Ive never seen blood between periods before.
last month i started spotting and that was really all my period then this month i had spotting then a regular period then spotting the regular period then spotting then it ended but now its a brown and i already ended my period is that normal i only notice it when i wipe
Okay I am a bit confused I am not due for another 2 weeks for my period at least and I woke up yesterday with brownish discharge when i went pee, I took like 3 tests right after I had sex and it was negative, I am not on birth contol or anything , is this a sign of pregnancy, I been having some symptons that are similar and I had sex when I was ovulating, can someone give me some suggestions, was the test saying negative cus I was testing too early? thanks
Hi people I am 19 and  I had unprotected sex first time with my boyfriend 3 days ago. We are both new and know nothing about this at all. He just penetrate into me once. Meaning he just put his penis in and I was pain so he took out. He didn't ejaculate and didn't even push it in and out at all. But the next day onwards I had some brown discharge and my right side of my vaginal opening feels uncomfortable. Feels like it swell but I don't feel pain at all. I had sum minor muscle cramp around my pelvic part. Just wanna ask are these normal symptoms for first sex? And is it possibility for me to get pregnant is high?
Sorry for typing too much but is there anyone cud help me on this? =(
hey im 17yrs old my boyfriend and i have sex all the time always protected... & Like 2 days ago we had sex without a condom he for sure did not finish "in me" still to be safe i took the morning after pill... But now 2 days later i woke up and it like brown goo/ blood coming out does anyone have an idea what it could be ?  
Vaginal Discharge

* Decrease Font Size
    * Increase Font Size
    * Send to a Friend
    * Share
          o Digg This
          o del.icio.us
          o Newsvine
          o Facebook
          o Reddit
          o Furl It
          o !Y My Web
          o Google
    * Print

Vaginal discharge is normal and varies during your menstrual cycle. Before ovulation (the release of the egg), there is a lot of mucous produced, up to 30 times more than after ovulation. It is also more watery and elastic during that phase of your cycle. You may want to wear panty liners during that time.

The things to be worried about include if the discharge has a yellow or green color, is clumpy like cottage cheese, or has a bad odor. If worried, see a doctor.

* Different Types of Discharge
    * Is this normal?

Different Types of Discharge

The most common side-effects of the morning-after pill are headache, nausea, painful breasts and irregular vaginal bleeding.

One very important side-effect of the morning-after pill, or 'post-coital contraception', is pregnancy. This is more likely if you waited more than 24 hours after unprotected sex before seeking medical advice, or if sex took place more than once.

Until fairly recently, the standard advice was that the morning-after pill could be taken up to 72 hours after sex, but recent research has shown a significant chance of the pill failing to prevent a pregnancy occurring if taken at this time.

This is why doctors now advise that the morning-after pill should be given as soon as possible, preferably within 24 hours.

If the morning-after pill doesn't work and a woman becomes pregnant unexpectedly, there appears to be no problems to the unborn baby - although it is not possible to give an absolute guarantee of this.
Me and my Man have been trying to have a baby I been trying of and on for about 5 years and nothing I had my period around the 18th and 19th of march it lasted about 3 to 4 days and on march 30th I had sum light brown discharge and cramping it almost felt like i had my period and I was being a total clean freak but it went away the discharge only lasted 1 day and i been haveing to use the bathroom alot like number 2 and 1 i been a lil dizzy and nauseous slightly and i feel like im getting sick what could this mean am i pregnant? someone help me please
i woke up on the 1st of this month and i was spotting then i went to the bathroom later and the spotting turn brown,i had a little blood but mostly brown to dark brown and it lasted 1 in a half to 2 days so i don't know what's going on i don't know if it's my period or implantation bleding but this is the first time this happened and i don't have no cramps but alot of headaches and nasea off and on so can someone respone asap thanks.
So me and my boyfriend have sex during the weekend because we live a hour away from each other and after me and him have sex the next day i have a brown discharge :/ its extremly gross. it doesn't smell tho.  i hardley never have my period......should i take a pregnancy test? or is it just normal?.help.
Im on birthcontrol but I bleed every two weeks..and this has been happening since January, what does that mean? and I am not sure if it is just the occasional spotting, which I originally thought it was, but it literally happens every 2 weeks..even when Im on the white pill..that doesnt mean I am pregnant does it? what does this habitual bleeding mean? im scared
I had sex about a month ago and got my period on time. i just had sex about 1-2 weeks ago. about 1 week after having sex i started to get a brown discharge. i am supposed to get my period in a week. is this just old blood? or could i be pregnant? i dont know what to think please help
Hi, I'm on birth control and when i have sex we use protection most of the time.  I'm suppose to get my period in a week and I have had this brown, pinkish discharge for two days.  is it highly likely that i am pregnant?????
Iv not had sex in like 4 months,I hv been havin dark brown discharge for like 4 days.ystda, I noticed it hs clot of blood with it. I am worried.
Hey ya'll...I need help!  So, this month I am apparently not going to have a period or either it is going to come super late...Here's the deal, instead of having a period, I am having a brown, thick, somethimes stringy discharge. It's almost like a period without symptoms because I have to wear a pad.  BUT it's not a much as a period...in other words, it doesn't "fill" up the pad, sometimes more comes out when I wipe than it does with I'm just doing my activites, walking around, working, etc.  But I don't know what this could be, I am asking you guys because I have no clue what this could be and I'm scared.  It's been going on about 4 days now, and I'm almost positive I'm not pregnant, it's been a week since I have had any type of vaginal intercourse and even then my fiancee and I BOTH used protection, I used a contraceptive film and he used a condom.  But I HAVE been super stressed lately because I am in nursing school, I have been going about 14 hrs a day, so maybe this could have something to do with it? Please WB ASAP! :)

Thanks in Advance,
Ashley Williams
I have a question.... So last month I had sex with my bf and about 2 weeks after I had my period... I was ending my birthcontrol pill so I switched o a new one on a Tuesday... Now for the past week and 5 days I've been having a browndishcharge with spotting of blood.. Shld I b worried? My mom says it's because I didn't start n pill on Sunday after my period.. Wt shld I do?
Hi, I had my hysterectomy 5 to 6 years ago and never had sex for 8 years and had my first sex few days ago after 8 years, now my vaginal is sore and brownish/light redish discharged...is that normal??
I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time on the 16th of April.. and we had sex friday the 30th and sunday the 2nd.. (lastnight) and i have been getting this really bad brown discharge it started off light but now its really dark. and its starting to scare me... It kind of smells too... Please help?
hi so i had sex about three weeks ago...i used protection but somehow after we stopped there was sperm on the sheets, but the condom didnt break. i took the next choice pill just to be on the safe side and i got this dark brown discharge about a week later that sometimes was as thin and red as period blood....i had finished my period about a day before we had sex and ive had this discharge for about a week and a half. could i be pregnant? im 17 please help im freaking out
im having similar problems.. but with me at first dark brown spotting nd then it went to heavy dark brown flow last night.. nd then today about 1030 it just quit.. idk what this means nd ive had sex a little less than a month ago wit out a condom... i have been having slight cramps and pain in my lower back sumwhat nd ive been really lazy lately could this mean im pregnant?.. nd i cant go get it looked at by a doctor BC my rents dnt kno about it..
My period is about 4 days late, and i have been having dark brown discharge for 2 days. I usually have this before my period, but only for a few hours before it starts. im getting really worried... any ideas?
okay so about 3 weeks ago my ex boyfriend and i had sex before i moved; it has been a year since we had sex with one another, both of us got checked before having sex again; we're clean! sex was rather rough but not too rough! well a couple days later i "started my period" it was light and brown only lasted two days that was strange!now a week and a half later i have the same brown stuff but barely anything; just spots it goes away within an hour but in between this time ive been having lower back pains abdominal pains & after i eat sometimes i feel as if im going to vomit but nothing ever comes out! also just mentioning i barely began taking my pills 2 weeks before my ex and i had sex; i missed a pill soooo had to take two the day we had sex! idk its either im prego or just some side effects from missing my pill...what do you think?
I have a dark brown slimy discharge that is coming from my vagina some times it is light brown or clear I havnt started my period because I'm only 12 I have had ulcers and a urinary track infection but my mom took me to the gynicoliges for that and I told my mom this to but she thinks that either it's because I will start my period which hasn't happend yet or that my body is just cleaning itself out but I'm not sure so HELP!!!
I took postinor 2 after an unsual menstration and i am bleeding heavily. What could be wrong?
i've started having brown discharge, i havent had sex but my boyfriend fingered my two days ago and he was ruff about it but i dont know if thats the cause, i should be getting my period in about a week and im having a little bit of a cramping feeling.
I am 23 ,  My last period was longer than it supposed to and after it finished in few days I started having this really dark brown discharge with a little redish (Blood like) . Im really worried what could this be from?
Note: I am vrigin and not sexually active! I have read that it could be after pregnancy symptom which is impossible in my case.
or an infection. but how would i get an infection if im not havin any sex!?!!?
I am really really worried! Please help!
i had my period for 2 weeks and ever since then ive been having sex then my perios (periods) when away  one day later i had this brown discharge  with a lil blood what does it mean should ive be concern that i might be pregnat???
So I'vee Benn Havingg Sex With My Boyfriendd..But Im ABout A Week Latee On Myy Periodd And I Took A Pregnatcy Test And It Camee Out Negitivee(: But I Still Hadn't Got My Periodd Though. And I Just donatedd Blood And Later On In Thee Day I Bleed Really Dark Red, Likee Brown!!:o And I'm Wonderingg If That's Normal? Im Really Scared What Do I Dooo!!!!!!!!!!

-Super Scared
I have been 2 months late before and not pregnant but i usually get my period. This time I'm 2 1/2 months late and haven't been sexually active. However I have been getting brown discharge? I don't know If i should be worried. I been tested for STD's and test are negative. I did however smoke weed regularly but have stopped recently I don't know if that affected my menstrual cycle. Thank you in advance.
Hi I am having brown discharge 5-8 days before i get my mensturation and also my period only last for 1day for the past 6 months. I wanted to know what could be the reason for it. Is it normal, if so is it safe to become pregnant? I am 30 years old.
hi im 28 and wanted to no if havin a period 2 weeks ago and am having a period but the blood is almost black is that the norm please message me message to the name peanut xx
I haven't had my period in 10 weeks and I thought maybe its just from stress! I woke up this morning and I have light brown discharge everytime I wipe I find this odd because when I get my period its always very heavy I went 2 months before without getting a period from stress and when my period came it came with a vengeance! What could this be from oh and I don't have cramping which I always get atleast a day or 2 before my period even starts and then for the first 2 days after it does start! Could I be pregnant or could it just be from stress?
I have been discharging a dark brown for the past few days, i have no cramping or pain. My period is extremely irregeular so i never know when im going to get it, BUT i know! that this isnt my period for a fact, i know what period are like and this isnt it. my last period was about ehh ... between may 7th n may 22nd, im sorry i have a terrible memory, but i know it was within those few weeks, I did see a post with a woman with the same problem, i had sex for the first time in months about 4 weeks ago, it only happened twice, we didnt use protection, he pulled out, but i tried to get pregnant in the past with my ex boyfriend, 2 of them, but due to a bout with the clap and not knowing i had it for so long, im afraid i cant have children becuz i never got preggers when trying, i also have a history with drugs but have been sober a year, i smoke, i dont really ever drink (just so u kno a bit about me and my problem, i dont want to post a question with not enough info on me and my problems) but about two weeks after we had sex i got a yeast infection about a week after having my period, and now i got rid of the infection about a week n 1/2 ago almost and now i have this problem with the darkbrown discharge i have no health insurance and am begininng to get really scared, if some has any insight as to what this problem is please help me, thank you :(
hey guys!! i'm fifteen years old and I've been having the same problems. this has been happening all of the time lately, and i'm getting tired of looking at stained underwear from this. I have no pain, only on the outside area, and because of my age, i have very irregular periods.  i feel like it's from wiping too hard, im a virgin, so i don't think it has anything to do with that.
Viewing 1-200 comments: