Darker skin in pubic, genital, rectum areas and between legs.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

The area between the vagina and the anus, the pubic area and the upper part of my inner thighs are significantly darker than the rest of my skin (is very embarrassing).  I am a white Latin woman and I do not use oral contraceptives.  I shave the vaginal and rectum area about 2 to 3 times a months.  Could the shaving be the cause of the darkening?  If so which is the best alternative to shaving?  I do not seem to have any kind of irritation.  I started to use hydroquinone 2% about a month ago, but I don
I don't know about the bump, but I'm pretty sure it's normal for your skin to be darker in the areas you describe.  I don't know what you can do about it.  Personally, I would just leave it alone.  If it's causing you embarrassment for some reason then see a dermatologist and see what they advise.
I'm also pretty sure it's normal up to certain point for the skin to be some how darker in certain areas.  But the difference in me goes from very fair to very dark brown and it was not always like that.  

The dermatologist will be the last option since I am not really eager to show my very, very private parts to a dermatologist, unless is absolutely no choice.
How about your gynecologist?  You should be getting a PAP regularly, and your GYN would certainly be the one with the answer.  As for the cream, that is kind of strong to be using in such a delicate area and it really won't do much good for lightening the skin in that area since it works on the epidermis layer of skin not the dermis.  What you are describing is normal coloring as most women have dark skin in the pubic/genital area. The bump could be an ingrown hair or cyst.  Again, check with your GYN doctor to be safe.
I agree with the others, what you describe sounds normal :-)
I saw a program on TV (I think the Style network) in which women were paying to get their skin bleached.
Have you noticed this at all under your arms or back of your neck? This happened to my daughter and I called her dermatologist. They told me to take her to an endocrinologist. I did. It is due to metobolic disorders. I'm having a brain freeze  or I would tell you the name of what she has.
Im 26 and am suffering from the same problem. I find it so embarssing going to the gym and swimming.  This is one thing that really puts me down aswell as my weight.  Ive been to like skin clinics and gthey charge like upto 3k fr the treatment but yet its not a gaurantee to get rid off it as its a laser treatment. The cons are that i could get burns and the skin colour could go darker or i may have pale marks on my legs after the treatment. Therefore i never went for the treatment.  I am loking for a treatment which is more effective and does not have any side effects.  I saw the forums posted and was woundering if someone could guide me the right way.
i have the same problem and iam only 16i have it dark in between the legs....and under my arms and in back of my neck ...i started to wonder if mabey i had some sort of vaginal infection or std .[[although iam a virgen]]=[[becouse of that ]].when i discoverd a pimple round and not able to be poped ...iam so embaraced....becouse i cant realii wear bathing suites or modellor enything i cant raise my hand..itz realii the onlii thinng avoiding me to be happy iam constiley pushing my shirt down always wearing my big jacket if i were much smaller and dint have that i would be happy ..i think getting rid of that would be great ..can eny one here help me...? my page is myspace.com/sexydominicanNcuban.......thatz my page leave me a message if enything ....
i am 26 years old and overweight, i have been diagnosed with pcos and have read that this can cause darkening between the legs and under the arms, i am suffering from the same thing and it is embarassing, i dont know a cure for it, sorry i cant help!! good luck!!!
i am 34 yrs old and i have always had fat thighs and a big bubble but. over the years from childhood, my inner thighs and under arms got darker due to chaeffing/skin irritation. the last time i wore a bikini was when i was in high school & weighed about 175... and even then... i was conscious about anyone seeing my inner thighs. now that i think about it... it wasn't that bad as it is now. now... i am 270 pounds and my goal is to get down to 150 pounds by next year. my question is... w/ out using any creams or lotions... will the discoloration of my inner thighs as well as my underarms change once i lose all the weight, or will it stay the same?
What you're describing is called Athancosis nigricans. If you are overweight you'll notice it gets darker and darker. There can also be skin tags in these areas. If you change your diet it can get better, also invest in a ROUGH loofa, it helps to get rid of the skin cells making your skin darker. I do have this and it hurts to scrub but it helps after. I noticed as I gained more weight it got darker. It's prevalent in Hispanics (as my two brothers and I are and have athancosis). Go to your doctor and tell him/her this is what you think you have and ask what treatments he/she suggests. If you let the weight get too out of control it gets worse and the better chance you have of getting the skin tags. My only suggestion is to get the weight down... I started eating 3 meals a day (small breakfast, lean cuisine or smart ones for lunch and dinner, also a fruit cup or sugar free popsicle for dessert. They also have Ice cream from dryers that only has 3 grams of sugar a serving and fat free)... it worked and I'm down in weight, I started to notice the skin lightening when I lost weight.
i have the same problem but the only thing is i am young and i am not overweight. I am an african amerrican girl 5'7 130lbs. My inner thighs are really bad....so bad that when i go to the beach i have to wear cover ups. This sucks cuz i live in Miami. Its even more embarassing when i want to get intimate with a guy....pls help! Does bleaching cream work?
It depends on the kind, for you being african american, there's a brand called "Ambi", it comes in a tan metal tube. My mother uses it for the dark spots on her face, it's marketed for african americans. She swears by it. It lightens without going too bright for the skin tone (you won't get bleached out spots) Give it a try, gotta try a few things before you hit the right cure. Just remember though, as long as you learn to be comfortable in your skin, everything will be fine. No one is perfect and I'll bet a LOT of other people have this problem.

Hope I helped,

Tiffany
I'm also suffering from darkness between the thighs. I'm 25 over weight approx. 5'6 n 200lbs. I also get little boyles in between the thighs. so not only is it dark, but scarred w/ dark spots from the boyles. Tell me I'm not alone please.
I have the same problem, I am asian but not overweight or anything. I have a dark skin on my inner thigh and the genital area. I dont know how I got that and just noticed and paid attention to it when I I was 16. Up until now still the same. I dont know if creams will work because I notice that now it looks like a birthmark already (deep into the skin). Bleaching seems harsh coz that area is super sensitive and might cause the skin to be more darker. it is very comforting to know that I am not alone with this issue.
well i have the same poblem between my legs and i started using lemon juice the stuff in the yellow and green bottle it only costs like $1.89 or so and i used it and a shade or two disappeared im still working on it though to see if it will fully work but if your gonna use it  then use the lemon juice like three times a week  and you will see improvement on the first day trust me rub at it but dont rub too hard or you will rub your skin off but get a hot rag and squeeze a little of it and scrub but not too hard just hard enough to see improvement and that bump situation i get those sometimes i really dont touch them because they usually go down it will make them go away faster if you use some baby rash cream thats what i use sometimes...hoped that this helped
Darkening under the arms and between the legs is usually caused by humidity, by sweat and friction from skin being rubbed against skin. I believe the simplest way to avoid/reduce this is to pay extra attention to those parts when soaping up, use a nice rich body lotion, and an effective deodorant (preferably in the form of gel or lotion, spray ons are not very effective) and that will prevent sweating. Bathe regularly. Good luck and hope this helps!
I have dark marks on my inner thighs to and they are embarrassing. im light skinned and my inner thighs are dark i think its digusting. Im scared of having sex with someone with lights on becuase they might think its nasty. what can i do about them!?
IDK about the bump.

I'm a light skinned African American female. The pigment between my buttcheeks is black though my skin color is close to Mariah Carey's. I also have darker skin under my armpits and a little between my thighs (from rubbing I guess). The best thing for the thighs is baby powder. I say you're normal ;-D
I have the exact same problem. The skin hyperpigments when it gets irritated. There's not much I could do about the spot between the thighs/vagina, etc. but I do alot for my armpits. I moisturize (armpits dry out really easily), use tend skin on ingrown hairs (i used to pick them out with tweezers it got quite nasty), and then use a product from DERMADOCTOR, Total NonScents Ultra-Gentle Brightening Anti-Perspirant, it gradually removes the darkness over time. It's $30, http://www.dermadoctor.com/product.asp?productid=825&WID=%7B8DC7ED7D%2D1FEE%2D4D9F%2DAC9E%2D83AB0CBA3C1D%7D

I think it's probably just normal. Oh, also, you can wax the armpits to help too, instead of shaving.
Don't worry about it. Trust me, guys don't notice little things, or if they do they don't care. I have really really white stretch marks all over my thighs, and I have really skinny legs too so I always thought they ruined my legs. I used to play volleyball and I was self conscious but I realized all girls have imperfections. Guys really won't care as long as you're confident.
well yea i kno dat i dont really have much of that anymore but oh well there are alot of people who have this problem... & yea sumtimez this makez me feel bad... but i guezz it aint a big deal... :) thankz fo da advice... & u all women who have dark in their inner thighz dont worry... cuz if your overweight thats wut caused that becuase of the friction between your legs when you walk your thighs rub together & datz wut caused the black markz... maybe losing weight will help but the black marks wont really go away much cause thats the color of your skin already... but yea.. ive tried stuff too but they dont really work... so i cant really help much.. :)
yeah, I don't want to get intimate with anyone either! b.c to me it looks disgusting so how would they think? my vaginal area is black and the skin outside of it is a lighter brown color, but now i hear i can't lighten that area b.c. it's not part of the epidermis – pretty messed up
wowwww omg i have the SAMEEEE issue, i am a white girl, I have dark skin between my thighs (anal/vaginal area) i am 17, and a virgin, scared to get intimitate my bf afraid he will say something or make a face... ewww. but guess what? he saw and said 'damn baby, i love that darker skin right there' (pointing at it) I was soooooo embarrassed and I started blushing. he thought it was adorable. something i am still sad I have, has made me realize something. If a guy really likes you he won't care about **** like that. he wont care if you have cottage cheese thighs or butt cheeks. he will love you for you. and i hope every single one of you ladies finds that man. best of luck my friend.

:)
Acanthosis nigricans, (which often causes dark skin under the arms, in the groin, or on the neck), can also be a sign of insulin resistance,so  you may want to consult your doctor/dermatologist to test you to see if you are pre-diabetic.
I have the same problem, I am indian girl. I'm 17, I have the darker discolouration on my neck, arm pits and inner thighs. Also chaffing has affected them too. I have also found like black spots what seem to look like black heads (really bad ones thou). I find it soo embarssing! I can't do anything with a lad because of it. I am over weight too, would that have anything to do with it. also there is dieabeties in my family. I can't even wear a bikini anymore. any suggestions?

Thanks   F.
i have this problem as well and i identify with all you ladies that expressed concerns. I am 19 overweight and have the same darkening on my inner thighs and genital area and i think its pretty disgusting too. I'm not sure if it really goes away but cleansing your skin with a loofah sponge and making sure to dry the area well and moisturize helps alot mine now looks alot better and feels wayyy smoother. Im still embarassed for guys to see it but my last bf didn't mind. And genital acne is common as well and its pretty troublesome as it doesn't really go away but doing the same things i outlined above have helped to reduce the appearance of these bumps as well....hope i helped some good luck!
I have the exact same problem of the darkening of the genital area.  I use a rough loofah when i shower and a shower gel that has salicylic acid so that I dont get any acne bumps and thats super effective.  as far as the dark spot, i've been battling with that forever now and have started using a regular bleaching cream that has hydroquonine 2%.  Its getting a tiny bit lighter so i'm a little more confident but you have to make sure to put on some sort of cream or spray so that you dont chafe because that keeps the spot dark.. i figure get into a routine and give it some time, rome wasnt built in a day....
When I first met my wife every inch of her body was evenly toned...and I found that extremely sexy.  As she has gained weight her skin tone between her thighs and under and between her butt cheeks became darker.  Not to the point where i am totally turned off but its definitely noticeable and not as attractive.  So as a guy i would like to say that some guys do care about the dark inner thighs and darker between butt cheek areas...and obviously some dont.  But I have had conversations about that with other guys and we dont find it very appealing depending on how bad it is.  Just like anything else we find physically attractive about a woman...its just a visual thing...men respond to visual stimulation and an evenly toned body is definitely more attractive.  
Yup, ive got that too and im only 17. I been doing research and I'm starting to think its pretty normal but i still want to get rid of it. So far I read about this bleaching creams and going to a salon to get it bleached. The cream is called, Concha Nacar, from what i've seen online they sell it everywhere, like target and stuff. Or you can a prescription for Kerol that a bleaching cream too.

I'm thinking of buying the cream until i go to the next time i go to the doctor.
I have this too, the darker bikini line. I am very very fair skinned and was looking for a natural way to lighten it, so far it seems like cucumbers and lemons are naturally bleaching so I'll try that. Lemon juice applied topically faded my acne scars before.

The thing is, this is completely normal. The hyperpigmentation can be caused in these area because of sex hormones. This is why it may have become more noticable for some people during puberty. The same hormones are responsible for giving pubic and underarm hair their extra pigment, it's also why they are curly even if your other hair is not.

Honestly, I don't think you should resort to bleach or whatever those creams are, the active ingredient causes cancer. It's not worth it, guys don't care/notice anyway. If they are naked with you and are busy staring at some slightly darker skin, they have bigger problems! Find a guy who isn't a waste of time, at least that's free.  
I do agree with you...all active ingredients cause cancer. I totally believe that lemon juice and cucumber would help alot, my aunt keeps on telling me the same thing. I also, have the same problem and it is embarrassing, I never been over weight, but did use contraceptive pills for about 6 yrs. It is interesting that you mentioned that it could be an unbalaced on the sex hormones, if that is the case I advice you ladies to get yourselves a bottle of Evening Primerose Oil capsules, that not only helps you with hormonal unbalances but with your mood and monthly cramps...My nutriologist advice me to take primerose oil capsules because I was always moody and used to get very sick every menstrual period, ever since I started to take EP I dont get sick anymore.

As for me I should say the following I know that the dark spots on my genital/inner thights are embarrassing, I don't let that bother me, if I want to go to the beach I wear my bathing suit I got one that has a little skirt attached and it makes me look sexy and I'm not concern about my dark spots as for my man he loves the way I am and he loves my body no matter what!!!

Ladies be confident, and don't worry about little things that have a solution, and don't forget that you are beautiful no matter what!
Look, its very simple to get great skin there. I am a boy and I got it all even skin there with moderate darkness, much reduced from what it was when I started working on it.

Just treat your bums like you treat your face. Apply face pack [ call it bums pack now] on these regions everyday, almond face pack is good. Do the exfolliation everytday and apply fresh and original aloe very leaf gel around those regions. Be patient for at least two months.

Try this you have nothing to lose.
And dont be content with the ******** that God made you like this and drink 8 glasses of water and that your BF or your husband should accept you as you are and all these ******** things.
http://www.derm101.com/public/freesamples/atlas001.html
the sooner you start loving yourself the sooner someone else can start loving you xx
If you have dark skin in underarms, between thighs, back of your neck and bikini areas due to external reasons like not been taking care of or did not wash these areas properly or anything else, then you can use natural bleaching agents. Its cheap, no side effects and doesn't hurt to give it a try. I have the same problem underarms and back of my neck due to excessive body sprays and using these bleaching agents seems to be helping. POTATO and LEMONS are great bleaching agents. Rub potato or lemon for about 15 minutes on the dark skin areas and then wash them or take bath. After bath, clean the area thoroughly with a cotton cloth.
DOs: Potato bleach, Lemon Bleach, Cotton undergarments, Excercise to lose weight, etc.
DONTs: Shaving with razor blades, body sprays, deodorant sticks, silk/polyester undergarmments, etc.
Oh man I feel ya'll. Like right now I'm suffering with dry darker skin between my legs. Well not both of my thighs, but the left side suddenly became dry and dark. I tend to scratch a lot too. I can't help it.

I know some people already discuss this and asked what can do about it, but is there a an easy remedy that would just make it go away? Thanks!.
Oops! I didn't meant to say this to myself. :P
By saying "To Cindy".
I am having the same problem..pls some help to give the solution plsssssssssssss....its stopping from having a bf and having sex..feel really embareessed..can a laser treatment cure this?There are dakr spots in betwwen my inner tights....oh gosh plsss help......

Even if 50 percent of it reduce..i will be so happy

PLs someone suggest this
FOR THOSE OVERWEIGHT LOOS THE WEIGHT IT REALLY HELPS I WAS SUFFERING THIS FROM TO I LOST 50 POUNDS GOT DOWN FROM 200 TO 150 AND MY LEGS DO NOT RUB AGAINST EACH OTHER WHICH MAY CAUSE IRRITATION AND IF YOU ARE OVERWIGHT DO NOT USE BLEACH CREAMS THAT WAS NE OF THE WORST THINGS I HAVE EVER DONE (WHILE I WAS OVER WIGHT) BECAUSE THE RUBBING OF THE INNER THIGHS WILL CAUSE IRRITATION CAUSING RASHES THEN IT WILL PEEL THE SKIN NOT AGOOD THING BECAUSE IT WILL BE MORE VULNARABLE TO DIRT AND WILL MAKE IT DARKER IT WILL ALSO DRY UP THE SKIN BECAUSE IT IS MORE SENSITIVE MANY THERE ARE SOME TREATMENTS LIKE EXFOLIATING BUT FOR ME IT WAS ONLY TEMPORARY.WHAT I DID IS I LOST THE WEIGHT AND WHEN I DID THEN I STATED TO USE A A CREAM CALLED DERMADOCTOR WHICH IS ALSO AN EXFOLIATOR AS WELL BUT I USED IT AFTER I LOST THE WEIGHT NOT SURE IF IT WILL WORK WITH OVERWIGHT PEOPLE. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVISE LOSE THE WEIGHT THERE ARE MANY ADVANTAGES ONE YOU WILL FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF AND IT HELS GET RID OF THIS PROBLEM AND AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO BE SHY ABOUT SHOWING OFF YOUR LEGS GOOD LUCK AND I KNOW IT SOUNDS HARD TO LOSE WEIGHT BUT JUST KEEP YOUR GOAL IN YOUR MIND AND WHAT YOU WILL LOOK LIKE AFTER YOU ACCMPLISHED IT ANYWAYS GOOD LUCK
I am over weight and im sure this is was causing it .. but it also itches and looks like a rash even runs between my buttux area down to the back of thighs ....
hi im 14 years old nd i hava a discoloriationin between my thighs nd near the vaginal area
i am a virgin nd never had a yeast in fection
im really scared bout it cuz i take 1-2 showers a day nd i dnt know wat is goin onalso on da labia nd inner labia
yes, some people may have slight discoloration due to weight, or chafing...and some variation is certainly normal in the vaginal area, BUT these can also be symptoms of major metabolic disorders or hormonal imbalances. such as polycystic ovary syndrome, Thyroid or Insulin disorders which can lead to SERIOUS health complications, like Adrenal/Kidney Disease, Heart Disease and Diabetes or put you at a higher risk for certain types of Cancer. Some of these complications can be reduced by weight loss...but if you know you have a problem with your metabolism, go to the doctor, you may need more than one to get a proper diagnosis. I am 29 and have tested in the "normal range" on routine tests...but have exibited symptoms related to blood sugar, and underactive thyroid/metabolism since childhood. My GYN had concerns about the discoloration on my thighs and neck [i am very pale everywhere else] in my early 20's but there was no clear diagnosis. Aside from the occasional standard blood tests, which revealed little, I ignored these symptoms and tried to manage my weight "the old fashioned way" because I could function and get by...until one day I couldn't. Now i feel like i'm trying to unravel a web. If you have slight discoloration or have just put on a few extra pounds...then disregard this post. However, if you are a woman and have hormonal and metabolic symptoms as well please get these checked out, don't put it off.
im 17 african american, not overweight, just a pear-shaped girl and not sexually active at all and have the same problem (dark around the neck, under the arms and in my inner thighs and vaginal area). its not a good look, i need some help, i really wish it could go away cause i dont wanna be a big turn off to my partner when the time comes. i need help any advice?
It's not just the ladies. I'm a 25 yr old male and I've got it between my legs. It hurts my confidence as well, but just think, if he loves you, he's not going to care. We are more visual, but a great personality makes a woman 10x more beautiful. Who cares what the world thinks, when your husband will dance with you ;)
I am 23 and have the same problem but just the inner thigh's its so embarrassing and now what has made it worse is i am pregnant and although it sounds stupid all i can think about is when i go into labour and people looking at my inner thighs and i should be enjoying my first pregnancy its not a nice feeling!
Dark Skin Patches And Skin Lightening Tips
Dark skin present near the groin or on the inner thighs is a normal phenomenon. Due to constant skin friction that takes place from the thighs rubbing against each other while walking or running, the skin tends to get darker. Another factor contributing to the dark skin is obesity and people who are over weight tend to experience this condition. The dark skin patch caused by friction or chafing can be a source of embarrassment especially during social situation such as swimming. One way to prevent constant rubbing of the thighs is to avoid wearing tight clothes and attempt at losing excess weight especially if you are over weight.

Dark Skin Inner Thigh
In some women, there maybe many causes of dark skin patches on the inner thighs. One of the causes that can be attributed to this condition is due to the regular use of birth control pills that is believed to be a plausible factor in the formation of skin pigmentations in other areas. Another reason for dark skin conditions maybe the presence of a skin disorder, known as acanthosis nigricans, which is a skin disease characterized by dark wart like patches in the body folds; may be benign or malignant. This skin condition causes dark patchy marks in areas where folds of skin are present especially in the neck, the armpits, below the breasts, including the inner thighs. You may need to consult a dermatologist if you suspect this skin condition, more importantly if you suffer from diabetes. Women who suffer from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome or Disease (PCOS, PCOD) are also likely to be affected by pigmented skin patches.

Dark Skin Treatment
You must consult your doctor if you experience symptoms other than the appearance of pigmented skin, as that may help in diagnosing and treating any underlying condition. However, if the darkening of the skin is a normal phenomenon homemade remedies or simple do-it-yourself methods can help in lightening the skin. Blend fresh lemon juice with either bath oil, olive oil or almond oil. Since lemon can be very acidic, it can chafe the skin and hence is best to use a small quantity as an application.

Mix the juice and oil together and apply it on the inner thighs. The application can be washed off after an hour.

Although there is no particular kind of food or diet that can cause the lightening of the skin, having a balanced diet is beneficial for the development of healthy skin. Try avoiding heavy, spicy or greasy meals and instead incorporate legumes, fresh produce such as vegetables and fruits and whole cereals to your daily diet. Consuming a good quantity of water throughout the day is also helpful in hydrating the skin and preventing blemishes.
i have the same issue too and i just started going to the gym like 3 weeks ago i already found a difference i did not lose a pound yet but my skin is more even and my face has a surprising glow everyone is asking me about...
i just hope i can keep it up with the gym.
i guess its the blood circulation.
i have the same problem,and im 18years of age and im from philippines,..all i want to say or my advice is to try to use CALAMANSI or PETROLIUM Jelly,,the calamansi or we call here is lemoncito,and i dont know if you have calamansi in your country,that color of that is green,its round some are small and are big,so im still using it and i see my dark skin between legs are getting better..so you dont have to buy or some lotion to get your dark skin between your two legs to get it the same as your skin,because i know its doesn't work and your just wasting your money,so why don't you try using CALAMANSI OR PETROLIUM JELLY,but for calamnsi is more effective,so just rub it slowly in the dark skin,5 to 10 mins before u take a bath..use it everyday...until the the dark skin part will be the same in your other skin part,so hope it will help you....have nice day to all of you and god bless always....
i forgot something,really the calamansi is very very cheap, so you should try....
i got this problem. since puberty about 12 years old i noticed light spots on my right inner thigh. After some time, it became darker, and it also has hair and it is now longer. I am now 23 years old and it is spreading down to the back of my knee... help pls...
yup yup same problem...im overweight too...though i started exercizing this year will be 3 years that i have been exercizing..useto weight...240lbs nd now i weigh 185 :)..and yes i have dark spots between my thighs,my vagina and back side if you know what i mean are dark...my armpets and neck aswell but not as much as before...my thighs and stuff look less than before but still there and i want to get rid of it! because when i get sexually active with my bf i get soooooo emberrassed but he never sais anything...so idk if it grosses him out or not...i dont think so cuz he is very nice & lovenly...tho im still emberassed plz help!....oh btw loosin weight does help! so cmon nd do it!...maybe i jsut need to loose more nd ill be ok.
LOL! All these chemicals and lotions will not help. This is to remind you that you have AFRICAN blood in you. All light skins/latino people go through this. You have different shade bodies. For example, take someone like Michael Jordan, one color all the way down. Then take a Derek Jeter, light skin but dark private areas and butt cheek area. This is the announcement of your mixed heritage. You have African in your DNA and it has NOTHING to do with fat legs or chaffing. Good gosh love the skin your in.
well i have the same thing in my inner thighs..im 19 and have had this since i was 12..now im just trying to get used to my skin.. i know how you all feel.. its very hard especially when having a boyfriend and not knowing what excuse to give him to not have sex... i sometimes feel disgusted bout my legs and wish i could just have them nice and clean like all of you guys... but like we all know no ones perfect...i lost 15 pounds in 4 months and my legs have gotten a little bit lighter... im now trying to loose more weight hoping it will get even better.. i feel so much better knowing im not the only one dealing with this... good luck to all you girls..!
I'm a 23 year old man who has had this problem from an early age. I'm not overweigh I'm just a big man. I have been going to the gym to tone my body and have notice a change in my skin, I also have started using MEDliten it's the safeiest product out there. and have notice a big change around those areas, try to avoid deornt. that have strong fragrance. and drink lots of water and soon you guys(ladies) will see a change and feel alot better about getting jiggy with it. take care.
I think it's acanthosis nigricans, I don't know if someone else pointed this out, but just thought I would so people can look it up.
I seen a dermatology today for the same problem there is a lotion
That will make that problem go away but you will have to pay $200
I don't buy it because I didn't have the money
I have to go back dermatology and 2 day's so I can get the name of the lotion
im 15 im a virgin im white and i have brownish spots on the inside lower part of my vagina idk what to do idk what it it and i cant tel anybody... help me!!!
im 17  a mother of an angel but when i got pregnant i started to get darker tones between my thighs and a lil on the "cookie"(lol) area i figured its from my weight gain due to my pregnancy i was new to it cuz i always had good skin tone and i was very thin before so i now im the same way its embarrising but to be honest the only reason i dont really get to serious about making it go away is cause my sons father never really got bothered about it he still wants me sexually even though were not together and  i know hes noticed it cuz i mean come on he saw me give birth lol but now im dating someone else and hes seen it too and tells me it doesnt bother him at all and just to add he doesnt seem bothered by the stretch marks either so it makes me feel better but just for my own comfort i do wanna get rid of this so if there is any suggestions plz let all of us know!!!!!!!oh yea and i agree wit the others if you dont have positive input in this plz just dont share its bad enough were posting personal dislikes about ourselves worldwide!!!!!!
by the way just cuz this is what we look like on the outside dont make us ugly on the inside were all differnt and thats what  makes us be us so just be happy with urself so others can be happy with you too!
A lot of it has to do with your ethnic backgorund and age.  Many people of color (Asian, African Americans, Hispanics, etc...) have darkened areas.  You maybe a lighter complexion, but it's still in your genes, darker butts, inner thighs, and vaginal area.  See a dermo, if that's what it comes down to but there's no promise it won't return.
omg i have the same problem buh mines is worse i mess and pop the pimple like bumps buh im only 15 and its really hard for me to even think about gettin close with a guy now that imma be 16 in may its gettin harder at this point its getting so bad i dont every think i wanna get close to a guy..... can somebody help is there some thing i can do about this????
I am Hispanic with fair skin and I also have a light brown discoloration between my legs and only in that area, nothing in my under arms neck or other body parts. i have always had it since I was young and it never went away. it has not darkened, it has stayed the same color. i do not have diabetes and I have been checked several times for it and I am fine. I am a little overweight, but then again there are ladies that I have seen at the beach who are very obese with fair skin and yet they do not have inner thigh darkening. I guess it is normal for some people. We should keep in mind that nobody is perfect, even  celebrities and models have their skin airbrushed to cover up any imperfections
All that u all say sound normal. My guest it is due to humidity. Wipe your butt after washing it. Done leave it wet. Men seldom hv this problem, i think you can figure it out why. In this part I think the "african" and "indian" are lucky to hv a dark skin...
I'm having the same problem. Yet I face it. From intimate relation to giving birth. Imagine while giving birth u hv to show those part to all. Not to mention b4 giving birth u hv a monthly checkup. But the worst if u hv trouble during giving the birth, which the doctor will really hv to pay attention by checking your "part" again and again!!
I'm sorry if my story may cause u trauma but what i'm trying to tell is, things happened. Nothing much to be done and move on. But don't gv up, maybe someday people will invent an effective cream.
As for me..what i do is, just continue my life cover up my body and try my best to monitor my children skin (at that part of course). Apply lots of talcum powder so the place stay dry.

U all should be thankful...if u hv a goodlooking butt u might be a pornstar right now. Do you want that?? (^ u ^)
Here something to share...

What causes dark inner thighs?
Dark spot on the groin area is due to friction or chafing. Individuals bothered by this dilemma suffer from embarrassment in their swim wear or during that intimate moment with their partner.

Tight clothing and constant rubbing against surrounding skin on inner thighs mainly contribute to the problem, the latter worsens if you’re overweight.

Birth control pills may also cause darkening of inner thighs and other pigmentations.

Be aware that a skin disorder, Acanthosis Nigricans, manifests light-to-brown-to-black markings in our skin folds of the neck, armpits, under the breasts, including the inner thighs. Consult a doctor if you suspect this, especially if you’re diabetic.

Inner thigh bleaching products and solutions

Please be reminded that a skin lightening treatment should be used externally, ok?

Prefer homemade remedies? Here are simple do-it-yourself methods.

Mix lemon and bath oil. Remember lemon can be very acidic so use just a little. Oil is needed due to lemon’s drying effects. Rub on inner thighs with your hands for 2 minutes. Leave on skin for 30 minutes before taking a bath. or
Make a paste of besan, curd, lime juice and turmeric powder and apply on dark inner thighs and leave to dry. Then wash off.
I'm a 41-year-old man (it's not just a woman thing) and I have had dark-skinned thighs since I was 13. And I am NOT overweight. It's quite embarrassing and I hope someone can suggest the name of a cream of solution to get rid of it. Thanks.
Hi, I to had the same problem. I am not overweight. I will tell you what I did and see if it helps. Get some Bi-carb and mix it with lemon juice into a paste. Apply it to the skin let dry and then use an exfoliating brush in the shower. And then I use a cream called "Fade Away". you can buy it on line. Hope it helps you. Also try (I do) gray clay which you mix with lemon juice into a paste and let it dry on your skin for 20 minutes. Hope it helps. Kiki
Most of you should get tested to see if you are Insulin resistance, women look up PCOS.  This in most cases will be the (why do I have this) and also being overweight will make brown to dark discoloration in the inner thighs, neck also armpits, I am a 40 year old man and this started as I got fatter yes fatter I was fit until around mid 30s, I went to my Doc and I was close to 270lb.  I am Mexican and dark also had dark discolorations just not as dark until I gained, I am diabetic just as the doc told me, if I lose the fat I will be ok, I have dropped down to 240 and working on it but the dark discoloration is darker do to my skin not being as stretched out to, cream do not help,,, sorry to tell you, don’t be afraid to love and be loved trust me if he/she loves you who cares what color you are.
I'm 39 and have been overweight for most of my adult life.  I have recently lost 70 pounds.  I am now 123 (5'6") and really thin.  I have always had very dark even black areas specificially on my inner thighs, between my butt cheeks and in my genital area.  I hated it because guys I would date always remarked about it.  The good news is that without using any products my skin tone is now even.  The solution.....WEIGHT LOSS!  I know that everyone wants a quick fix but realize that when you use these so called remedies, the color may lighten temporarily but it will always come back because the coloring is due to constant skin rubbing and friction.  When I lost the weight my thighs didn't rub together anymore and my skin returned to normal even after all these years.  It's not an easy fix but a permanent one.  Good luck!
I'm a 22 year old white girl. Not overweight at all. No hispanic background whatsoever, though I guess we all derive from african descent in some way lol. I don't really have a dark area between my thighs or anything like that, but my anal region? (lolz) is dark and I shave regularly and wash daily. I don't miss a spot I'm super hygenic but the dark skin around that specific area wont go away no matter how often i clean it and it's embarrassing because I told my best friend about it and she was like: O.o mine's white like the rest of me...... sooooo I feel awkward with it. I'm somewhat sexually active I've never had a guy complain but it's less for them and more for me. I just don't want it there. If there is a way to somehow bleach it? seems extreme...or make it so it's less dark, please let me know....asap! lmao ^-^
Hi Everyone,

Thankful that i found this thread. Well i am a 26 year old woman, asian, i am not overweight. I just had myself tested for a pre-diabetec stuff and it came out normal. i am suffering from a dark underarm and dark inner thighs. i am suspecting thats its a skin disorder called acanthosis nigricans. I am very embarassed about this thing. I am getting married next year and i hope someone here can suggest on what to do on this dark thinggyyy on my armpits and thighs. its embarassing. Need help so bad. I haven't seen a dermatologist yet.
For ppl with olive skin, or light brown, or medium brown, or dark brown Glutathione is not only one of the most powerful anti-aging antioxidant but also in high doses (1000 mg) its side effect will lighten, brighten, and give your skin a healthy glow and radiance and will also help reduce skin discolorations and hyperpigmentations. You can buy a month supply of glutathione at most farmacies for less than $20.

This is the best deal I've ever seen online:
http://www.amazon.com/Ivory-Caps-Glutathione-Whitening-SHIPPING/dp/B002VZWF8W/ref=pd_sim_hpc_5

- 1500 mg of glutathine - 60 Capsules (2 Month Supply) $29.99

Also Skin whitening melanin inhebiting proven ingredients will help.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skin_whitening.

For lightening any type of skin this is what you gotta do:

Use Hydroquinone 4% for not more than 3-4 Months Max. $49
http://www.pharmacymix.com/product.aspx?productid=4156&deptid=771&.

And Lastly bath with Kojic Acid Soap which is also a proven powerful melaning inhibitor.

This is a really good deal. 6 Papaya Kojic Acid Soaps for $37
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LGZ3YK/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A38FPQLR73FXNI

If you do this for at least 3-6 months you WILL achieve skin lightening results.

I forgot to mention that if you're going to take glutathione, you should aso take high doses of Vitamin C to help glutathione be absorbed better, and Vitamin C is also used for skin lightening.

Cheers.
i have the same thing i have kind of a darkening under the under arms and always scrub under my arm pits to get rib of the darkness but i can still see it and wen i wear sleveless shirts i get emmbarressed raising my hand at school im in 10th grde and i also have a darkening in the inner thighs where the vigina (vagina) is and its embarassing cuz wen i wear a bating suit i always have shorts under could it be pcos?? i weigh about 170 but i always had it since i was like well i prob strtd to notice it wen i was 12 but i think i always had it i askd my mom and she said she also always had it and her mom im not very comfterable asking my mom these questions prob cuz we dont get along well so yea can someone tell me wat it is plz cuz i also think i hav diabetes?? and im scrd
i also get embarassed wen i chnge in the locker rms so i go to the showers and chnge in their i need help its just very embarassing and well i guess im thankful im not the only one cuz i can get help here :)
Although being a white male and not overweight at the time, I have experience this condition, and most strikingly in my armpits and sides. I had been using baking soda as a deodorant. Baking soda is noticeably basic (High pH). When I stopped doing that the coloration did clear up. Think the people that recommended lemon juice (and possibly the cucumber) were on the right track. There are probably many other causes for this malady, and the generic name acanthosis nigricans just puts a name to it. Wikipedia lists diabetes and cancer as causes, but I'd check out the simple things first like pH, and moisture (try cornstarch or talc for moisture) before spending $200 for a tube of something from the doctor. Still, checking for diabetes is cheap and you can do it yourself, often at local pharmacies or if you have a friend with a glucose meter. Wikipedia lists cancer as the cause as being extremely rare. I wouldn't go looking for zebras if I heard hoof steps. Darkening of the privates may be very normal for some ethnic groups and some individuals, but it probably looks different than what we're talking about here.
hello, well guess what i had the exact problem, but thank god i solved it, believe me its like magic, as i was sooooo dark down there i used a philipino cream called mena for 2 days, it caused skin pealing so i followed it by elecom cream for a week to reduce the irritation & the redness, then i mixed glycerin with lemon juice and started to apply this home made mixture for around 2 weeks as much as i could,,, myyyy god u cant believe how bright & soft the area became, i just loooove it ,, plaza i beg u to try it, it is magic..good luck sis
ladies,ladies,ladies.

we were born this way.  i am form the caribbean (trinidad and tobago) i.e. the beach everyother day, the sun is blazing here all the f**kin time. for carnival teh entire country wears practically nothing just beads (costumes) and they parade tthe streets jumping and waving.  in this country you cannot hide ur skin much because tehplace is always so hot.

fat, thin, tall, short, black , brown. imperfections were born here. and the men of this country say we have teh most beautiful women inthe world in trinidad. which means men love us here. doh matter the size shape or colour..

a guy who can look at dark underarms super dark vaginal area and alot other insecurites we may have and still love us unconditionally is a man worth being with for the rst of ur life. dont beat up chicks. god made all of us with imperfections. eventhe most beautiful girls on the face of this planet are not happy, thier personality *****. theyre probably stupid.i.e not very bright. look at jen aniston. she had brad pitt. she is so beautiful. look at paul walker and his teenage dream. look at beyonce jay z are not all that. take a look at katherine zeta jones and michael douglas. TI and Tiny.. thatgirl is the most hideous girl ihave ever seen. look at sealand heidi klum. look at aishwayria rai and abhishek bachann. he's not to cute.......any other examples??????? and trust me nobody is perfect. NOBODY. i am horrible. but i hav a little potential and the self confidence to take on paul walker( my dream guy) he may not look at me in a millio years. but u can never tell. my bf is way cuter than me. but i make him lauugh so hard. everyday. he is happy. i have alot of superficial imperfections but he loves me so much. i am very intelligent. he learns form me. i ma ambitious, i am very athletic. concentrate on ur strengths ladies and work toward makin gur weakness and insecurities into advantagess and be optimitstic, we arre all gods children and we are all equa in his eyes. stop frettin over these petty things and enoy our one life to live.

ps. hey guys. u shud come visit trinindad in teh caribbean. you guys wil love it here. :DDDD enjoy ur day peeps. and keep ya head up

remember somebody loves u and smile. ur beautiful.

I just went to the doctor over all this. You could have PCOS.  I have it and it increases Insalin in ur body and causes those areas to darken and not only that it can cause u to break out between ur legs, on ur face, and may even make u grow hair where you think it shouldnt be. If u need someone to talk to or anything you can reach me at ***@****
i also have that same problem, i even have the bumb...
well, im pretty sure my discoloration is caused by chafing. i am a thick gal so my legs tend to rub together.
i am looking into creams to get rid of the darker skin around my groin
I've had dark lines between my thighs when I turned 19 years old.  My inner thighs, vaginal area and armpit got darker when I got pregnant with my babies, also because I have diabetes type 2 when i turned 30, but my blood sugar are controlled.  I am slightly over weight however the dark inner thighs is not the cause of the darkening, it was caused by hormone changes.  Being clean is not the issue either, I take a shower everyday.   So, I'll tell you all my secret on how I got rid of them.  My inner thighs, butt cheeks even my vagina and anal is close to my skin tone now.  The off shade lines that runs from my feet to all the way up is getting lighter.  This is not over night lighting.  It takes time... If your areas are very dark.  Here are the stuff that I've used.

1) Hydroquinone 3% apply once a week and wait until your skin peels within that week, give your skin a break for 2 weeks. ( do not use while you're pregnant) (i apply this everywhere ;)  but not the inside.  just the external....

2) Use bio oil (walmart)  on the areas where you've applied the Hydroquinone, so when your skin peels, your skin will not be left out dry.  (apply it when you use the Hydoquinone and only after your skin peels.

2) I use Belo Essential cream and soap to lighten every inch of my skin.  You can use this too on your private part.  The site is http://www.beloessentials.ca/
I use the soap for facial, wash and shower, all the time.  These are the only soap I use at all time, and my skin is also free from bumps and acne because it also has salicylic acid on them.  So  the soap is also good for people who has pimples on their back, which I don't suffer from.

Note: I only apply the Hydroquinone once a month cause when you peel, you get new skin and i treat it with the belo, therefore don't over due the hydroquinone, cause it will irritate your skin and may cause scarring, so be careful using it.  Continue using it until you're satisfied with the shades results you get.

I hope you will find this very helpful.  FYI, I have used other skin whitening, and the ones I'm using mentioned above are the most effective whitening treatment.

Luvly
okay, so it seems normal-- I was looking up dark thighs on my baby's legs-- she's part Latin as her dad's from Brazil and he's tanner than me-- I'm extremely fair.  I was afraid something had happened, but it's just the variations in her skin pigment I think.
Ha ha, took baby into the doctor and it's just that her legs are dyed blue from her jeans getting wet a week and a half ago.  The dye takes that long to get out!  And she takes a bath daily and I'd washed her legs with washcloth to get it off and baby oil, but it just takes time apparently.  So it isn't normal for her.
When your about to take a shower, wet your inner thigh, or whatever is the darker part and rub a lemon on it,

some even say to put baking powder first then lemon..

the lemon is good for elbows, neck, inner thigh, just about any of the parts you ladies have explained
I have a latin american girlfriend who has slightly darker skin aroung her vagina, and anus, and I think it is sexy....
We grew up a block away from one another, and played doctor when we were 8. She had it then, and still to this day.

Also, I've seen many women, with light hair, who don't have this darker area, after shaving their vaginal regions. From personal experience,. I think it comes from being a certain ethnic groups, with the beautiful dark hair.
(For instance, two of my exes; one asian american, and one lighter skinned african american, both had the darkening you've described. My redhead, & other light-haired girlfriends, had light skin there

It's nothing to be ashamed of. Be proud of your heritage, it has made you, who you are.

If you are worried, go see a GYN, she will tell you, what is the expected
normal.

PS. I've seen the different darkening of the thighs, and other areas, and heard that is a medical thing.
There is the healthier way to even out your skin tone and smoothen your skin.   Go and research on the L-Glutatthione, Alpha lipoic Acid and Grape seed extract.   These three natural sources are good for your immune system, it's an anti- oxidant that cleans your bad radicals in your body.  The only side effect is that you your skin will be lighter and even all over.  It is also an anti- aging regimen...  It prevents cancer, heart attacks, alziemer, diabetes diseases.   It removes mercury from your brain, it will improve your memory as well.
L-Glutathione (500 mg, take 2 capsule a day)
http://ezinearticles.com/?Benefits-of-L-Glutathione&id=389195

Alpha Lipoic Acid
http://www.livestrong.com/alpha-lipoic-acid/#

Grape seed extract
http://www.preventive-health-guide.com/grape-seed-extract.html

I get these vitamins from swansonvitamins.com.  But you can easily get these in Nutritional health store or GNC, it cost more though...

And btw L Glutathione is the secret vitamins that celebs drink as you can see their skin are so flawless and they glow!

I also have this problem ever since I can remember. I have always been overweight and I remember as a kid my upper inner thighs would rub together and it would be red and painful.  Once I hit puberty the skin turned dark.  My armpits and between my buttcheeks as well.  To make matters worse I break out in these areas.  My buttcheeks have blackheads that are down deep and hard to remove.  Also have blackheads on the sides of my vagina and inner thighs.  It's really embarrassing when I go to the gyno.  Im also pregnant with my 3rd child so Im dreading the day I go into labor.  Think I'd be used to having doc and nurses staring @ me down there but NO...Im so nervous.  I'm hispanic and very, very fair (like a ghost) lol..but down there and my armpits are dark.  I have lost more than 100lbs with gastric bypass but the areas didnt clear up.  My aunt suggested cutting a lemon or lime in half and sprinkling baking powder or baking soda on it and then rubbing the dark areas with it.  Do it everyday until it clears up.  I have to try it.  I have tried rubbing my areas with a paste of vinegar and baking soda.  It helped but didnt keep up with it to see the end result (also the area got irritated..maybe it's too strong for these sensitive areas?)(or maybe i just have sensitive skin).  Im goin to try this tonight and try to keep up with it since im due in a couple of months lol.  I just need to know how to get rid of these blackheads that are so deep down :( Well hope this info helps.
I am also suffering from the same thing.  I have researched a couple of things...and guess what...YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE YOUR EYES.  I am Dominican and in my country for very cheap money they perform what is a rejuvenation of the vagina by making the lips fuller and perform what is like a facial for your pubic area.

Check out this video.....
PLEASE BE AWARE...THIS VIDEO CONTAINS THE ACTUAL PROCEDURE.  SO IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY WATCHING THIS CONTENT DON'T WATCH IT....

The results are amazing.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX0wHhAomSw

Girls don't worry I have the remedy. You must buy pure shea butter it's about $5 real cheap, pure 100% vitamin e oil that about $10 and pure emu oil that's $15. Mix all these ingredients together, by melting the shea butter over heat then add the emu oil n vitamin e oil together then pour into a empty clean container big enough so u can whip the oil cool into a cream like base. When showering use apricot scrub n a loafa to scrub the inner. After the shower apply the cream do this in the morning n in the night I promise u within a week u will see the difference if u have black heads there too I will help to minimize it. Also try not to wear real tight clothing let ur thighs breathe a bit. It may sound perverted but don't sleep with short or even under wear let them breathe
thanx for ur info but where can i buy pure shea butter and pure emu oil?
Ok so I looked on Amazon.com for the oils and shea butter and i bought everything except for vitamin e bcuz they didnt have pure vitamin e..hopefully i could buy it at a drugstore..also how big of a bottle do i need..1 oz..2 oz..?? Oh n i also bought black african soap which a lot of people swear by to help even out skin tone n breakouts so hopefully using all these products will help :)
RANT COMING~

I say it lessens up when I wear loose and cotton tights. I tend to wear pants rather than skirts alone because we sweat and when the leg rubs together that's where the skin starts to darkened. Even if I do wear skirts, I'll never leave my tights to avoid both thigh skin contact. And always remember to let it dry down there and regularly change your under garments to dryer ones.

When shaving, one starts to realize that it itches when it starts to grow back, and when you start scratching, it contributes to the dark spots around the vagina and thighs. Open pores filled with sweats tends to break out pimples on it too. The fatter you are, the more you sweat. So I guess losing weight is one of the ways to do it.

Thankfully I have no dark spots between my thigh because of wearing the cotton loose tights, but I STILL do have those brown dark spots after shaving. It really bothers me to look at it too. Maybe if I apply the skin down there the same way I do for my face, it might actually work. (I usually use lotion+talcum before applying any make-up to avoid from direct sunlight towards the face and direct make-up toxic on my face. But when you sweat, you have to reapply everything again. It works so well to whiten up my face skin though.) But then again, the place down there is always damp and kinda always sweaty when walking and results to rash and even darker skin. Plus, the skin down there is way too sensitive than any other parts when we apply anything. Lemon makes the skin irritates when it's too clean and grows rashes, and grows pimples when it's too sweaty.

Maybe wearing pads will make it less sweaty and less scratching, but with the rule of regularly changing it. Either way, we can never make it too clean down there or too sweaty. Both will irritate the skin at some rate.  Supposedly scrubs are the best way to clean it gently and also hot towels to kill teh bad germs giving pimples away.

But I am going to try putting lotion+talcum or baby powder on it and see if the results are better. Because I heard talcum tends to make our private parts more darker, but maybe less with the lotion going on it before the talc. Wish me luck!
i have always been darker between my legs and under my arms, so i just always used to figure it was because those areas arent exposed to weather conditions the way the rest of your body is. this past year though, i have been reading more about food allergies. some can cause changes in skin tone, mostly around the eyes, but maybe we should all be checking to see if we are allergic to anything in our diets or environment that could be causing skin discolorations, even if they appear to be normal ones at first.
I understand what everyone is going through. I used to have, as a child, a compete loss of pigmentation in my vagina, throughout the inner labia. It was to the point to where you could see the blood vessels, turning it a blue color. It came about at the beginning of puberty, 10-12, then it went away. I found out later from my current doctor that this was an indicator of a thyroid issue, hyperthyroidism to be exact. To top it all off, I bled profusely when I first got my period. I would have it for weeks on end with extremely heavy flow and then it would stop for a week and start again.

The GYN decided it would be a good idea to put me on birth control. I was unable to take any pill form as they caused me to bleed for months at a time, heavily without a break. As a result, I went on other contraceptives as well. Finally at the age of 24, I stopped taking them and stopped getting a period completely. In the past, every time I tried to stop taking the BC, I wouldnt get a period.

The condition you are referring to is acanthosis nigricans. It is the darkening of the skin in those areas. It can be caused by numerous problems. I was finally diagnosed last year with my thyroid problem, and then later diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). I honestly feel and think that what started out as PCOS has only become worse after years of taking extra hormones to control the periods. If I had stayed away from the crap I think I would be better off. Prolonged use of those is NOT good for you despite what any medical professional may say. So do not stay on contraceptives for years as I did. At least wait until you are finished with puberty, and of course try to remain abstinent the entire time to prevent pregnancy.

I know if I knew half of what I do now, I wouldve went and fought harder for answers years ago. I have been gaining weight, since puberty, at the rate of 10 to 15 pounds a year. If I wouldve continued without treatment I would probably be severely obese. My darkening of the skin is not very bad, but nine chances out of ten it is due to insulin resistance most common to PCOS. It is embarrassing, and it only gets worse. I have never had bad tests for my triglycerides nor any bad tests back for diabetes testing and  blood pressure. I always fly through those tests. So, it gets frustrating and daunting when there seems like there is nothing wrong. It is even worse when you are atletically inclined and seem healthy, but continually gaining weight, mine being in the abdomen. But trust me, there is. Do not give in so easy with your doctor, they are human too. And make sure you fight very hard for the diagnosis.
You can make a paste of baking soda and lemon, and scrub your trouble skin,that over time cause nothing happens overnight when it comes to the skin,will help in lightening the skin and is safe for your private areas as well as sanitary. Microdermabration does wonders to darkened skin,but only for the areas where it could get perform. I've done it in Bikini area and under arms.  
It's probably related to shaving. When you're shaving your pubic hair you're also shaving a thin layer of skin.

Then again it could also be Acanthosis nigricans, often referred to as "dirty skin", an Insulin spillover that causes the skin to thicken, as stated by "Twitchany". It's an indication to pre-diabetes, however, many people who have AN don't always end up with diabetes. If AN is the case then there isn't a point in skin bleaching and you're better off losing the weight and applying yourself to a healthier diet and controlling it to ensure a reduction in the unused insulin that your body is storing.
I am 17 and my thighs is darker than other parts of my body and i am very light skinned so i am afraid that it's going to be permanent. I tried applying lotion on that area for like two weeks, everyday after i take a shower, and so far it had no use whatsoever. I have never been overweight.  I did not even notice it until like two years ago and since i can't find a way to get rid of it; i have been trying to ignore it(which hasn't worked). Is there anyway to get rid of it without applying lemon juice? I perfer creams or maybe a different type of lotion. Any recommendations?
I have this condition. Mine is definitely Acanthosis Nigricans as it has the velvety texture. I am a 47 year old African who is an orangey yellow mid brown. I have been diagnosed with 2 diseases of the metabolism. Graves’s disease and Late Onset Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (LOCAH)

I was a skinny child and the deep dark ebony brown pigmentation between my thighs and across my butt and groin appeared just before I started my periods at 11 years old. I know that this condition differs from the hyper-pigmentation you get from chaffing which is more superficial. My thighs didn't chafe pre puberty and yet it appeared on the inner thighs really drastically.
My armpits get pigmentation from the chaffing of shaving and my butt cheeks from being dry and the friction from sitting but it isn't like the velvety stuff between my thighs and goes  away when I wax or heavily moisturise.

I think my sugar cravings are definitely connected with the pigmentation as I became a sugar addict at 12 and my sugar addiction is back with a vengeance after suddenly coming off long term meds for my LOCAH and Graves.

I used a prescription only crème on my thighs illegally for 3 month and it went it was truly beautiful but I was scared to put it on my cookie. However this was HUGE MISTAKE. It messed up my hormones so badly I don’t know if it is connected but I got cystic acne and my body and genitals started to masculnize. I don’t really understand it but I know the crème I used can mess up your adrenals and mine are messed up really badly because of my LOCAH.  Please be careful with bleach crème etc as I understand this condition - Acanthosis Nigracans- is a disorder of your endocrine system and bleaches mess with your hormones and can cause cancer.

I think that understanding the cause rather than trying to hide or remove the pigmentation is the best way forward or just living with it is a great choice too. We are all perfectly imperfect, even the men who are repulsed by imperfection.
I am taking a high dose vitamin b5 treatment as my acne has returned after years of anti androgens and being on the pill. .... too old for then pill now .......and it has lightened a little which has surprised me! I'll let you know how it goes

If your shaving down there, your bump could be an ingrown hair, I have no clue how long they can last for, but anytime I've had a hard dark bump, it's usually an ingrown hair.
I am 16... i'm a white puerto rican young lady...but I have darkness in between my thighs and the rest of that area. I also have the same problem under my arms. I am wondering ..if this darkness can be cured under the arms by exfoliating/using lemon juice, can u do the same in those other areas? :/
hey there,
im 17 years old and i had the same problem with the dark skin in those areas, but i found a prettty easy way and cheap to help with those areas. All you would need is a lime, cut the lime and squeeze the juice out a little and rub the lime in circles for about a min. or two. you MUST NOT shave before or after you do the lime treatment it will BURN!! I just started to do this treatment and within about 3 to 4 days i soon started to see less of the dark skin. you should do this once a day to see great results but you can skip one day to shave and then start again the next day. i hope this was helpful to you all:)
You may take a lemon, squeeze some juice out and use the peel as a scrub in the vaginal area, leave it for 5 mins and then wash and clean with warm water. The above practice, even if takes longer, is the safest and  the most beneficial. Results are certainly good!
I've had the same problem but I have been using a avon product called banishing cream it really helps and has made my skin a lot lighter  
Dark armpits, in between thighs and black ring back of neck are common to those who are overweight or/and obesity. My mother and me are amongst those who suffer these ugly dark skins and sometimes gives smells especially the armpit areas. THE ONLY SOLUTIONS IS TO REDUCE WEIGHT. My mother is the living evidence for she lost a staggering 20kgs (strict diet) and as a result, her armpits are now in normal coloured skin and no more dark rings around her back neck but the dark in-between thighs only reduced to light brown. To reduce the dark colour in-between thighs, my mother use moisturizers every night and evidently it lightens the skins more each day but unable to prevent 100% maybe due to the initial or permanent mark caused by rubbing btween thighs when she was obese. I find this so remarkable that I started my diet slowly to reduce and yes! It works like wonder! My armpits are reducing in colour and back neck and inner thighs too.In addition, I use NIVEA intensive moisturizing cream for inner thighs. It really helps extra lightning my thighs. BELIEVE ME, REDUCING WEIGHT WILL HELP 90% VANISHING THE DARK ARMPITS, BACK NECK & INNER THIGHS! Start reducing weight and drink lots of water, take less sugar&salt, reduce carb and take high protein diet. IT WORKS!! BELIEVE ME!

Goodluck to all.
(Note: Bleaching only caused skin irritations and disturb the pigmentation. Avoid bleaching and start reducing weight).
there is this drink that works. it is very natural and easy to make. you need a stick of celery, half of cactus, half cucumber, and a leaf of aloe vera(the inside part). make sure you wash all of the above. add one cup of water to your blender and all of the above. blend and then use a strainer to drain all the juice out. then just drink that juice everyday.you'll notice your skins clearing. you'll see. this drink works because it keeps your body healthy from inside. : ) if you have any questions feel free to email me.
I am only 13 years old, white and not overweight. The skin by my vaginal area is really dark and also in my inner thighs, stretching about a third of the way down towards my knees. It's really really embarassing and I wanna get rid of it! I always feel self conscious wearing shots and bathing suits. My mom has it too and thinks it's no big deal and I just have it cuz my thighs are a little thick so they rub against each other. I think there's a few creams used to get rid of it but I'm not sure if they're completely safe and 100% effective. Can anyone PLEASE help me?
Im pregnant and just noticed around my vagina n a lil on my but its darker then before is this normal?
Just use lemon a raw lemon and rub near dark place's it worked for me
and now all my skin is the same colour this took approximetly one month to work though but the results were amazing
If you don't want to use lemon use plain yoghurt that works to but not aswell but don't mix both together bad mistake it will only make it work and don't shave use hair removal spray it lasts longer and won't give you any reaction's
I'm a 16 year old puerto rican and im still a virgin but for about 2 yrs I've been seeing darkness around my vaginal area. Is there any easy way to lighten the area up?? Is it also something that should be worth concerning about medical wise? Thanks (:
I know that this was closed like YEARS ago but I noticed no one answered a question from my skimming and as for the lump, you probably have a hemorrhoid. I didnt know anything about them till I got pregnant with my second child and didnt get constipated but my digestive system slowed down and I had to strain and ended up getting one that just doesnt want to go away. sometimes they need to be removed with surgery if they can be removed by home remedies or prescribed medications, They can become irritating after so long, Consult a doctor and see how severe your case is and see what he or she suggests for removal.
u dont know wat u r talking about so stfu..   men do care.  and it does look nasty and give the impression that it ts a result of poor hygeine
Skin darking is common for ppl who are insulin resistant or pre diabetic. I would get checked ASAP..they make a.med called.metformin that can help.
Hi people,

S ofcourse mee too have this problem. Beyond that i have some useful tip for u all.. Hope it will use... Lime juice, Turmeric powder combination will help to reduce black in dark area.. it may be neck arounded, black marks in face skin, inbetween hand arm and legs. lemon juice haven a power to reduce black in our skin.. if u use it regularly sure u will get a clear skin without black... Please be ensure that using the lime juice regularly, leave it for 15 to 20 min then wash it..... Hope it wil use it for u all guys....

Bye take care
I'm 27 years old and its been like 7 years that I notice my skin between my legs and armpits are darker then all my skin ,but its more between my legs, and its realy  embarssing going to the pool  or even wear shorts ! I will love to hear from some help!!
A guy is NOT a "waste of time because he may notice that and care about it! I resent that statement. BTW, some guys have it too so what would you call a girl that notices and doesn't like it or comments?????
There are many reasons why your genital areas can become dark. A dark bikini area is especially caused by chafing and sweating. Women, who are overweight and have heavy thighs, may experience extensive chafing on the thighs. If they sweat profusely, the darkening can become even worse.

Women, who wear polyester clothes which do not absorb sweat well, are prone to experiencing dark bikini area. To prevent the formation of a dark bikini area, women should wear loose fitting clothes made of natural fabrics. Using chemicals like deodorants, that do not suit your skin, can also cause darkening of your bikini area. Another cause of a dark bikini area is the use of razor and hair removal creams in the bikini region.

To avoid the darkening of your bikini area, wear only cotton underwear and avoid using any kind of hair removal creams in the area. Sweat should either be absorbed from the bikini area, or cleaned regularly. Every time you go to the toilet, wash your genital area with warm water, so as to discourage the accumulation of uric acid which can lead to the darkening of the bikini area.

For your daily bath, especially for cleaning your intimate areas, use an herbal soap or a non acidic soap. This helps maintain the pH of your genital area so that it remains clean and healthy. If you are planning to use any skin remedies in the bikini area, make sure that you use a gentle product. Rubbing lemon on the dark areas of the skin can help lighten it up. The compounds present in the lemon juice act as natural skin bleaching agent. However, since the bikini area is very sensitive, it is best to mix the lemon juice with a little cucumber juice or turmeric so that it will not burn. Let the mixture remain on the darkened area for at least 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.

You could also use a mixture of curd and lemon to lighten the dark bikini area. Another effective remedy for dark bikini area is to use a paste of sandalwood and water. Simply smear the mixture on the dark bikini area and let it dry. The paste has a cooling effect on the area and it will soothe the genitals.

You can also use a paste made of orange peel and yogurt to soothe the bikini area. A mixture of almond oil, milk powder, lemon juice and honey is also an excellent remedy to treat a dark bikini area.
it is a condition usually experienced by people of color it can affect caucasions but rarely certain products ex soaps, perfumes,dyes, jewelry, food, deodorant and being overweight can worsen the problem. and somtimes some people with the discoloration condition may have a fungus and an anti fungal will help but mostly people without a fugus will just have to cope or see your physician
Hello im white arab have the same problem and I fixed it cheap and easy I used a skin bleach specificly for the anus i bought online fo $12 it also lightend my thigh area. Good luck
I am white skinned and had very dark brown on both inner thighs because they rubbed when I walk. I put peroxide on them after I shower and dry off. IT WORKS!! My very dark brown is now sooooo very very light. I would not trust it on my private parts but under the arms and thighs is ok.Skin tags....I got so many of these when I was pregnant...a doctor will charge you much for there removal. I cut mine off while they were small with nail clippers.It does sting a little and there is tiny bit of blood.Make sure clippers are cleaned well and clean your skin first with alcohol....after you remove them wipe with peroxide.....I also have cut large ones off a male friend of mine.He is so happy with the results.
Being a very high yellow black girl  I noticed that I had this issue . I was dark in my pubic area , a lil bit on my thigh area right by my crouch and on my anus area.. Well I figured out what the Culprit was.. It was BLOOD... If your like me and for years only used pads and not tampons that's your problem.. Using pads for a long period of time allows you skin to become almost "Dyed" if u will and will start to make the skin look darker and dingier.. Think about it you get your  period for 4-7 days and with a pad your sitting in your own blood all day and then sleeping in it all night.. For days and days each month .. So just stop it!  Firstly get rid if pads and start using tampons.. Second start using products like NAIR HAIR REMOVAL to help you start peeling up old layers of dirty old lookin skin .. Let me tell you I begin rubbing this stuff all over those dark spots even all along my crack/ anus areas as well and not only did it take away the hair but it started lifting away darkness and dead skin!!! Yesss !! And lastly after showering you should use a fade cream such as Ambi .. This worked wonders on my skin down there and was so safe everyday all day b4 I left the house and again after bathing when I came home and I  even used it on and around my clitoris area that had become darkend as well.. Try ladies this worked wonders for me truly :)
ACANTHOSIS NIGRICANS
I have the same problem and its so embarrassing for me the first time i slept with a guy i was so self conscious of what he mite think and i am still having that problem. I just want to know if there's any sort of cream that can get rid of it. I tried Bio oil and it didn't really help. Please HELP! :)
I agree with you that the black skin in the pubic area, anal area, underarms, etc., is a reminder to the lucky, perceptive ones that everyone started out with African heritage.  I am part Hispanic.  When I was younger, it worried me that the skin "down there" was getting darker even when I was a teenager and later when I was under 30 years old and very thin.  It looks even darker with sexual lubricants (kind of like when you lick a stone and the colors look more vibrant).  The meatus is so dark pink that it's almost red (the color of rare steak).  I think this is just healthy.  My husband likes "going down" and doesn't mind the very dark, almost black color of the pubic area/anus or the white hairs (I'm now nearly 60).  Now I just think the coloring is exotic.  The red and black are vivid, kind of like an abstract painting.  I was so insecure about my body when I was younger.  Now I am old and overweight, yet I am still beautiful.  What I have to offer is so worth this private revelation.  I love my body.
Ambi has got mercury in it. This can seep into your blood stream and cause you a lot of health problems. I would suggest you scrub and use Aloe Vera products. They help heal the skin. I'v tried it with success.  
I have had the same problem but it started out on my under arms about 6 years and was very bad.  I was also very over weight.  I stopped wearing clothing that showed them.  I figured it happened because I gained a lot of weight.  After several years of dealing with it and hiding it, I decided to change a couple things.  I started getting different body scrubs and exfoliating creams.  Combined that with same good body scrubbers and exfoliated every day in the shower, not hard but just gently, over and over again.  Then once I got out of the shower I would put a really good moisturizer all over my under arms.  It took a few months, but if slowly faded and cleared up!!!  Now they are great!  But now I have the same thing happening in my pubic area, on the inside of my thighs and between my butt cheeks.  I am not starting the same process so we will see how it goes.  I hope this helps!!  Good luck to everyone.  
You should maybe try aveeno calamine
& pramoxine HCI anti-itch cream. I
have the same dark thing around my upper inner thighs and just started trying it and it works pretty good. The darkness hasn't gone away completely but you can tell that its starting to clear up. I'm not sure how long its going to take to clear up , but I've only been using it for about three weeks and the rash has defenitly been clearing up!
i have this kind of problem like the things said above. the only difference is, when i'm sweaty, my thighs get sweaty too and for that, it creates dirt and now my thighs are pinkish in color due to this. i need help for this because it really discomforts me. thanks a lot!
that sounds like hydradenitis supprativa maybe.

"Hidradenitis suppurativa is a skin non contagious disease that most commonly affects areas bearing apocrine sweat glands or sebaceous glands, such as the underarms, breasts, inner thighs, groin and buttocks. The disease manifests as clusters of chronic abscesses, epidermoid cysts, sebaceous cysts, pilonidal cyst or multilocalised infections, which can be as large as baseballs or as small as a pea, that are extremely painful to the touch and may persist for years with occasional to frequent periods of inflammation, often leaving open wounds that will not heal. For unknown reasons, people with hidradenitis develop plugging or clogging of their apocrine glands. It causes chronic scarring and pus formation of the underarms (axilla) and groin/inner thigh areas. The simple procedure of incision and drainage provides some relief from severe, often debilitating, pressure pain. Flare-ups may be triggered by perspiration, hormonal changes (such as monthly cycles in women), humidity and heat, and clothing friction. Persistent lesions may lead to scarring and the formation of sinus tracts, or tunnels connecting the abscesses or infections under the skin. Wound dehiscence, a premature "bursting" open of a wound, often complicates the healing process. Occurrences of bacterial infections and cellulitis (deep tissue inflammation) may occur at these sites. HS pain and depression can be difficult to manage."

check with a doctor or dermatologist.
i also have the same problem im 14 but this happened when i turned 12 i thought something was wrong with me cause the skin under my arms and thighs are alot darker than my naturally light tan skin and the reason why ive always stay away from boys is because im embarrased and i dont know what to do about it im so embarrased that i hate wearing swimsuits even
losing weight does help improve to improve it, try rubing lemon juice on the areas some of my friends had same problem even me and doing both does help = ) plus stay clean clean ur clothes then its just a matter of time.
ur not alone but dnt give im trying my best here too = )
Hi Martica,

I have the same problem with you. I guess those areas was getting darker after I had my baby delivered. Maybe it's hormonal.

Anyway, what i've done to eliminate those darkening area was by applying lemon juices to myskin, let it there for a few minutes untill it gets a little bit dry, then I apply body scrub. Scrub gently, don't be too harsh. Wash thoroughly then apply body butter.

You can see the result instantly. I recommend you do the scrubbing 1-2 times a week.
I've been big all my life reching all the way up to 210lbs at one point but under my arms have always been dark. It wasn't untill i was about 17 and really looked down there that i noticed between my legs were dark too. my mom was a nurse and told me that its a form of a yest infection from sweting and also from my legs rubbing together. the more lbs i lose then more i notice under my arms getting lighter an a little with my inner thighs. so for me its going away, it wont go completely but mostly and thats fine with me.
ty for giving the only good answer ive found lol im 21 and just noticed a few days ago that in getting very dark down in that area and my butt had been itiching lol at first i thought maybe just had a rash due to my birth control or something but there is no rash. im 5' 2" and around 110lbs... im far from overweight, i dont rub when i walk or anything ive never had this before and i started to freakout thinking i got a std or something but ive only been with one guy for a year and a half almost now so that didnt make since. however what u said makes great since for me i fight with depression constently and i have 2 kids and i bf that has cheated so stress is killer. i have horrid hormone problems and always have cuz im unbalenced and have a movement disorder. and cancer and diabites run in my family... so yeah im screwed lol but thank for an answer that really helped me
hey i have the same problem and decided to do something about it!!!!
im latin as well i have discoloration since i was 10 years old maybe. So i found some products i started three days ago and im already seeing a huge difference. Keep in mind that i am not using one product on my vaginal because im afraid it might not be safe but you can look it up if u want. There are "Dermisa lightening cream" and "Orchid lightening bar" both are under 5 bucks. If you are not sure if you should just try it wouldnt hurt plus if it works for you you wont have to buy $50 for a 1oz bleach! Okay well it works for underarms as well i recommend you dont shave for two weeks or 3 weeks after and use the bar. Shave after the three weeks and notice the difference. I hope it works for all of you because i felt your pain. Ok Peace & love.
ohhhh sorry for my mistakes my daughter doesnt let me type! lol
Oh back to what i was saying i found these products at heb! :)
I have the same problem. But I recently found out that it is not boils. They are abcesses. It is a disease called hydradenitis. Not many doctors know about this disease. It is found in men and women and there is no cure. It is also worse in those who are overweight. The abcesses come from your apocrine glands. The glands get clogged with dirt and bacteria. They are also from in grown hairs. Another thing about hydradenitis is it is also hereditary. Here are some things that help me. I only use a razor once. If you shave around your pubic area DONT, it makes is worse. I have to wax that area. Also use hypoallerginc laundry soap and was with an anitbacterial soap. You can also go to the dermatologist and get perscribed antibiotics. If your condition is severe a doctor can remove your glands that cause this disease, they are located in your groin area. The surgery is always a last resort. I hope this helps you.
I have skin problem what can I use
Hey everyone, I have found a safe and effective mehod to lighten the skin: mix plain yoghurt and lime juice together and smear it on the dark patches of skin, leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse it off. Do this once a day and you will find the skin has lightened! You can also try tumeric powder, lime and cucumber. Also, to prevent the dark skin, wear cotton undies! :) hope I helped, goodluck xx
Hi, just wondering has anyone had any improvements at all.
Everyone is posting about this issue, and there are some on here from years ago as well.
Any one had any results from either natural remedies, medical creams or weight loss that were suggested!!??

Please do let us know!
hey even i am 13 years old, thin, fair but not very. my thighs seem just a little bit thick or fat  and get rubbed while walking. blackness is just a bit under arms area, but the skin near the personal area is pretty darken dont  know the reason also like you the darking goes down to the back part of my knees. also the back of neck is dark. maybe the reason is because those areas are kinda tricky to reach, wash and dont get properly cared of. really dont like it. lets try using some lemon, fingers crossed hope something works.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/dark-inner-thighs.html
This link might help you guys :)
I find this very sexy, My wife is the same Latina with the darkining - I love it and being a guy we talk and most of my friends love it to. Really its a lot more sexy than just an all pink vagina. Seems to be more tasty to me!!!!! Love yourself for who you are!
have you looked at your inner thighs and butt cheeks lately go get a mirror and look around you may not be very attractive down there either,As a woman we love and respect our mate a little thing like darker skin in areas that others can not see but us is such a little thing to worry about,So sorry for your it sounds like you love only with you eyes,your are missing soooo much. Revalue your life for time is so short for all of us.
i have read that papaya helps fade age spots and uneven skin tone on your face i wonder if it will work down there also papaya has a lot of health benefits couldn't hurt to try
Hi Cathy!

I have had the same problem for a long time but i can tell you that men do not care about it as long as you personality is bigger than you skin ''problem''. They do notice it but they don't mind as long as they are sure of you being a girl that does take care of herself. that is very important for them.

Appart from that you could feel uncomfortable about going to the beach and wearing a bathing suit or going on vacation with a new lover but as long as you disscus the issue with him(after you made sure he's into you) everything will be alright. You will realise that he hardly cares, that all he really wants is for you to get over it and join him in having a good time.
I am in my thirties now and i cannot remember a time in my life when my tigh were not dark.  It affect me emotional i cannot explain how much.  I have never worn a bathing suit or even a very short shorts because of this problem.

I have decided not to have any children and have even lost interest in pursuing a relationship simple because I am so ashame of this.

I am extremely angry with God because I think this problem plaque every black women whose legs rub against each other.  No matter how fat a white person is they rarely or don't even have this problem.

This is a black woman curse.

It even hurts more when you listen to people making fun of persons who have that problem without thinking that they did not do that to themselves and that their comment must cut like a two edged sword.
Weight is a huge factor. I have read.. Because I also have problems with same as well as my armpits. They have some decent home remedies I am looking into. But, will those same remedies work on other areas as well, is my question?
This comment is for the woman whose name is "Avatar_f_tn
thunderbolt816"

I want to let you know that I have the same problem as well. I am black but light skinned. Between my legs are so so dark. The rest of me is light skinned but between my thighs is just unbelievable. Also, I have extreme darkness behind my neck and under my armpits.

But I don't hate God. In fact, maybe having hate is what is preventing you from finding a proper cure. I know how embarassing the problem can be. I have the same problem and I am black as well. But look at those people around the world who are hungry, don't have any food or security. Look at those people who go through terrible accidents and become paralyzed for the rest of their lives.

We should be happy and thankful for that which God gave us. If we are not grateful for what we have, why would we expect to get more?

I have the same problem you all experience. I have decided to use lemon and termoric powder. Hopefully this will help. If it does, I will be sure to let you all know. Until then, I have decided to be happy and grateful for everything I have :)
I am 41 and have this problem. I once weighed 312 and lost 125lbs. It was there before and it's still there now. I am Halle Berry's color but Gabriel Union's color on my inner thighs, vagina, and rectal area. It can be very embarrassing but from what I'm hearing it's very common. The men that count really don't care and I've seen really light guys, even white with a very dark penis so it is definitely not only a female issue. I am going to try the lemon juice and potato method mentioned but otherwise, I'm gonna love my body as is until I can afford plastic surgery.
hi, is it the juice or the outer layer part of the calamansi?thanks!
Im 16 & my inner thighs (bikini area) im not overweight. Help?
Shaving is the reason why those parts become darker, because shaving not only takes off your hair but it also takes off the outer layer of your skin causing the dark discoloration, especially in that area where its most sensitive. The best way to get rid if duscoloration is stop shaving for 2-3 months, otherwise make sure to hydrate your skin right after shaving with some aloe or baby oil and make sure you cut ur hair really short before shaving. You should not be shaving if your pubic hair is long.Most importantly,   Waxing is painful but it prevents darkening around that area.  Waxing is your best choice!
You should try Bio Oil. It worked with a friend of mine who has the same problem.I do not know about bleaching though.
My ex wife was a very large I mean over 475lb black woman.  Her thighs were the same color as the rest of her skin. However I have seen this mostly on the light skinned caucasion women I have been with.    If ya don't believe me you can ask the hundreds of guys my ex was with.. before she finally decided that drugs and random sex were too important for marriage.   My current fiance'  happens to be a caucasion ( I say happens because really I don't care about skin color at all.. ALL women are beautiful to me) and she is so scared of this ..  Even though I have told her many times I like it.    It's not God cursing black women.  I promise.    And don't give up on love.. Most guys, the good ones, will just think it is part of what makes you.. unique.
Hi im 20 and i have the same problem of having a dark inner thighs, i cant even wear swimsuits. I dont shave but it still look dark and i also have some strectmarks on my butt, is it really because of my menstruation? My aunt told me to have a full body scrub to whiten my inner thighs is that effective?
I may be out of the ordinary but if it helps, I have always found the darker color in the areas you mentioned extremely attractive on women. You are beautiful the way you are, remember people are attracted to different things.

What you find ugly, I find beautiful. I wish you all good luck in finding happiness with yourselves.

If you check between your buts; you probably see the same darkness as well;
so this is a common problem for men and women alike
This is due to being over weight. Loose some weight and it'll go away
Papaya soap may help.  Use it twice a day.  Keep area moisturized.  Also check out website for B&C Skin Tight products.  
Has it ever occurred to you that: You have dark creases because you are not a WHITE. On average;Latino's no matter how fair are a mix of White Spanish or Portugal decent and Black African decent; with some native brown Native "indian" thrown in . The Spanish came and conquored the Natives and when they were nearly extinct, they replaced them with the Africans. That's a historical fact.  It is in your genetic code and you will only be able to fade it temporarily.
I used to have this for many years. I also had toenail fungus.  I started to take an anti-fungal medication called Fluconazol and over the course of the year I took this medication, all of the dark skin in my thigh areas, underarms, etc, all disappeared. I told my doctor about this and he said it is indeed related to having fungus in your body.
It is related to fungus in the body (which, yes, can be related to weight, but fungus is what causes it).
use the botanical formula soap which includes lemon and vitamin C im having the same problem but exfoliating with that soap helps Ive only used it 3 times so far and i see results already im currently bleaching my skin as i type (haha) im using madre perl (mother of perl) u leave it on for an hr 3 times a week Ive heard great things so will see Im also using coco butter lotion when im done showering with the soap that helps too because all this stuff could dry out ur skin depending on ur skin type :) hope I helped
i am a guy and had similar question on why i get darker penis skin. doctor told me it was normal if i do ejaculation. its normal since you are rubbing the skin and as a result, the dark color. same as when fats between legs slides between each other when your walking or running. immediate solution to this is applying lubrication. but permanent solution is to get fit and get rid of excess fats stored on your legs
I am 15 years old, 160-165lbs. I am white but my skin "down there" is darker then my skin tone but quite a bit. My armpits aren't darker though, but I do have quite a few skin tags under my arms. Is this normal?
I have been to a gynecologist and dermatologist about this same problem. I'm a very white skin latina. I was told that this difference in color is completely normal, specially if you sweat a lot in those areas, and there really isn't anything to be done for it medicalwise. However, a cosmetologist might have better suggestions (specially if you are in the US).
Hope this helps.
Cheers!
Tretinoin cream USP or sold as Retinol A seems to provide some relief. It is basically Vitamin A. The skin gets peeled off little by little. It also makes the skin look younger. Use it at least for a month regularly everyday. Before that you should apply a swatch somewhere under your arm to test you are not allergic to it. It can also treat acne/pimples.  It cannot be used under sunlight or even under the light of a fluorescent lamp. It is UV sensitive. So cover up the area or use it during bed time. Consult a dermatologist before using. Excessive intake of Lycopene based foods like tomato ketchup, watermelon,etc can also cause skin darkening like dark circles around the eyes. Lycopene is not required for the body.  Many animals do not use them. Chlorinated water also cause general skin darkening for some exposed to sunlight.  Wash with dechlorinated water after shower or use well/river water.Skin darkening can also be caused  due to salt in the sweat around the perineum which contains chlorine. Salt is corrosive.  Shaving can also cause skin darkening. Applying coconut oil before shaving eliminates it. Waxing is better for women. Using after shave lotion directly on skin can also cause skin darkening. Always wet the face before use or simply use onetime razors and avoid after shaves.
  Wow I have always thought me obsessing about my pigmentation in those areas of my body is ocd. I was not alone. I learned more about people and accepting fact of who we are and our connection on universe as living things with all diverse creatures . I accepted myself. This someday you will see is not is not important in your life. I was my worst critic at that time.

My partner does not care. We see it natural. As some people having blonde hair' or darker like brunette.
' I embraced it and become normal
What scary is if you have cancer or **** assciated with the skin discoloration. Now you have s problem
For guys who complain about this is a really shallow guy. Things like this may bother you but it should not consumed you. I focus on some things more important staying healthy for my kids and make money. That my ladies is important.
Love yourself and be comfortable with your own skin and you find someone ad the same.
Amen

' I embraced it and become normal
Amen