Darker skin in pubic, genital, rectum areas and between legs.
The area between the vagina and the anus, the pubic area and the upper part of my inner thighs are significantly darker than the rest of my skin (is very embarrassing).  I am a white Latin woman and I do not use oral contraceptives.  I shave the vaginal and rectum area about 2 to 3 times a months.  Could the shaving be the cause of the darkening?  If so which is the best alternative to shaving?  I do not seem to have any kind of irritation.  I started to use hydroquinone 2% about a month ago, but I don
Hi Martica,

I have the same problem with you. I guess those areas was getting darker after I had my baby delivered. Maybe it's hormonal.

Anyway, what i've done to eliminate those darkening area was by applying lemon juices to myskin, let it there for a few minutes untill it gets a little bit dry, then I apply body scrub. Scrub gently, don't be too harsh. Wash thoroughly then apply body butter.

You can see the result instantly. I recommend you do the scrubbing 1-2 times a week.
I've been big all my life reching all the way up to 210lbs at one point but under my arms have always been dark. It wasn't untill i was about 17 and really looked down there that i noticed between my legs were dark too. my mom was a nurse and told me that its a form of a yest infection from sweting and also from my legs rubbing together. the more lbs i lose then more i notice under my arms getting lighter an a little with my inner thighs. so for me its going away, it wont go completely but mostly and thats fine with me.
ty for giving the only good answer ive found lol im 21 and just noticed a few days ago that in getting very dark down in that area and my butt had been itiching lol at first i thought maybe just had a rash due to my birth control or something but there is no rash. im 5' 2" and around 110lbs... im far from overweight, i dont rub when i walk or anything ive never had this before and i started to freakout thinking i got a std or something but ive only been with one guy for a year and a half almost now so that didnt make since. however what u said makes great since for me i fight with depression constently and i have 2 kids and i bf that has cheated so stress is killer. i have horrid hormone problems and always have cuz im unbalenced and have a movement disorder. and cancer and diabites run in my family... so yeah im screwed lol but thank for an answer that really helped me
hey i have the same problem and decided to do something about it!!!!
im latin as well i have discoloration since i was 10 years old maybe. So i found some products i started three days ago and im already seeing a huge difference. Keep in mind that i am not using one product on my vaginal because im afraid it might not be safe but you can look it up if u want. There are "Dermisa lightening cream" and "Orchid lightening bar" both are under 5 bucks. If you are not sure if you should just try it wouldnt hurt plus if it works for you you wont have to buy $50 for a 1oz bleach! Okay well it works for underarms as well i recommend you dont shave for two weeks or 3 weeks after and use the bar. Shave after the three weeks and notice the difference. I hope it works for all of you because i felt your pain. Ok Peace & love.
ohhhh sorry for my mistakes my daughter doesnt let me type! lol
Oh back to what i was saying i found these products at heb! :)
I have the same problem. But I recently found out that it is not boils. They are abcesses. It is a disease called hydradenitis. Not many doctors know about this disease. It is found in men and women and there is no cure. It is also worse in those who are overweight. The abcesses come from your apocrine glands. The glands get clogged with dirt and bacteria. They are also from in grown hairs. Another thing about hydradenitis is it is also hereditary. Here are some things that help me. I only use a razor once. If you shave around your pubic area DONT, it makes is worse. I have to wax that area. Also use hypoallerginc laundry soap and was with an anitbacterial soap. You can also go to the dermatologist and get perscribed antibiotics. If your condition is severe a doctor can remove your glands that cause this disease, they are located in your groin area. The surgery is always a last resort. I hope this helps you.
I have skin problem what can I use
Hey everyone, I have found a safe and effective mehod to lighten the skin: mix plain yoghurt and lime juice together and smear it on the dark patches of skin, leave it for 10-15 minutes and rinse it off. Do this once a day and you will find the skin has lightened! You can also try tumeric powder, lime and cucumber. Also, to prevent the dark skin, wear cotton undies! :) hope I helped, goodluck xx
Hi, just wondering has anyone had any improvements at all.
Everyone is posting about this issue, and there are some on here from years ago as well.
Any one had any results from either natural remedies, medical creams or weight loss that were suggested!!??

Please do let us know!
hey even i am 13 years old, thin, fair but not very. my thighs seem just a little bit thick or fat  and get rubbed while walking. blackness is just a bit under arms area, but the skin near the personal area is pretty darken dont  know the reason also like you the darking goes down to the back part of my knees. also the back of neck is dark. maybe the reason is because those areas are kinda tricky to reach, wash and dont get properly cared of. really dont like it. lets try using some lemon, fingers crossed hope something works.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/dark-inner-thighs.html
This link might help you guys :)
I find this very sexy, My wife is the same Latina with the darkining - I love it and being a guy we talk and most of my friends love it to. Really its a lot more sexy than just an all pink vagina. Seems to be more tasty to me!!!!! Love yourself for who you are!
have you looked at your inner thighs and butt cheeks lately go get a mirror and look around you may not be very attractive down there either,As a woman we love and respect our mate a little thing like darker skin in areas that others can not see but us is such a little thing to worry about,So sorry for your it sounds like you love only with you eyes,your are missing soooo much. Revalue your life for time is so short for all of us.
i have read that papaya helps fade age spots and uneven skin tone on your face i wonder if it will work down there also papaya has a lot of health benefits couldn't hurt to try
Hi Cathy!

I have had the same problem for a long time but i can tell you that men do not care about it as long as you personality is bigger than you skin ''problem''. They do notice it but they don't mind as long as they are sure of you being a girl that does take care of herself. that is very important for them.

Appart from that you could feel uncomfortable about going to the beach and wearing a bathing suit or going on vacation with a new lover but as long as you disscus the issue with him(after you made sure he's into you) everything will be alright. You will realise that he hardly cares, that all he really wants is for you to get over it and join him in having a good time.
I am in my thirties now and i cannot remember a time in my life when my tigh were not dark.  It affect me emotional i cannot explain how much.  I have never worn a bathing suit or even a very short shorts because of this problem.

I have decided not to have any children and have even lost interest in pursuing a relationship simple because I am so ashame of this.

I am extremely angry with God because I think this problem plaque every black women whose legs rub against each other.  No matter how fat a white person is they rarely or don't even have this problem.

This is a black woman curse.

It even hurts more when you listen to people making fun of persons who have that problem without thinking that they did not do that to themselves and that their comment must cut like a two edged sword.
Weight is a huge factor. I have read.. Because I also have problems with same as well as my armpits. They have some decent home remedies I am looking into. But, will those same remedies work on other areas as well, is my question?
This comment is for the woman whose name is "Avatar_f_tn
thunderbolt816"

I want to let you know that I have the same problem as well. I am black but light skinned. Between my legs are so so dark. The rest of me is light skinned but between my thighs is just unbelievable. Also, I have extreme darkness behind my neck and under my armpits.

But I don't hate God. In fact, maybe having hate is what is preventing you from finding a proper cure. I know how embarassing the problem can be. I have the same problem and I am black as well. But look at those people around the world who are hungry, don't have any food or security. Look at those people who go through terrible accidents and become paralyzed for the rest of their lives.

We should be happy and thankful for that which God gave us. If we are not grateful for what we have, why would we expect to get more?

I have the same problem you all experience. I have decided to use lemon and termoric powder. Hopefully this will help. If it does, I will be sure to let you all know. Until then, I have decided to be happy and grateful for everything I have :)
I am 41 and have this problem. I once weighed 312 and lost 125lbs. It was there before and it's still there now. I am Halle Berry's color but Gabriel Union's color on my inner thighs, vagina, and rectal area. It can be very embarrassing but from what I'm hearing it's very common. The men that count really don't care and I've seen really light guys, even white with a very dark penis so it is definitely not only a female issue. I am going to try the lemon juice and potato method mentioned but otherwise, I'm gonna love my body as is until I can afford plastic surgery.
hi, is it the juice or the outer layer part of the calamansi?thanks!
Im 16 & my inner thighs (bikini area) im not overweight. Help?
Shaving is the reason why those parts become darker, because shaving not only takes off your hair but it also takes off the outer layer of your skin causing the dark discoloration, especially in that area where its most sensitive. The best way to get rid if duscoloration is stop shaving for 2-3 months, otherwise make sure to hydrate your skin right after shaving with some aloe or baby oil and make sure you cut ur hair really short before shaving. You should not be shaving if your pubic hair is long.Most importantly,   Waxing is painful but it prevents darkening around that area.  Waxing is your best choice!
You should try Bio Oil. It worked with a friend of mine who has the same problem.I do not know about bleaching though.
My ex wife was a very large I mean over 475lb black woman.  Her thighs were the same color as the rest of her skin. However I have seen this mostly on the light skinned caucasion women I have been with.    If ya don't believe me you can ask the hundreds of guys my ex was with.. before she finally decided that drugs and random sex were too important for marriage.   My current fiance'  happens to be a caucasion ( I say happens because really I don't care about skin color at all.. ALL women are beautiful to me) and she is so scared of this ..  Even though I have told her many times I like it.    It's not God cursing black women.  I promise.    And don't give up on love.. Most guys, the good ones, will just think it is part of what makes you.. unique.
Hi im 20 and i have the same problem of having a dark inner thighs, i cant even wear swimsuits. I dont shave but it still look dark and i also have some strectmarks on my butt, is it really because of my menstruation? My aunt told me to have a full body scrub to whiten my inner thighs is that effective?
I may be out of the ordinary but if it helps, I have always found the darker color in the areas you mentioned extremely attractive on women. You are beautiful the way you are, remember people are attracted to different things.

What you find ugly, I find beautiful. I wish you all good luck in finding happiness with yourselves.

If you check between your buts; you probably see the same darkness as well;
so this is a common problem for men and women alike
This is due to being over weight. Loose some weight and it'll go away
That actually is partially inaccurate. I didn't actually have the issue until I started losing weight. Why? Because when you're big, you don't actually lose the skin when you lose the fat. It tends to gather down stairs. Which then causes more moisture and sweat than usual coupled with fabric rubbing and irratating the skin partnered with skin on skin irratation. I actually gain more health issues losing a hundred pounds than I  actually had when I had the extra hundred pounds. I'm proud of the weight I lost but they lied when they said I would feel better. I don't not 100% I'm more self-conscious now than ever. And why put the statement so rudely. There are much better ways to address weight to someone than " Lose weight it'll go away" cause it doesn't actually go away.
Papaya soap may help.  Use it twice a day.  Keep area moisturized.  Also check out website for B&C Skin Tight products.  
Has it ever occurred to you that: You have dark creases because you are not a WHITE. On average;Latino's no matter how fair are a mix of White Spanish or Portugal decent and Black African decent; with some native brown Native "indian" thrown in . The Spanish came and conquored the Natives and when they were nearly extinct, they replaced them with the Africans. That's a historical fact.  It is in your genetic code and you will only be able to fade it temporarily.
I used to have this for many years. I also had toenail fungus.  I started to take an anti-fungal medication called Fluconazol and over the course of the year I took this medication, all of the dark skin in my thigh areas, underarms, etc, all disappeared. I told my doctor about this and he said it is indeed related to having fungus in your body.
It is related to fungus in the body (which, yes, can be related to weight, but fungus is what causes it).
use the botanical formula soap which includes lemon and vitamin C im having the same problem but exfoliating with that soap helps Ive only used it 3 times so far and i see results already im currently bleaching my skin as i type (haha) im using madre perl (mother of perl) u leave it on for an hr 3 times a week Ive heard great things so will see Im also using coco butter lotion when im done showering with the soap that helps too because all this stuff could dry out ur skin depending on ur skin type :) hope I helped
i am a guy and had similar question on why i get darker penis skin. doctor told me it was normal if i do ejaculation. its normal since you are rubbing the skin and as a result, the dark color. same as when fats between legs slides between each other when your walking or running. immediate solution to this is applying lubrication. but permanent solution is to get fit and get rid of excess fats stored on your legs
I am 15 years old, 160-165lbs. I am white but my skin "down there" is darker then my skin tone but quite a bit. My armpits aren't darker though, but I do have quite a few skin tags under my arms. Is this normal?
I have been to a gynecologist and dermatologist about this same problem. I'm a very white skin latina. I was told that this difference in color is completely normal, specially if you sweat a lot in those areas, and there really isn't anything to be done for it medicalwise. However, a cosmetologist might have better suggestions (specially if you are in the US).
Hope this helps.
Cheers!
Tretinoin cream USP or sold as Retinol A seems to provide some relief. It is basically Vitamin A. The skin gets peeled off little by little. It also makes the skin look younger. Use it at least for a month regularly everyday. Before that you should apply a swatch somewhere under your arm to test you are not allergic to it. It can also treat acne/pimples.  It cannot be used under sunlight or even under the light of a fluorescent lamp. It is UV sensitive. So cover up the area or use it during bed time. Consult a dermatologist before using. Excessive intake of Lycopene based foods like tomato ketchup, watermelon,etc can also cause skin darkening like dark circles around the eyes. Lycopene is not required for the body.  Many animals do not use them. Chlorinated water also cause general skin darkening for some exposed to sunlight.  Wash with dechlorinated water after shower or use well/river water.Skin darkening can also be caused  due to salt in the sweat around the perineum which contains chlorine. Salt is corrosive.  Shaving can also cause skin darkening. Applying coconut oil before shaving eliminates it. Waxing is better for women. Using after shave lotion directly on skin can also cause skin darkening. Always wet the face before use or simply use onetime razors and avoid after shaves.
  Wow I have always thought me obsessing about my pigmentation in those areas of my body is ocd. I was not alone. I learned more about people and accepting fact of who we are and our connection on universe as living things with all diverse creatures . I accepted myself. This someday you will see is not is not important in your life. I was my worst critic at that time.

My partner does not care. We see it natural. As some people having blonde hair' or darker like brunette.
' I embraced it and become normal
What scary is if you have cancer or **** assciated with the skin discoloration. Now you have s problem
For guys who complain about this is a really shallow guy. Things like this may bother you but it should not consumed you. I focus on some things more important staying healthy for my kids and make money. That my ladies is important.
Love yourself and be comfortable with your own skin and you find someone ad the same.
Amen

' I embraced it and become normal
Amen
An alternative (an longer lasting solution) to the treatment suggestions listed above is Fractional laser.  There is treatment a treatment called Smarted DOT Therapy which can successfully treat pigmentation.  It is performed by medical practitioners and requires around 3 treatments.  The same system also delivers a women's health treatment called MonaLisa Touch which also improves a wide range of other vaginal issues.
You have to LOSE WEIGHT!  My girlfriend I started dating (she was 19, I was a tad older ;o) and her body was tight and smooth and hot as hell.  She had just a LITTLE meat on her bones,  pleasantly plump.  PERFECT.  Years later she had a tragic thing happen to her that left her less mobile and she stopped working out  and doing things and gained a lot of weight.  I noticed over the years her private area and her inner thighs began to darken more and more and it was VERY obvious in relation to the rest of her skin color (Italian).   I myself would get boils on my body and those things are ******* PAINFUL as ****!  I found that these were do to a VITAMIN deficiancy! Because I used to be a full time power lifter and I was on tons of health supplements and ate super healthy foods at all times.  After she began donig less and less workouts and stuff so did I.  I NEVER had a boil before.  When I asked my doctor about it he said you can get them if others in your family have had them, they are genetic but to keep them from appearing you have to eat healthy.  Once I started taking multi vitamins and eating proper again I never got another one.  

Weight gain, lack of nutrition and your skin rubbing together will cause your skin in these areas to darken and get skin tags and boils.  There is no cream, or pill or magic trick that can fix this.  You have to cut out all the crap food and start exercising, Start slow and walk a few miles a a day then, start to jog a little on and off until you can run at least ONE mile.  Then work on 2 miles and if you can get to 5 miles jogging,  while eating healthy you will notice these issues going away and never coming back.   Just make sure you wear something tight like spandex to keep your skin from rubbing and getting irritated with sweat and friction.

She still has this situation,  I wish I could bring it up to her but she already has low self esteem and confidence issues.  But that's another story.
Hi, I was type1 diabetic , heavy weight and had all sort of complications and problem as mentioned by different people.
But trust my words, each and every problem has an cure. Read my words " I was Diabetic and heavy weight" .
Now I'm not at all diabetic and have lost almost 24 kg and back to normal weight.
My stretch marks from my hips, thighs and stomach has disappeared, my dark inner thighs turned to normal . Even my arm pit and back of neck regained its natural pink colour.

I also want to mention about my sweat, which use to be very smelly and I had to take shower very often in 10 hrs time in summer. Body deodorant were no help for me.  
I want to say thanks to SB SIDH from India who provided me herbal diabetes medicine, herbal medicine to flush out toxins from my body, and also medicine to reduce my weight.
I was also provided with many home remedies to help myself. I use to apply fennugreek powder on my face to clear the oily face . I use to also apply Indian goose berry powder on my back neck and arm pit . it helped me alot to regain my natural colour. If anyone happen to be in India can consult SB SIDH. His medicine are very helpfull.

WAS a TYPE 1 DIABETIC?? Not likely. Type 2 diabetes may go away with diet, exercise, and weight loss. However, keira2, Type 1 diabetes (T1D) is a very different disease. In T1D the islet cells in tge pancreas have been destroyed (virus, etc.). T1D, also know as juvenile diabetes, does NOT go away...ever. There is no cure, the onset is typically during childhood, and those affected must rely on insulin injections for the rest of their lives.
Please, dont misinform people. My son is autistic and a type 1 diabetic. When he was diagnosed at 12 yrs old, he desperately searched online, in the library, and anywhere he thought he could find a cure. He read so many claims of curing diabetes, it broke my heart.

Just a pet-peeve. T1D is awful. Its a devastating diagnosis. Then you count your blessings, hug your child and give thanks that its diabetes, and that your child can live a long, happy, healthy life. They just adapt.
I luv how u spell your name.my name is saysha too.i have no answrs for this.alit of theses questions are in need if a dr's anser.i think its natural tho
It is natural and can darken with hormone changes, like during late pregnancy.