Deciding weather or not to get my tubes tied

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

I have 3 kids (one 9yr old boy a 5yr old girl and a 2yr old girl) and I am 25 years old. I was thinking about getting my tubes tied but I don’t no if its for me or not. I no I look further down the road and I don’t want any more kids but that question is still in the back of my mind. I guess I am just asking for any input on this. With the way things are going in the world today I don’t no if it is such a good idea to bring any more kids into the world!!!!

This discussion is related to Question about getting tubes tied .
I had my tubes tied about 8 months ago -  about a year and a hald after having my 3rd child. Keep in mind that it is a very FINAL decision and I know that I went through a little touch of the blues after I did it. The other thing to keep in mind is that there is a recovery involved and you need to take it easy for minimally a few days and then no lifting for 2 weeks. When I woke up I was suprised by how bad I felt. It is much easier for your husband to have a vasectomy-a tubal ligation is a surgery... Good luck with whatever you chose I honestly have to say I regret it now:(
I had my tubes tied in April 06 after having my fourth child. Me and my husband thought it was the perfect decision at the time cause we are still young. and i was completely happy with it until about a month ago. its just like Ireland3 stated it is such a permanent decision, and if i can go back and fix it i would. cause as ur life changes and your nkids gert older pregnancy runs through your mind and i recieved the advice from an older wiser woman and gone through it and she told me take my advice you will regret it. and i was so sure no i don't want anymore kids. and here i am unhappy with the decison i made and not cause at this time i want more children but in the future i may. but the baby making factory is permently closed. i would have chosen a IUD if i knew what i know now. So really think about it. and make sure it is 100% what you want, cause even if you are 99% sure that 1% will later be the thing that messes you up!

Good Luck & Best Wishes to you!
if theres any dought in your mind even a little dont do it u need to be 100 percent sure and if your still thinking about it just forget it there are other forms of birth control that last for years.
Try an IUD instead.  They are very effective and can last for several years.  The best part is you can change your mind at any time and get it removed and your fertility will return faster than any other form of hormonal birth control.  Even if you don't like hormones there is a copper IUD that is very effective and lasts up to 10 years.
Thank you so much for all your support, it is greatly appreciated!!!!  I think I will prolly end up getting a IUD because I know I will go through the post pardom stuff and I will later regret what I did... Thanks again for all your advise!!
My doctor and family are trying to get me to have my tubes tied when I deliever in May. I have a heart condition and always have high risk pregnancies. This will be my second child. We think it is a girl, we have a son that will be five next month. I just don't know what to do. We had a IUD with after our son and that kept us from from getting pregnant for 4 years until it was removed. I just don't know. I am just not 100% sure. And I really don't want to regret it later. What should I do. I think the surgery part is scaring in too, does anyone know the risks and how hard it really is on your body. I think it is something to pray about
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
AppleBr Loreena is home driving me ... Comment
Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals