Delivery tear never repaired!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Delivery tear never repaired!

Hi all,
I had this silly "granola" GYN MD that never repaired my labial tear after delivery. She also let me go 34 hours in labor with my water broken at 35 weeks. My son had a brain hemmoroage. I mentioned it at the six week postpartum check up and the husband (husband and wife team) stated it was fine. Granted it's small but one part of it actually adhered to me and one day ripped! It has been five years of embarrassment and having discomfort. Some days it really bothers me badly. My new GYN stated she will repair it with surgery (yes, she sees the seperate skin flaps) but I am wondering if I should see someone who does these repairs all the time. I think my actual vagina needs repair b/c there is a flap of loose skin (I know gross) and it is slightly prolapsed (my opinion). So very upset by this... Will insurance cover this? Does anyone know how I find a doctor specialing in these types of repairs? I really can't put up with this much longer... Please anyone!?
Bump
You could be surprised to find out that your gyn is already qualified to do these repairs.  Ask her is she does surgeries like this.  My gyn does "pelvic floor reconstruction"  So I think if your gyn does surgery, she has done many like yours.  If you have confidence in her, and she says she can do it, then I would let her do it.   good luck
Since these problems are causing you "discomfort" your insurance would more than likely cover this. You are not doing for cosmetic reasons.  I know you are some what  but make "discomfort" the main issue here.
PMSOBX thank you for your answers it helps
I do not know why you let this happen for so long. You will be very happy when they repair it, you will feel no discomfort after like 10 days of recovery. Good luck and just trust your doctor, ask him lots of questions until you feel that he knows what he is doing. Ask the doctor why they repair you like that, what was done wrong, what does he plan to do, etc... I had 3 kids and 3 different repairs after each delivery with 3 different doctors, So I think this procedure is common to any gyn. specialist. Good luck, and do not wait, you will be glad.