Depo and antibiotics

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Depo and antibiotics

Need advice.  My niece was a week late getting her depo.  A week after that she found out she had chlamydia and took the antibiotic for it.  She has been on depo for 2 yrs.  She is now experencing syptoms (symptoms) of being pg has been since Oct.  She did a home pg test.  And she took a pg test at womens health clinic both negative.  Is it possible she is pg?
Depo can cause pregnancy like symptoms. If she was aweek late geting her shot it is possibale.
More than likley shes not pregnant I was on depo for five years and would always seem to be late for my appointment. they schedule you earlier than your suppose to have it and if she was really late she would have had to wait for her cycle to come and then get back on depo  Depo is something that stays in your system for months even years afectting your hormones
Shes ok dont worry
antibiotics don't effect depo like they do bc pills. I'm sure she's not pregnant. depo tends to mimic pregnancy symptoms.
I cannot tell you how many times I thought I was pregnant while on Depo.  At one point the doctor actually told me that more than likely I was in fact pregnant and it just was not showing up yet (I was having discharge from my breasts).  She had me come in for 4 or 5 pregnancy tests before she decided that I was in fact Not pregnant.  

Everything should be okay.  If the tests says negative, then that should be the case.  

Take care,

Amanda
I am in fact pregnant and I was on the depo! I got pregnant while being on the depo. The depo has a habbit of bringing down your HGC levels in blood and urine. I was told this by my specialist who found the baby inside me since I kept having negative HPT's and Blood work and I was still expierencing prengnacy symthoms and I was feeling movement in my stomach they did an ultrasound and found the baby. Many people believe it or not do get pregnant on the depo shot. My friend was on it for 3 years and she never missed a shot or anything and she just had a surprise of her life when her water broke and she was 2 months early with her child. Her child came out 2lbs 3 ounces. She had no symthoms and she bleed inbetween shots. Now me on the other hand I just had a son 6 months ago who was conciveved from The Birth control Pill called Yaz! You take once a month.I never missed a pill. I had my period all though out my prenancy with both of my children. It runs in my family to have your period while being pregnant. But this time I knew something was wrong when I had the symthoms and I didnt get my period! I went on the depo shot in dec. on the 11th I was due for another one March 11th 2009. I didnt get back on it. Due to having bleeding from my vagina and my rearend. It was a concern. My other friend had the same issue and the shot caused a cyst in her intestions and she couldnt go to the bathroom or anything. But Mine was due to I got pregnant on the shot!