Depo shot- Brown blood/discharge???

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Depo shot- Brown blood/discharge???

I've been on the Depo shot for over a month now, and a couple days ago this really weird.. Brown blood stuff started coming out. And like.. It's very light. Not like an actual period. And it's no where near red. It looks like blood that's been up there for a while. I'm starting to get worried because it's nowhere near turning red. The color the blood should be right? Is this even blood?? Should I go see my gyno? Or is this normal. For this stuff/discharge/blood to come out??? My boyfriend tried to have sex with me, but I don't exactly know how to tell him the reason why I told him no. I don't even know what this is!
This is breakthrough bleeding which is normal. The reason it's brown is because it is old blood that's coming out. This is very normal with taking the depo shot and can go on as long as 6 months- a year before balancing out. If you find that it's too much to deal with you may want to consider stopping it and going to the pill.
Ohkay! It's very light and it has been very light for about five days now. Should it get heavier too?
pb95, and Des_a_rae commented on Risa615's status
7 mins ago
pb95 commented on KeeLolo's status
9 mins ago
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals