Deviated Septum

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Deviated Septum

I'm not sure I'm posting in the right forum, but I thought it was worth a try.  I'm going to make this as brief as possible.  I went to a doctor complaining about headaches and not being able to breathe on the left side of my nose.  The headaches were also on the left side due to pressure from the clogged nostril.  He told me I had a deviated septum.  I scheduled surgery that day because he said he could fix my problem and make it easier to breathe.  Well he did make it easier to breathe out of the clogged side, but he moved the septum too far and now I cannot breathe out of what was my "good" side.  My headaches are worse than they were before the surgery.  The bone in my nose feels wierd and the top it off the doctor said this is all "normal."  Well it's definitely NOT normal.  It has been 7 months since the surgery and I still cannot breathe.  It takes me about a month to get an appointment and he promises nothing went wrong.  I recently saw a new doctor and he said I absolutely need surgery again to solve this issue.  I believe him, but I don't want to pay for a second surgery and I can't really afford a lawyer.  What should I do?  How should I handle this?  Should I go back to the first doctor and tell him I got a second opinion?  I am VERY confused.  I'd appreciate any and all advice.  Thank you!
Hi. I just joined this forum. I have a "prominent" deviated septum (per my CT scan) and I have a hard time breathing through my left nostril. I've never been able to breath through it 100%. I'm trying to schedule an appt with an ENT as soon as my PCP decides to give me my referral....  =). I'm hoping they will be able to help me because always have to have a bottle of Afrin. I know, I know....bad bad bad.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if you ever had surgery to fix it. And did you get the doc who messed it up to fix it?  Hope you're feeling much better now.

Wow I just saw this. Sorry it has taken me years to respond. The original doctor said he didn't mess up my nose. So even though I was in massive pain from the pressure in my head and couldn't breathe  he stands by the fact that he didn't lean my septum too far to the other side. The funny thing is I never received a bill from him for the surgery. Guilty conscience? I think so. Anyway, I had a different AMAZING Doctor fix my septum. I've been able to breathe perfectly for almost 4 years with no issues. Life is good. How're you feeling? Did you get anything resolved?
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
Sep 27
AppleBr commented on photo
Sep 27
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals