Deviated Septum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Deviated Septum

I'm not sure I'm posting in the right forum, but I thought it was worth a try.  I'm going to make this as brief as possible.  I went to a doctor complaining about headaches and not being able to breathe on the left side of my nose.  The headaches were also on the left side due to pressure from the clogged nostril.  He told me I had a deviated septum.  I scheduled surgery that day because he said he could fix my problem and make it easier to breathe.  Well he did make it easier to breathe out of the clogged side, but he moved the septum too far and now I cannot breathe out of what was my "good" side.  My headaches are worse than they were before the surgery.  The bone in my nose feels wierd and the top it off the doctor said this is all "normal."  Well it's definitely NOT normal.  It has been 7 months since the surgery and I still cannot breathe.  It takes me about a month to get an appointment and he promises nothing went wrong.  I recently saw a new doctor and he said I absolutely need surgery again to solve this issue.  I believe him, but I don't want to pay for a second surgery and I can't really afford a lawyer.  What should I do?  How should I handle this?  Should I go back to the first doctor and tell him I got a second opinion?  I am VERY confused.  I'd appreciate any and all advice.  Thank you!
Hi. I just joined this forum. I have a "prominent" deviated septum (per my CT scan) and I have a hard time breathing through my left nostril. I've never been able to breath through it 100%. I'm trying to schedule an appt with an ENT as soon as my PCP decides to give me my referral....  =). I'm hoping they will be able to help me because always have to have a bottle of Afrin. I know, I know....bad bad bad.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if you ever had surgery to fix it. And did you get the doc who messed it up to fix it?  Hope you're feeling much better now.