Diaper rash cream for yeast infection?
So last night I felt some itching on my vulva. I scratched and this morning it itched worse. I've been on my period for the past 4 days also,wearing a pad.I've been in a monogamous relationship for4 years and have unprotected sex with him(both been tested 4hiv and sti's:negative) so I remember when my daughter had these bad diaper rashes her doctor perscribed her nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide cream usp. And her diaper ras would vanish in a matter of HOURS.I mean like by the next diaper change. The doctor said it was originally an anti fungal for yeast infections. I can't see a doctor till Monday and its Saturday morning. The itching is so uncomfortable but its my only symptom. Do you think the nystatin cream will help my itching?
If it's approved for babies it's certainly not going to harm you. It might in fact help. Actually, any anti-bacterial cream would work as well. Scratching allows bacteria to attack your skin and if you stop them you'll heal pretty fast, as you noticed with your daughter. Try it, and good luck.
You could try takin probiotics they really help your good bacteria and fight off thrush. You can take 3 a day until the thrush is gone (say about 5 days) then 1 a day to keep thrush from returning. Good luck.