Did he give me herpes?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Did he give me herpes?

I'm 21 years old, I had my one and only one night stand 2 weeks ago.  I felt symptoms so I went to the gyno, got tested and the results took forever.  So 10 days after intercourse I went to the ER. In the ER the dr. diagnosed me with genital herpes from appearance. 12 days after my test the gyno called and said it was HSV1.
Before I told the kid what he did to me and I was going through the symptoms, I asked if he had an STD.  He admitted to me that less than a month ago he had chlamydia and was treated.  
Once I got diagnosed I told the kid what he did to me.  3 days after I told him, he claimed he got a blood test and he was clean. So how do my results take weeks and his take less than 48 hours? Even if blood is quicker than a culture I think less than 48 hours in not believable.

I am not a sexually promiscuous girl.  That was only my 4th person, he was the first guy to perform oral on me, and I hadn't had sex for 10 months prior to him. The only time I ever had unprotected sex was 5 years ago with a boyfriend, and I never tested positive for an STD on any of my pap smears except the one I just took. During this sexual encounter the condom broke and he still tried to have sex with me so our genitals did touch and then once I realized he was trying to continue I ran out.  

I told my family the whole story and they are convinced it's this kid who did this to me and I am too, but I keep second guessing that what if he is actually telling the truth and not just trying to save his reputation.
So I never had HSV-1 symptoms before this and 2 days after I slept with him I started experiencing the OB.  

Does anyone think he could be telling the truth? Or are my symptoms and facts too strong and you think it must be him?