Did you feel like you were getting your period when you were really pre...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Did you feel like you were getting your period when you were really pregnant?

(I know that I asked this question in another post, but I thought I'd start a seperate thread.)

:)
Just about everyone does. And vice versa--many people feel like they are pregnant when they are about to get there period.  
yeah..I thought I was going to get my period: cramps, bloating, swollen breast, etc...but I have not gotten my period yet..Maybe this is both our months..Good luck to you too! :0
Peek is right on.  I concur w/her.
Yup, that`s right. It is almost like a menstrual cycle is the exercise for pregnancy and childbirth. PMS, pregnancy - very similar. I just wonder whether menopause will feel like that, too, with no end in sight....
Oh, God, no!! Please don't say that!  Surely it can't be!!
I sure hope not either...I will check the menopause forum in a minute because I almost scared myself...
yup! I thought for sure I was getting mine because I have cramps so bad!! Well it never came. I tested 4 days later and now I am 17 weeks.
Absolutely!  I was convinced i was going to start mine.  My husband and i had been trying but i was so sure i was going to start AF i didnt even test untill i was seven weeks pregnant.
Yep. I totally thought AF was coming, and I just took an HPT the morning I was due just to check, and it was positive. For me, it was like AF symptoms times ten...especially with the emotional part.
I know the feeling I have cramps for 8 weeks now no period . I did not test yet , but I'm already showing. only one day I felt like someone kick me in the back. I fainted, just a little clear pink blood came and that it . Justcramps bloating and very sore nipples, ugly marks on my belly. I think I'm ready for a test.. I was not sure until my husband told me he pretendted to use a condom..
with my first pregnancy it felt like AF was about to come but i was so caught up in work i didnt even realize that i missed AF. I found out Jan. 21st 2006 that i was already 6 weeks 6 days pregnant!! me and my husband were trying then when we had no luck i just spent all my time on work and not trying and BAM!! two months later we find out were going to be having a baby!! we are trying for number 2 now cause we want our kids close in age, and so far i am a month and a half late and i just started having some pretty bad cramps today. i have already taken 5 hpts and one pregnancy test at the doctors office and all came up negitive, but i am feeling like im pregnant so we will see!!
Yep!
Yes, my husband and I are in the 'not-quite-trying' (but certainly not preventing stage).... I was due on the 22nd but haven't started yet.  Took a test on Monday, negative, but I didn't think much of it because I feel like I normally do when AF starts... guess maybe I should let myself start wondering .... (too early to get excited, obviously)
My period is 5 days late. I've been convinced that I am going to start, but every time I run to the bathroom... Nothing. My breasts are very swollen, I'm exhausted, light headed, mild headaches, body aches, and cramps. My PMS normally runs the same w/ minor cramps, headaches, and kind of swollen breasts, but this time it's like a whole new wave length of symptoms. I have a 2-yr old son, so I've been pregnant before, and I vaguely remember having the sensation of going to start, but actually being pregnant. I took a test yesterday and it was negative, but when I woke up this morning still nothing. I am really confused and I have to say that I am an emotional wreck, I cried at a hallmark commercial this morning, which is rediculous. Is this really bad PMS or could I be pregnant? How long should I wait to take another test?
you could be having a miscarriage, go to a doctor to make sure.