Difference between Endometriosis and Endometrioma?
Here's my timeline:
- C-section in July of 1995
- Found a mass in right lower abdomen approx. 2 1/2 yrs. ago; pain grew over time w/ mass
- Painful menstration and ovulation (HEAVY w/ bad cramps; worsening every cycle)
- Over the course of 2 years, saw family pract., internist, hernia specialist, ob/gyn, yada yada yada... Each passed me down the line to the next one with NO answers
- Visited several E.R.'s and had every test known to man, still NO answers. (Walk into a hospital and tell them you have a mass in your abdomen and they'll look at you like you're NUTS!!!)I was told in so many words that it was psychosis(sp?).
- Pain continued to worsen, bills and co-pay's stacked up and still nothing more than a horrible thing growing in my belly causing me grief!
- Went to E.R. for 100th time with severe pain and was lucky enough to be examined by a dr. who had seen my condition before; he diagnosed it as an endometrioma. He explained it to be a possible surgical error at the time of my c-section.
- Referred to general surgeon for surgery
- Right abdominal mass excised on 01/12/07; still haven't had much explained
- Today.... OUCH! I've been beaten with a steel pole! Or so it seems.
Any insight on my novel is very much appreciated. Is there a difference between endometriosis and endometrioma? Could this be a result of surgical error? What is my recovery time on this surgery? Am I still at risk of future complications, etc.... Please help!
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.