Difference:pms and pregnancy symptoms
Hi! My question is how can we differentiate pregnancy and pms symptoms?Every month i have symptoms like breast tenderness,tiredness,digestive problems,bloating and twinges in lower abdomen for about a week prior to my period.All of these symptoms resemble early pregnancy symptoms.Since i have been ttc,it becomes very difficult for me to understand during the two week wait.Kindly share your opinions.
There's actually not a great deal of difference in early pregnancy except that the symptoms of pms usually go away when AF arrives or just before/after. Whereas pregnancy symptoms not only continue but increase in intensity. Hope this helps and good luck with finding out!
God I had the same question! I usually have pms a week before my period.  I was due yesterday for my period and have not had any pms and I'm a few days late! So I still wonder what symptoms I should be looking for...
For me, there was no difference.  If you are one of the people who is not gifted by Mom's genes to get morning sickness, you probably won't have any different signals.  I had IVF so I KNEW when there were embryos inside me and when they should be implanting, and I still couldn't tell during the 2ww either that I was pregnant or that I was not.  Lower body cramps, etc. were all the same.  I remember being really surprised to get an HPT that was positive, and wouldn't have been so surprised if I had known through my female intuition that the IVF had worked.  That said, some ladies  do say they just knew.
Great, then I guess I'll wait another week to test if I don't get af first! Sooo confusing...
oh, you'll know. It a different kinds sick feelin. or at least it was for me. I have cramps really bad. I didn't with the pg.'s. plus, I could just tell. I felt it. Good luck ttc!!
Thanks for your comments ladies.I am due for af tomorrow and have all pms symptoms.I hope its a pregnancy this month.Anyways i am ready even if af shows up bcoz it would then give me a new cycle for ttc.Good luck to u aisham.....keep us posted.
i am going thru the same thing.  i am on day 16 of embryo transfer and due to take blood test on day 18 friday.  i am on my 3rd ivf try, this time the best results for me, i am a low responder, they transfered 4 embryos on 12/21.  i have been extremely tired, some foods i have put in front of me and start to eat and have to stop because the taste makes me nauseated and these are foods i have eaten before, my breast were tender but that is not as noticeable, and i am feel more cramping, more urination, lower back pain, and my husband says i have a different overall scent, but i was bad an took an at home test a few days ago and i guess the test worked but the line was so faint i could barely see it and had to hold it up to the light just to read it, but it said negative.  i spoke with my nurse and she said it may or not be the case because i did it early, but i am not buying that.  plus, i would think i would have that female intution...that i would know.  if anyone has any thoughts please comment or email me at Katherine_Anderson***@****  i am so anxious and worried and sad that i cant think straight
oh gosh.. i am so confused between PMS and pregnancy symptoms.. are they similar? Coz i usually tend to look bloated, feel tired and have a larger appetite prior to PMS. Lately, I have been very very moody.. in fact, i cry at the slightest issue. I'm not sure if this time round is pregnancy symptoms.. I do hope it is. Have been waiting for good news.. my menses is due this week.. I pray and hope I will not get my menses.. wish me luck!
I know, I can't tell the difference between PMS and early pregnancy symptoms either.  I was very bloated, eating less, nauseous and tired for the last two weeks, which I normally get one week before my AF, but not two weeks.  I was 6 days late until yesterday I had a little light colored bleeding when I wiped, which lasted through out the day, but only when I wiped (so it was not flowing) and today not much at all.  However, I don't have any of the symptoms anymore (sore breasts) but I am a bit nauseous (not as much).  Maybe it's all in my head, but this is crazy and frustrating because I am never never never late more than 32 days (my cycle is normally 28 to 31 days).  I have a doc's appointment next week, so we'll see then.  I know exactly how you feel!  Take care.
Ok, thanks to Google I know I am not alone!  I feel like a crazy person running to the bathroom every hour checking for AF.  I too seem to be feeling symptoms of PMS bloating, tiredness, cramping. My breasts seem fine though.  I keep reading that a lot of people get that but mine seem to be fine.  I am feeling rather lightheaded and have had some heartburn that I don’t usually ever experience.   I just wish there was some kind of sign that would just let you know.  As if the 2 week wait from ovulation isn’t torture enough your body sends off mixed signals.  I am pretty irregular so I am going to wait another few days before dashing off to get a test but fingers crossed this is it!
Good luck to all who are  ttc.I know how you feel...I have a 9 year old son and have been trying for another child for about 7 years. After some fertility treatments I misscarried at 9 weeks in Dec.07.I have always had irregular cycles.After the mc I had reg visits from af in jan-feb- missed march she was back in april and missed may.Then I thought she was comin on june 3rd...all i got was a little discoloration and 2 bright red spots and she was gone.Now it is the 25th of june and in the in the last two weeks I have had some nausea and breast soreness.The last couple of days I have had some mild cramps lower back and legs aches. I've had almost like a watery fluid dicharge for a few weeks.I'm not sleeping to well at night. I was crying last night for no reason.I want to get pregnant again but the trauma from the misscarriage still haunts me.What do you think could I be pregnant.I got preg. the first time after just a couple of spots do you think that could have happened this time...Thanks, Candika
Wow, i feel so much better reading all of your stories. Every month I get my hopes up so high...... and when my period comes, i get so frustrated with my body. (Which of course is the wrong energy to have). I too am having sore bbs, (which I have been every month since ttc), severe moodiness, light headedness and tired. mild cramps. I'm taking a test thursday if still no period.
I have been having crazy dreams about babies and breastfeeding, which makes me wake up craving a child even more. It's amazing how in our society we're taught that if you work hard at something you will get what you want. This is one of the only times where that is simply not the case. I try to just have faith in the universe, that my time will come.
Good luck to all of you
- michaela
Hi Candika here...Well af  teased me again this month.It was around the same time as last month,just a couple of red dots but never showed up.I still have all the same symptoms,I am gonna do another pt maybe this weekend.Wait and see I guess...I am so frustrated!
UGHH!
I've been lookin for somewhere to just vent my total confusion. I mean during my period my breasts usually hurt but, now it just seems worse...or maybe just different. But i have been eating so much but not just to eat like i do on my period it's like i digest my food to quickly. I havn't had issues with nausea oddly enough, becuase I have a usually irritable stomach,but  I did notice when I went with my BF to a convention that I could smell everything... it was so strange it was like (as my BF told me) I hit a wall, and I would cringe at a scent....someones garlic fries, or perfume...or just people.

The smell thing was what kinda got me to thinking...uh oh what if? So I thought about it over and over...I haven't been more tired than usual but I  work a midnight shift there for I'm usually always tired, you know?

So my breast still hurting for more than a week now (usually it doesn't last that long) I bought a PT knowing that my period is not till next week, I felt SO strongly about being pregnant that I took it anyway....negative of course.

But what I just wanted to know, is there anyone who has had the same feeling or symptoms as me? You know, Do you think intuition is constitutable? I've just had some very light cramps...I thought it was a lttle early for that.

Oh yeah i failed to mention that My BF and I don't have alot of unprotected sex...just sometimes, but we use the "pull out" method and I'm not sure how much that would lower my risk of actually being pregnant.

UGhhh please help

SEI
SEI,

I have been having similar symptoms. For about a week I have noticed fuller breasts (more so than when I have PMS) and a continuous mild cramping. These symptoms came on a bit early in my cycle -- my normal PMS symptoms  tend to occur 3 days or so before my period and I'm not due to have my period until the 21st. I haven't experienced any nasuea or vomitting, though. My mood is also pretty stable.

I wonder if any mothers out there felt similarly early in their pregnancies? Since my symtoms came on earlier than my normal PMS symptoms, could this suggest pregnancy?

Thanks!
Goddness im about to go nuts, im ttc and i dont know if its pms or if im acutally pregnant, ive had one baby before and had absolutely no clue what so ever that i was pregnant i was about a month along and my friend told me to take a test cause she thought that i was and sure enough i was, but this time i feel like i should know cause i know the symtoms but there so similar to pms i dont know if im just wanting to be pregnant so bad that im imaging it but i really feel pregnant, bloating tired,smelling everything etc.....i have irregular periods so its not my first sign so im going to wait about a week a take a test cause i feel like i should be having a period soon if im not pregnant, who knows maybe im not going crazy lol
I am 38 ttc # 3 my kids are 20, 11  I always dreamed of having the perfect situation to have a baby I have the most amazing partner he never had kids and I can tell that he drulls when he sees one I am  ttc for 8 months now..I am two days late now ....having pms symptoms but my boobs hurt more than ever I totally understand how you feel.
I really want this baby for him..  I am going crazy too!
Good Luck.  Check in by next week!
LOTS OF BABY DUST TO ALL OF YOU!
I've only been trying for a few months, we waited until we were ready and now we just want to go go go! The 1st month was agonising and I imagined most early pregancy signs - nausea, breast tenderness, moddiness and then it was just PMS!!!!  I tested about 6 times!!!!! This month Im trying to be more chilled about it (as much as you can) and try not to worry or stress as it just makes me blue!  But here I am scouring the websites on PMT virsus pregnancy signs (they're the same!) How annoying.
I think this will get easier... Ive told myself to give it 6mths, if we still haven't concieved I know Ill be very low.  But I have a wonderful hubby and life so chin up ladies.
I also keep dreaming of babies and breast feeding, so it's definately in our sub-concious............. fingers crossed for all.
Just remember to keep strong girlies x
Just found out this morning that I'm 2 weeks pregnant, the biggest give away is definately bigger and very sore boobs!  Good luck everyone. x
I have been trying for about a year and alwas get my hopes up evry month,I become angry when my AF arrives..I have had an ovulation test as well and it came back positive.I've have no cervical mucus to show whether im ovulating or not.Good luck to all ttc out there
Im in the same boat ladies here i am waiting! P-Day is tommorrow for me!!! Im biting my nails. Ive taking 2 preg test one 3 days ago and one 8 days ago both neg! My boobs are in so much pain!!!!! Now its all a big waiting game! Write back tommorrow!!!!  Atlanta mommie
We have been ttc for 16 months now and Husband had Acupunture to improve his count which we have now found out through having another sperm test that it worked! But for 2 weeks now my boobs have grown and not fitting into many bras and they can be really really painful, sometimes I get tingling there as well.  I have been craving chocolate more than normal and boy am I moody!! lol I know its very likely that AF will arrive but can't help but wonder 'what if. ' I'm expecting AF tomorrow and really don't want that to happen. took 2 hpt 2 days ago and today obviously both negative so feel a bit depressed....suppose I just want to get this off my chest and have a rant! but please keep fingers crossed that my AF does not come tomorrow and lots of baby dust to everyone.

Lucy xx
Too late, AF did come to visit in the end!!! I feel so sad yet determined again for next ovulation....Here we go again!! (sigh)

x
HI all,

So I am new at this baby stuff and I am in the same PMS/Preg boat. Flow is due to arrive on Monday. My hubby and I literally just started trying this month. I have been taking my temp with a basal therm and Im not sure if Im even doing that properly. I jumped the gun and took a couple tests already cuz someone told me if the preg hormones are there, they'll show up on a test right away. Needless to say both were negative. But as I sit here typing, Im super nauseas, my boobs are sore and Im an emotional wreck. However typical of AF. Whlie our bodies are incredibly wonderful and complex, why the hell do these 2 things have to be so similar?

Don't know what my objective is while I am typing this, but Im a bit frustrated and just wanted to let it out. Im happy to see a lot of ladies go thru this!

Thnx,
J
HI All,
I've been married 10years and ttc for 7years. This is the first time I am writing this info in cyberspace- so here I go:o)  ..My husband and I went to see fertility specialist 4years ago- (it took 3years to convince my hubby to see the doctor) we found out that I was ok, but my husband had a condition called "Varicocele" DEF: Varicocele is an abnormal enlargement of the [vein] that is in the scrotum draining the testicles.
This condition caused his scrotum to be consistently over heated- it kills, deforms or drastically slows down 95% of his sperm. So out of 60million sperm aprox 5mil would be good viable sperm.
To make a long story short -the dr suggested surgery to correct the problem. My husband had surgery in 2006 and then again in 2008- The surgery’s made our infertility problems worse because it didn't fix the Varicocele and his sperm count decreased.
We don't have money for IVF's but we did try the IUI (Intra-uterine insemination) this is way cheaper than IVF- We have tried it 4X so far with no luck- actually the doctor didn't give us a lot of hope- because the amount of sperm that was inseminated was 1million each IUI and there is usually successes if the amounts for the IUI are 10mil or more. Ok to make to story short again.
I decided to take a break in March 09 and not do an  IUI for this Ovulation cycle- instead I bought my husband lots of vitamins- Vitamin C, E, fish oils, zinc etc. I take some too;). I'm also praying for a miracle- "Please Lord"
My husband and I are born again believers- we believe that God can do anything. If you look at our situation naturally- there isn't a lot of hope- we certainly don’t get a lot of hope from our doctors- we usually leave feeling discouraged after the IUI- They let me know they think it will work- only by miracle- of course they suggest doing IVF- But we don’t have the finances at this time.
I go though my emotional ups and downs- wondering if I was meant to be a mother or not? Praying sometimes for God to take that yearning for a child out of my heart- “ Dear Lord, If I’m not meant to have children please take this yearing out of my heart.” Sometimes, I also have hope-- believing that we will have children- when the right time comes-God knows the exact time/day/year- I just wish I also knew:o)
.  . My hubby doesn’t have the ups and downs- He just believes that we will be parents someday.  
I recently turned 30years old and my hubby is 31.
** Ok so today is 10days past ovulation. I feel a little nauseated, I have lower back pain, moodiness, sore bb's and light cramping- this all started 3days ago- I also had light spotting 3days. every hour I run the restroom to check for AF. AF is always ontime- she visits every 28days- About 2 times each year something happens and she is late- maybe 1-5days and if I’m late one month then the next month she makes up for it and comes early. Isn’t she wonderful- she is a monthly reminder that I’m not pg:o(
AF is scheduled to arrive in 2days- Oh gosh I really don't want her to come!!!. I usually feel these symptoms a couple days before AF so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I hope this is finally the time for me to get my hearts desire** I pray that God blesses all of you out there in cyberspace. I pray that He gives you your hearts desire.. I'll let you know in a couple days if I finally get my hearts desire.
- Patiently waiting. NR
Hi All,

This is my first time to this site....I have been trying to get pregnant for some time now...but i should say seriously for the past 6 months...man..it is one big..challenging project........every month the week before ur periods is so challenging ...that it gets stressful to both me and my husband ...my periods is due on May 1...and I am in the same situation as every other month....no pregnancy symptoms...no PMS symptoms too......i just want to get pregnant.....all my friends are trying for their second child now....and it is becoming tough day by day.......i am trying hard to stay positive coz that's the only thing that will help...anyways...it felt good to just share my thoughts here..
Hi ladies,
My heart is hopeful after hearing all your stories out. I am ttc only for the past 2 months. I have never felt nausea as PMS before and it has been happening ever snice these 2 months that i am ttc! I dont know what to do. Its painful to see negative test on HPT and then to have nausea that i have never had before. I am due for AF next week and feeling nauseous and irritated! I dont know why this has to be soo difficult. Its women with more thqan 2 kids all around me and that makes me wonder what is it that GOD doesnt like about me????
Increased gas, cramping for almost a full month and I only get cramps about an hour or two prior to AF. Had massive cm, thought i was starting my period, but it was a clear, thin mucus. Now the mucus is still there, but not as much. CP is low and soft. Bloated beyond belief, heartburn too. What gives!! Expect AF in 6 days...when can I test?
Hello Ladies! Thank you for being so open and sharing these things. I know that all might not have the same view, but I just wanted to hopefully bring encouragement that has come to me.

My husband and I have been married for almost 2 years and no children yet and we do not use birth control. I have been comforted by God and although every month is a challenge and the wondering and waiting process is sometimes emotionally wearing, I hope to have learned more that God is in control, afterall He created the first man and woman enabled them to multiply and fill the earth. Trust in God. He will bring a child in his timing. Spend time learning about being a mother and enjoy time with your husbands before children come and use time also to prepare together. Spend time also helping other women around you that have children. I have been encouraged by so many women and seeing how they care for their children. They too have been encouraged and they really apprieciate the help - whether it is being a listener and someone to talk to have a "real" conversation with when they are at home with their children all day or going on an outing with them or helping them around the house. Being around other people's children brings joy and happiness that we crave as women and wanting to be a mother, even when the children are not ours. And keep praying and hoping. Continue to enjoy life, no matter what the circumstances are!

Sincerely, another woman longing for a child, in God's timing!!! :0)
P.S. I wanted to aslo share my current status. I started my period on April 7th. In May had light bleeding on the 1st and full flow on the 2nd. As of today, June 7th, I have not started.

I have been wondering what is going on. I'm thinking I'm just getting back on track or it's one of those longer months (but I am usually pretty regualar) between 27 and 30 with a few off months of as early as 24 or as late as 34). Anyway, about 3 weeks ago I began to feel PMS symptoms, swelling, bloating, constipation. I also began to break out which usually occurs 1 week or so before. Since Sat. May 30th, I have been experiencing cramping that usually comes later in the day and lasts a couple seconds. These cramps have been constant since the 30th. Also, my skin has cleared up. I have also been pretty tired and especially today with a slight headache. So it almost feels like I'm on my period without the bleeding part?  

I decided to wait it out this week and see what happens. I'm glad to see other women experience similar symptoms and am trying to not worry or think that it is something bad. I will be thankful if I am pregnant and want to know! It is so hard to practice patience sometimes. :) I figure if I don't start by the 12th maybe I'll get a test done? How does that sound? I'll post an update.  Thanks for reading this :)
It is very reassuring to read that most women have the same frustrations, and maddening that period and early pregnancy symptoms are similar--AH! We have been TTC for almost two years and I started charting my BBT exactly one year ago (FAM). Although it's nice to know why and what your body temp means it is also upsetting to watch it drop at the end of my cycle, every month so far. We started seeing a fertility specialist 4 months ago, on Clomid #4 and IUI #2, both of which are very emotional for me (bad side effects!). We really thought the IUI would do the trick as my husbands sperm and motility are unusually high (of course! ;). However, I am 40 going on 41 so my doc just thinks my egg quantity is low. I can't help but think there is something else wrong even though i always get good test results and my doc continually says that there is nothing to be discouraged about (??!!). Well, I am discouraged, doc, and frustrated, and confused b/c each month I have tender breasts, cramping, etc. a few days before AF but this month I also have had a dull pulling pain on the left side for 5 days now. Against my doctors wishes I did a HPT on 10 DPO which was negative, so I may test again tomorrow but I'm scared to see the results. We desperately want a child and I'm worried that my time is just ticking away and, even as I write this, I wonder when or if it will happen. I really do try to have a positive outlook each month but I also feel helpless. I know I'm not alone so good luck to all!
Hi all,

Thanks for sharing all your stories.  I am new to this site.

I have been married for 2 years and recently my husband and I decided to try for a baby.  I came off the pill at the beginning of July which I have been on for about 5 years.

The period I would get whilst on the pill would be pretty much a breeze.

Now I know that I never used to get much PMS - only a bit of cramping either the day before or on the same day as my period which used to be quite bad.

This last week I have had lower back pain, been feeling constantly hungry but feeling sick other times, a metallic taste in my mouth which comes and goes, a bit of cramping which again, comes and goes as well as over the last couple of days needing to use the toilet a lot more.  Yesterday I also ranged from feeling sad and depressed to happy to crying at a couple who seemed so happy together on Relocation Relocation!!!!  I have never experienced this before.

I too was told that if the hormones are there they would show up on a pregnancy test but of course it was negative.  I'm guessing that my period would be due in about 1 - 2 weeks as I never charted when I was due (I used to be regular) but of course coming off the pill I guess it would be slightly different.

The doctor told me that it could be 6 months before I fall pregnant but I can't help wondering "what if".  I'm going on the basis that I never had PMS symptoms before the pill but then I wonder if coming off the Pill can increase the symptoms?  I feel so confused and would just like to know but it feels agonising to wait at least another week before I take a test.

Wish me luck girls, and lots and lots of baby dust to everyone else!!!
Sorry it has taken me so long to write an update. Last I wrote I was going to wait until about the 12th of June to test. Well, my husband and I did wait. We got a home pregnancy test from a friend and tested early am. It came out positive!!! We were very happy. My husband said, "I knew you were pregnant!" :0) We are very thankful. Since then, we are in our 14th week. I did not experience morning sickness. Thank God!!! But I did experience much fatigue. I'm getting more energy now that I am in the beginning of the second trimester. We have had a couple of Dr's appts and also trying to get as much education we can about all our options, including a home birth :0) It was a long wait to get to this point but I know it was perfect timing. We saw our little one in an ultrasound for the first time yesterday! So amazing!

Who knows if it's the timely combination of gloomy weather, raging hormones, the week-long wait to find out if I'm getting my monthly period or not, but reading all your posts made me weep in front of the computer. It may sound silly to a 20-something, but since I have an inkling that you're all at least in your 30s, you might understand my reason for bawling.

When I was younger, the last thing I wanted was to have a bun in the oven. Now that I'm two years shy of 40, getting pregnant seems to be my greatest desire. When I was 35 and in a new relationship, I "accidentally" got pregnant. At first I was angry and scared because I was at the height of my career. (We didn't even know when we conceived the baby!) The idea of carrying one in my belly for 9 months seemed like a hindrance to my goals. But after a month I began spotting and went for an ultrasound. What happened next hit me like a ton of bricks. My doctor told me that I had a blighted ovum. There was no baby formed but my body still thought I was pregnant. I had to undergo a D&C procedure the following day. I found myself crying my eyes out in front of my doctor and her assistant in that dimly lit ultrasound room. It's weird that after all that anger earlier, I realized I was okay with being pregnant... and that I wanted to be a mom after all. But I only realized it after I lost the chance. My doctor said that since it was my first time to get pregnant it was early to tell if the blighted ovum problem will crop up again. Getting myself tested at the time was too much for me to handle.

Now that I'm married, I'm trying my best to put that horribly depressing experience behind me. My hubby and I want to try going about getting pregnant "the natural way". We put my career on hold so I can relax and produce good quality eggs. I must admit though that we haven't seen a fertility doctor, haven't taken any tests, and aren't considering IVF yet. We only rely on advice from friends and do research online.

Like all of you, I have experienced symptoms that left me baffled this month. I don't know if I'm having PMS or if I'm in the stages of early pregnancy. I know my body very well. I usually feel tenderness in my breasts, mild cramping and back ache, and get a couple of zits a week before my period. What's different this month is that I'm really breaking out-- face and upper back. For days my breasts not only felt sore-- it was like they wanted to double in size and burst. The description may sound funny but ladies, it hurt. At the back of my mind I keep wondering, "Am I pregnant?" But at the same time, I'm holding back any form of excitement for fear that I'd be proven wrong. Today however (about 6 days before my last chance to get my period this month-- my body suddenly switched to having irregular periods in my late 30s so it's difficult to chart when my flow will begin) the soreness in my breasts ceased. I've also started spotting, but it looks watery-- not the usual appearance when a woman spots (which is dense and dark in color before Day 1 of her menstruation). So now I'm going, "What's happening?!" I sorta wish the days would go faster so I can finally use that home pregnancy kit that's been sitting on the shelf for a couple of weeks.

My point in sharing my story is: despite our different experiences, we all have a common wish. And I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling emotional about this. I know I could've decided to have a baby earlier in life but I don't have a desire to change my past. I'm not the religious type but I believe that all of us here who have contributed to this thread are good people. All we want is the most honorable privilege of bearing children and raise them to be good individuals. Now who wouldn't grant a wish as wonderful as that? May we all get that POSITIVE result.  ;-)

Hi everyone, I'm in the same boat most of you were. I'd really like to know who ended up pregnant, as I'm coming up on the end of the 2ww. I thought I had pregnancy symptoms but now i think it may all be in my head as I don't really have sore bbs. Has anyone been pregnant without sore bbs as an early sign? AF is due today, fingers crossed!
i am having the same problems. af isnt due for 2 weeks, very sore boobs, mild cramps, eating alot, more tired, frequent headaches. but i always get my hopes up and then it comes. uhh i wish i would know!
I am on month 7 of ttc and it was very dissapointing at first, not getting that positive result. Now, I just try to remain positive and keep telling myself that my time will come. I have done all the blood work to and even an ultra sound last month to let me know when I would ovulate. Now on month 7 , af is due in 5 days. At this time in my cycle, I usually horrible pms symptoms; very irritable, mild to medium cramps, moody, sensitive and very very tender breasts (every now and then the soar breasts don't come every cycle). This month at 5 days away , I have no symptoms except mild pms like cramping that I normally get prior to af, and always wanting to eat, and very thirsty. I try not to analyse every little thing my body does but as you all know it is very hard. So now I wait but am not stressed, I don't always always have the excact pms symptoms so it really is hard sometimes to tell them apart but truly this time is a tad different. I have just been so discouraged from doing all the right things the last 6 months but I am learning it is not as easy as people think ttc. I had an abortion at age 25 , 10 years ago. It's funny how it easy to happen when you don't want it to. Back to being positive. Thanks all for the good reads. It is comforting to know I'm not alone.
hey everyone whos TTC.
   im in the same boat. this is only my first month so i know its no big deal but with my son we got lucky our first try. phew right. i know im over annalizing stuff but i did notice my nipples darker the other day. they are usually very light colored. im due for AF between tomorrow and saturday. . im getting a test tomorrow any way it cant hurt to be prepared for future months. if we are not lucky this month. but with Gabriel my first son we Baby danced for 2 weeks straight 2-4 times a day! on my period date. i hate the WORST  cramping ever like ever so bad i was curled up on my bed crying. not to mention the dissapointment of  thinking i was going to get AF they hurt. next day no AF   no Af in march either. so i starting wondering why my test we neg. all of them even the ones at the drs were neg.  i started to get really bad sharp pains in my va jay jay and surounding area. april 5th they just got way  way way to bad.  like woke me up during sleeping. at 2 am. and were so bad till 6 am!  went to the er. they did blood and lord behold i was 7 weeks pregnant!  other then the horrible cramps nothing really my boobs grew a size but they didnt hurt. no more cramping no other signs at all. wasnt peeing more no moods. so what im saying is signs are not always there  they werent for me then. and HPT are pieces of **** for me lol. i only trust blood now. best of luck everyone.
I just wanted to say that reading all the comments have comforted me in that I know I'm not alone. I was pregnant last September and experienced a miscarriage. I was very depressed but found comfort in my wedding plans. Well, I was married in August and since the honeymoon of course we have been trying again. The hard part is in Sept and Oct I have had nausea, breast tendernes, extreme fatigue, and mood swings. Of course I had my hopes up but for 2 months it was negative. I'm still trying but it is killing me every month to wait and be disapointed. What makes it worse is that everyone around me is pregnant, 6 cousins and 3 co-workers. While I am happy for them it still makes me sad because I feel like what's wrong with me. Everyone tells me to be thankful that I already have a child but that doesn't make the yearning for another one better. My husband doesn't have any biological children and he is a great step-father. I pray that God will answer my prayers and though I'm trying to be strong I feel myself giving up little by little evry month because the dissapointment is painful. I hope that all of you do concieve and deliver healthy beautiful babies. Thanks for letting express my thoughts to women who are in similar situations, it helps to know someone out their understands!  
I've been reading everyone's comments and they've brought me comfort. I'm 38 and my husband and I have been TTC for over two years. Actually, I was pregnant earlier this year but it ended up being ectopic. My hubby and I have been trying again since May. My PMS symptoms have been changing over the past few months. At first it started with tenderness is my right breast, which is very unusual for me. This month both breasts are tender to the touch. Last night I couldn't lie on my stomach because it felt like my right breast was being pushed back into my chest and it hurt badly. I've been having mild cramping since after my o date, and my stomach was upset today after eating a light salad.

AF is supposed to arrive in four days. I'm almost to the point of giving up, but since I was "pregnant" before, I believe it can happen again. I just have to have faith.

I wish you all sticky babydust and angels of your very own!
Hi I am new to your site but am finding comfort that I am not the only one. It seems rediculous, my pms symptoms start the day my LH surge begins, so needless to say I suffer 2 weeks of every month. My breasts get so tender they cannot be touched and swollen and cramps, crying is normal, oddly my left heel always hurts. Anyway I am 28 and have been TTC for about 7 months and even though I get nausea and think I am the TEST IS ALWAYS NEGATIVE!!! It is very emotional. My cycle is very regular and I use home LH testing strips and procuce the hormone on CD 15 every month just seems the time is not right yet. My mense is expected on the 9th so I guess we'll see. I am tired of wasting the money on hp tests because I can never wait until my mense is actually late!!! Well good luck to all and I will keep you all posted. Thanks for letting me vent...
Hey there everyone! I am so glad that I am not the only baby crazy one out there...my husband and I have been trying to conceive for only a couple of months now but since our first child was a surprise, just feeling the disappointment when I get my period is tougher than I thought it would be. Divateachermom I know how you feel when everyone tells you to be thankful for the child you have because I have been getting the same thing, but my heart still aches for another baby. And now it is really hard just to find time to have sex to make a baby with me and my husband both working and caring for a toddler, so I feel like that decreases our chances even more. Also it seems like once you want to be pregnant everyone around you is! Soooo frustrating! Anyway I know with my first child it took me longer to suspect that I was pregnant because I just kept feeling like my period was going to come, so I'm trying not to over analyze every little symptom but it's really hard...its due in 7 days and the breast tenderness and bloating are here, praying that its from a new little one; and if its not praying that I'll have the strength to just keep trying! Baby dust to all girls! Good Luck!
Hi everyone, I thought I would give this a try in getting some advice and information. I have regular periods 30 day cycles. My last period was on Nov 4th and I usually always wake up in the morning with it. Well, today is Dec 4th (well technically Dec 5th now) and I haven't gotten AF yet. I usually have the same symptoms every month around the same times, but this month it is a little off. PMS symptoms consist of me being bloated all around  my body the week before and breasts are tender, then 1 or 2 days before I should get AF Ill get cramps, pretty bad ones. I usually will get emotional and just eat whatever and feel like being a bum sometimes. Well this month, Nov 24, Nov 25, and Nov 26 I noticed some light bleeding, pinkish color just when I would wipe. Nothing on a pad or on underwear...then it stopped. During those 3 days I had slight aches mostly by my left hip bone and then over the next few days i started getting slight aches in my lower abdomin. Nothing painful or sharp, just kind of annoying ache and cramping. Im feeling bloated but it seems more just in the front. My sides actually dont go over my jeans this month, which is nice. I have been eating, but unlike eating just whatever like I ususally do...I will crave something and want that and only that to eat. First time happened to be for Chinese, didnt think much of it...then I wanted wings...then nachoes...and then a spinach salad and fruit salad. Just not usually me. Ive been way more tired then usual and back and legs are hurting. Have been getting light headed and dizzy and some headaches. Been REALLY moody, Ill go from being so upset crying to being mad and hating things, to like having not emotions. Like to the Extremes. Since Nov 24 is when I first noticed it that my body temp was high. Im usually freezing and Ive actaully been warm. Temp have been 100.4 or so for the past week and a half. Just using a regular thrmometer though. My breast just got sore yesterday, but instead of all over, they are just really sore by my armpit and the outside. I see no darkening of the nipple. Took a PT today but it was negative...and was told to wait a week if AF doesnt come and try it again. I have only gotten sick 4 times so far, twice at night, once in the morning and once in the afternoon and have just felt sick numerous times. Me and my bf use the "withdrawal" method and he just didnt pull out the last 2 times which was Dec 1st and yesterday Dec 3rd, I dont think he didnt pull out any other time, but im not sure now. Any advice on what you think??? I'll listen to anything and anyone willing to answer...and no I am craving bacon and fries...so I guess Im going on a mission...Thanks!!
hi. i just want to say that we are all having the same problem and everyone keep trying and dont give up. GOOD LUCK LADIES =]
Just after some answers my self.
Came off the pill after 7 day break and withdrawel bleed on 24th November.
Decided we will casually see what happens, not had period yet, is probably to early.
About 3 days after stopping the pill i got what i believe to be ovulation pains, in th past when been off the pill i have felt this around ovulation. Very specific pain in right lower abdomen.
In the last three weeks i have felt completely different. Although i have been on the pill for many years it has been on and off (in between long term relationships) so i know what it feels like to come off the pill. Really sensitive boobs especially nipples now, change in shape of nipples seem to be more erect all the time, also white bumps around my nipples. Dull ache like cramps in lower abdomen, back ache (which i have never suffered with during PMS natural period or pill period). Also a couple of weeks ago i woke up in the night at about 2am with really bad cramps and feeling really sick.
This has not happened since, i just feel different and am eager to know if im pregnant.
I also feel like every smell is more in tense then ever, like everyone is wearing way to much perfume! I some times feel a little queasy after i eat (strangley) but no real tiredness, feeling sick, constipation (infact the opposite!)
Does anyone know when i can take a reliable test as i cannot calculate my cycle propery as i have not yet had a natural period?
When off the pill i have always been regular with my periods, and in stopping the pill in the past i have always had a period around the time i would have had i continued the pill (if that makes sense?)!
Anyway - suggestions appreciated! Thank you and good luck to everyone!
Hi ladies! I have a 4 1/2 month old baby boy. About 2 months ago I had a miscarriage while on the pill. The doctor told me the type of b.c. I was on changes the lining of the uterus, making it hard for an egg to attach if it was fertilized. Well that's what caused my miscarriage. I wasn't even wanting another one at the time  (considering I had a 2 month old) but having that miscarriage made me want another one. So we're in our 1st month of ttc. I'm supposed to get AF in 7 days. I'm almost positive I'm prego. But I hate this waiting game. I've been prego before so I just know I am, but then again I don't want to get my hopes up. I've got the sore boobs, cramping, bloating, dizziness, nausea, urinating more frequent, constipation. All the same symptoms I had with my prior pregnancy. I've also heard you are more fertile the year after having a baby. Does anyone know if this is true?
Hi sorry Famo, I haven't a clue about being more fertile the in first year after having a baby.
I'm just voicing frustration like most others really and as much as it's pains me to know you guys are playing the waiting game and getting frustrated, it does make me feel less alone if that's any consolation.
I've only been trying for 2 months, but before 2 months ago, I had never even had unprotected sex and have never been on the pill due to an old illness (nothing to do with fertility though). I eat healthily and my partner pretty much does too, but after only 2 months, I can't bear the wait between ovulation and AF (by the way, forgive my englishness, but what is the 'A' in AF? Am I being stupid?)
I'm one of those people who feels that when I'm pregnant I'll just know and at the moment, I don't know so I'm probably not pregnant this month either (AF due in about 4 days), but I like to imagine.

I feel sick, but then I generally do around this time and my breasts are sore, but once again, they always are.
Wouldn't it be nice though...
Anyway, I am sending lots of love and baby dust to those who would like some and I guess if it's meant to be it's meant to be.
x
Im so glad that I found a current site to discuss these things.  I have been ttc for 4 months and am usually an anxious person to begin with!  This 2ww is killing me!  I am driving my family insane constantly talking about my symptoms.  I am just not physically able to stop worrying about every twinge/pain etc.  I should be starting my period within the week.  My breasts have been sore all day today which has happened before but ive never paid that much attention to it.  I had some clear fluid this morning which is very strange because Ive never noticed any discharge right before Im about to start.  I understand where all of you women are coming from, and I really related to the post that said Women are so used to getting results from working hard, and thats exactly how I feel! I have been working very hard to get pregnant and it is unfathomable how it has not worked yet! Will keep you updated and good luck to everyone!!
hi, im 19 and super paranoid about being pregnant. my last period started november 26th and me and my bf had sex on the 12th and 13th, using a condom both times. the condoms never broke and i checked both for holes after we used them by filling them up with water and there were no holes.  my cycle is usually 29 days. but today is 30 days and i dont have my period yet! my breasts are always slightly sore before my period starts and they have been since last sunday.. but still no period.  am i just worrying too much? ugh my bf thinks im crazy to worry like this but i just always get paranoid that i wont get my period
p.s.- i just took a preg. test and it was negative
I'm in the same boat as you hcoleman...my husband and I have only been trying for a few months but it seems everyone around me has had no problems conceiving and babies are all around me...its driving me nuts!!! I usually get sore breasts for about 2 weeks before my AF...and sometimes I get cramping and bloated but not really just a breakout of pimples around my chin a few days before AF...this month my breasts are sore, but I have a constant cramp on my right side and my lower back is very sore (kinda like tender).  My AF is due sometime this week but my cycle is not normal it runs 23-28 days.  Its driving me nuts...I just keep counting down the days on my hand and the days pass so slowly as I'm waiting to not get my AF...Its crazy!!!
Update...My breasts are still sore...going on five days now which is strange for me, Ive been cramping for three days now with no period, which is very unusual for me...lower back still hurts but is getting better.  Ive taken two pregnancy tests with the last one being 26th which if my cycle was short that would have been the day I started period.  Usuallly my cycle is 23 to 26 days long.  As of today it is 24 days.  I definately feel like something is going on and am really thinking I am pregnant but the neg pt's are throwing me off.  I was thinking that if I ovulated on the 20th which is the last day that we tried to make a baby, ten days after that would be Dec. 30th so that might be why the test still says negative.  Crossing fingers and praying!! I sure hope this is the month.  I also found this great site which answers a lot of questions about what is happening with your body while waiting the two weeks!    http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/weekbyweek.html
so good to hear i'm not the only woman so desperate for a baby! Two of my friends and my sister in law got babies this year, another one is pregnant which makes me think, what is wrong with me? we've been ttc for about 5 months but we get so dissapointed each month AF arrives. My bf can't even hide how upset he gets..and we know it's exact opposite of how we should be.
Everyone tells you: "don't worry..when the time is right" or "you're concentrating on having a baby too much, stop trying", which makes me really mad! I mean, how do you stop trying if you want a baby?  
Each month I think i'm pregnant because i get all typical early pregnancy symptoms - but it's the power of mind and hormones, all tests come out negative. I think i want a baby so much, my mind gets all the symptoms going (i sound like a mad woman)
The one reason why i'm still sane is that we've been trying for a short time, 5 months is nothing. Some of our friends had to wait more than a year and my lovely sister in law waited more than 2 years to get her beautiful daughter.
there is a lot of pressure on us women, lot of stress and expectations. Read brilliant book by Zita West who is an expert on (in)fertility issues, look her up on google girls, she's one of those life-changing authors.
good luck to all of you, i'm sure we will all become mums one day xxx
I know exactly how you feel..Im thinking that I am becoming psychosomatic...I must want a baby so bad that I am making the symptoms happen....Im pretty sure my period shoulve started by now, my cycle is usually 23-26 days long, and today is the 26th day.  Took another pregnancy test and it says not pregnant. Everyone is telling me that it is probably because im so worried about it, thats why my period hasnt started...ugh i am soo frustrated.  I thought for sure this was the month.  I just think that since my symptoms have been going on for 5 days now, and with supposed to start today that the test should have came up positive...so since it didnt im thinking that it didnt work...oh well I guess next month is another try...
For everyone in the PMS vs pregnancy boat, just wanted to tentatively offer some hope. For the last 7 days I've thought I'd had PMS - sore breasts, lower back pain, ab cramping similar to pre-period. We'd been ttc but I have a very short luteal phase (10-12 days from LH surge to first day of period) so I didn't think it could happen without intervention, and the symptoms just seemed to confirm that it hadn't happened this time. Today I'm 13 days after first LH surge detection (which showed up 2 days in a row) so maybe 10-12 days post-ov. Since my luteal phase has been very consistent (period no more than 10 days after last possible day of ovulation based on LH surge), took home pg test this morning and showed positive. Am going in to get blood confirmation test, but just thought I'd share that the symptoms seem really similar to me (which *****). I'm still worried that it's either a false positive or that it won't take (plus I've been experiencing sharp twinges of pain in my left ovary sometimes when I go from sitting to standing position - I really hope it's just muscle compression, but I'm a bit worried about the scary stuff like ectopic pg, etc - hopefully I'm just being a worry-wart, as it's so early in the process). Also, I've been stressing and worrying, so don't let anyone tell you to "relax", "it'll happen". That seems impossible to me, you've just got to go with how you are and hope for the best (I'm a type-A anxiety/planner person). Good luck to everyone, please wish me luck too.
Girls, you just mad my day... I can't stop crying bc I'm so happy I found all of your comments!!! (it might be the result of my emotional rollercoaster .. either PMS or pregnancy) :) Anyways, it's just like someone read my mind and wrote it down here!
Most of my friends got pregnant right away, and most of them didn't even like kids or weren't even sure they wanted to have one. And then they got preggers at the FIRST try. And here I go, love kids, always wanted to have them, and I have been trying for 4 months and no results yet. I ovulated on Christmas and my AF is due probably in early Jan. Never had regular periods. And here my pregnant friends and already moms are telling me that I should not want it so much, and I shoudln't concentrate on it, and shouldn't think about it... and blah, blah...easy for them to say, when they never really liked kids and it happened to them in the first month. Wonder what would they say if they were going thru the same thing I am... boy, it makes me so angry.
Plus, how can you NOT want something that you always wanted??? Should you say mantras in your mind every day that you don't wanna have kids, as a reversed psychology, in order to trick your brain, so that you might conceive????
I am glad you guys are going thru the same, and I had a chance to share my thoughts. My bbs are really sore, and big now, have lower back pain and boy, oh boy am I moody :)) :(( I cry even on a commercial inTV... crazy....
I am really interested what happened to those above who had the same symptomes????? Did you guys get pregnant eventually????
Thanks for listening to me, it felt good just to write everything out of me!!!
oops, I just misspelled it... you just MADE my day :))) I was so excited to find this forum, I didn't even watch what I was writing :))))
HAve a great and happy and healthy new year and may it bring all of you a beautiful and healthy baby!!!!! :)
I thought I had already posted this, but I guess not.....My period did start, it was a little late but not too much, it just threw me off because I had ALL those early pregnancy symptoms...Now of course Im starting to worry that Im having those VERY EARLY miscarriages that ive read about...I just really want to know that one day I will have a baby then I could relax a little...good luck to everyone!
Ladies, thanks for all the comments. It's so nice to know other folks are going through the same frustrating tww wait as I am.  I've always tried to diagnose my symtpoms before af. I psych myself out hoping I am pregnant and then when AF starts it's such a let down.  All indications are that I ovulated on 12/25 but so far only pms symptoms I have are very tender breasts, raised temp went from 97.3 before ovulation, to 97.7 after ovulation, then increased to 98.16 a few days later. also feel flushed, very mild queasiness at times, and a little weepy. but that's it.   have very reg periods, so should start 1/8.  we'll see. would love to have a bfp. Happy New Yea and thanks again for being here!
I am in the exact same boat as you!  Ovulated on the 25th - expect AF on the 8th or 9th.  I took a HPT today and it was negative ... I am hoping it was just too early to test.  I have PMS / Pregnancy symptoms: cramps, thirst, moodiness, sore bbs... just part of the waiting game now.  Good luck to all of you!

mrh35, I too took a pregnancy test yesterday when I came home for lunch and of course it was negative. My temps have dropped a bit from 98.44 and 98.16 to around 97.9, so I don't know if that's bad news. my coverline temps seem to be normally around 97.3.  Again, thankfully AF is very regular, so I should know by Sat.  This morning when I got up, had a strong cramp/pain on my lower right side. Don't normally get any pain with PMS so again I have no clue what that's about.

all I want to say is I admire the ladies in this forum who have been trying for months and years, and stay the course.  I just started ttc 2 months ago and already this whole process feels like TORTURE!  

I think I'm going to start acupuncture to help with the stress.
Hey Klar009,

Still no sign of period... also tested this morning - of course negative.  My temp is also slightly declining. I am almost positive now that AF is going to start tomorrow... I feel really strong cramps. I never used to get cramps this far in advance of my period - but I am 35 -I guess my hormones are just changing.  Well - as they say -its not over till AF... so I will keep hope alive! Please keep me posted!  I wish you the best of luck!!  Let me know how the acupuncture works - I'm trying Yoga :)

Good Luck to all of you ladies!
yep exactly the same for me too. took my temp this morning was down from 97.92 to 97.52...also my breasts had been extremely sore until about 2 days ago and now are only slightly tender.  today is 14dpo, took a hpt and of course negative. I'm definitely feeling frustrated. I read julie indichovia's book inconceivable last night which made me think I have a lot of lifestyle changes to make...specifically diet wise. I LOVE coffee! anyway I plan to do yoga too...is there a specific type for women ttc?   good luck to you as well!
Taking ovulation tests this month..we started trying every other day starting two days ago... the tests have a faint line im thinking indicating that ovulation is coming up, but its been there for 3 days now.  the websites that ive been basing my ovulation off of says it should be happening now...interesting. its funny, now its sorta like a science experiment now...i think my brain needs to do that to keep some sanity haha.  
I am on the same cycle as you too. I was supposed to start AF today or tomorrow. I am really regular on my cycle. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.  And I wish you two the best of luck(and I would love to see us all get pregnant at the same time, lol) I am feeling all the same symptoms as pms for 1 week now(which is normal). Tender breasts, cramping, bloating, ect. But I also start spotting a couple of days before AF. I have not done this yet.
I have been ttc for 11 months now after being on BC for 6 yrs. Every single month for me has been torture. I have wanted this for so long and its so hard to have to wait. Especially when you see it happen to others so easily.
I do have one question for anyone that would know. When you are charting basil temp and cervical mucous, does the cervical mucous change when you are pregnant?  
Thanks to everyone that has posted. And good luck to you all!!
Oops.    *Basal Temp* Sorry not Basil.
ok... this is wierd and frustrating... I am always, always regular with AF.  Supposed to start on 8th... yesterday, still NO AF!  Basal Temp (that went down two days ago) is back up.  Still have all other symptoms sore bbs, frequent urination, cramping (just like I will get AF), and some new ones - lots of saliva in my mouth, incredibly heightened sense of smell, and this morning - headache!  HPT Test - NEGATIVE!

So - I keep thinking - AF is just late, and the higher temp - may be that I am getting sick - I do have a headache this morning and I feel a stuffy nose coming on.  I wish - either way - something would confirm - either YES or NO!

Well, keep hoping for me!  Good Luck to all of you!!!!!
Still no AF today for me either. Still cramping. HPT test negative. So frustrated. Only difference today is I got nauseous while eating dinner. That never happens. I dont notice any difference in heightened sense of smell. I have always been able to smell things really good so I dont know how much different that will be.
Keeping fingers crossed.  
I'll be keeping my fingers cross for you. Hope this is your month for a bfp!  for me, AF started like clockwork last Friday on the 8th, so I was very bummed.  Went out and bought some additional supplements, maca, dhea and started taking those with the royal jelly, fertilaid, coq10.  my af symptoms - breast tenderness basically went away two days before af - then my temp dropped so that was my big clue I was out.
Me and my husband have been ttc for about a year now. I am 40 years old and will be 41 in March. The doctors gave me no hope at all. Basically, he pulled out a chart and looked at my age and stated I had a 10 percent chance of conceiving. I have a Fribriod and he stated tha it may or may not be hindering me from conceiving. I left out of his office bawling. He gave me no alternatives. Since then, I have made an appointment with another doctor to get a second option. My appointment is in February. Just like all of you women, yes it is very frustrating month after month trying to conceive. I am currently experincing bloating, slight cramping, tingling breasts and some nausea. AF is due on Friday (1/15/10). Just some words of encourgaement, dont give up. God knows the perfect time to place his hand on our wombs and bring a miracle to life. Thanks for letting me share, I wish you all baby dust.
Still no AF today. Went and had blood pregnancy test. Negative. I guess that ends all question. Better luck next time around I guess. Good luck to you all. Now just waiting for AF to start. I hope one day all our dreams come true.
Glad you're here. Hope you'll continue to post. Can docs remove the fibroid?

Inah, sorry to hear about the bfn. So does that mean your AF cycles are very irregular?  or just this one time?  I would be very frustrated too.
My AF cycles have never been irregular except when I went on and then off BC. I have started the same day every month for yrs. So it was just this one. Which is why I thnki it was more dissapointing and frustrating. Just back into the waiting game now.
Thank you to all you ladie posting. It helps alot.
Yes, I will continue to post, because this site has been very helpful to me. It has helped me to cope and to not think I am the only one going through this, while every one else around me are getting pregant. The doctor did say that he can remove my fribriod and considered it major surgery. He stated that I would be off a month from work and still may or may not be able to conceive. At first I thought what is the point? But once I get a second opinion, I will be in a good farme of mine to make a better decision. My last two periods has been irregular, the first month 26 days and the last month 21 days in between. This is new to me because I have always been on a 24 day cycle like clock work. Thanks for responding.
dear 2blessed2,
sorry to hear what your doctor said. I too recommend you to go get a second opinion, there should be something for you too, that could help.
I just went to a fertility clinic today with my husband and the doc said that I might have PCOS ... :( bummer Well, we will know more once we start testing. My hubby will go to a sperm assesment on Monday,and we'll know some more then. I was ovulating yesterday and although we had intercourse yesterday, I am planning on AF... and then we can start the tests on me too.
I hope eventually something positive will happen and they'll find the reason behind my irregular periods an infertility.

To all of you out there, I wish you strenght, hope and lots of patience and baby dust!!! Eventually everything will turn out right! (at least I really hope so)
I completed my last period dec 25th.  My husband and I have decided to ttc.  We have been trying since my period ended in december.  I have been on birth control for years (5 +) however I am no longer on it.  Everyone around is pregnant including my best friend.  I want to be pregnant and have a child so badly, by the way I am 25 years old.  I should be starting my period in two days however for the last three days I have been having headaches, really tired not hungry and really moody.  About 14 days ago I think I was ovulating and my husband and I had unprotected sex.  And now about 14 days later and two days before my period I am feeling really odd.  It is not a good feeling to not know if these are pms or pregnancy symptoms.  I have been having light cramps perhaps flo is coming but they don't feel like my normal cramps.  Then again I guess I don't know what normal is since I have been on birth control for so long.  I just feel really odd but maybe thats becuase I want to be pregnant.  Reading everyone posts on here does make you feel better.  I feel like I am going crazy waiting for my period so I can at least take a test and see what it says.  I just dont remeber ever feeling so tired and having headaches every morning.  Guess I will have to wait and see, wish I could fast forward two weeks ahead.
I was on BC for 6 yrs. After you go off you body is going to go through pregnancy symptoms similar to the ones you get when you first started on BC. And your period will probably be off for about 2 to 3 months. My AF was 2 weeks late the next month after stopping BC. Your body will need to regulate itself after being on BC for so long.
I am also 25(almost 26) and TTC now for 11 months. I hope you have better luck then me and get pregnant right away. Good luck to you. And keep posting. Like others have said, this bulletin has been very helpful, physically and emotionaly.
I recently called my doctor becuse my symptoms are still there.  They are no less or worse they are just the same.  My doctor said that I should have AF but if I don't in a week that I should home test again.  I don't feel horrible but I do not feel like myself at all.  I am tired, sick to my stomach, everytime I sit down to eat I think I am hungry but then I get sick and am not.  My tummy is making all sorts of noise which never happens.  Still not sure what to think of it all.  I never get sick to my stomach and I am just plan tired.  I still don't think I am pregnant but still don't think that its not possible.  I guess I am waiting some more.....
Hi there,
I have previously posted here being upset and worried...and this week I found out i'm pregnant. After worrying i can't have kids and stressing about it - it happened.
so good luck to everyone xxxx
congratulations! I took a month off of trying.  We had a lot of stressful stuff going on in our lives and I just needed a break...unfortunately this month, I was ready to try again but my husband seems to be having some "equipment" problems!  It could be still stress, but he has never had this problem before...he thinks it may be daddy issues, as in he is not sure he is ready to be a daddy and since the only time we have been having sex was to make babies, I think something has gone terribly wrong! Very upset...not letting him see that though, ive even just tried cuddling with him, but he just falls asleep.  Not feeling very good about it at all :(
we had this problem before - "the perfomance issues". We were so focused on making this baby, it took all the fun out of it. In January, we missed the ovulation time so we had a lot of fun..thinking "well, we missed it so can't get pregnant"..and few weeks later i went off coffee (unbelievable, i always loved coffee, can't stand it now) and kept falling asleep everywhere.
it's hard to "stop trying" when you want baby so much - but it works. once you don't think about the right positions etc, it could happen. Also, we booked a holiday for June as you always read about honeymoon babies ;)
You must speak to your hubby, it could be that he feels under so much pressure to "perform", rather than not wanting this baby right now. I cried a lot as well before, but it can be solved. i wish you both the best of luck, so keep me updated. xxx
Also meant to comment on your ovulation test post. I tried several ones and got so frustrated with it. i had exactly the same - line appearing for few days, then i've read somewhere it can be arratic if suffering from PCOS (haven't been diagnosed, so got very paranoid)..just a nightmare. I though by doing these tests, we're in more control and then expected to get pregnant straight away... I threw them away in December, it wasn't working for me. Plus having a bit irregular periods wasn't helping.
This is quite random - have you every spent a day with any friend who has a baby? i mean, whole day and night. I have, and thought "glad, i don't have to this just yet..." ;)
Thats funny that you brought up watching a kid...I actually just did the other day, and I did say that to myself.  I loved every minute of it, dont get me wrong, but once he left, I was just sooo tired that I was glad I got to sleep!  Me and my husband have been talking extensively the last couple days about the problems, and tonight we got it resolved ;)  We both are in agreeance that we are not going to keep trying so hard.  I didnt understand that mentality until the past month and a half when it just got so hard!  I cant figure out when I ovulate for nothing, when I thought my body was telling me I was, those ovulation tests said no, so short of trying another drastic measure,its just time to let it go.  Wish there was an easier way for sure, but Im also happy that I get some more time to get things together so that a baby can be born into a little bit less stressful environment.  
Well first of all let me start by saying I am 19 yrs old,I have a 18 month old daughter,and when I was pregnant with her I knew it because 2 days after I conceived,I began to experince light pink spotting only when I wiped.but anyways I had my period jan 13th,2010 and I had unprotected sex on the 22nd,I was supposed to ovulate on the 24 or 25.but 2 days after I had the sex I had some light pink spotting only when I wiped then I began to have cramping it was on and off.I began eating more because I was more hungry,I put on 3 pounds in 2 weeks due to this.my breast are very sore,even through a well supportive bra,I wake up nauseted trying not to throw up.I have been very fatigued,very gassy.no pms symptoms yet and af is 4 days away and I always get cramps a couple days before.I feel happier and joyful I just know that im pregnant just hate playing the waiting game..
Plus my bbt have been high ranging from 98.2-98.6.my coverline temps are like 97.2...so im hoping im pregnant..wish me luck my daughter so desperatly needs a playmate..
okay i just need some major advice. the first day of my last period ya february 11th. my bf finished in me. that day. but i started less than three hours later. then gross i know. we did it while i was on my period. and he finished in me again. then my period stopped on the 16th. on the 20th he did it again. and again on the 28th. i'm nervous and i don't know what to think. is there a high chance i could be pregnant? i'm supposed to start on the 11th of march. i don't know if i'm having pms symptoms or not.
to joker18- I think pregnancy is unlikely but is possible. If you have normal 28ish day cycles you ovulated on the 25th of march. The 20th is a little early for getting pregnant and the 28th a little late. It sounds to me like you don't want to be pregnant.. in that case don't let your bf "finish" in you! I hope you get what you want. You should test for pregnancy if your period does not come March 11th. Good Luck!!
Hi all--

Been reading your posts for some time and have not shared, but I feel the need to vent now because I'm angry, depressed, and frustrated.  Got pg at 41, weren't trying, not tracking cycles, no pregnancy or PMS symptoms whatsoever--just missed period.  M/C at 10 1/2 weeks--started ttc for five months now and nothing.  DH says to be patient; it will happen when it happens.  Everyone says to relax, it will happen when it happens.  OK, will do, I'll just relax and be patient--no problem!  Now that we're scheduling sex, it has take the fun out of everything.  I have become obsessed with TTC--when did this happen??  I'm worried and stressed all the time and that is why I cannot TTC according to all of the opinions out there.  My issue is I start to experience PMS symtoms immediately after ov occurs--2 dpo--backache, 3 dpo bloating, 4 dpo acne--consistent PMS symptoms every month so my misery starts a bit earlier and continues right up until AF arrives--would love to endure the 2 ww even though it's understandbly torture for most of you, would like the opportunity to wait it out and be surprised, but I already know that I once again didn't conceive for that month 2 days past ovulation!  So upsetting!!  Everything is hold on right now--can't stand spending time with our friends who have kids or family functions because everyone asks us, sooo... are you still trying?  You are in your 40s you know???  Yes, I know how hold I am!  lol.  I deal with his by avoiding spending time with anyone; it's just easier that way.  

I'm really glad I found this forum.  Would love to see more posts from those who have had positive pg tests after experiencing PMS symptoms.  Would love to read the good news from all of you!  Thanks ladies and best of luck to all of you out there.    
Been TTC for 3 months and really hoping I'm pregnant because now my fiancee and I are separated for who knows how long.  (We work in different countries.)  It would be great if I'm pregnant now otherwise we'll have to start over from scratch!  But I'm hopeful because I've been having VERY sore breasts for about a week now.  They usually get sore before my period, but only a little bit, not this much.  I couldn't even let my fiancee touch them, they hurt so bad, and they also feel bigger and more heavy.  I think they may have gone up a cup size.  Also been a bit bitchy, but I sometimes am because of PMS.  I think AF might be late but its hard to say because my cycles are not that regular.  Sometimes AF comes every 26 days, but I have a 32 or 33 day cycle now and then.  Today I am on Day 28 and no sign of AF, not even a little cramping, so I think that could be a good sign.  I haven't really noticed any other symptoms, just very sore breasts and some bitchiness.  I'm going to test in a few days if AF still doesn't show.
You are just like telling my story,I feel i am going to get crazy, I have three kids, when my third was 5 months I got accidental pregnancy, I was not happy with that and I regret now for that feeling, so what happened when I got the 11 weeks US, the result was suspicious of Down syndrom, I did the CVS and it confirmed it,so i chose termination of pregnancy, since then I am in night mares,I am 40 year old, trying to get pregnanct like crazy, I feel I have no aim in my life other tahn getting pregnant, my relationship with my husband got affected, I can not function, I devided my month into follicular phase,ovulation and luteal phase, days does not mean anything to me beyound that.
All what I think now is getting pregnant because of my loss, so my punishment is that is start to feel the PMS on day 17, when I start to have the cycle of depression, then the first day of my period is the mourning day.
I know I will look crazy but I even thought of IVF,but my husband does not even want to think of that, I am fighting with him every day,plus the damn PMS, I do not know what to do.
I feel lost.
I am going crazy! We have been trying for many months now...I get so depressed each month that goes by and I am not pregnant. I have sore breasts, lower ab pressure and feel nausea. I am typically a 28 or 31 day cycle. Today is day 31....I am so nervous. I simply need to talk about it. All my friends have had no problems conceiving so I feel i can not talk about it.
I simply want to go under the covers and sleep for the next few days so I can avoid being anxious.
Hi Everyone!!! I too am confused. You see I have PCOS. I've been dieting and excersising for the last year in order for my period to be regulated. Pro-Vera DIDNT help me, and when I went back on orthi-evra to see if that would regulate me...it did until February-which was the last time I had my period. I went my week without BC waiting for AF to arrive and she never came, so I never went back on BC. My husband and I want a child but havent been concerned with getting pregnant now because we havent been able to conceive in the past without BC. MY S-I-L also has PCOS (im finding more and more women have it) she just found out she is 6 1/2 months prego, and NEVER knew-because she assumed she couldnt get PG since she and her hubby have been trying for 5 years with no luck. ANYWAYS, with all this being said-no period since February, but i have EVERY PMS symptom except sore breasts. I have terrible heart burn all day all night, lower back pain, cramps so bad i want to vomit, headaches, bloating, terrible irritability(so my mother in law and husband say) crying with tears all over the place, and naseau in the morning when i have coffee on an empty stomach. I am so confused. It may just be PMS...but no period. Or it may be my mind playing crazy tricks on me. Having PCOS stinks, and nothing has really helped to bring on my period. But the fact that my sisterinlaw who has it was able to get PG...well its just been making me wonder...any ideas or thoughts? Thanks girls =)  ~J
I normally have PMS symptoms a week before my period, but this one started a lil early. I have intense food cravings, sore nipples, and bad gas. I dont know if this is another PMS symptom or i am actually pregnant. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. I really dont know what to do or what to expect. My period usually comes around the end of the month so i guess i just have to wait..
Hi all... It's nice to know that there are others in the world besides me who hope so
much for a baby that the world seems to be crashing down every single month when the menses comes. I was recently diagnosed with bilateral cysts and am scheduled for surgery 3/5/10 to improve my chances of conceiving. My menses is due 26/4 and latest 28/4 so i'm hoping it won't come coz I desperately want a baby. It's like going on a roller coaster ride every month with constant tearing and then hope that the next month will be THE month. Now I'm starting to feel the breast tenderness and lower abd cramps which is so often there prior to my menses. Not putting my hopes up but I am so secretly wishing that this is it for my hubby and I. I wish us all the best and that we will get what we really hope for;)
I feel like my body doesnt know what it wants to do???  Im 44 havent had a period in two years, told i was menopausing but Im still having PMS, bloating, sore breasts but no period.  The doc now thinks I may not be menopausing...what the heck? Im getting blood tests to find out and I hope I can find out soon what is going on.  This is the same doc that told me i was menopausing a couple years ago with blood tests but now tells me i may not...im confused!
Hey, everyone im 21 will be 22 in three months. I have been ttc for nine months now and no luck :( I have never been on birth control i go to the ob/gyn regularly i have done every thing they say to putting a pillow under your hips, to cutting out caffine in your diet. and every month left feeling hopeless last month i talked to my doctor told her what was going on and she basicly said shes wasnt willing to do anything in her word (there are people out there that have waited years tc) wich kinda frustated me that she wasnt willing to help much.my cycle is right on time and about a week before i start feeling pms symptoms tired,headaches,cramps,nasuea, sore bb's and it so confusing I start beliving this could be the month because of my symptoms but no luck it eventually comes and im sitting there crying and regrouping and prepare for the next month its getting harder and harder to keep my head up, im just wondering will i ever be able to conceive im so young i though it would be easy for me. eveyday i see girls my age even youger with babys and even two kids and just wanna cry i know i cant been like that and i need to stay positive but its very hard

so i guess im just wondering if anyone out there can give me some advice  i greatly appreciate it Britt baby dust to all and im praying for you
I took another early pregnancy test today. It was negative. Its been 2years and i still cannot get pregnant. This is becoming an emotional rollercoaster for me and it is getting frustrating. I am 21 years old and i see no reason why i cannot get pregnant. I guess i have to keep praaying for a miracle.
wasnt going to post anythiing but im also in the boat ur in. im also 21 and just got married in febuary my husband and i have been going out for about 4 1/2 years but have never used contraception.......however ive never been pregnant.....recently ive really been wanting a baby and ttc for the past year......my mensses are somtimes regular but was late about a week in march( last march 19) been feeling extremly moody, then staight after get terrible headaches, found myself eating sugar raw last week.....and i have this  slight pain in my lower abdomen which hurts a bit more if im laying down or if i stand for long.....no mens up till today dnt want to get my hopes up tho....ill wait another week or so then do an hpt.....wish me luck
oh yea...... and last night my husband and and i was just cuddling and he was like hunny why is my temp so hot.....gullpp!!.....cud it b???
Came across these posts after driving myself nuts researching if i am preg. or expecting my period. I am 21, I have a three year old and my husband and I have been trying for another for almost a year. No luck yet. I started my period April 5th and my cycke is between 28-35 days, today is day 41 and still no period, I have been having some cramping like i am going to get my period but it is less intense and more often. ive been super tired and sore boobs as well. I usually don't have many pms symptoms so i am hoping that this is it. I get scared every time i go to the bathroom that i will get my period so now i am concerned that i am tricking myself int onot getting it. I took two pregnancy tests and they both had a faint positive line but i had so much water that i think it was too diluted to be accurate. My husband won't give me his opinion on weather he thinks i'm pregnant or not. Anyone have an opinion to share?? Thanks in advance and good luck to anyone in the same boat!!
Update: Since posting yesterday, I took a test and it came out positive!! I could not even believe it. if calculations are correct, our second little bundle of joy should be here in the beginning of January.
We have been ttc for 15 months now.  I am 20 years old.  Yes I know after twelve months you are supposed to go to the doctor and seek medical advice if your young and I have.  I have been to two different doctors had sonograms, cts, mri's, blood work at different times of the month.  Everything is completely normal.  I was on birth control for five years and stopped in january of 2009.  I know it is not my husband because he has full custody of his daughter who is four years old.  We have been doin it the right way every other day or more on days 8 10 12 14 16 and 18 of my cycle the past two months.  Before that we were having sex everyday and my dr told me that maybe we were doing it too much.  I am scheduled to have my Af on sunday.  I believe I ovulated on day 10.  which was tuesday may 4th.  Since tuesday may 11 I have been experiencing pain unlike my usual period cramps in my lower abdomen, I have been very gassy, extremely bloated, my wedding band won't even fit, I have went from weighing 131 to 135 in a week.  My stomach isn't really cramping its just like pain usually on one side or the other.  My lower stomach feels very tight.  I have been waking up to pee at least three times a night.  My boobs aren't unusually sore.  I have felt very nauseated, have intense hot flashes and dizziness and have had terrible headaches for three days in a row.  I took a test thursday and it was negative but it was way too early.  I always have headaches and cramps and mood swings five days before my period but never like this and not two weeks before.  I have bad pms and was diagnosed with pmd.  Starting a  few days ago I have gotten really emotional, touchy irratiable.  Today it was really bad and I have been crying over everything.  Can you still have pmdd symptoms and be pregnant? I am really doubtful now and just waiting? I have never had a kid before so whats your opinion?
congratulations luv......wish u all the best......
my hubby and I are also ttc for the past 2 mths. My period is next wekk

This week, I started to feel depressed and have been crying. Especially today - cried 4-5 times in the morning.  Not sure if its work related but I seldom cry or get so depressed regarding work.  Lost of appetite. I do feel a little nausea at times... but bearable

Am I pregnant?

poohpooh09 are you late yet? You might want to test

I posted my symptoms on May 17.  My af always arrives on day 28 which would have been yesterday and still no sign.  I am having lower abdominal cramps, everything tastes funny, and nausea still.  I tested friday night and it was negative.  What do i do? Just keep waiting?
My period doesn't start for another week, I've had all the pms signs like usual, but this month, I've been nauses and just not feeling good, plus I've had the weird feeling and I'm not sure what it all means... Am I pregnant or is my body going throu something different??
Help.
My BF and I have not technically been ttc but we haven't been doing anything to stop it either...It has been like this for about 2 months or longer...I had my AF on May 19th so its not due again until June 15th...I am 9dpo...For the passed week I have been extremely moody...it varies between crying for absolutely no reason to being mad or irritated at the smallest things (similar to PMS but too soon and more sensitive) I also have had mild to moderate cramping in my lower abdomen, a very full or bloated feeling,a few sharp pains on my lower right side right at my pelvic bone, my nipples are bright red and very sore, my breast feel very full/heavy, I've had a mild headache for days, a sore throat and stuffy nose for the passed 2 mornings but it fades by afternoon, lower back pain, leg and feet cramps (the kind that make your toes curl...lol), I'm extremely tired but have a hard time falling asleep, late yesterday afternoon and all day today i have had watery cm (which is not normal for me, i usually only have cm during ovulation), also today the sides of my breasts started hurting...first sharp pains, then fading into a dull ache...Now my AF is always regular and i don't ever have symptoms until 2 or 3 days before it starts...so I'm wondering if i could be pregnant?
I am not ttc and I understand that some period symptoms are similar to early pregnancy ones and this is what is confusing me. My period is irregular, and it's not that it just comes at a different time every month but it has a tendency of skipping months. In July of 09, I had my period for 2 days, really heavy (which I never get my period heavy. its usually light/regular). After those 2 days, I didn't have my period again until the beginning of November. That was 4 months and I took a pregnancy test in October in a panic, it was negative. Between November and March, I spotted for a day or two, lightly, every month. In early April, I had a normal period. My period did not come in May and it has not come yet this month. Now, normally I would just shrug it off because like I said, I am always irregular. But for the past few weeks, I have been uncontrollably tired, I have been getting really bad heart burn, my legs and back have been very sore, I do get nauseous and light headed but no vomiting, and weird cramps. Is this normal for pms at all? I mean my boyfriend and I play it pretty safe. We do start out without a condom but before he "finishes" I make him put on a condom. I feel it would be highly impossible to get pregnant from the possibility of pre-***. I know I must sound like an idiot right now but some of you understand how disoriented you can become when you have these things on your mind. Plus i'm just trying to find out as many answers before I dread taking a pregnancy test.
I found out this week that I am pregnant through home pregnancy test (5 strips including clearblue that says "pregnant") and today I had my blood test done and will know the result on Monday to know how many hcg levels do I have.
My pms symptoms were bloating, craving for different kind of foods especially salty ones, sensitive/emotional like crying, very moody, sore boobs, sweating, body odor especially armpit, cramping in my vaginal area, terrible cramping legs while in bed, lightheadedness, and a little bloody smell down under.
Now that I am pregnant (a month now since my first day of my period), I don't have those pms symptoms except that I had pressure in my vaginal area, light back pain near my tailbone, waist expanded, cramping in my lower abdomen when I sit, wanting to poop (very soft or even diarrhea), no appetite, no morning sickness, and a 98F (before, it was like 96F-97F) body temperature.
So base on my experience, my pms symptoms is different from my pregnancy symptoms. My pms symptoms were horrible compared to my pregnancy symptoms.
dear ladies yup I'm in the same boat! I'm 26 my hubby & I been TTC for 4 month now & so far no luck. Every month I have the same AF symptoms-tender/painful bbs, lower back pain, mild cramps, fatigue, mood swings. I'm due for AF today June 19th, nothing yet but the symptoms are almost the same as usual AF only difference is that I also have mild nausea throughout the day and my bb are bigger & hurt more that usual. keeping my fingers crossed but I'm also ready for AF.
Hello ladies,
At the beginning of this month, June, I have been really irritable; really moody about every thing, slight back pains, wanting to eat all the times, horrible bloating episodes that comes and goes, and really tired.  I just thought maybe it's been this hot weather that's making me tired.  Also in my culture there's a myth that if you have a certain dream, its a sign you're pregnant and I had that dream.  Then I searched up the early signs of pregnancy and it says tendered breasts, cramp, fatigue, etc.  I have taken three pregnancy tests already (I know its way too early to take a PT because the hcg hormones are not released yet, but I am nervous). My period is not til the 25th or 26th days so now I am just waiting for my period to come.  Could all this be signs of pregnancy or just my pms?  My pms are back pains, irritability, and breast tenderness.   And I have had all these symptoms all month long.  This is so frustrating.
I also forgot to mention that not only my breasts are sore, my nipples hurt more than the soreness on my breasts.  My nipples don't usually hurt when I pms.  
Hi, everyone.

I am 21, living with my boyfriend of 4 years, and not ttc, but my period is a few days late, which is almost unheard of with me because I have an extremely regular period... so I did a search on early pregnancy symptoms and ended up here. My breasts are very tender, and have been so for about a week now (which is normal), but they feel much larger and heavier than they ever have. I have been sleeping extremely regularly, but feel fatigued all day long, and am having frequent "fainting spell" feelings when I get up from sitting or lying down. All of these are regular symptoms of PMS that I normally experience, but coupled with the fact that my period is late, they are causing me great distress. I have also been noticing that veins all over my body are becoming extremely noticable. And the more literature and posts that I read, the more anxious I get: I noticed last month that my period was very light and easy, making me wonder if I am over 2 months pregnant?????? I am not ttc, and know nearly nothing about pregnancy... I am a very, VERY thin girl, and I have not gained an ounce of weight. There have been no abnormal changes to my body, habits, or overall mood... I'm sure I would KNOW if I was more than 2 months pregnant, right?? I do not have any symptoms that are absolutely exclusive to pregnancy. I am just hoping and hoping that I wake up tomorrow morning with my period...
It's so easy to feel stressed about being pregnant.
Pregnancy symptoms do include heightened sensitivity to smell. Craving certain foods or smells. This will sound strange but the scent of your partner/husband after he's been out working and sweating all day becomes alot more appealing. PMS and early pregnancy symptoms are almost identical. The only difference is your period doesn't come... It is completely common to get stressed before your period. Infact stress can cause our periods to be late!
All I can say is, stay off the alcohol and caffeine until your period finally starts, just in case.  
Take a pregnancy test if you haven't yet started.
If you do get your period, let's learn from it!
Not take things so light hearted ladies, it is a life we're playing with!
Best of luck to you all. And good luck to those trying to get pregnant :)
Since I have been ttc, every month i think im pregnant because  i get the symptoms. i know them because  i have a 2 year old....but then i start my period. i feel like im going crazy. this time after ovulation im having mild nausea tiredness senstive smell and extreme cravings so i have my fingers crossed until next week. please keep me in your prayers!!
its been a while since anyone has posted;
so i hope this one gets read;
but my period is due on the thirteenth i as well am ttc
my back is hurting right now my breaster are getting sore and it seems like alot of gas, i am often tired and hngry all the time but what worries me is that my boyfriends hasnt been able to have kids && i doubt he can have them now but the anticipation has been worrying me like crazy; nobody seems to really have an anser about the difference between pms or pregnancy, && i do have a pregnancy test i hvent taken yet because i dont want to find out im not pregnany because we have been ttc, idk im just looking for an answer i think is imposibble to find, its three more days till period so maybe i should just wait it out, im really sensitive to smells, everything stinks to me now, and i keep craving corn dogs and pickles with boneless hot wings; idk any help??
I know it's frustrating but honestly the only sure way to know is to take a pregnancy test. You can buy tests that are accurate up to 5 days prior to your expected period. I have a lot of symptoms as well but I am unsure if they are just PMS, I hope not. My period is due on the 16th. I am waiting to take a test until after a missed period. I'd rather just be disappointed when AF comes rather than playing with pregnancy tests.

I wish all the best for you! Good luck!!!
I totally don't like feeling this way...isn't it pants?! My last period wasn't what you'd call one...very light, never had blood and mid cycle (I think lost track!) i was bleeding. Not major amounts but something. Now I have shooting pains in my boobs, feeling sick then not, belching like a bloke (my boyfriend keeps laughing at me - I sound like him!) and my moodiness is horrendous and have no desire for him, pardon the tmi! I wish every lady ultimate success. There is no given and it sounds to be the most frustrating time possible. Hope you all have great news soon! Han  
My partner and I have been ttc since December 2009. Every month af comes I get depressed and frustrated. We are both 40. This will be #3 for us. In the past I have been fertile and my first child was a surprise. Now not so much. I am on clomid (2nd month). I also even bought the Soft cups that I read are wonderful. I am now 5 days before af and I do not know if what I am feeling is PMS or Early Pregnancy Symptoms. I have had a slight headache for about 3 days, my back has been killing me and I am now napping when I get home from work. My boobs are normally very sore about 1 week prior to af coming. No sore boobs at all. No mood swings. I had an ultrasound 2 days ago and my doctor said he saw 2 big follicles, one on each ovary. Does anyone have any advice or help?????

THanks,
Liz
Hi there-
Just like most of you. We are ttc and have been for about 8 yrs. Have had all of the tests but they keep telling us everything looks normal. We can't afford the expensive treatment and because I ov regularly the drs. don't think clomid and such would help. We have had 4 early on miscarriages in our 13 yr marriage. The last in Jan. That is when they finally started doing all of the tests. My cycle is really long -24 days between my last day of AF and OV. Then its almost always 14 days until AF again.  I take my temp every morning and can tell when it dips and spikes that I am OV plus I have been using a OV test for 3 mon.  Last month caught it exactly on time but didn't happen. :(  This month again caught it twice. Now am stuck waiting should be due on 7/23-7/24. My bbs are so sore wearing a bra is painful. I am also exhausted!!!! But that could just be stress too. My friends and I think there should be some definitive sign like your tongue turns blue or something so we aren't all stuck waiting. Good Luck to all my prayers are with you.
I like the idea of your tongue turning blue - it would help us all stay sane!

Reading these posts have been really comforting! It is amazing how much I think my mind must be playing tricks on me. We have been ttc for 5 months. I have a really long cycle (6 weeks between periods) so it makes the wait even LONGER!! TERRIBLE for TTC!!! I had my LH surge on July 20th and had sex before it, that day, and the day after. So, I really thought I figured it out this time. I even thought I felt symptoms - cramping, some bb tenderness, (I imagined) my areolas darkening... However I took a HPT today and it was negative.

I know that I only waited about 8 days past ovulation, but I thought that those 6-day early HTPs would catch it. I really felt different this month - the cramping since ovulation really had me feeling excited as that is not normally one of my PMS symptoms.

So the latest AF (aunt flow, right?) is supposed to come is Wednesday, 8/4/10.  I am thinking I got excited for nothing as now I seem to have NO symptoms. My husband says my bbs look the same, but are regular PMS poofy.

I am trying not to feel crushed, but I am so exhausted from thinking about the science. I try to stop, but it seeps in during my everyday activities. Anyway - I am trying to just expect AF, but against my better judgment I am still hoping that I am prego. I am afraid to be disappointed again and I know I am putting too much pressure on us, but I struggle with just "relaxing" about it.

Thanks for posting about how hard it is for you - and the success stories are really encouraging. Especially when they are from repeat posters.  

To all of you June and July posters... I am glad we are in this together. Thank you. Best wishes for us all.
Wow!! This  sure is a great site. I'v been married for 2&1/2 years & been to many fertility specialists. Some  were so awful that i just stopped going coz i felt more depressed after each visit. Have started a new doc now & did the whole follicular study, injections etc rigmarole. Have been experiencing  some discomforts similar to above mentioned ones. Bt i'm also trying not 2 be too excited. I've longed for a baby ever since i can remember. Have been miserable & i do hope this time God blesses us. Please do say a little prayer for us. & all the very best to each of my sisters here. May we all be blessed soon. Keep the faith & hope alive.
ive been getting sharp pains where i imagine my ovaries to be and last week i felt ill and had a constant bad head and my breasts were tender, and i went to the doctors and they prescribed me anti biotics,most of my symtoms have calmed down but i still feel light headed and have tender breasts, and i sometimes get a few sharp pains, and have slightly bad stomach, im due on my period because im on my 7 day break on the pill, but i missed one day so i used a different form of contraception that week, i worried that contraception failed, and ive got preganant from that one time, does anyone know if i have symtoms of preganancy,and since i carried on taking the pill, could it have affected a baby which i may be pregnant with?
Faith21 - I am hoping for a blessing for you! Are you waiting to see if you are pregnant right now, or is this just an ongoing process? It sounds like you have really been through a lot. Maybe this is it! It really is so hard not to get excited. The disappointment can be overwhelming at times and manageable other times (I am thankful for those more manageable moments!).

xbxcx - Why did the doctor prescribe you antibiotics? Technically, I guess you could be pregnant. If your doctor thought so, I doubt he/she would put you on antibiotics.  And I have heard of people getting pregnant on the pill, continuing to take them for a while and they have a perfectly healthy baby. I wouldn't recommend taking it if you really think you are pregnant.  Maybe you are just paranoid (I don't mean that mean), and reading into some of the symptoms. Or maybe the symptoms are side effects from your antibiotics??