Discharge Discoloration

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Discharge Discoloration

I recently have experienced a discoloration in my discharge and I want to know if it is anything to worry about. I am a 20 yr old female and sexually active. The discharge is not a new consistancy, a thick mucusy texture but no clumps. It also seems to be coming more often but I have only experienced 2 days worth of it and it has been 4 days since my last sexual encounter. The coloring started a light green and has become yellowish. There is no unusual oder. I am experiencing no other strange symptoms. There is no pain or itching. Only slight tenderness, but I believe it was just from the sex because it has gotten less and less. Other information is that I also received a bit of a tear on my labium minora (which i think has to do with the tenderness too). No pain while urinating or of any other sort. Please help and let me know if I should worry about this.
The symptoms can be due to bacterial vaginosis. In addition to unpleasant "fishy" vaginal odor, thin white or yellowish discharge from vagina may also be present. Diagnosis can be confirmed after pelvic examination and microscopic examination of the vaginal discharge. If it becomes foul smelling then trichomoniasis should be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.