Discharge after sex..is this normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Discharge after sex..is this normal?

I have just started having sex. I have been having sex for 3 months now. I didnt notice this in the start.. but now im noticeing about 2-3 days after sex i get a clear/white runny discharge. Is this normal? Or should i be worried?

Here some other information i dont know if you all need to help answer my question: I am on birthcontrol and have been for over a year. Also i have noticed during sex lately...i have been gettin alot wetter ..to the point after sex his dick..and lower tummy are all wet.

Please help..im worried about this discharge
Do you know when you ovulate? Ovulation discharge is thick and milky and usually happens in the middle of your cycle.
I doubt that it's sperm, because it drips out that day, and not a few days after.
Kind of silly to say... But sometimes this happens... Maybe you might get turned on somehow and when your body is turned on it gets wet, wether there is sex or not. You could be at work sitting in a desk, have a naughty thought, or reminise about the night before and get turned on and get a few drips on your panties. *blush*
Getting really wet during sex is perfectly fine.
It's not uncommon to have to stop, wipe off, and continue. It happens. It's your anatomy. And if the discharge dosnt company pain or bad smell, then you should be fine.
Also, when you reach the big 'O' it releases a ton of fluids and you're slipping and sliding all over him. lol. feels so silly talking about this but thats how things happen.
The previous advice is accurate.  But increased discharge, even if it otherwise seems normal (clear or white, etc) often is due to a vaginal or cervical infection, such as chlamydia.  A pretty high proportion of young women get chlamydia from their first sex partner, unless he was also a virgin.  It would be smart to see a health care provider.

HHH, MD
Any discharge that is either clear or white is completely normal.  You have nothing to worry about.  :-)

The type of discharge changes throughout your monthly cycle.  Some clear/white discharge is present right after your period and then you might notice a lot of clear mucus that is like egg-whites (or snot).  This present right before and during ovulation.  It is your most fertile mucus.  Then after ovulation it changes to milky white and then sticky white and then you get your period.

Timing and amount is variable from woman to woman.  You will notice an increase in discharge when you are sexually active.  Anything that is yellow or itchy or smelly is not normal and is a sign of infection.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
i've only been with my ex...and now i met this other guy and i had sex.  the following day i was dripping and i thought it was still sperm, but now it's been two days and i still have this light yellowish discharge with no other coming out...is this because this was a new partner?  please help...i am currently unemployed and have no money to go see a doctor..if i had i would have already gone..im really scared sick..please help
I just noticed that I have a clear discharge right after sex. It has happened only about twice and it always happens during and right after sex. It is usually allot to the point where I can actually feel it coming out. There is no odor, itch or anything like that. As mentioned before this only happens during and after sex. Its so much that when it dries (lets say on a leg for instance) it turns into a white flake. Please help me I am in my 20's and I am really worried. Please give me any advice you can offer.
It's probably "female lubrication" that is produced during foreplay/intercourse to aid the sperm in reaching it's goal--the egg (regardless of whether or not you're using a condom).
for years ive being having a discharge
i got treated for it but everytime i masturbate  it comes back it does not smell itch but it is white and cloudy
for years ive been having a discharge
i got treated for it
buteverytime i masturbate it comes back
is there anything i need to be worried about
me and my gf we had it yesterday and the next day she had this discharge and it is white and light whats going on... we both are scared?
I had this clear discharge to the point where it felt as if I was peein on my self. Sometimes when I wake up in middle of the night my panties are wet nd I thought maybe I had an infection. But there was no smell or itch. I went to the docter nd turns out I'm 9 weeks pregnant.
If you have clear disharge coming out the day after you had sex is something wrong
I had sex for the first time, unprotected. It didn't last long, but now i'm getting a whiteish clear discharge. I'm really scared. Is it possible that this means I'm pregnant? Please help me (:
i had unprotected sex for the first time a week ago. im not sure if he came inside me or not. i dont know what that feels like. but later that night i had a sorta thick cloudy discharge. im afraid that he did *** inside. how do i know?
Ok here is a puzzler. I have always had extra discharge from as far back as my first time having sex almost 4 years ago. I mean the sky is blue and Im discharging. My last pap exam came back normal although the doc said I was discharging like Im trying to get pregnant. What worries me is I hadnt been sexually active and havent since I lost my virginity up until a few days and now I'm discharging light cloudy liquid like a damn broke or something. There is no itch or odor as always. Its just there. Thoughts anyone? I really need help!
Its been exactly a week since I had my first... And now there is a sticky white discharge... I've read all these posts but I'm still concerned... My partner and I were virgins... Is there really anything I should be worried about?
I just had sex for the first time 2 days ago. The next day I also had discharge..most of it was white but there was some like red in it too. We used protection and everything. Is it possible that it was my "cherry popping" since it was the first time? I am not sure what to think and I do not know who to ask since all of my friends are still young and inexperienced. I'm a bit nervous.
i had unprotected sex a week ago, I am on the pill but forgot to take it the day I had sex. The next day I took two birth control pills. My partner did not *** inside me but I am still afraid I may be at risk for pregnancy. I have been discharging a lot these past few days and am scared it's a symptom that I am pregnant. If anyone has any advice, please help me. Also how soon can I take a pregnancy test?
please help, am really confused.
me and my wife have had few marital problems lately due to financial and family related problems.
she works at the local hospital, since last two years, everything was fine, in life as well as sexual activities.
it's her attitude towards me over the year which has made me confused, to which this problems relate to.
she has diabetes, type 2, just like me,and she denies me of sexual favours almost all the time.
it's then when i felt something was wrong, and had to investigate.
the matter is i've been checking her underclothes to look for any clues and i've noticed that the nikers she goes to work is almost always soiled when she comes back at night.
most of the times there is white discharge,thick one in the middle and runs of the fragments around the middle region, which seems to flake off after it's dried and becomes chalky like appearance.
i feel there is also semen like shiny like droplets on certain part of the pants( not sure but only judging this because when i used to have sex with her, and i used to put my pants on again at night, there used to be droplets of semen stuck on pants which the next day would have shiny effects on pants and then fade away to chalky like appearance)
please someone explain what this means for me, is she cheating me or is this normal in female cycle.
she is 44 years old and her attitude towards me have really changed in sexual and physical ways.
she used to give me blow jobs readily,but now totally gone off it,her needs for sexual performance seems harder penetrations, not like before.
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME IN A CLEAR, CONCISE MANNER,EXPLAINING ON EVIDENCES AS TO WHAT IT ALL MEANS.
MANY THANKS.
Based on what I've read, I think you should bring this up to your wife because it's healthy to voice your concerns. And if she's not being honest with you then maybe you guys should seek counseling. Also, does she take any medications? because i know some antidepressants can lessen your sex drive, so that could be it....
Also, where does she work and does she ever come home telling you stories about guys at work? it's the little details that will help you figure this out....... I'm sad to hear that her sex drive has gone down, but from experience i have cheated in a relationshiip before and it made me less sexually attracted to my boyfriend.. until i cut all ties to the other guy....
that's all I can really think of
best of luck!
I'm 16 an 3 days ago I had unprotected sex I know it shouldn't have happenedd but I did thers no taking it back I don't need a lecture I need advice. Ok so my calender said I wasn't ovulating but I was firtel because it was 4 das befor ovulation ..... an now 3 days later I hae a very thick whit discharge an it don't stink but its like smells like fishy its not storng an not notice able to anyone else. Plz help am I pregnant or an std or what please help give yhur opinions <3 thanks
it may be that you have a vaginal infection that needs to be treated by your doctor. sometimes vginal infections are caused from having sex carried by our partners. what you need to do is go talk to your doctor and get treated. hope everything is ok.
if you do not wish to become pregnant and that you are regreating the fact that it did happen depending where you live there is something called the morning after pill, which makes sure that you do not become pregnant. just some adivce to the young for the old, and i hope posting this dosnt upset anyone
Your wife is 44-that's around the time my mom entered pre menopause. She continued having her period, but began feeling the symptoms of menopause. This could effect her natural cycle-resulting in the discharge you had found in her underwear, as well as decreasing her desire to have sex. Best advice would be to talk to her. However, I do not recommend asking her if she is menopausal as this could be very offensive.
I had sex but a day later I saw clear and a little white discharge before I got in the shower. Next day my period came. It was a tad bit heavier but lasted the regular amount of time. Once it was over I had sex again. Now I have itching but feels like a yeast infection. I thought of the white stuff and now the itching. Do you think iys a yeast infection?
I would worry because after sex, my husband who cums more then average. I will have dischage for upto 24 hours depending which position we *** in.
The white milky discharge means your going to begin or your in the middle of ovulation. As long as it doesnt have a smell or it doesnt itch your fine :) No need to worry. I have this App on my phone..its called My Days...it looks like a red and purple flower...It helps keep track of your period, ovulation and when your most fertile. You can also keep track of when u have sex..just in case u miss your period and your worried your preggo...if you have an android phone or an Iphone you should look into getting it..its been very very helpful to me :) Tell your friends about it 2!
Im 11wk pregnant and have alot of creamy discharge,and it smells really bad espeshially after sex....it sometimes itches and im scared as its same symptoms that i had when my last baby was dead inside me for 3wk without me knowing.....im so so scared...is this normal??? Im so worried :S
sweets you might have an bacterial infection it is best to just get this checked out an treated before any damage could possible be done, i experienced somewhat of the same thing but in the end i lost my baby i don't want to scare you but just tell you if you see anything on your body or something happening to your body that doesn't seem normal to you  GO TO THE DOCTOR just to make sure
Hi I was on trifeme for 5 years but I stopped taking it a few weeks back for a week then I got my periods so I started levlen Ed on the sugar pills I took them for 5 days then had unprotected sex with my partner and about a week later I had bad cramps one night but didn't last long only a few mins and I had this sticky looking clear discharge a few days ago.. I've been still taking my pill.. Could I be pregnant ?? I also had sex last night and today I had a bit of sticky discharge again..
i m female, i have a problem that how do i know that i have discharged, during sex i feel wet but my husband feel relax after intercourse but i feel no change..... just wet increases. during last 4 month i didn't get pregnant, im worried. plz guide me.
I had sex yesterday and my vagina has become itchy and white discharge has come out it also has a bit of a smell,help please im worried!
Oh my goodness earlier today I had sex and was sitting on his bed (unclothed) and I felt his come coming out (it normally does I hope its normal) and when I got up we noticed it wasn't clear like usual, it was slightly bloody and a bit greeny, sounds grim but nothing ever hurt or itchy and I'm nearly sure nothing's swollen. I really dont want an STI can someone please reassure me or let me know, clinic isn't open for a few days and I have a phobia of doctors/ hospitals the clinic is scary enough xxx
Hello, me and my boyfriend had sex 2 days ago after 6 months. I am still very sore and I have a whitish discharge. The odour is similar to how it is when you have your period but I've had the implant for over a year. Can anyone help. Me?
I had sex with my bf 2 weeks ago and it was a week before i was ovulating and i was pretty dry for the most part but after we finished i looked down and saw a ton of a watery looking blueish white but still transparent stuff in me. He put on a condom and i inserted spermicide but before we did it i inserted an encare spermicide insert went to the restroom to go urinate and i felt as if it was all running out of me as i was urinating in his bathroom and after i wiped up from using the restroom we had sex.
after the night was over we both got worried and i felt a slight tingling sensation (i dont know if this was just caused from worry because thats happened to me before and i ended up not being pregnant)
since i was worried i inserted another insert about 10 or 15 minutes after we saw the discharge. Could it have been mine or his? because i have a tendency to squirt a lot while having sex but im still wondering because like i said above i was pretty dry before we had sex.
I had unprotected sex and i know he didn't finish cause I told him to stop I can't get pregnant right? And also had a white discharge a day or two later? Need answers??
Hi i had sex on 16 dec and i kept on getting white discharge with blood since after sex till today. Can u pls advise
my date was 1st.. I had sex wd my partner as i finished my chums and had an i pill... I got my periods again on 20th of d same month... I had sex on 28th and my bf let it in... I did not take an i pill as be it either 1st (4days before) or 20th (within 8days) it is safe days... But i am tensed now.. I did not have the pill coz its risky 2 have so often.. Help me.. Will i get my periods and on which date should i calculate 1st or 20th ? Awaitin response.. Thanks
Immediately seek care that just means that you vaginal area is infected.  When you have soreness or swollen and a discharge that means your sex pattern is not clean and spreading her or his bacteria to your vaginal or penis area that's why its important to use protection at all times and also making sure your partner is clean
i am 23 yrs old..me n my bf had sex yesterday for the 1st time..but he have not penetrated his penis into my vagina..some drops of sperm fall on my thigh and i think 1 drop fall on my vagina.i washed it quickly after droping...n even i pee after having that...is there any chance of getting pregnancy????the day later i have noticed my discharge is thick and having some stomach pain near abdomen.. my periods are 14 days ahead...i am very much tensed about this..pls pls..any body help me..
Iv'e had unprotected sex and it was my first time having sex, he sprayed his sperms on my neck now I've been having a lot of clear discharge, could I be pregnant? I'm dead worried please help.
Just wondering.. My bfs condom broke and I am not on birth control for medical reasons. We have a son we couldn't be more proud of, but we wanted to wait a few years before the second. I am wondering if anyone ended up pregnant from having sex on day 7 of their cycle? I have a really irregular cycle, the last one was 39 days and I'm pretty sure I ovulated twice last month. Yesterday was when the condom broke and today I am getting ovulation discharge... Which is waaay too early. Ive also been cramping since the incident. Anyways, I was just curious.
hi i am planning to conceive from 3 months.My question is after having intercourse some liquid is coming out what might may be this?? Is this the sperm or our orgasm??..unable to find it out.please help me out
im the same way.wth is it?
lol I would feel werid talking about it but hey that's what happens haha.thank you by he way helped a lot:)