Discharge with BAD odour, lower pelvic pain, irregular period

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Hi, i am a 22yr old virgin. I've been having really gross smelling discharge (thin brownish AND often thick yellow). The smell is hard to describe, strong and almost like soy sauce/acetone. Very weird. I have also been getting period pain (lower pelvic pain) when i am not menstruating (and normal period pain when i am menstruating), and irregular periods.
The lower pelvic pain is more distinct after masterbation (masturbation). (and that this time the discharge smells garlicish).
I'm freaking out because i dont wear tampons, i dont have sexual intercourse, i wash with water everytime i go to the toilet and other than that i think i am perfectly healthly, not overweight etc.. I wonder what it could be. Mum told me to change to wearing cotton undies, so i have, but it didn't help. Doctor prescribed Flagyl (antibiotic) but that also didn't help. I am due to have an ultrasound for potential polycystic ovaries, so could that be it? And what if it isnt that? Could their be something else.
Any bit of information helps, even if you have had similar symptoms. thanks.
what i was thinking is that the brownish blood is old blood.  It could be a cyst rupturing. I would definitey see if it has to do with Cysts.  PCOS it might be liek you said.  Sorry i wish that I could help more
Yes - that is the smell (and look) of old blood.
A girlfriend of mine experienced symptoms like this when she was about 18 yrs old (also a virgin) and was diagnosed with endometriosis. You should be investigated for that as with her, they removed the endo right away so as not to disrupt her fertility. It is not sexually transmitted, it just happens in many women.
Thankyou for your help. I will repost if it is not endometritis or PCOS. And if it is that, should i be scared? Would i need an operation? Would i be infertile? Thanks again, you women are sweet.
Results for ultrasound came out normal. Everything is normal.
Hmm but i dont feel normal. So what else could it be?? Maybe infection?  That may account for pain and discharge, but what about irregular period...
Endometriosis is not diagnosed with an ultra-sound so they've only ruled old cysts or fibroids. Endo is diagnosed through a laproscopy procedure.

Have you asked your doctor if this could be your problem? Your symptoms don't rule it out.
mkh9 uploaded new photos
LandM2009 commented on LandM2009's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals