Discolored finger

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Discolored finger

I teach 6th grade. One of my students said that his finger was stinging and he wanted to go to the nurse. We were going over something for a test and I asked if he could wait a few minutes and then he could ask again. He never did ask to go to the nurse again, but 15 or 20 minutes later my finger started stinging. I thought it was strange and perhaps psychosomatic. After school I noticed my finger was discolored and looked bruised brownish and felt as though it had a chemical burn like from a harsh cleaner. I showed the school nurse the next day, but she just looked at it with a mini flash light and said it looked as though I had hit the finger which I didn't . She started using a cleaner on her hands.It is about 3 days since this happened and my finger is still discolored on the one side, but it has not spread. It had felt a bit strange initially the first day, but feels normal now. What would be your advise? Do you think that it might be an insect sting? Staph? Some chemical or a school prank? I haven't had class with the student since but he hasn't been absent. He doesn't seem like the type that would do anything like this. Thanks!
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
Shannon79 commented on cheekyhalfs's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals