Discontinued birth control after 10 years!
So, I stopped taking birth control (Yaz) after 10 years of being on various birth controls; mainly Loestrin. I had only been on Yaz for a couple of months. Anyway, I stopped in the middle of a cycle, which I know is a bad idea, but I just wanted to stop taking them and didn't want to wait. After a couple days, I started bleeding and that lasted about a week. But mentally and emotionally, I've just been kind of out of it. My anxiety flares up, I get kinda depressed, but mostly I'm super spacey and I feel like that on and off all day. What do I do about it? When will it go away? It's so irritating and I find it hard to concentrate!
It can be due to anxiety neurosis but such symptoms can occur due to long term intake of birth control pills as well. Treatment options for anxiety neurosis include include cognitive behaviour therapy,medicines like SSRI’s,benzodiazepines and psychological counseling.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.