Disgusting foul smell and extreme wetness during intercourse.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I have been having and extremely disgusting odor and wetness during intercourse forthe past two months. I have been tested and do not have an STD and have been with the same (and only) partner for 7 months. I have not changed my diet. No pain, or lumps, bumps, rashes, nothing else out of the ordinary. I have not made it to see my doctor due to scheduling problems ( I am extremely busy). I was weondering if anyone had an suggestions? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
is it your boyfriend?? maybe he has something wrong and is passing it to u?
hi! what kind of smell does it have? if it is a fishy smell then it could be bv (it is not a std) it is kind of like a yeast infection but it has to be treated with annitobicts to get rid of it and if not treated it can cause PID. do you have any white discharge?
A very prominent sign of gardinerella (excuse the spelling if it is wrong) is a foul smell after the period is over.  It's not a big deal to treat, just antibiotics, but it's something to act on rather soon once the person notices it.  You might have a bacteria like that.  Get to the doc as soon as you can work it in. :)
You could possibly have BV, which is an infection like the above poster said. I had the same thing a few months ago, with the foul odor and a lot of discharge that I noticed especially after sex. The only way to clear BV up is with antibotics, so you must go to a doctor to get tested. Hope this helps, & good luck.
Usually a foul smell has something to do with a bacterial infection. Also, if you started taking supplements such as Fish Oil, or other herbal supplements, sometimes you will end up with this very foul smelling odor. However, a very common reason for this type of odor is a bladder or kidney infection. When you urinate, do you experience that odor then also?  Get to your doctor, bring a "clean caught" early morning specimen of your urine (the minute you wake up and keep the sample in the refrigerator) and then take it to the doctor.  I had something similar, twice, and each time it was a kidney infection.  Hope this helps.
I've been dealing with a problem I don't know if anyone else is going threw this. I take 2 showers a day and still I have this odor on me. I've been to the doctor she tried different things and nothing seems to work. I don't understand and why this have to happen to me. I need help this is ruin my life.
hi i know i have bv...but i don't have any health insurance...what should i do? is there place that lets you get medication without insurance
I havent had sex in about 2 years and I have this fishy spoild smell as soon as my cycle is over...that's the only time i smell it...what could be the cause of this
Hey were u able to get the medication for BV
try to go to the local board of health department or your local planned paretnthood. or free clinic. eat yogurt , or take acidophilus pills  they have good bacteria that is normally found in the vagina. your ph is off thats why you have that fishy foul odor.  taking showers will essen the chance of getting bacteria  vaginosis bacteria thrives in hot moist dark place
I have a extreme discharge, clear, to me not unpleasant, but my guy finds both the amount of discharge and the odor a turn off.  This happens only when we have intercourse.  We have had our only arguments due to this because he refuses to touch me intimately due to the extreme "moisture" and the odor that remains afterwards.  I love him very much and don't want to lose him.  It breaks my heart that this is such a turn off for him because it is something I can't control.  I'm healthy, no infections, I suffer from fibromyalgia but take no prescriptions to control the pain or inflammation so I know it can't be a prescription drug contributing.  I don't know what to do because he says douching won't help and I shower every day and take baths frequently in the evening before bed, so hygienically I'm extremely clean.  I'm at a loss.  I'm thinking it might just be him, but I don't want to give him up due to this one small thing.  Any help, any ideas are welcome.
can a male produce the fishy smell or is it just women... i had sex wiv a girl and the smell was horrible. i didnt know if i should be ringing the doctor or if she should be.. after reading this topic i think it sounds like the girl i was with needs some anti-biotics or could there be any chance that its me that needs the appointment.....
vaginal bacteriosis causes the foul smell due to an imbalance of your ph level in the vagina.  It is nothing serious but does require antibiotic.  however, sometime it can also be the male that's causing this imblance.  The semen maybe more alcaline which throws off your ph and therefore causing the odour.  The only pain in the *ss is, some doctors just don't give a sh*t and just brush it off and say it's normal, end of story!

I have also had a bad odor, only during and after sex, for the past few weeks now. My man noticed it right away and is very turned off because of it.. i also smell it and i`ve never had it before. I am clean - both of us are - and shower daily - what do i do?!  He also says that it irritates him slightly ..like his balls almost a burning sensation but only after sex. Could this be due to BV like mentioned above?
i recently noticed i have a foul odor coming from my vagina its pretty annoying i shower on a regular basis ive had sex but its been with the same guy i have no health insurance and i cant afford to go to the doctor ive taken some azo pills i bought from wal mart to see if that would help but i still have this strong odor. is there anything else i can buy cheaply to get rid of it please respong
For the past two weeks whenever my husband and I have sex we smell like fish like odor. It is only present during or after intercourse. What can it be and what should I do since we are trying to conceive?
I had posted about this problem in Jan. I went to the doctor and she told me it was BV. I got a prescription and it was gone when i finished the pills. It has'nt come back since.
they have a med you can buy over the counter now for BV. VH essentials is the name of it. i work at a walgreens and have also had bv a couple of times but only after i have sex with my partner. i don't understand why i keep getting it. if anyone has answer let me know please.
if it is to much alciline in the mans sperm can he take anything to prevent it from reaccurring?
when i have sex with my husband there is a foul smell.  I always thought that there should not be an ordor during sex.  but, when i have sex with someone else there is no ordor.  My husband is 20 yerars older than me.  He drinks alcohol and i don't could it be the chemistry make-up.  Or do we need to see the doctor.  I have an yearly check-up and has been tested for std
Hi, i have had bv several times and several courses of antibiotics. I was prescribed some vaginal pessaries called balance activ to use for prevention and maintenance of ph levels. When i use the pessaries the odour during intercourse is not present. If i dont use them the smell is there more often than not but you cant really use the pessary before intercourse but afterwards seems too late, he is already put off by then and i feel horrible. Have had swabs for bv, thrush, stds and all is clear. Got my urine tested and that too is normal. I am getting very down about it, makes me feel dirty but its def not normal, it cant be. He reassures me he is not going anywhere and we will get it sorted but cant help thinking he is gonna get fed up of it and go elsewhere. Anyone feel the same? or have the same problem?
There is BV and then there is cronic (chronic) BV, cronic (chronic) BV is when it keeps coming back, you take the meds and then about 2 months later its back!!!! BV can smell like garbage, fish, poop, and some other stank I cant figure out, my cousin has even said hers has smelled like rusty wire, the longer you leave it the stinkier and wetter you get, now I have been taking RepHresh Pro-B and the RepHresh Douch and the wetness is gone i feel fresh again and the smell is gone, sometimes I notice a light fishy smell during sex but the next day I go and get a RepHresh douch and im back to good!!!! So you can try this it has been working for me so far :) I get my RepHresh from Zellers, Shoppers Drugmart, Walmart and so on it is about $40 for the Pro-B pills and about $15 for the douch.
hey ummmm, im a virgin and i think ive had this weird smell for as long as i can remeber, i think it started about 7th grade, im in 10th grade now and it's still there, i take showers, and after evry shower the smell is still there. im scared to use a douch or whatever seeing as how nothing has been in my vagina ever, not even a tampon. i dont have a obgyn or whatever yet, n its super embarrising so i havent told anybody. but i want to anominously ask for a solution. so far from the above posts i think i might have that bv thing. but idk what to do, im embarresed to tell my mom or my docter. soo ya, help please thanks.
You could go to school nurse or a health dept previously mentioned. But I really recommend you speak with mom. Not only will it bring you closer, she can help you prevent further complications down the line.. Female organs are very complicated and delicate.  
The reason women acquire BV my doc told me is because of multiple partners within the man or women if it's reaccuring time after time. You may not necessarily get an STD but if one partner has had more partners than the other past/present it could throw a womans ph off balance causing PH. & some women are just more like to get BV because everyone has different immune systems
exactly what kind of antibiotic should be taken to treat this BV?
honey you should go to the doctor it can be sign of cevical cance i went threw the same thing and it was cancer so you need to tell you boyfriend he needs to stand by you threw this it may turn him off but it is not your fault if he loves you he will be there for you go to the doctors sap because it might be to late  
i am 18 and so is my boyfriend. for a year now we have been each other's only sexual partners. I get a strong odor and extreme wetness during sex and recently my boyfriend got a rash where my fluids touched him. What could this be? iv always had a history with BV. does he have a different infection? did i infect him? im so clueless SO PLEASE HELP!
Anyone having a horrible, unbearable smell with a brownish and watery discharge, especially after sex or a bowl movement that drips, as well as after sex, and not experiencing any other flu - like symptoms, as crazy as it sounds, it is probably a tampon that got lost or forgotten about. I had this happen to me. The smell was disgusting and i did some research and found my same symptoms and i thought I would never forget about a tampon.  But I decided to check. I felt it and knew that it was a tampon that was causing the smell and dripping discharge. It's nothing to be scared of, but I went to the ER to have mine removed because I tried for 30 minutes to get it out myself. The doctor said it happens all the time but may cause serious infections and i was pumped with shots of antibiotics and prescription meds. Don't dream out, just give it a check and stay calm.
Most comments are right, sounds like "bacterial vaginosis" or BV. which is an overgrowth in the normal flora (organisms) found in your vagina. (yeast is also one, overgrowth: yeast infection..etc.) anti-biotics usually are only needed in extreme cases (I.e. Tampon left in after mesus) or if you are pregnant. (can irritate the cervix and possible cause a miscarriage) but a good pro-biotic over the counter remedy should restore a good balance. Avoid douching, adopt a more conservative pubic hair style (hair keeps a protective layer to protect against intruding micro-organisms) or try a vegan diet. (for myself, this worked as a pleasant side effect of a healthier lifestyle)

Good luck...
Please can anyone help everytime me and husband have sex its smells that bad we have to stop he has never said anything bad about it it might just be an infection please please please I need your help
Well me and my husband been together for 3years and i think his semen is throwing off my ph level and its causing me to have a odor...but the odor only comes if he lets go inside of me...im trying the represh stuff but last night when we tried to have sex i bled.Wednesday im having a pap smear done...but is this normal and the instructions on the rephresh box say we can still have intercourse while taking it can someone please help....
I been going an going to the docters about a.smell I had for years.i been treated for bv .yeast  ..an also for the higj blood pressure I have an yet this.smell womt go away...i stay alone so I have to.work..the smell is.so.strong I clear off the bud or train an just pray I keep my job everyday...i tryed it all dont no what to do anymore...i have no life..
I'm 46 and I've been married to and having sex with the same man for 25 years. For the last couple of weeks I've been having foul garbage smell after sex.  The only thing different in my life is I started Jenny Craig diet 4 weeks ago, and have been eating more yogurt as it calls for 1 or 2 per day.  I don't usually eat yogurt ever.  So is this yogurt throwing off my balance down there or what else could be causing this odor I've never in my life experienced?  
what pills did the doctor give you??
Hey, I'm having this same problems! I get slight blood and my vagina discharge is very smelly! Like fishy smell! I haven't had sex for over 3 years and I just got this recently about (3 months ago) when I masturbated too hard, (my tool has a crack and I must have cut my inside, bled a lot) I'm scared to see a doctor as I'm only 26.. Someone please tell me what's wrong..
I do not believe in douching because it kills good bacteria; however, for BV douche with Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with water and it will cure it without antibiotics, which cause me to get a yeast infection whenever I take them. If you have a yeast infection, douche with plain yogurt mixed in water. It will cure the yeast infection right up and your vagina will feel an amazing cooling sensation and just really clean and healthy. :)
mine has a foul fishy smell only when i have sex and i have white discharge. what do you think it could be.
yes been there done that..
my drs have been incompetant mental cases. i was diagnose with a bv vaginosis like ten years ago. i had to be forceful to get the nyc dr to diagnose what a dr i saw out of country diagnosed without even taking atest. then a competant med student. ( not all are ) did. i forgot bout this but i also ahve this reocurring smell and dont know if its the guy . I have told drs about this and asked about gyn one jerk in soho almost had a break down as i asked bout gyn and i freaked out. i have been so neglected medically because drs are on drugs mentlay ill or like moving on cocaine and cant even be Drs any more. i have also gotten very sick in last years so now after reading this, and after having a flue where the smell out of ny sinus reminded me of that. i am going back to a competant dr. Do not go to fast med clinics. u wont get care. and be forceful . if the dont diagnose u with it go to next dr. that is how i got diagnose bu telling the evil witch i was not inept and know my own self. they wil wear u down till you dont know. i have had this for years. and felt it was the guy. i got bv from a person who was also person to go with slutty women. cut him off.  i was lucky,, dont even know if i am lucky . i got to drs right away. even drs who could not diagnose a urinary track infection or folow upo on its risk or what it could be side effect of. be ur own best dr ..