Disturbing sensation in genital (saddle) area
For the last 4 days I have been experiencing an odd sensation in my genitals. What I thought may be muscle spasms, but the feeling isnt internal more of surrounding the area. The following description is not meant for humor, it is the only way i can accurately describe this sensation for understanding.
In my pelvic area (not muscular) I have a pulsing vibrating feeling. It is like I have my phone on vibrate and its sitting in my lap. Like a phone that goes BUZZ (pause) BUZZ, this is the same sensation. I am not having this anywhere else on my body. I looked up symptoms and came accross something called CAUDA EQUINA syndrome the compression of nerve areas that can cause tingleness and paralysis in the lower body. I am praying that this isnt the case, but your input would be greatly appreciated. i need to also state that the feeling isnt painful in anyway, nor pleasurable, it is just down right annoying and I want it to stop and get treated. Thanks
I, too have been experiencing the same type of sensation.  I often carry my cell phone in my pocket and I swear the sensation in the genital area is like the vibrating of my cell phone.  What is this strange feeling?
A note of hope - I first experienced this same vibration sort of feeling 10 years ago. I was in a job where I had to sit for long periods of time, and when I first felt it I thought perhaps there was a machine of some type in the basement of the building where I worked. When I realized it was internal, I went to the chiropractor, who said it was because I was sitting on a nerve that was being interfered with.  He fixed it with one adjustment, and then I bought one of those big balls to sit on and had no more problems until a year ago.  It started again - we've moved to a different state, so I couldn't go to that chiropractor, so I found another one (after 2 false starts) who fixed it again.  It CAN go away with proper adjustments!
I was scared to google “vibrating sensation in genital area”, but I thought I was loosing my mind.  Thanks to all of you for your bravery. I have been experiencing the exact same thing. Always while I was sleeping so that fact made me wonder if I was dreaming. After it happening 5 times in a week and startling me bolt upright, I knew it was really happening. It was like my phone had made its way somehow “there” and was on vibrate.  I reluctantly told my hubby. Needless to say, he also was questioning my sanity. I'm very excited to show him your comments, and slightly less excited to explain the issue to a chiropractor.
I am experiencing these vibration symptoms in my pelvic area and it has started about a month ago,  The only thing I can think of that could be causing it, and this is a long shot, is that I started using my lap top at night while sitting in a recliner with the lap top sitting directly on my lap. It could be that the emf energy from the lap top has triggered something inside of me maybe neurological damage.  I have never experienced this before.  To test this theory, I'm no longer going to use the laptop in this manner, but use it while sitting at a table only.  I'll post in about a week or two to see if the symptoms go away.  Another note, I get the vibrations while sitting at my desk top using my computer.  If this does seem to be causing the vibrations, I have a very easy solution.  Will post after I test it out!
I to have recently experienced the same quivering sensation above pubic area and off to the left slightly, along with some wierd vaginal twitches.. im at the age of 49 with hysterectomy. Just left my chiropractor and she claimed it to be a pinched nerve.. wants me checked for ms though..
Me again.. adjustment did not work... does anyone have any other solutions for this?
Yes, I have had this same vibrating sensation on the left side, called what, the left cheek, next to the vagina...My mate suggested it was the body electric...I do use the computer lots, but not on my lap..just nice to know I am not alone.  anyone find any information on what could cause this? thank you.  ednakay