Dizziness, Numbness in face and left hand,

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

About a month ago I was eating out with a friend, and out of nowhere my left side, and lips went numb.  It only last maybe 15 or 20 seconds,then it went away.  Since then I have been getting numbness in my lips, left hand and arm, dizziness, and sometimes nausea.  It comes and goes, and only lasts seconds (15-30) but it has been happening several times a day now.  The nausea is a lot more frequent, I feel constantly as if I had been out drinking the night before, and still feel queezy.  Is this something serious, or possibly just stress related?
could it be a mild stroke maybe...i've know people who get all numb before they get a stroke...but that's just my opinion...id definately go to your doctor though...that's nothing to let go...it could be stress as well if you are going throught quite a bit right now. Good luck!
I totally agree with lilpony. This needs to be checked out ASAP.
I would not play around with this. Please follow our advice. One time my whole arm went numb and I went to the ER. Turned out to be carpal tunnel syndrome. What you are explaining needs to be checked out now.
thanks for all that replied,  I will have it checked out soon.
Hugs, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Soon? Please make that AS SOON as possible. There is obviously something neurological going on and you should seek a specialist to have some tests run such as an MRI, CT etc... It may be nothing serious, but what you are experiencing are WARNING signs. Listen to your body. And start making a journal of what is happening and when along with anything you are putting into your body (food, meds, etc..) and take it with you to the Dr.
Have you tried posting on the Neuro board? A Doc responds there free of charge but only two new posts per day so it is difficult to get in. Maybe you will have a bit of luck if you try early enough.
But please, again, seek a doc TODAY!!
Definately get in and get that checked ASAP.  My girlfriend had that when we were 24.  After six months of the mini-strokes, she had a pretty major one.  The left half of her face was paralyzed for almost a year.  She was not overweight and ate healthy, she was just under a huge amount of stress.  So don't think that it does not happen to healthy people, because it does.  Please do not get checked out "soon" call on Monday if you are in the States.
Yes...see a doctor, but there is also a condition called Bells-Palsy which mimics the symptoms of a stroke.  Your doctor can diagnose this, as well.  Anything neurological needs to be checked asap.