Do Hemhroids cause odor?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Do Hemhroids cause odor?

I have just recently been treated for C. Difficile because I have found that my Colon was inflamed. Now I have developed internal hemrhoids (gross I know) and I don't know what to do! I've tried to use preparation H and started using white oak bark. But thats only part of the problem. Sometimes I emit this odor that smells like I farted but only every so often. I know because people at school ask what smells like crap and who farted in my classes near me. It's SO embarrassing and just started happening but is this due to the hemhroids? Is there anything I can do to get rid of this disgusting odor? I shower twice a day and use perfume and I have even gone as low as putting deoderant on my butt. Has anyone else experienced this? It's so depressing and embarrassing I just want it to end. Please help :(
An odor can be associated with a hemorrhoid. Haemorrhoid symptoms include the inability to pass a stool and control bowel movements. Inflamed tissue around the anal sphincter can cause bowel leakage, creating an unpleasant odor.

For the treatment, first of all make sure that you increase the fiber intake in your diet Then local anesthetic creams, vasoconstrictors, protectants, antiseptics, analgesics(pain relievers),corticosteroids and keratolytics can be used. Non medical treatment involves sclerotherapy, Rubber band ligation, heat coagulation,cryotherapy and surgery.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for the advice! The hemroids do seem to be getting smaller so I guess the preparation H is finally working. Plus I haven't gotten any comments on how it smells it one of my classes so I guess thats gone away too? I'm not exactly sure though I could just be paranoid bec when ppl cough or touch their nose or something I always think its bec of the way I smell. I've been doing kegal excercises and taking chlorophyll too. Thanks for the help!