Women's Health Community
Do we need to worry about pregnancy?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Do we need to worry about pregnancy?

My girlfriend and I had unprotected sex last night and we are pretty confident based on her cycle that she is ovulating (she said she knows she is).  I ejaculated inside of her.  Within 30-45 minutes she took plan b.  We went to bed and 7 hours later we woke up and had sex again and we thought we were safe since she took plan b so I ejaculated inside her again.

She read the labels/warnings on the plan b box today and she said that she's not protected after she takes the pill.

Are we safe from pregnancy given that we had sex again seven hours later?
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
If there is an 800 number on the box, call it and ask.

Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Since you had unprotected intercourse close to ovulation and then sex even after taking the pills, chances of pregnancy are there although minimal. Hence to confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
So it has been 9 days since she took Plan B and still does not have her period.  She noticed some breast soreness which she said she always gets before her period, but no spotting or cramps.

We were drinking on Saturday night and had unprotected sex with internal ejaculation.  We are now extremely worried and are arguing about our options.

How long is an egg fertile for?  If she was ovulating 9-10 days ago and she took plan b, chances of pregnancy are minimal (as stated above).  What about the time on Saturday that I ejaculated inside her?  If she was truly ovulating a week prior, is the egg still fertile?

She took a pregnancy test today and it was negative.  How long after actual impregnation will a sensitive test show positive?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...