Does a yeast infections cause sores?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Does a yeast infections cause sores?

Does a yeast infection cause sores on the inside and outside of the vagina
No.  You should not have sores with a yeast infection.  It can make your labia swollen, red, and sore but I don't think you should have sores.  I would get that checked out with your doctor.
YES, yeast infections can indeed cause you to have little tears in the skin and labia area. The tears may start to itch before they 'develop' and then you have what looks to be a little fleshy cut. There is such a thing as chronic yeast infection on the external areas- ie: the labia/vulva area. I'm just learning about it myself. I thought I had herpes HSV-1 (which is oral herpes that has 'manifested' itself in the vulva area- not common- but can happen with oral sex with a partner that has herpes (HSV-1) - basically the cold sore that happens on a person's lip (Herpes Simplex 1). Even if the person doesn't have a cold sore at the time of practicing oral sex the cells are always shedding and they can still give you HSV-1. And it can cross infect the vaginal area. A friend had this happen to her. She went to 8 GYN's before they figured it out that it was HSV-1 in her vagina- she had to be blood tested specifically for HSV-1 & HSV-2- and her blood came back positive for HSV-1.... So now she takes Valtrex, not pleasant but she is better.

So I was sure that this is what was happening to me with these vaginal tears/sore spots- but No, my blood came back negative for those viruses... I was prescribed a Nystatin & Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP to use external. If it doesn't work, I may have to take anti-fungal medicine.

Go to the GYN and INSIST on a blood test and culture to rule out herpes or other VD's... Mention that you heard it could be a chronic yeast infection on the vulva area. You may feel embarrassed to ask for these tests, but I am so thankful that I sucked it up and was straight up about what I thought it was. Now I know, yeast. It's better to know that not know and continue to be upset and/or infect other people!

Hang in there, hope you find your answers & relief soon!  
This has helped me so much I had a sore that felt like little tears ubove my vagina it started out itchy and now it is just very sore to the touch I described my symptoms to my doctor and she said it sounded like a yeast infection but this comment made me feel ten times better thanks!
Thank you so much ,for this info.I was trully worried .I know ,I have a yeast infection .All the symptoms are there .Its just that what you mentioned about tears in the skin.I've never experienced that before ever.I haven't been active ,period .Since my husband has been deployed.I'm actually a faithful Army wife .So  an STD was never a possibility .Before I read this ,I thought .I may have picked up something from a public rest room .Using the toilet or something .Thank you so much,is all I can say ....
Well I have itching and cottage cheese/milky discharge. I also have a red sore on the inside of my vagina lip (the lips you shave) and I was thinking genital herpes but the guy I'm sexually active with I've performed oral sex on many times so I figured if it was genital herpes I would also have oral herpes. Any insight please?
I am kinda worried. I've had the symptoms of a yeast infection and the doctor diagnosed me with a year infection and then treated it. Well it helped for about a month then the symptoms came back but this time I have some bumps and I keep getting these cuts too and they hurt really bad I don't have any type of medicaid or insurance at the time so I am kinda freaking out here any suggestions? :/
You Probably Have A Survere Overgrowth Of Yeast . I Know Because Im Dealing With It Now . You Have To Go On A "Candida Diet" And Change Your Eating Habbits . Certain Foods Yu Eat Can Feed The Yeast And Make It Stronger & The Yeast Infection Reoccur & Last Longer . Just Use Google & Look Up "Candida Diet". You Will Be Able To Eat Foods That Are Good For Yu But Starve The Yeast .