Does it hurt?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Does it hurt?

i just want to know can a man tell if your a virgin the even if you are..and does it hurt the first time you have sex?
I noticed this is your second question about sex. Not to be rude but if you are not ready then don't do it.

It did hurt for me a little bit and a man cannot tell if you are a virgin or not.( thats what I heard)
It's true they can't tell.  Also if it is your first time, it may hurt and you may have slight bleeding or you may not have anything. Make sure it is the right time for you, only you will know when to take that step and don't be pressured into it.  Also be safe. It's not sex it's making loooove!
thanks..yea ur right lol its making love! and  yea i am sure but i just have questions..ya kno...i mean i kno its right u just have things that race through ur mind anyway!
I understand that! I regret my first time and I like to make sure others make their first time special and meaningiful. just relax and make sure your not pressured.
that's right...if youre not sure then don't do it...pls be 100% sure so you don't have to regret, for me it did hurt and I did bleed...but thank God I never regreted it and it was the right choice...Im still with the same person and we both know we are meant for each other =D ...I don't think they can tell if youre a virgin they'll probably find out if there's a red spot on the sheets lol
thanks nadt or however it is lol...yea it will be special..i am gonna be his 2nd girl..and well he has something planned to..thanks for looking out for a girl!
thats what I am here for =)
Well my first time was not so great either and wish it was different.  My thinking at the time was is that all the huff was about.Disappointed...  Now I know the huff is better with the right man.
yea he is right trust me i kno..and it is mutal..its not like i am into the relationship more then he is! so its good..and it will be good..i just don't wanna suck at it!! is there any advice???
losing your virginity is a huge deal.  remember it doesn't make you automatically grown up although it may feel that way.  my first time was with a boyfriend i thought i would be with forever (and turns out it wasn't forever) and now looking back on it, it wasn't all that special and i regret that.  also, if you are going to take taht step and make love understand that it's not just physical, there are a lot of emotions involved, especially for the girl, and things do not always work out like we think they will.  and most importantly, if you are going to make love be careful...make sure you have a good condom (new trojan is a good idea) and make sure he knows how to use it properly.  it would be good if you made sure that you knew how to use it properly too.  remember, no form of protection is 100% safe, but a condom is your best bet for preventing pregnancy and std's.  think carefully about your decision and if there is any adult you can talk to (parent, family friend, teacher) you should because this is a really big decision.
... To tell you the truth, guys usually dont notice. If he's a virgin, then he can have sex with anyone and think that's what it's supposed to feel like... If it's a guy that has been around the block, then he's happy to just get it in. But to most guys, they love to be the 'first' to take your cherry.
It hurts the first time, but not too much.. you kind of get over it.

But WHY would you want to give up something so special!? Sure the 'first time' is supposed to be romantic, but that only lasts for that moment. The next day, it's gone and you can't get it back. Virginity is precious and ask any single girl in her 20's if she could turn back time, the majority will say 'yes'.
And that's a true fact.
dont go into it thinking "what do i do" it will make it a bad experience. Just relax and enjoy it.
Hi Sis! That's a very very good question. I think it's realy hard for guys to tell. Even the guys that claim they "can tell"; what they realy are doing is guessing.
Two of my girlfriends have lied about their virginity and the guys totally bought it.
I hope your first time is special. If you guys are realy in love i think you will be more focused on the love  making. Don't think about if it'll hurt or not. It'll be ok sweetie.
make sure you are ready before you give in to the hormones raging-----sex is a very big deal and not to be taken lightly---a lot of responsibility comes with it not just the doing the deed.......no they can not tell you are a virgin unlesas you vocally tell them.......yes it does hurt some......just remember to be ready and not give in just because.........

take care!!
Someone help me. I need to know; is there any way besides having the right guy take it, that I can lose my virginity LESS painful?
I just lost my virginity on 7/14 on my wedding night.  The right guy does help, but depending on his size (my husband is large) it is going to hurt.  However, if he helps set the mood, provides plenty of foreplay and you have lubricant, it isn't unbearable.  Most of all relax.  It still is a little sore when we initially begin intercourse, but once we are in the groove, I am fine.  (Not that I am being preachy, but do not lose your virginity unless you are 100% sure he is the one.  The best decision of my life was waiting for my husband.  Even if I had had sex prior to my wedding, I would want to know he was a man I trusted and truly cared about.)  Good luck... don't be scared!
If you want it to be less painful, the only way is to loose your 'virginity' by artificial means - ie penetration with something while masturbating. If you use tampons it shouldn't be too bad.
I want to know the truth about losing your virginity does it really HURTS or no and how big is the pain? And for how long does it hurts? And about the next day will it hurt again or NO?