Does sex hurts for the first time?????????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

i am a virgin and some times i wonder  if its right remaining one at age 22.i have dated many guys who leave me because i cant have sex with them.i start wondering if or not i should get dis-virgin,i hear from a few that the first time hurts and i am so scared of anything that hurts me...ya including love too.seriously what do i do.go in or not and if i should does it hurt and for how long?????????  
it only hurts the first time a lil it doesnt hurt that bad
Hi!  First off I'd like to say congratulations!!!  Being a virgin at 22 is not an easy thing to do usually!  I was a virgin til I was 21...so you're not alone.  It didn't hurt me the first time I had sex though.  Some people say that it does, but I think that everyone is different.  Don't dread it though.  I would find someone I really love first though, don't make it just a random act.  My first is now my husband and we have two children together.  It makes it so much better and special when you love the person and actually care to be with them forever rather than just sleeping with whoever.  And don't let the guys you were with before make you feel bad just because you don't want to have sex!  Don't be scared though, you will know when it's the time for you.  I knew it was my time...it was strange..good luck though!  
There's nothing wrong with being a virgin at your age, and frankly if a man leaves you just because you won't have sex then they're worthless anyways. I agree with the above poster. I had sex for the first time a week before my 18th birthday with the guy I had been with for 3 years. In total I've been sexually active with 2-3 guys including my husband. Some say sex is casual, but I personally don't. It should be with someone you love and want to be with. Not to mention casual sex can bring on undesired STDs, pregnancy with idiots, etc. Always think about the guy you're about to sleep with and if it's someone you can see yourself with. If it's not, don't have sex with him.
thanks dear.all those around me for now are jerks.for now i dont have a guy or lets say nufin serious.thanks so much for the advice ladies
it didnt hurt me the first time! Hope things go well with you!
Clysta and tgtiffany gave you some great advice. Your first time may or may not be painful, it's different for everyone, so you can't go off of others' experiences. And you may or may not bleed your first time either. Many times the hymen is broken long before you have sex for the first time by using tampons or by sports. I think it's important to love the person with whom you will give your virginity to, which will make the experience all the more enjoyable. I hear of many women who have sex with just someone to "get it over with" and then a few years down the line really regret doing that. My first time was with my current fiance and I am so glad I waited for him.  
wow nice one....kul experiences.thanks i will definitely think this over
Hi am Hannah, am 18 years..
Am scared of being disvirgin cuz of the blood and the pain.
If i get disvirgin will i bleed alot and for how long... And z it very painful... Pls i will be glad if u can give me advice.