Donating Plasma??
Hi, at the school that my husband is going to they are looking for people to donate plasma for $240 a donation. He is wanting to do it for a little extra cash. Does anybody know what this is? How do they get it? I'm not even sure what plasma is. I'm going to google it when I'm done here. But I was hoping that somebody here knew anything about it.
thanks
donating plasma is extracting blood then running it through a machine to get the plasma.  Plasma is made in the bone marrow and is needed by many people who have bone deficienes.  240 is a lot for plasma donations.  Here in TX you get 50 a donation.  I thought, as with all medical procedures, the FDA regulates how much on can get.  That way people will look at what they are doing compared to how much they get to do it.  For example, in drug testing testing a potentially dangerous drug will give the same money as one testing a harmless drug.  You should always know how and why they do the procudres the way the do.  Think of your self first.  Also after giving plasma for a few donations you will typically get scare tissue build up in the area due to the size of needle they have to use.  This will never go away.  If it does not bother you then keep going.  Some people think it looks like a herione scar.  The plasma center will give you a card that states you are a donor if every questioned by your job.  Hope this helps.It is a very admirable thing to do.  I know people who had their lives saved by someones donation of plasma.
I love to do it and I miss it! I can't wait to do it again after I have this baby. For me, it's a very relaxing thing. I watch a movie and lay in a bed. I get paid to be there from work. I do work at the Mayo Clinic, so that makes sense. But they don't pay us! I wish they did!! I guess paying for our time is good too, but not like the $240. They give your blood back, too. I like that. I prefer that over whole blood donation. It's a great idea! I think everyone should do it if they can!
where can idonate plasma in london, UK?