Dostinex and pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Dostinex and pregnancy

Can anyone help me I have been on dostinex for 2 months due to high prolactin levels ( no period for 12 months until 23 august this year)Did a pregnancy test yesterday showing positive but faintly that says this could be because its early days Doc (Locum . My GP is on holidays so is my Endocrinologist) did test same result he couldn't give me a definite answer because he did not know the drug.Does anyone know if Dostinex can give a false positive test result? I would be grateful if anyone could help me both myself and my husband really want the test to be positive
I read online at drugs.com about this drug.  It does not seem, from it's description of what it treats and how it treats it, that it would show a positive reading for hcg (which is the pregnancy hormone that a hpt detects).  But it does say to tell your doctor immediately if you become pg.  As I'm typing I can't remember if you said you told your doc or not - but you should stop taking the drug and tell your doc IMMEDIATELY that you got a positive hpt!!!
i have been on the dostinex since last week. any information
can dostinex cause a false negative test? I have had normal period for the last two months being on dostinex and now my period  is 6 days late. my fiance and i did have unprotected sex around time of ovulation. please help!!!!
I experienced the same I was on a dostinex therapy for 5 years now. Sometimes 1 pill, sometimes 1/2 pill, taking the dosage every 4th day...
We have conceived now with my husband but I have bad feeling about caring this baby, do you know if the HPT (home pregnancy test) result is false due to dostinex?
And I have read that there are many risks about you and the baby for having them since your dosage will be removed due to the pregnancy?
Is it better to abort or no?