Double Uterus
How can you conceive a baby with a double uterus?
Hey,
So many people with double uteri over here, it seems to be common !!!
happy stories, sad story (knholmgren, I'm sorry for you). It gives me hope that even if it may be risky, it can even be just as normal as if I was normally shapped !!!
I'm still not pregnant yet, still hoping to get pregnant soon, still hoping to be able to deliver without section.
Enjoy the week-end, have a nice xmas time.
I can not believe how many women have posted uteral abnormality stories on this web-site, good and bad. I actually feel lucky after reading all of the posts! I have two fully formed uteruses, cervixes and four fallopian tubes and thought that it was so rare that I would never find anyone else who understood how I felt.. I don't have children yet but I plan to try soon. My doctor has told me that I should have no problems but that they never really know til it happens. I give my best wishes to all those women trying to conceive and congrats to those who have beaten the odds. It gives me comfort to know that there are others.
Cheers
Fully formed is good news! It looks that you could be even luckier than normal !!!
Do you get two vagina as well ?
There was a daddy talking about his teenage girl who was the same as you. Two fully formed uteri and four ovaries. The problem was sha also had four breast whish become is a major problem as every one can see it...
Keep us on news!
I'm still not pregnant yet :( ... I'll let you know if it happens !
I found out 11yrs ago that I had a missing kidney, 2 uterus, one cervix and 2 vaginas. I would have never known any of this if I hadn't become pregnant with my daughter. The only way i could deliver her was by c-section. The uterus that I was carrying her in was to small and she was born 2 months premature and weighed 4lbs 4oz. but she was perfect!
That's nice of you to give us some nice example ! Doctors are not so confident with our problem, nor familiar, so, they can scare us a bit !
It sounds that most of the time, premeture birth is the only trouble ! We just have to seek a great hospital to give birth in !
My periods had always been very painful and I would bleed a lot and the gynecologist would just tell me that it was normal and put me on the pill to straighten it out.  At 17 I became pregnant and when they did the ultrasound they discovered what they thought was either a double uterus or a large tumor.  I was 9 weeks pregnant and they told me they would have to do a laparoscopy to remove whatever it was.  After the procedure, they told me it had been a double uterus and that the fetus was in the left uterus which they said was a fibrous mass and would have ruptured around 20 weeks.  1 year later I was pregnant again and had my daughter at 38 weeks.  I have been trying to get pregnant recently and have had no luck.  I'm starting to think I might not be able to have a baby again.
I meant to add that it's now 7 years later after having my daughter that I am trying with no luck.
I also have been through the heavy periods and cycles that were 'out of whack' and its so good to find this site. I started visiting a Naturopath last year and getting serious about my health and trying to have a baby, Im 37yrs old. My periods became regular for the first time ever without drugs and I felt more mentally stronger. A few months ago I was referred to a Acupuncturist who also gave me chinese herbs and we made an appt to start IVF next month. Well around New Years my period was really light spotting for a day or two and then light spotting for the past month. I was overseas at the time and went to see my doc on Monday when we got back home. He suggested that I might have fibroids and booked me in for a scan the following day. As I sat in the waiting room I thought how weird it would be if I was pregnant at last. After years of heartache I pushed it out of my mind and hope there was nothing to seriously wrong as we were starting IVF in 3weeks. The technician started the scan and guess what, no fibroids but a gestational sac. The moment was absolutely surreal and I'm still coming to terms with it. Got another doc appt this morning and found this site to give some hope to others and find positive feedback. Believe in ourselves and trust in the Lord, have a great day in whatever part of the world you live in.
I am 21 years old i have a 1 year old and a 2 year old. I have a double uterus and cervix. I have been experiencing joint pains, hot flashes, severe mood swings, sadness, weird periods, decreased sex drive,frequent urination,sleeping disturbance, headaches, and I was wondering if anyone has any information on what might be wrong with me? Do you think because of the double female parts could I come across cancer or something like it?
Well the doctors visit didnt go to well, the report said No gestational sac was evident. I went from a huge high to feeling below low. As I had already told the whole world we were expecting I didnt want to talk to anyone (and they were all ringing to congratulate me!)...Anyway fast forward 3wks and I get these cramps and am still bleeding go to the doctor who suggests I am miscarring or ectopic. Confused, hopeful well the doc rings me at wk to tell me that I am definately pregnant and my level is 215 so between 6-8weeks. Honestly sometimes when you least expect it a miracle happens. We are so excited!
I am currently 42-yrs old.  I was born with a double uterus and double cervix.  Also had a vaginal septum seperating the cervixes.  

I had my first son over 22-yrs ago.  Back then, the doctor noted the "vaginal septum" but didn't really bother to explore it any further.  First born was breach, so they took him by C-section.  Saw my medical records for that and it noted that they took out my uterus to look at it, but didn't see any abnormalities at that time and put it back in.  

Years passed.  I saw many different doctors because of moving around.  Each time, I put in the records that I had the "vaginal septum" - all looked at it and noted it in their charts, but none explored it any further until I got my first female OB/GYN.  That's when she found the double cervix!!  She performed "laser ablation of the vaginal septum" so (reportedly) you could see the cervix side-by-side.  She suspected I had a double uterus (uteri) too, but I'd just lost my job and insurance, so we couldn't really explore any further at that point in time.

Many more years passed.  Found a new man in my life.  Got remarried....  We wanted more kids.  He knew of the possibilities as I'd told him about them.  With new insurance, we finally verified the double uterus (uteri).  Couldn't seem to get pregnant tho', so we underwent fertility treatments.  One miscarriage, second live birth (now 6yrs old) in which I spotted blood throughout the whole entire pregnancy and which also resulted in a C-section birth, and then a second miscarriage.  

Ended up with adenomyosis in both uterus (uteri) and had a hysterectomy and had both cervixes removed at that time.  Kept my ovaries (born with only one set of those!) and they're still functioning at this point, so no HRT needed.      
I also have the double uterus with double vagina and cervix.  Just yesterday I came to the hospital after my water broke and contractions began.   I was approx. 20 weeks along.  Well the my baby was born but died immediately as he was too young.  His name is baby Jonathan as he looks so much like his father.  I have known about my double uterus and the possible complications that it causes with pregnancy prior to this pregnancy I had 2 miscarriages very early on...less than 10 weeks.

I have never been a woman who "wanted to be a mom".  It never made a difference if it happened great, if not so be it.  But now I want to be...I feel so guilty about loosing Baby J.  Right after I got pregnant ended up loosing my job, my home and almost my car.  So then I started living out of hotels.  It was hard for me not to be lifting the bags.  Plus I had a part time job on the weekends where I had to lift my client.  So I wish I wasn't so stressed out and didn't do all that lifting.

On top of that I was trying to get some insurance to have prenatal care...it was taking the state forever to help me out.  Then when the water broke, I took a minute to get to the hospital as I was checked into a hotel and had to get my things backed or loose it all the next day...maybe that would have made a difference.  I spoke to the doctor who stated it wouldn't have mattered as my uterus didelphis caused it to happen.  He said it would happen again and I need to see and infertility specialist prior to getting pregnant.

I now know in the future I do want to be a mom, but I feel so guilty regarding Baby J.  I know my wonderful man, Jonathan will be reluctant because of everything I went thru...currently getting a second unit of blood from all the blood loss.  Sitting in my hospital bed typing this...

I just don't know if my guilt will heal, if I will ever forgive myself for Baby J.  In the beginning because of loosing my job and what not I didn't want to have the baby.  But everytime I made an appt. for the procedure, chaos prevented me from going.  Maybe this is my punishment.  Then I have fears that my wonderful man may not want to deal with a woman who has difficulty with pregnancy.  Of course he denied it but I still fear it as I love him so much and I know he loves me also and that is where he doesn't want to see me go thru this again.

After I find a new job and get back on my feet and stable again, I know I want to have a baby but do it right by seeing a specialist and taking care of myself.  My guilt and fears scare me....

The guilt is overwhelming and the pain hurts so much....any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

BabyJonathan's Mommy
I'm so sorry for your loss!!!!  (((((((((HUGS)))))))))

I'm sure it's all that much harder because you had conflicting feelings on the matter.  :(  I have a friend (no double anything) who went through something very similar last year....  

She has one older son, but after her and the ex broke up, she found they were homeless in Las Vegas and she was about to lose her job due to the slowing economy.  The dad is a total deadbeat.  I told her to pack up what precious momentos they could fit in their car, ship the rest FedEx ground or UPS ground, give away or sell all their furnishings (they're replaceable), and move back to where me and my family were living - that she and her son could stay with us.  

On the drive here, she decided to do a pregnancy test in the hotel - found out she was pregnant.  Since things were already going so bad for them, she initially resented the baby.  When she started to accept it, she miscarried.  She was absolutely devestated!!  Feeling guilty....  Thought if she hadn't felt that way, even voiced them, things would've been different.  She mentally beat herself up over it.  

Absolutely broke my heart.  :(    

They stayed with us until she got back on her feet again, but we talk about it and she says that helps her a lot!  I also helped her get furnishings for their duplex they moved into - we went onto sites such as CraigsList and FreeCycle and hit garage sales.  I also had a few odds and ends to give to them....  We talk several times a week and go out to lunch or dinner and a movie once a month.    

As for that doctor that advised you of your situation.  I'm on the fence there....  Absolutely, pregnancy can be a risk for us, but it's also a risk to women who don't have our medical condition too.  Miscarriages happen in a "normal" body as well .  Many of us with our condition manage to get pregnant without a specialist in the picture.  I did my first time around!  Not absolutely positive it helped the second time around (almost 17yrs later!!)....  

Good luck!  (((((((HUGS)))))))
I too have a double uterus and cevix. I started having children at the age of 28. I know have 2 children. The doctor told me when I first got pregnent we would have to take day by day. I was his second patient with a double uterus she had several problems thru her pregnancies but still ended up with a girl.

My first child came 4 weeks early and they had to take him c-section 6lb 5oz. The second was full term and was 7lb.

good luck to anyone else trying to have children.
Just take it day by day
Hi, I have a double uterus with one cervix. I've been on contraception since Jan 2005. My husband and I tried for about a year to fall pregnant - with no luck. Since then we've not been actively trying, but we've not been preventing either. My question is does anyone have any problems with thier preiods? I was told that as periods are from hormones that I should have periods at the same time, and they couldn't come at different times. (from each womb) I now constantly spot, every single day. I don't think I'm ovulating at all. Anyway does anyone else have anything similar?
my fiance is 30 weeks pregnant .. she has a double womb and 2 cervixes .. she is pregnant in the right womb and you can clearly see the baby is only on the right hand side of her belly.. we went for scans and everything seems fine thank god .. the doctor said she can go full term (which i thought was not possible for women with this condition).. at the minute she cant sleep she has very bad heart burn and she feels so tight she thinks the baby is running out of room to grow . but the doctors just say everything is fine there is room  .. should i be worried ??? over the past few days the baby is not as active as he/she has being..but she went to the doc today and the heart beat is strong..am i just being a worrier !!  
I found out that I have a double uterus, double cervix, double vaginas two years ago at age 30 during a normal pap and annual exam. They did a vaginal sonogram to confirm. I have had paps for 12 years none found it and my new doctor found it. I now have a two month old baby girl. It was a surprise pregnancy after being on the pill for 12 years. She was breech in my right uterus so I had a c-section at 39 weeks. No other problems though. 6 lbs 12 oz. Doctor said I could try for a vaginal birth with the next one if the baby is head down. I was surprised at how little pain I was in after this major surgery and how quickly I recovered. Baby and I are doing great!
I just wanted to say that I am 26 years old and just found out today that I am pregnant...again.( this is # 8) I have a bicordinate, (double uterus) and have actually had an operation to correct this. I actually have a 6 1/2 year old daughter, who was my first pregnancy, and years later described as a miracle baby with no medical explanation possible. I have seen over 20 specialist on this though and all of those wondering if it is possible to carry a full term healthy pregnancy, the answer is yes. I had my first miscarriage in oklahoma 2 1/2 years after my daughter was born. They just told me it was normal. I had my next one in texas, so nothin done there either, then my 3rd in oklahoma, still no answers. I had my 4th misscarriage in texas again, and the attending physician was interested, for my sake i think, so my husband and i went to the texas tech specialist and started a work up. we planned our next pregnancy after many compatability tests and blood tests and everything was the way it should be, 14 weeks, i miscarried again. they sent the fetus off for observation and tests the whole 9 yards and it showed nothin. So my ob-gyn, who was excellant by the way, started more research, doing more tests, eventually to find that i had the bicordinate uterus, with a very large septate. So, i actually had a bicordinate and a septated uterus. So, we operated and 4 1/2 hours later i finally hit the recovery room. He wanted us to get pregnant again after 6 weeks but with in 3 months, well in april (3 months later) i was pregnant again and in july i lost it again. that was in 2007 and now for the first time since i am pregnant AGAIN. They wanted to do a hysterectomy bout 1 1/2 years ago, but i wouldn't let them. So, if anyone has had or knows someone who has had a surgery to fix a problem like this (a septate removed) let me know, it'd really help my thoughts.  But for all those of you who have this problem it really is possible to carry, i did it once!! Also, i had a doctor tell me that it is very common to carry a baby with a double uterus to full term. It is the septated uterus that carries more problems, although surgery is an option to fix, or atleast attempt to fix the problem.
Hi everyone,
Im so glad I found this website coz I'm really worried.I'm 18 and i've just been told about some major health issues. I've been transfered between docs because no-one knows how to deal with it. I have 2 uterus's (uterui?), 2 cervix's, 2 vagina's and 1 kidney. Externally, everything is fine. internally, everything is a bit weird. internally there are 2 vaginal canals. 1 is blocked however so the uterus and fallopian tube on my left side is filling with fluid (presumably blood from periods that cant escape).
I'm wondering if there's anyone here with this problem and what the docts did about it? Ive had 2 external ultasounds, 2 internal ultrasounds, 2 CT scans and numerous blood and urine samples. It doesnt feel like im getting anywhere and I'm scared to tell me boyfriend in case he feels like its too weird or doesnt love me anymore. I mean, seriously, who wants to sleep with someone with 2 vaginas??? He's really understanding and knows about my 2 uterus's and cervix's but i dont know about the vaginas.
Also, how is this going to effect my pregnancies if i was to concieve in the forst place? I feel so damaged, like i dont deserve for people to be so unerstanding.
Thank you all so much.
Hi everyone! Well first of all let me start by saying that I'm very glad I found this site! I am a member in the yahoo group of mullerian anamolies which by the way is also a great source but I'm glad I found somewhere where I can communicate with women who have exactly what I have.  
I found not so long ago that I have two cervixes and two vaginas after commenting to my doctor that I had been trying to get pregnant but had no luck.  She(general doctor) said that she couldn't refer me to fertility until I had tried for 1yr and just did a pap.  while i was getting the pap smear done she asked 'are you bi-uteral'? I felt my heart drop but I wasn't that surprised because when I was 18 and had a pap smear a doctor hasaid the same thing but then sent me to get an ultra sound and they found everything "normal" the radiologist even said "she must be crazy, i don't understand why she referred you there is no line (septation) and the uterus is a normal size" I was angry with that doctor and totally disregarded the possibility.  therefor when a second doctor asked the same thing i knew it was true.  I had always felt different, I had trouble wearing tampons and just had a gut feeling i was different.  My general doctor referred me to a specialist and she found the same thing and she was shocked to know that no other doctor had detected it during a pap smear.  my gyno then scheduled me for an MRI which i will have on Oct. 5.  I felt horrible because when I went to see my gyno I was excited, somehow I felt pregnant and my period was more than a week late which was rare but a preg. test came negative.  I was very sad and confused because I had mild cramping but still no period plus my breast felt tender which is normal because i PMS about two or one week before but this time it didn't go away and three days later after the negative preg test I took a home test and it was positive.  I verified with a doctors test and i was about 6 weeks but later that week (sep.18) i miscarried.
I am eager to try again but i don't know if it's safe for me.  I still don't know exactly how my uterus is shaped because i still haven't had the MRI so my husband and i are thinking about waiting until my gyno who doesn't even know i was pregnant reads the MRI and tells me what my next step should be.
I now know I can get pregnant but I am afraid of not being able to carry a baby to full term and going through another m/c, even though i know that may be a possibility.
I to have a double uterus which was found during a c-section.  I have had one miscarriage since then but no more pregnancies since.  My doctor told me that he didn't know how I got pregnent and carried her to term. One of my tubes are deformed and blocked. But now I am 30 and I think that I am in perimenopause due to only using one ovary for 20 years so that will be fun.  
does anyone know? ...In the case of a 'uterine didelphys', are the two uterus' in sync with each other during pregnancy? What are the chances of falling pregnant in the second uterus, and if it is possible, how? Does uterus 1 still menstrate if your pregnant in uterus 2?  If so, how does menstration of uterus 1 and the pregnancy hormones of uterus 2 coincide?
I'm so glad I found this site.  I'm 34 and my gynecologist just discovered that I have 2 uteruses, 2 cervices and 2 vaginal openings.  Not sure about the kidney count yet -- I have a test scheduled for next week.  It's amazing that no other gyn has noticed the two vaginal openings before (or me, or my husband, or anyone else, for that matter).  I have a normal period, and the only indication I've ever had of something odd down there was that I could never wear a tampon -- I would seemingly just bleed right through it.  So now that's explained...  

One of my sets of equipment is much smaller than the other, with the result that I've only been "using" one of my vaginal openings during sex.  I'm apparently a virgin on the other side, which is refreshing.  My husband and I have never been gung-ho on the whole kids thing, and now this piece of news makes us even more hesitant.  My doctor said that he's treated 4 pregnant patients with double uteruses, and 3 of them gave birth to viable babies.  Not that that's a scientific poll.  He also said that he'd estimate the chances of "pre-term labor" (which encompasses everything from crazy-early miscarriage, which is obviously bad, to slightly-early delivery, which can be just fine) at 40%.  But, as you can see, that statistic isn't very helpful.  (Incidentally, the chances for the general population are 10%.)

Anyway, I'm a little freaked out about the kid thing (thinking, at 34, that if we want to have kids we'd better start soon in case I keep miscarrying, etc.), but maybe even more freaked out about the WTF factor.  (For example, evidently the spell-check built into this program doesn't recognize the word "uteruses".)  But I'm getting over it, and this forum definitely helped.  Now I'm starting to feel more like a hindu goddess.  Right, ladies?
Hi!

I recently found out that I have 2 cervixes that is connected to one uterus. I am a bit confused and need advise, even though my sister is a qualified nurse she can't help me to give me some kind of advise..

I want to know if its possible to remove one and how safe it is? Since I am only 19 years old it is troubling me, because I do not know if I can get pregnant and I really want children one day.. If there is someone out there that is able to give me advise please do...
ive just found out ive got a double womb ,ive got 2 kids the doctors told me im very lucky to have my kids cause most people miscarry ,they are now talking about having my lining stripped because of my long and prolonged bleeding ,so im proff to say u can have children .with a double womb .
I WAS TOLD THAT I HAVE TWO UTERUS AND HAVE TWO KIDS AND BOTH WERE CARRIED TO TERM BUT I HAVE HAD MY TUBES TIED FOR ALMOST 4YEARS NOW AND THINK IM PREGNANT AGAIN CUZ I DONT KNOW IF I CAN HAVE KIDS STILL IN THE OTHER UTERUS SO I WILL BE GOING TO THE DOCTORS TO FIND OUT  
Hello everyone! I do not feel so alone now. Let me share my story with you all.

I am 37 years old and on July 8th I had taken a pregnancy test and after picking myself up off the floor from having seen the "t" sign I was elated because after years of trying I was finally pregnant. On July 10th I started spotting and I went to the ER and they did another pregnancy test and confirmed I was still pregnant. I had a beta hcg test done to test the hormone level in my system and it had went up. I stopped bleeding for a few days and I just thought that the bleeding was from a UTI I had been diagnosed with at the ER but then I realized something was up. I made an appt with a dr and I went to see her and she did another beta hcg test and it showed that I was about 5 to 6 weeks so she ordered another one the following week and then she called and told me the numbers had went up but not high enough and that I was going to miscarry the baby. Needless to say I was put in a state of shock that eventually led to being very hurt. She told me to come in again for an Ultrasound the following Monday to see if there was anything growing in my uterus and low and behold the ultrasound tech fount a double uterus. She was all excited and I was in a state of shock and scared out of my mind. I had never even heard of a double uterus until that day and I felt kind of like a freak in a side show but now seeing that I am not alone makes me feel so much better and knowing that I can get pregnant makes me feel a whole lot better too.

I hope all of us who are wanting children so badly can concieve and have strong healthy pregnancies that last until the due dates.
I am wondering with my double uterus' if I will even know if I'm pregnant. My doctor has me on BC to control the flow of them and keep them in sync but what happens if it's not enough hormones? And if mine can be out of sync, how would my body know it's pregnant? Since some women can concieve at different times, I assume this is possible. So unless I continuously watch for signs,  I could harm a baby if I concieve in one and dont know it. Any help on this?
My bicornuate uterus was diagnosed in the surgery room when I was having a c-section with my daughter 12 years ago!  She had never turned to be head down towards the end of my pregnancy, so she was breech and delivered by c-section.  I heard the doctor say "Oh!  So that's why she never turned!"

For my 2nd pregnancy, I was monitored closely (not "high-risk", but higher than a normal pregnancy) to make sure my son was growing normally.  He was and was born by c-section as well.

The only "problems" I experienced with my bicornuate uterus is that it took me a LONG time to get pregnant.  4 years with my daughter and 3 with my son.  During the pregnancies, I started having intense Braxton-Hicks contractions really early on.  Both kids grew in the right horn of my bicornuate uterus.  Strangely, that's always the side I have the worst menstrual cramps in.

I've never seen a picture of my bicornuate uterus, but I've had various ultrasounds for other abdominal issues and the tech always does a double take at my uterus!  :)

I am currently 18 weeks pregnant with twins and have a didephic uterus with one baby on each side.  I have two children who are 7 and 4 and carried them both on the right side.  I am very hopefull after reading your stories and encouraged by your words.  I've been on bed rest since 14 weeks for cramping and mild contractions, just hoping to make it as long as possible!!!!

hi, im 19 an i have been having pregnancy symptoms for about 8 months now but when ever i had a pregnany test done they were negative. I know alot of girls my age who too are indeed pregnant and we share the same symptoms. But mysteriously i had an ultursound done today an there was nothing thus lead me to beleive that maybe i have two uterouses. I have been having contractions as well as fetal movement and i was at the emergency room when the nurse and i both heard a fetal heartbeat...???does anyone have any answers for me????
hi,

im 23-year-old.
im having double uterus, two cervix, and septate vagina (the septum had been removed 0n 2007 when i found out my case)

i was married on dec'09.. and conceived on march'10.
i didnt expected that it could be that fast.. as i read soo many stories and kept thinking that it would be hard for me to fall pregnant.

in fact, miracle does happen.
i'm now 30weeks pregnant... thankfully haven't had any issue during my pregnancy. for now i am just hoping that i can give normal vaginal birth. hopefully i can make it..

am hoping the best for all of you who are expecting / are trying to conceive.. just believe that you can...

I have two every thing 2 cervix and 2 wombs a double uterus etc
i found out about having 2 cevrix and  double wombs and 2 opening of vagin
back in 1984 .
since then i have had lot double smear with any promblem
until now
when one of smears need too be repeated
One of wombs is only small then other .is big
I Could carry all babies in small womb .
only in the big womb
that i had miscarrage in small twice ,
I, too, have a didelphic uterus with one cervix. (I happen to only have one ovary to each uterus.) It took me 2 years to conceive my first child. I am currently pregnant with my fourth. (Babies 2 through 4 didn't take as much time to conceive.) I've carried them to 35 weeks, 37 weeks, and 36 weeks. All of them have been in my left uterus. I have had an issue with them wanting to be breech, but early ECV has helped with that problem. (Later on, there is not enough room to turn the baby.) I'm also a VBAC mom.
Two uteri don't necessarily mean infertility. The main issues with my pregnancies have been breech babies and slightly early babies. Both of which are issues easy to deal with.
I am curious about the possibility of missing a twin in a didelphic uterus. This pregnancy I am measuring ahead. (At 20 weeks, measuring 26 weeks.) I have had ultrasounds, but they haven't been able to visualize the other uterus in this pregnancy, which concerns me a bit. The baby is not measuring too far ahead on ultrasound. He is measuring around 22 weeks at 20 weeks, which is within the normal range.
I went to this forum monthes ago. I, too, have didephic uterus. We have been trying to conceive for 2 years and 7 monthes... which is unbearably long. In the last 3 monthes, my sister and my sister in law, both of them, a lot younger that I am, got pregnant... I became jalous and desperate with my poor condition, fighting against depression day after day...
I'll have inseminations in the coming monthes, but, dont manage to put faith on it.
That's so sad, and so unfair.
I have a uterus that is shaped like a heart. My OBGYN has deliver babies since 1983. He had never delivered a baby in this situation so he had another doctor (she had only delivered 2 in her 35 yrs) to assist him. I was 4 days overdue. I ask for a c-section. My son is 9 now with no complications. I have done research and even found a group that have "double uterus". In other countries,I have found women who have heart shapes, two small ones(a thin layer separating), and other wonders. We each had to get a c-section, most of us dilate but didnt contract, and water did not break. Some of them had miscarriages before having a successful delivery.
I have a dydelphic uterus with the double cervix and septum....I am almost 38 weeks pregnant with my second baby. I delivered a very healthy baby girl at 37 weeks 3 years ago and past that point this time. There is nothing to worry about the uterus can stretch and you can have a healthy full term baby....you are also more likely to be VERY fertile. I did have a c-section with her because she was breech and having another one although this baby has turned more than once.
Hey,  i have 2 Uteruses... and I have 2 children... I did have complications, an dhave to be on bed rest the whole time. I had a regular dr and a specialists. with both of them they kept me and the baby safe.  You will more than likely go into early labor(like i did) b/c your baby doesn't have alot of room to grow but they can't stop the early pregnancy. I suggest when you do become prego( and i hope you do b/c being a mommy is the best gift ever!!- wheither you actually give birth or adopt, its priceless)to just take it EASY, don;t over do yourself, like picking up stuff... etc. GOOD LUCK and I hope i helped
wow.. i've read most comments and i feel encoureaged.. i have double wombs.. 2 cervix ( one was cut because of external pregreancy in the cervix) one vagina amd a septum.. i've been pregnant but misscarried 4 times... i was hopless till i read the comments.. wow.. but i have a quesetio that affects my treatment ( IVF and IUI) .. do i have double periods? or does is alter from one womb to another? do i have a period from one in a month and another period from the other womb the next month? do  they always alter ie. does one always has period and other not?
thanx!
Hi girls
Glad to hear from you all as ive only  recently foudn out some news i guess its a comfort to know that there is people like me out there and slightly different in ways also
My story all started a month ago when i was getting pain on my right side-doctor got worried thinking it was my appendix so he sent me for an ultra sound
One minute into my ultrasound the tech guy says he needs to do an internal( im 23 and thinking what on earth whyy) He then goes on to tell me that i have a double uterus as well as polycystic ovaries
I go back to my doctor completely freaked out and scared. He refers me to a specialist to check it out as well as kidney scans
Iwent for my kidney scans and was found out that my right side(same side as my pain) right side kidney has an obstruction.
Specialist said that i have polycycstic looking ovaries but not the syndrome( no extra hair and weight gain etc). My periods are painful due to it so hes told me to come back if they continue to get worse. The double uterus needs to be monitored if i fall pregnant. Mine seem to be normal size and i only have one cervix*which is extra large apparently) and one vagina.
So i have two uterus that lead to one cervix and 1 vagina and 1 fallopian tube and ovary for each side. Meaning most likely trouble falling pregnant.
I still have to get my kidneys checked out more.
Its been such a confusing and scary time finding so much out just because of a pain that is now thought to be a blessing in disguise otherwise i wouldnt know what i know now :)
kylie
Yes it is possible bc i had the same thing and it turned out i was pregnant
It isn't impossible to get pregnant with a double uterus it sometimes takes some help but plenty of women have babies with this condition sometimes more then one at a time
I am 47 years old. I have 2 vaginas, 2 cervix, 2 uterus.  I gave birth through the canal but gave birth at 33 weeks; she was a premie.  Water broke and they tried to delay the birth.  The baby tore the septum that separates the 2 vaginas.  Dr. had to do a 2 hour surgery afterwards to fix it.  I now have 1 vagina but still 2 uterus.  I was in labor for a week before delivery.  When I had 2 vaginas, yes I could say I was a virgin twice.  But one side always felt different than the other.
Hi, just adding to what all of you have shared
I have a double uterus, double cervix, and a vagina separated by a septum.
I have lost 6 pregnancies (before the 2 month period ) but have been blessed with three children that today are, 15, 6 and 3 years old!
I would have kept on going for more, but these pregnancies are high risk after the first c section, and have had 3!
I'm 40 years old today and had to make the sad decision of closing the factory with my last child, cause of the risk it can cause, but am very happy to raise these 3 beautiful children God has graciously given us.
For He is the giver of life.
A double vagina isn't as weird as you think.

Hi people,
I have two uterus and two set of ovaries. I've only just found out. The good news is I also have 3 children. Carried all three to full term with normal viaginal delivery. My gyny is absolutely stunned as apparently babies are born prematurely or miscarriages occur however as I didn't even know I had this it didn't worry me at all. Conception was simple (in fact in two cases it was an accident and some joked I was TOO fertile) but all kiddies are doing well. 11, 7 and 14 months!
Hi I just wanted to tell you that my sister has a double uterus and has given birth to 4 childeren and she gave birth to her last child at 42years old. God is good and keep the faith!

Sincerely,

Julia
UPDATE: I have since had another healthy girl in May 2011 and a baby boy Nov 2013 stillborn at 38.5 weeks. They could not find a reason for my son to be stillborn. I had no complications before then.
I have a double uterus and have 3 beautiful children 2 grown now. It was hard to become pregnant at first but It can be done, I had no troubles but they was breach unable to turn. Surgery with all at full term. They are healthy and beautiful. Good luck