Doula?
I was just curious if any of you have used or plan on using a doula and what your experiance was like. I am training to be a doula right now and was just looking for any stories, good or bad, from people that have had one. People in this town have never even heard of a Doula. 6 months ago I attended my first birth and even the OB nurse had never heard of one.
I had a one with the birth of my son 3 years ago.  She was an incredible support to both myself and my husband.  Especially when things started to go horribly wrong and we had to make decisions.  She was our advocate during a vulnerable time.  She also kept our scared families informed as to what was happening.  (They all came to the hospital and waited through the labour)

Our son is perfectly healthy and I would highly reccommend having a doula during childbirth.