Ductectomy for mammary duct papilomas
tmv
Hi there, I was just wondering if any of you ladies have had or know anyone that has had an exploratory breast surgery and removal of multiple mammary duct papilomas. I had the surgery done about 7 years ago and my dr moved out of the country-that's a whole different story. But, I was wondering if I need annual mammograms? Or how do you know if there's a problem other than pain because if there is discharge, it can't come out due to the surgery cutting off the ducts and scar tissue. My pcp was not really sure about the answer. Hope someone knows. Thank you in advance for any comments.
You might search the archives over at the Breast cancer forum.  I'm sure I've seen something on this subject over there.

But I'd get an opinion from a breast surgeon if my regular doctor doesn't know anything about this issue.  I'm thinking that they really don't do ductectomies anymore.  

But try a search for mammary duct papilloms over there and see if you can come up with anything.  But either way, see a specialist who knows something about this.
I found a wealth of info by searching mh, but here's one link in particular:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/BreastCancer/messages/3227.html
tmv
Sorry, one more thing. The mammogram never picked up any of these papillomas! They were going to do an ??? with iv dye through the ducts, but figured that they would end up operating anyhow and since I was in some pain/burning, he did the exploratory surgery and removal of them. Thank you again.
tmv
Thank you so much. All of you ladies offer so much to this site. I knew that I could count on you.
I guess maybe that I assumed it was a ductectomy. The incision is from the center of the nipple to the outer area of the areola (about 3 inches). He stated that the ducts were full of papillomas and some were bigger than his thumb! Which is why I had bleeding out of my nipple and freaked. But, he said that he removed about a 2 inch by 6 inch area with multiple mdp's and the tubes. He said that I would not be able to breast feed if I have any more children. I just worry about knowing if something is wrong bc of no dc. I'll check out that site right now. Thank you again!
I just found out I have Papalloma's in my breast ducts. They do not show up on Mammograms. You have to have a sonagram. I am having my ducts removed because it will lead to cancer if left in. I had biopsy's on each duct to make sure there were no cancer cells.