Easily overheated

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Easily overheated

For the last couple of years it seems like I have become extremely intolerant to heat. Such as over the summer we were riding around in my husband's jeep with no air conditioning and the windows down and I started feeling so sick I insisted on being taken home.  If the temperature raises just a few degrees, such as being in a 75 degree house, I start feeling bad.  I'm 33 years old.  Could it be some sort of hormonal imbalance?  My aunt wanted me to be tested for anemia as it runs in our family.  Any ideas welcome.
When I turned 35, I started experiencing sudden flushes that made me feel like I was on fire.  My whole face would turn red.  I also experienced discomfort from changes in temperature. I put up with it for a year waiting for it to end.  A few people tried to tell me it was early menopause.  I refused to believe that.  I talked to my mom and my gyno, and they suggested I go on Seasonale.  That is a b.c. pill that gives you only 4 periods a year.  The "hot flashes" ended when I went on that pill.  I am still sometimes bothered by heat changes but not nearly as bad.  I recommend you look into that.
It could be high blood pressure, hormones, or a thyroid problem.  I would go to the doctor and get a physical done.