Embarrassed!!! Bad Odor From Rectum - Normal?
I have a really embarrasing situation, I need some help! I feel like I'm the only facing this, but I have this really bad odor that seems to be coming from my rectum area. I'm 23 years old with 2 children - a 3 1/2 year old and a 18 month old. I don't know if my past pregnancy's have anything to do with it but it seems like this odor came after having my children. I've had BV's and UTI's in the past and I know how those smells are. I've also had those awful hemorroids after my 2nd pregnancy. But at those time, no unusual smells for me.At first I thought the odor was coming from the vagina, but it wasnt it. I don't know what's going on with my body, but it's just an awful smell that won't go away. It smells like rotten fish or something rotten something. It's not a pleasant smell and it can get very powerful too. My sex life...I'm just too embarrassed that I don't really want to have intercourse with my husband. My husband gets frustrated at times because the smell is just too much. No matter how many times I wash down there, it just doesn't seem to want to go away. My doctors don't see anything unusual, they ran tests and everything. Everything is always negative. Nothing abnormal. What's wrong with me?
http://www.knowswhy.com/why-do-hemorrhoids-smell/

So, the solution to the problem is to get rid of the hemorrhoid problem...
Yes it was thank u!
Hang in there. I had my problem on and off for about 5 months before it went away. After another 4 months it came back again but that's because I triggered it with stress from school and from sitting too much for long periods of time, which is how i got the problem the first time too. Keep experimenting with solutions until you find with with productive results. I actually forget exactly how i overcame my problem, but it can go away. Keep experimenting until you find a solution that works and don't bother wasting your time with doctors because they don't seem to know ANYTHING about the condition. Do you happen to have any issues while pooping?
Kookoolo----NOTHING and I mean NOTHING like this is worth killing yourself over.  I think what's going on with most people on this board is that they have internal hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids, whether internal of external, produce a watery fluid or mucus-like substance and this is what causes the odor. You may not think you have internal hemorrhoids because you don't have pain in the area, but a lot of the time internal hemorrhoids don't cause pain. As far as treatment for internal hemorrhoids, it all depends on how far you want to take it. You can try the traditional methods first: more fiber, sitz baths, applying witch hazel to the area, and avoiding straining. If those don't work, it gets more difficult. You can simply wait them out, but they may come back, or your other choices include banding, stapling, or as a last resort, surgery.  Good luck to all.

Here is part of an article on the issue from About.com:

Because persistent constipation can aggravate your hemorrhoids and prevent them from improving, take preventive measures to avoid constipation.

Try sitz baths. Sit in a tub filled with warm water for 10 to 15 minutes several times a day.

Apply a cold compress or icepack to the anal area, or try a cool cotton pad soaked in witch hazel.

Apply petroleum jelly or aloe vera gel to the anal area, or use an over-the-counter hemorrhoid preparation containing lidocaine or hydrocortisone.
After every bowel movement, clean the anal area with a witch hazel pad, a soothing baby wipe or a cotton cloth soaked in warm water. Be thorough but gentle. Aggressive rubbing and scrubbing, especially with soaps or other skin cleansers, can irritate the skin and make your hemorrhoids worse.

As necessary, modify your daily activities. Lie down periodically to decrease pressure in your anal area, and avoid spending long periods of time on the toilet.

If you have more severe hemorrhoid symptoms, or if your hemorrhoids are prolapsed or filled with a blood clot, your doctor may recommend other treatments.

I have empathy for you because I'm suffering with the same issue. Doctors ran tests, and found that my thyroid is fine, I have no obstruction in my intestines (which is a relief), but I'm still left with this mystery  This problem dominates me everywhere I go. My quality of life is no doubt not the same. I truly think its an infection, and I'll be going back to the doc next week. If I have any positive updates or if you have any positive update pleaase feel free to share. I wish you sucess in defeating this problem
I had a smell coming from my rectum..The problem was I had an infection in my throat and you might have mucus in your stomach..Go and see an ears nose and throat doctor..
I had the same problem the answer was I had an infection in my throat and you..might have mucus in your stomach...go see and ears nose and throat doctor
Was the smell and fishy one ?
I meant was the smell a fishy smell ? Did you have painful bowel movements ?
DV425, have you figured out a solution to the odor problem? I seem to be suffering from a similar problem. I can't figure it out. I'm wondering if any docs have given a diagnosis?
mcbluecat, I also have Crohn's disease; even though you wrote this comment a long time ago, I'm going to respond in case you or others like you might see this--
First, to ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH BOWELS, FOUL ODORS, SEEPAGE, ETC.: You must be patient! None of the cures or solutions work right away or overnight!! So it's REALLY important that you only make ONE change at a time, do it consistently (not "hit-or-miss,"), and keep a WRITTEN journal of the things you try, whether they work or don't work. Also, never be too embarrassed to discuss a health issue with your doctor. That's their JOB! They are trained to be professional, discreet, and to help you. If you feel strange with one MD, go see a different one. Sometimes it's easier to tell this kind of problem to a female doctor, if that might help.
As for mrbluecat, and any other Crohn's sufferers, do NOT strain to go to the bathroom. The "purple balloon" you described is a hemorrhoid, which is a vein that has become engorged with blood and is permanently stretched- and straining is exactly what CAUSED it. If you continue, you'll make more.
The difficulty you have moving your bowels is likely caused by one or more strictures, by inflammation, or otherwise by a narrowed inner lumen of your large or small bowel further "upstream." You do not want to intentionally push and increase the internal pressure in your abdomen, as that can aggravate your problems.
As for the anal fistula/fistulae, past research has shown that a particular type of anti-neoplastic (or 'anti-cancer') medicine called 6-mercaptopurine (brand name Purinethol last I knew), along with an antibiotic (actually an anti-fungal) called metronidazole (brand name Flagyl) can help close perianal fistulae-- even very persistent ones (I had three!). It took about a year, taking it faithfully every day, but it worked, and I sometimes have to repeat the process every few years. But the medicine has some risks-- ask your doctor.
My experience with Crohn's is that a proper diet tailored to symptoms is what will make the difference in helping the disease to go into remission.
I spent 4 years (age 16 to 20) being deathly ill from this awful scourge; hospitalized on TPN (IV feedings only) for months at a time, until I got healthy and went home; but I couldn't absorb nutrients so a few months later I'd be back in the hospital-- over and over, with four bowel surgeries mixed in... Finally, minus 3.5 feet of small bowel, they got me healthy on TPN in Boston, then put me on tube feedings at night. I did that for 5 years, which gave my body time to heal itself, and I've been fairly healthy since (I still drink Boost often to get all the nutrients I need that I can't digest out of my food).
I cannot emphasize this enough; it takes time. Be patient, and keep WRITTEN notes about what you eat and how your body responds. There are apps that can help greatly with that now, so its actually pretty easy.
Yogurt is great food, and a good source of much-needed protein for Crohn's patients, without the side-effects of lactose intolerance; use the kind with "live-culture" probiotics, and supplement with some kind of elemental diet like Ensure or Boost (which comes in 1 calorie/ml solution, or if you need to gain weight, 1.5 calorie/ml solution... initially I used Magnacal, which was 2 calories per ml, but they don't make it any more).
For some unknown reason, Ensure really bothered my gut and caused problems. I discovered by accident that Boost is not only better-tasting, but my body absolutely LOVES it; no problems, and I can even just drink it rather than tube-feed with it.
But please understand: the rectal odor issue will probably NOT be quickly or totally resolved only by diet changes-- at least not at first. It will likely require some medicinal care, after which a good diet can help continue to keep the problem at bay.
SEE YOUR DOCTOR! You must get rid of any ideas about not being able to talk to your doc about this kind of stuff; this is their job, and there's no way they can help you cure something if they don't know you have it!! Doctors are good people, and they want to help you be as healthy and happy as you can be...
Good luck to all. A votre santé!
Well, I have read some of these questions and comments and I am also suffering from this. I have Crohns disease and am currently having a flare up. I have developed an anal fistula tha is very painful. About 2 weeks ago I noticed a smell that was horrific and could not figure was going on so curiousity got the best of me, I took a picture to see what is going on down there and to my surprise I have this large purple balloon around my rectum and there are 2 tares. I am having a very hard time having bowel movements the only way I can is if I take 2 laxatives and then I have to strain to get them to start flowing. Its so bad I have to almost pop a blood vessel to pass gas. I dont know if this helps anyone, but it may just be do to inner hemorroid or and infection..but I hope everyone can get relief.
My husband noticed my smelly butt which has caused me huge embarrassment as I wash myself properly. I am wondering if my fellow sufferers in addition to the butt issue also battle to loose weight.  I read earlier that the smelly butt could be related the undiagnosed diabetes and a result of insulin resistant. I am keen to hear your response.
I saw something today about Keybiotics Kilss the bad Bacteria. I want to try it
I have read most of these responses. I'm experiencing a mild fishy smell from my rectum as well. I recently put on a lot of weight by taking steroids for my asthma. I have increased my consumption of fish, fish oil pills, and sugar over the holidays. It is only then when I gained the pounds I noticed a smell. I'm sure it's a combination of my diet and weight gain that I'm having this problem.

(1)   Non of the responses suggested a colon cleanse. If it's bacteria, or fungus, or a pocket holding waste, I believe frequent colon cleanses can dislodge whatever it is and thoroughly cleanse inside the crevices of the intestinal walls. It's like taking a super bath.

(2)   Drink plenty of water (preferably lemon water, not lemonade) and
take probiotics and multi- vitamins. Discharge only when you have a bowel movement is normal. You need it to pass your bowels easily so you will not tear or produce hemorrhoids and boils caused by constipation. Dry bowel movements cause trouble.

(3)   Eat plenty of vegetables that are not over cook. Preferably steamed.
Cut out meat products for a while. Beef and pork take 7 days to digest. If you are eating beef and pork on the regular, it always stays in your system  (your body has a hard time digesting) and the old remnants are rotting away which produces bad smells, gas, and smelly bowel from your rectum. Soon the smell will seep through your skin, armpits, etc.

(4)   Drink detox tea or take detox pills. Our systems over time accumulate junk it can't easily rid of and end up storing it in places throughout our body. A detox will cleanse the whole body.

(Resolution)
I have been drinking the detox tea and lemon water. So far, the fishy smell is mild. I'm going to eat only fresh foods and get a colon cleanse. Hopefully all this eliminates the smell. After all, You are what you eat.  
hi guys, it is nothing just harmful bacteria in your rectum. go to heb, walmart, any where and find a medicine that destroy those bacteria. i have same problem for one year. last week i talk to one of the pharmacist and start taking medicine. now no problem. trust me it will go away within 3 days.
if u did not find tell me i will give you the address where i find that medicine
it safe my life
Hey great reading your old comment from January 2012. Did you ever find the origin of your issue? Better yet -- any solution or cure?

I have the same problem (and laughed at your mentioning you secretly have some appreciation for that foul, fishy smell. I do too! Humans are gross.). In addition to the paste-like residue and fishy smell, my anus itches like crazy. At one point for about a month last fall, the itch was quasi-constant throughout the day, with peaks (oddly) in the middle of the night.

Any help much appreciated...
I have had this bad smell problem since i was a young child and it has caused me much grief and embarrassment both personally and socially.  After much reading on line i too have traced it to bad rectum smells and bad body odor, and like everyone that has commented thus far i too am very clean and wash thoroughly  to no avail.  I diagnosed myself from information online as doctors were of no help, and I reckon I have TMAU (Trimethylaminuria).  I'm now drinking copper chlorophyll fluid 2/3 times a day and have noticed a huge change as the smell has lessened.  I am now changing my diet to cut down on proteins and legume type foods and see how i go on that.  What medicine were you prescribed for your condition?
keep researching there is some treatment suggestions out there.  Diet changes and chlorophyll is where I'm starting.
you're right, it can persist for years but is harmless fungus and disaprears imediately with Nidoflor or other candida creams (just check to be sensitive to it, not resistant, make a simple fungigrame)
I think Ch10 has the answer.  I have had the same problem for a years now.  I assumed it was gas related. I do have hemorrhoids.  However, in the last three years I noticed that when I'm stressed somehow in a public place or think I need to go to the bathroom, it feels very sweaty in the anal area.  My stress symptoms include possible run to the bathroom with diahrrea symptoms or real. The odor is there whether this happens or not, but that seems to make it worse than ever.   It recently occured to me it smells kind of like my cat that releases the anal gland smell when she freaks out.  A lot like that.  Pretty harsh and definitely an anal related odor.  I have tried many of the things listed above and most I'm not going to try because they haven't been helping anyone.  I did read the article in a link Ch10 posted and it sounds right on.  It makes total sense.  And helpful hint to those that suffer really, really painful hemorrhoids... try Vicks.  I'm totally serious.  You put it inside some and outside Whever ever you feel the pain specifically for sure.  And surrounding areas.  Plenty so you get everything.  In just a couple minutes, the pain is almost gone.  Still tender, but doesn't bring tears to your eyes and make you sweat from the pain.  Try it a few times. You'll be so glad you did.  

THE WEBSITE IS:  
www.knowswhy.com/why-do-hemorrhoids-smell/hemroids  

I really think it makes perfect sense.  So I will work harder to try to remedy the hemorrhoids.  I've seen a bunch of information now and will try to put them to work. lol  Good luck to all of us.  

PS:  DO NOT GIVE UP AND HURT YOURSELF.  This isn't a personal problem.  It's a physical one.   And there have to be millions of people around the world with this same problem.  It's nothing worth hurting yourself over, and more specifically destroying someone elses life because you couldn't see past this, or any other issue.  You may solve your problem(S) in not dealing with it, but you cause a lifetime of heart ache and pain to the ones you leave behind.  And there are many indications that if someone in the family has committed suicide, it is more likely that someone else close to you will in the future.  Even years later.  Get help through a crisis line.  They will help you see the light at the end of the tunnel.  But you have to go see someone that can really help you for your future.  At least keep calling the crisis lines when you need to.  Don't give up or give in.  Picture who would be hurt the most and/or needs you the most.  It helps.  Trust me, I know.    You often can't see the light till you get help for the bigger picture.  
I read the article from the site you posted.  It makes perfect sense to me.  I don't remember having these symptoms until my hemorrhoids were more that barely noticeable.  I commented below and added your link for all to see.  I hope others share.  I think you found a good clue!  Thanks for sharing.  
Hi. I recently started having this problem as well. Initially I thought it was because of my occasional constipation where my buttock gets sore due to force when I pass my waste; but one week I noticed the odor appeared even though I wasn't constipate at that time, so I started to do some online searches to see if I could find a solution. I did not find a solution so I started doing some brain-storming; I knew this wasn't a normal occurring condition...I did not have this problem all along, so something must be wrong. Finally it dawned on me that it must be some kind of infection or fungus that has developed in my anus (most likely from moisture and/or the warm climate), so one night I decided to use the only anti-fungal cream that I had in my house at the time, Lamisil. Lamisil is an anti-fungal cream for athlete feet and other superficial skin fungus. I started using it on  my anus according to the instructions for one week, and to my joy and happiness, I was completely rid of the odor and the occasional itching that accompanied it at times!
Please note that any prescribed anti-fungal cream may do the job equally fine, but these creams are for external use only, and should not be inserted inside the anus or vagina.
I am sharing this with every one who is suffering from this problem simply because I know how embarrassing it is. Some people tend to ridicule other people when they are suffering from a condition; some of us never know what it is another person is feeling until we find ourselves in he same position. We all need to remember that we are all humans and sickness is not confined to just one person, or a group of people. Let's all help each other...you never know when your time will come...I didn't know that I would be humiliated in this way because I am very strict and self conscious when it comes on to my personal hygiene.
Take care and God loves you!
Hi Friends, I have been suffering from this problem for 6 yrs. But I did not find any solution for it. Did anyone find any soultion? Please share it.
PLEASE READ THIS
PLEASE READ THIS
PLEASE READ THIS

I'm a 34 year old man. I've had the exact same problem a few times now, and have solved it every time.

PROBLEM: I'm almost certain it's an infection smell, due to hemorrhoids.
If you wipe your anus too hard after pooping, the anus is fragile and will easily get small tears, which then become infected due to all the bacteria in that area, which create ITCHING, which makes you wipe harder and more often, making the problem much worse, and the cycle continues.

QUESTION:
I would like to know how many of you,

-Have an itchy anus
-Wipe too hard (mainly for relief from itching)
-Have hemorrhoids or small bumps on the anus hole

SOLUTION: If this is you (like it was me) the solution will be,
-Clean your anus GENTLY, and use wet wipes
-Hydrogen peroxide the area after wiping
-Apply Rhoid Balm, or Vaseline to the area after peroxide

The problem should desist after a few days.
Hope this helps, everyone.

I have the same problem. I tried cortisone 10 and the problem is almost gone. Apply externally
The reason there is still an odor even after you shower is due to the fact that there is mucous being emitted from your anal GLANDS, meaning there are hormones being secreted which smell foul. It is equivalent to anal glands found in other mammals, only ours are vestigial. The problem is they can also emit a foul odor with humans as well, especially when we become stressed, scared, or excited. Glands can also rupture after a large bowel movement, especially if a fissure is formed. This can lead to "leakage" and what I have seen described as "wet anus", which is often mistaken for fecal incontinence. Unfortunately, at the thought of something so embarrassing, many choose to simply go in denial and not ask questions and get the help that they need. I recommend talking to a proctologist and/or gastroenterologist, and in the mean time just wash thoroughly and put scented baby powder (chamomile, lavender). Remember that stress, fear, anxiety, etc trigger it to get worse so learn to master your emotions; perhaps your doctor could even prescribe Xanax just to assist you in getting by until the problem is fixed since that has been known to help significantly. Your proctologist will have more permanent solutions though, I am sure.
For me, it's the result of a combination of things. Stress, hemorrhoids, gut flora being screwed up from antibiotics and/or steroid shots for sinus/ear issues,and lastly Sucralose.
Went to GI for daily  diarhea w/ urgency. No pain or discomfort, just sometimes didn't know if I would make it to the bathroom in time. The loose stool didn't really bother me because there was no hemerrhoidal pain:). After listenenig to me, the dr asked if I use Splenda? Yes? Yeah, you need to stop. Diet drinks and such. I said "I don't drink diet drinks and all that stuff. I only use it in my coffee." How much coffee? "Okay, I drink coffee and chicory ALL day, have for many years."  Of course he said to cut down on the joe but, said that more and more products are adding Sucralose ( not just diet stuff). And some people (me) have a sensitivity to it. It wont let your body obsorb nutrients correctly. Kind of coats the walls,if you will, and kills good flora. He said to use high-end probiotics at first then use less expensive ones on a regular basis, lots of water and try to avoid Splenda. Within 3 days all was well including odor.
Going through my house, I probably tossed 10 different items including toothpaste.
I too have this issue.  Every since the birth of my last child in 1998, the doctor during delivery cut my peritoneal area to assist in the delivery, however, may I add, I have three children in which all were natural without epidurals.  I remember the nurse asking him why he cut me in such a manner and he laughed.  Can't remember what he said.  However, since the birth of my daughter, I have had skin sensitivities with odors in my environment, along with what you are going through.  Not sure if is all related but, prior to the need of feeling like I need to make a bowel movement, the odor is present.  Looking at the anatomy of the rectum and anus, it is seemingly that the stool is in the rectal area causing the odor that is so prevalent prior to making a bower movement.  I noticed that when I modify my diet by eating a lot of leafy greans like salad, trying to expel as much stool as possible which seems to be hard to do although, I am not constipated along with not eating fried foods, fast foods and too much dairy products.  This helps a lot.  But when I alter and slip back to the old foods, the symptoms return.  I also have issues with my back L4, L5 and S1.  This could cause you to have issues with the pelvic region making it harder to push out stools although not being constipated.  I may need to take a laxative or strengthen my pelvic floor.  But if there are nerves that are not acting right, there are other alternatives that I will concentrate on such as seeing a chiropractor again.  But be careful with that and Physical Therapy.  Went to physical therapy for sciatica and came out with bursitis of the hip.  They like to pull legs....lol.  Seems like also skin issues with me as well.  But hope it helps.  I will go back to taking collagen pills again with my vitamins and modifying my diet.  Seems to work for me. Keeping an eye on hemorrhoids also need to be checked.   Be careful of putting too much soap down below.  If you have sensitive skin such as I do, it could cause burning of the skin which is the thinnest layer down there and most sensitive to all of the alcohol present in soaps.  Good Luck.  
I am fat and smelly?
Bile is probably the culprit here. Any gallbladder issues? If not aware of any, then have it looked at.
Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the post, but can you elaborate on why bile would cause these symptoms?
How are everyone here doing with the 'fishy stinky odor' from anus. I just have that stinky small drop liquid two times last week. I have been using 'Hemorrhoid a suppositories' tube. You know the one that you insert into your anus for two weeks ago. I use two time a day one in the morning and one at the bed time. Also take pills to get rid of hemoroid. That pill contain of 'Witch Hazel, white oak bark, butchers broom root, stone root, ginger, cayenne. That pill I brought online. So I use suppositories tube insert and take that pill two times a day for two weeks.. and now I get a little drop kinda like golden clear liquid leak out from my anus. I found it on the chair I just sit. I found it two times. That leaking clear golden drop smell like fishy smell really bad to me. Is this a smell from getting rid of Hemoroild? Does anybody got the same problem with me? And do you guys able to get rid of your smell leaking from Anus yet? Otherwise I will gonna wear very long thin pad, panties liner to catch that leaking if I might have when I go to work. And use clean wipe to wipe it off every time if I see leaking on my pantries liner. And change that panties liners every times also.  
Hi I have the same problem,I have stinky odor from anus
Had the same exact problem. Cured by Taking Multivitamins  supplements that contains ZINC. It's a deficiency problem.
I suspect it's because of zinc deficiency but here is the contents of the supplement that cured me immediately after ten years of suffering:
 * Essential Vitamins & Minerals. Biotonic.
* Composition: Each capsule contains:
  Vitamin A (palmitate) 2000 i.u. + Vitamin D3 200 i.u. + DL-Alpha Tocopherol acetate (Vitamin E) 10 mg +
  Vitamin B1 15 mg + Vitamin B2 3 mg + Vitamin B6 2 mg + Vitamin B12 5 mcg + Biotin 3 mcg +
  Calcium D- pantothenate 3 mg + Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 50 mg + Folic acid 25 mcg + Nicotinamide 15 mg +
  Para amino benzoic acid (PABA) 50 mg + L-Lysine HCl 20 mg + Rutin 10 mg + Iron 10 mg +
  Potassium 2 mg + Copper 1 mg + Zinc 1 mg + Manganese 1 mg + Calcium 50 mg + Pollen extract 16.6 mg
  (eq. to Pollen grains 50 mg).
http://mamavation.com/2015/01/25-ways-apple-cider-vinegar-will-change-life.html
Look up benefits of apple cider vinegar.
https://authoritynutrition.com/6-proven-health-benefits-of-apple-cider-vinegar/
I have anal cancer and  I am in the process of getting a colonoscopy bag.  But in the meantime I have a gaping hole from the bottom of my butt hole to the top of my vagina wall well I guess the bottom of my vagina law. It's hard to see down there but when I do that or have someone like for me  there is a lot of green ***** licking stuff that even with a Q-tip I can't get off. I don't know what to do either I would ask my doctor at my next appointment should I do  anything special or just leave it alone. I haven't even been comfortable taking a bath in two months since I had the biopsy that made this gashing home and I will only taken a shower twice because I'm scared of what the bacteria could do to it open wound. Any suggestions from you guys would be greatly appreciated. I will definitely let you know if the doctor said thank you Tracee from Idaho
I meant green nasty stuff.. Not licking stuff!!
I praise GOD for curing me. The problem a fungus infection internally and externally. I studied real hard and realized it's a fungus similar to the candida fungus in our mouths. I went to the emergency room because the smell was out of control and asked for an: ANTI-FUNGUS PILL. The doctor was hesitant, and didn't know of this problem. I told him to Google "smelly anus". He saw it was a problem and gave me the pill. I don't know the name of pill but it was strong and just one pill. I also used anti fungus cream on my anus (jock itch cream on the store shelf). It took about 5 days to notice the change and about 2 weeks to go away. That illness made me lose my job and my apartment, but God healed me. I also asked God to heal and protect me. I took zinc, and    L- glutamine because I thought I had leaky gut. I hope this helps everyone from this horrid infection.
Hey I'm going through the same thing now in I had to stop working at my job as well. I'm so overwhelmed and stress about this did apple cider vinegar work at all? And what cream did you use please help me
Hi guys, i have had this problem for 10yrs and now i m out of it..its just bad bacteria in your gut stomach, no matter what tests you go through it would show up normal. Go see a gastrentorologst and get it check..again plz it is just bacteria problem in your stomach this can be treated in 3 to 7days by takin proboitic medicines..hope you all get well soon..i m happy now
How can they test you for that bacteria? I have the same problem for the past 2 years and every test i do comes clear! I only have a bad smell in my rectum without any itching or other symptoms the only other thing is i always seem to be have moist in that area that i never had before.
Do you remember the name of the pill the doctor gave you? Im meeting with my GI doctor next week and i want him to know the name so he could give it to me cz he seems to think im crazy
Please if you have a response tell me im really desperate
I have had the same issue and though the Drs can't find a reason I found something that helped a lot. First of all try and take note as to if e smell gets worse upon applying soap to the area this is likely. Soap can cause the good ph there just like in the vagina. I am not saying to not use a soap but try and find an all natural one such Ar dr broners  Castile soap. Also I found an  immediate improvement  When putting a bit of  colloidal silver on my tp and wiping it on bum. I will sometimes let it sit as you would with a  hemorrhoid relief pad/wipe. After changing both the soap and using the colloidal silver I no longer have the issue at all. I truly believe it is a negative change in the anus/rectum ph balance.
Hi please me because I have the same problem to
It is most likely an overgrowth of bad bacteria.No matter how well you wash the smell and wet anus always come back. I too went to the doctor had a full std and blood work check. Doctor looked at me like I was crazy.I know my body and wasn't going to accept her answer. Doctor's know nothing and get paid for making educated guesses! I'm glad you reached out to find that many people are suffering from the exact same condition. This can destroy your sex life and self esteem when you have no clue what to do. Here's what I did. To immediately get rid of the odor I mixed hydrogen peroxide and baking soda and applied it to my rectum,the entire length of butt crack, surrounding skin. Bacteria thrive in acidic environments. So this leads us to what many people have said a PH or gut flora imbalance may be the root of your issue. Start the probiotics, increase your water intake, reduce meats and increase vegetables in your diet. Caffeine, soda and meat all create an acidic body ans you have to take steps to alkalize yourself.  Remember all disease can be linked to an acidic body. The peroxide kills bacteria and the baking soda raises PH. Follow up with antifungal cream and start paying attention to anything that can throw off your PH balance...soap, laundry detergent, antibiotics, to the foods you eat. Hope this helps!
I have this problem to but I don't know how to rid of it,I try nizoral cream but it's not help the smell won't go away
Hello guys I have the same problem to
I feel very sorry for you there is a genetic condition you may have that makes your sweat smell like fish when you eat certain foods you probably should ask your doctor to tell you if it is or not
I been to the doctor but they said to me there's nothing,but people can smell me they said I smell stink but I can't smell my own odor
Please help me guys
I have the same problem i shower more often. My problem aggrevates with bowel movements and a airborne bacteria elimianates into air and makes people nauseaus
Do you have Skype or email can we chat there please because I had this problem almost 5 months ago now it's so embarrassing,same as me I shower more often but the smell won't go away

Please note that you can use the Private Messaging feature to chat privately with other members.
Look up 'trimethylaminuria', and see if that condition matches your experience.
Boric acid is natural and is harmless for us but beats the daylights out of yeast anywhere.My daughter suffered after her birth with non stop yeast issues. She uses it as a suppository.
Did you manage to fix it? I am suffering with a similar problem and need to get it sorted as soon as possible... please
can i talk to someone because i have desame experience too
I have had the problem of itching for 20 plus year's and in the last 6 months started having the smelling showing up that I could personally smell myself so I knew others could too. I listened to one of the poster's on here and went out and got the preparation H with witch hazel and started wiping down with that 3 to 4 times daily, definitely after every bowel movement, then used Z-Zorb antifungle powder and it's been one week and I have no more itch and the smell is gone. I am consistently dry down there now and never feel any wetness. I am so relieved, but you must stick with the regiment of keeping yourself clean with the preparation H wet wipes and using the powder. I also read if you watch your diet and stop using caffeine, it will help, the caffeine can really irritate the small veins in your anus area, making the itching start up, then you go through what they call the itch scratch phase. You have to get out of that phase or you will not ever get relief. I would recommend stopping caffeine for a week and if you like soda drink caffeine free and stay away from eating a lot of processed foods and sugar. It's worked for me so far, I will keep you updated.