Endometrial ablation anyone had this done?
Hi I have scheduled HTA Hydro Thermablation for may 23 and am worried about what to expect post op.  Has anyone had this done and how did you feel after?  Was it successful? Any input would be great/.
I have a friend wanting to have the ablation and for me it was one of the most successful surgeries I have had and I have had a few.  More than 7 years ago, I bled for 3 months straight and thought nothing could stop it without a hysterectomy.  I was wrong.  The procedure was done in the hospital under a local, went home and rested and went to work in 2 days.  7 years later I have had nothing but success.  No pain, no bleeding-nothing.  I would definitely recommend the procedure, however, we all have different bodies and it may not work for some.  I was shocked to know of such problems with the procedure and I feel for each and every one of you and you get some relief and peace of mind.  Good Luck to all
I had the Hydrothermal Ablation/left ovarie removed, post-op 6 days now. I too had heavy bleeding, cyst and missed periods.  My sister had this procedure years ago and has not had a cycle since.  For me, surgery did not go as well.  One of the instruments severed a few blood vessels on my abdominal wall which led to additional sutures inside and a nights stay at the hospital.  Post Op from what I can tell is the same as what everyone is saying, cramping, watry.pinkish/brownish/smelly discharge.  I had to go back in to see the Dr. two days ago and will go again in two more days but only to check on the the misshap.  To be honest with you, the incisions made for the ablation and the ovarie removal feels fine.  It's the other that is causing me so much pain.  I do however want to ask if any of you have had weakness in the legs?  It seems that when I am up more than 15 -20 minutes, my legs become heavy and weak.  When I asked the Dr. about it he said that there were no nerves associated with it.  Why then are they feeling this way?  Does anyone know or has anyone experienced this before?
I am 41 years old and I had the endometrial ablation performed in May of this year and had NO side effects from it whatsoever.  I now have my period for about 5 HOURS a month as opposed to 7-8 DAYS a month...  HUGE difference and nearly unnoticeable.  Good Luck to those of you who opt for it.  I  know it has made a huge difference in my life as well as in my Iron levels!!

I had this procedure as a day surgery case on Wednesday, I had a few cramps for the first 24 hours and took meds to help. Whilst I feel fine, I keep going really dizzy, feel sick and feel like passing out. I haven't had a general anaesthetic for 19 years so wondered if it was that? I have a low blood pressure reading too so is it that? All I know is I don't like feeling like iam on a roller coaster all the time. Ive had no bleeding at all and been off the meds for 2 days now as apart from dizziness, I feel ok. Whats going on with me, how can I raise my BP?
I just had the hydro thermal ablation yesturday.....wow after the procedure the pain was very bad and intense...but today im feeling a lil better...some discomforts,some discharge,no bleeding.......i do have some lower abdominal pressure ...pain when I urine...walking very slowly..but hopefully it gets better
I had the endometrial ablation done last year and other than the weight gain (really looks like I am pregnant again) I have no side effects and my period is also only a few hours instead of a few days(5-7). And I really waste tampos/pads nowadays as there is hardly any bleeding. I still get the cramps but not as much as before the ablation. I would recommend it to any one!
I had an ablation 4 years ago, and I have never regretted it.  Only thing I regret is being one of the small percentage whose periods didn't stop completely--just my luck.  But I had terrible flooding before I got this procedure done, and my periods are lighter and more manageable than they ever were.  They are just now starting to get a little heavier, more like they normally were before I started perimenopause.  I am only a tiny bit worried that I might have to have another procedure, because I have finally started skipping periods--yeah!

As for pain, I had horrible cramping afterwards while I was in recovery, but really not much after that.  I didn't have any bloating at all, even from the gas used to inflate my abdomen during the procedure, and only took pain pills for part of a day.  I did have discharge for quite awhile, but it was liveable and eventually went away.  I was able to resume normal activity the next day.

I have never regretted having this done--it was a lifesaver for me.  I couldn't function 2-3 days a month because of flooding and heavy flows, and now I can do anything I want.  I'm hoping it lasts me and I don't have to have it redone, because I am so close to menpause.  But if I do need another one, I will do it without a second thought.  I've had several friends who have had it done, and they never regretted it, either.  I've heard some terrible things about the Novasure ablation method, and I would not consider that, but the hydrotherm method was great for me.
I had an endometrium ablation on 20th December 2011 just over a week ago. I was a bit reluctant to have it done as although I am 46 and have two children it just seemed to be very final. After a bit of debating with my gynacoleagist I went through with it. I woke up to bad cramping for  a couple of hours and took some pain killers which eased the pain. I havn't had any other problems as yet part from a really bad cough which is due to the anesthetic.
I had the endometrial ablation procedure a month ago along with having a fibroid removed. I'm 45 and I have a 2 yr. old. I experienced TCC for almost 2 yrs. so our son is a blessing every day to my husband and I. With that being said, we knew with our age, & additional medical condition, we did not want to try for more children. My emotional experience was KNOWING that it was "officially" final for me in giving birth to another child.  With that being said, my experience with the procedure was exactly what my doctor described to me. I had moderate to severe cramping in the first 24 hrs. and very little afterwards. I was prescribed pain meds & I took it accordingly and it worked 100%. I  would describe the cramping to that of my early labor pains...that type of cramping. One day out of the first 12 days, I experienced a pinkish discharge as I was told I would and that was it. Never used a pad, or my Diva Cup during the recovery process and haven't since my last cycle in November. Today is 1/6/2012. My other side effects were more from anesthesia...hoarseness for about a week from the tube down my throat. I would recommend that anyone looking at having this procedure done make sure that you fit the criteria because it is pretty much permanent. My outcome and results have been very good.
I had the ablation done August 2011 and ever since then I have suffered extreme bloating, the doctor can find nothing, tells me I'm fat. I am waiting to go back to the surgeon but that's not til May!
I had this procedure Dec 2011, had mild cramping for about the first 12hrs and a light pinkish discharge for approx 2wks.  One month later I had a very light period that lasted 1 day, I was in heaven, then.. February I had a period that lasted 7 days, it was constant but had no clots, the cramps are like labor and not only in front but lower back, you feel as though your whole insides are just not right, my stomach was bloated and if you don't have IBS you will.  March is here and well.. Same thing except now I have very small hints of tissue but not enough to call it a clot.  I am praying that its just slow to work for me HaHa.  Good luck to all the women that this has worked for because it can be a life saver, but to those of us that it hasn't done us fair, looks like the Doctor gets more money.  I would go for the hyst if I had to do over.  I am 44
I am 4 day post nova sure. My procedure was scheduled for 10am, had to be there at 9am and left the office at 10:45!  I was given diazepam and two Hydrocodone 500mg. Only felt very mild cramping at the top of my uterus during the actual procedure. I couldn't imagine going under general anesthesia in the hospital!  As far as recovery, I rested that entire day as the pain meds made me sleepy and continued with Aleve for 48 hours. Day 2 I walked about a mile, day 3, i walked 3.5 miles and some aerobic activity.  Day 3 & 4 I am bloated and just a little crampy and nauseas.  Little to no discharge on day 1. Later in day 2, clear, slightly pink tinged discharge when wiping. Hoping the boating and nausea is a small price to pay for the three days of hellish cramping and bleeding I had every month!  If you want this procedure, it is mind over matter!  If your periods and cramps are bad enough, nothing can be worse than that!
I have HTA scheduled for 3/26. I am honestly more than a little nervous after reading the few horror stories out there, but I have been through Essure implantation with no big horrifying side-effects, so I am staying with my plan. I have periods that last at least 7 days right now, and sometimes more than one a month. Just recently I had a 14 day period, which is what prompted a ton of testing by my doctor, and the follow-up suggestion that an ablation might be in order.
I have been bleeding since January 4th and my ob/gyn has tried high doses of estrogen to stop the bleeding but to know avail.  I only have a cyst and a fibroid and she doesnt think this is the reason for my continued bleeding, she actually does not know what is causing it. I have always been extremely regular-every 28 days with normal bleeding and no cramping (back pain though) I tried the estrogen first to see if that would stop the bleeding because I am a fan of trying the least invasive type of correction first.  It seems as though at this time I will be having the ablation and D & C however after reading all of the comments suffice to say I am alittle more than concerned and am now at a point where I am not sure what I am going to do now.  
i had it don in 2009, now everytime i have sex it hurts to the point i scream and cry after. also when i lay on my stomach it feels like a knot in my lower abdomin
Okay, so my procedure was yesterday and I must say I had more ill-effects from the anesthesia than I did from the HTA. I was very nauseous afterwards, and they kept me longer for vomiting. Today, yes, I am bloated, but I am thinking that will go down with time. Not as crampy as I expected to be, and I am ready to go to work tomorrow. All in all, if this does what it is supposed to I will be very happy.
I would advise against it.  I just had it four days ago and have first and second degree burns on all my internal and external vaginal areas all the way to the top of my buttocks.  My doctor said thank goodness I opted not to go to sleep or the burns could have been worse.  I started screaming five minutes into the procedure that I was burning.  So I have areas that are burned so bad they bleed and blisters.  Urinating is so painful.  I have prescribed burn creme but putting it on is the most painful part.  I wish I would have been told this could happen, its not supposed to according the manufacturer of the machine, but going online I find this is not the case.  Just do a D&C and see how that works for you.  
It is 5/1/2012 - I went in March for the d&c & Novasure when I woke up I was told that my uterus was too small for the Novasure to open (I and my doctor have never heard of this).  I was angry at first, however on April 17th I had the Thermal Hydro ablation done.  My doctor met with representatives from both this company that has this machine and the balloon and they all agreed the Hydro ablation would be the best procedure for my situation. The first day was the most pain.  I have had cramping and pain and a constant pinkish discharge for 2 weeks with some little clots. I am told that I will have to keep track of my next 3 periods (if I have them) and see the doctor again. I am hopeful that this will work.  They do have a new machine that prevents the leakage that was described in an earlier post (I am so sorry that happened to you it is terrible).  I researched and spoke with friends who have had Novasure done and none of them were sucesssful.  After mine was not able to be done they informed me that their uterus's were to big but the doctor did them anyway. The Novasure is a certain size and of course if your uterus is streched from having children it will not reach the entire wall so part of your uterus will not be ablated. I just want to put it out there for anyone who might be looking to have this procedure done to make sure the doctor knows the size of your uterus and if the machine will fit or it will not work for you.  
I forgot to mention that the representative was present at the surgery to make sure that this was done correctly.  
I just had the exact procedure done Friday, May 11, 2012, right after the surgery I had some cramping like menstral cramps, they gave me medicine. i didnt do anything but sleep the rest of the day and most of Saturday because of the anesthesia.  I haven't had any issues as of right now, there was some bleeding but not heavy my doctor said I probably would. I feel fine. Good luck with your procedure. I don't believe you will be dissappointed.
I am confused why your Dr ever recommended for you to have this procedure as it is not recommended for people with endometriosis.  I am not a Dr myself but I would have to say that is the reason for your dramatic results
I had the ablation 5 days ago and so far, I feel great! After the procedure, I did have pretty severe cramping that lasted about 4 hours. (Kinda like labor pains.) Next day, I felt good and by day three, I felt totally normal. Very light bleeding the first day and nothing since. I feel so great that I want to resume sex even though my doctor said to wait 2 weeks. That sounds too long to me when I feel fine. I just hope it works. My periods were horrible. I couldn't go 30 minutes without having to change a super plus tampon.
My procedure is next week.  I've been having second thoughts, but thanks to everyone who posted; I think I'll be fine.  I feel for all of you who have had bad results, but some of your situations are things my doctor has already checked me for because she said those could cause the procedure to not be successful (fibroids for instance).  Also, thanks for posting your ages.  I'm 47.  My doctor says that the older you are when you have the procedure, the more likely you are to have more permanent results -- no more periods.  I'm certainly hoping so.  And i really hope my post op goes as well as some of you had it.  2 days of pain and only a watery discharge sounds like heaven compared to what I have had for the past 4 years.
I had HTA Thursday of last week.  The first 12 hours after the procedure consisted of severe abdominal cramps and then the cramps just stopped.  Now, 3-4 days out, only some minor pink watery discharge, no pain.  i feel great.  Unless things get much worse, i wish i had this done years ago.
Hi All,
I recently had the HTA procdure (6/14/12) so far so good; the procedure itself went well it was quick and painless (more of an uncomfortable feeling that lasted about ten minutes) had few cramps day one to about day four, was back to my gym workout monday morning I am still experiencing discharge, its pinkish with a slite odor, which i'm guessing is normal since my insides are healing and lining is shedding, overall i am happy and hoping that i am one of the women who's period is eliminated all together! i have my two week appointment nxt thurs will post my results!
Hi Connie19, I had mine done two years ago and yesterday I started feeling the ole cramping starting and today.... well there it was.  Moderate, not spotting and a little too bright for my liking.  I too am making an appointment to have my doctor check me out.  I think it's a good idea just to be safe. Let me know how it goes!

Deb
i had the HTA almost 2 weeks ago. Still cramps here & there, but nothing bad. I finally stopped wearing pantyliners, but noticed after I went to the bathroom, there was some pink discharge back. Just not sure when to expect the yellowish discharge, or how soon to be expecting a period? Dr. Said we wouldnt know if it worked until 3-4 months? Anyone else told this?
HI babyd65
My Dr. is setting up a consultaion visit for me with the Ob/gyn to have the endometrial ablation done. I noticed you said you were hoping to get your low iron back in control.Was that the only reason you had it done?
I am 54, still having easy, non-abnormally heavy periods (at 54 still fertile after testing, albeit on the very low end!) and in good health, taking oral contraceptives.  I started having constant, light bleeding between periods even on the pill, so I went in for a check up and ultrasound. Turns out I had a fibroid as well as one polyp which both my GP and GYN felt were causing the bleeding.  Had a Novasure ablation, D&C, and the fibroid/polyp removed on 8/23/12.  I took one Vicaden afterwards but not sure I really needed to take it.   I had some cramping the first 24 hours but after that, felt pretty good.  I'm back to 4 miles a day on the treadmill.  Had some bloating for the first few days but now a week out, it's gone.  I have some light discharge and was told it is normal for 2-4 weeks post op, so I won't know if it's a true success for a few more weeks.  My point in posting is that I had a very easy time with this procedure. I will post an update in a few weeks, but my gut says I will be very pleased I had this done.
I had HTA December 22, 2011. My periods are WORSE!! I was told it's "95%" that you will never experience a period again. Of course I'd be that 5%.
In hindsight, I wish I didn't do it, it would have saved my insurance $21,000 and me 4 days of being down. I am really disappointed with how it went. Nothing changed for the better, I bleed way heavier, more, longer. Total thumbs down!!!
I had an HTA done 4 days ago. This was instead of he Novasure because my cervix & uterus were too small to fit the equipment in to perform that. I had a general anaesthetic so the side-effects from that go without saying. Initially I awoke with the worst trapped wind pain ever & lot's of blood loss all over the sheets etc. I was offered cocodamol & then paracetomol for the pain & buscopan for the bloating. I think the industrial strength buscopan did more good & wish they had given me morphine in recovery, but hindsight is a great thing. After day one & a rough night post operatively with a migraine, probably from dehydration through blood loss, I managed that with migril & syndol. The last few days have been better with a mixture of trapped wind & bad period pains. I find that mild painkillers, heat packs on my abdomen & short walks to shift the wind around help. The bleeding was really heavy for the first couple of days, fresh blood. Now it is easing off to a moderate period & the colour of the blood is slightly darker. I was told to be signed off work for at least 2 weeks as my job as a vet nurse is quite demanding physically with heavy lifting involved. To be fair, the pain & bleeding is not as bad as I thought it would be but I realise everyone is different. I have been told to not resume sexual activity until the discharge stops which is frustrating but understandable, so I don't know about any pain during sex yet. So far so good for me & if it improves my life to how it was before, it's worth it for maybe a week or 2 of pain & discomfort & lot's of TLC from your friends & family!
I had the Novasure ablation done on 8/1/2012.  I had the choice of an in-office procedure with local anesthesia or at the local hospital with general anesthesia.  I chose the in-office procedure because it was cheaper.  In hindsight I should have done it in the hospital.  I was referred from my military treatment facility.  The military treatment facility did my endometrial biopsy and ultrasound, so those were not repeated at the OBGYN.  The ultrasound showed a thick endometrial lining.  When the OBGYN got a good look, she found endometrial polyps.  So she ended up doing and D&C and the Novasure ablation.  The pain was excruciating.  The Dr. said she would stop and we could schedule the ablation in the hospital.  I chose to continue because the ablation lasted on 90 seconds.  

All-in-all things are well.  I still have ovulation pain and bleeding (doctor said this would not go away).  I do have a little spotting, but wear a panty liner.

However, I have two things that are driving me up the wall.  First hair loss.  about a month after my ablation as I was combing my hair, I noticed I have a lot more hair loss, and this is every day.  Even my hair dresser noticed it, and she says my hair feels different.  Second, I do think I have bloating and weight around my stomach that I did not have before.  I have joined Weight Watcher and to date lost 17 lbs, but my middle is not decreasing at all.   I am working out almost six times a week.  

I have not found any forums were people are talking about hair loss.  I'm going to make a follow up appointment with the OBGYN.
I had a uterine ablation about 7 years ago to stop heavy bleeding and anemia. I already have children. My doc did a tubal at the same time. Excellent procedure. I have not bled since then, and I was back to work in a day and a half! I was eating right after I woke up from the procedure. A little gassy for a few days afterwards, but no big deal. I recommend!
I had this procedure 1 month ago in my doctors office fully awake. I am very healthy but had periods every 10-13 days for 6 months. I am 45 and had my tubes tied 11 years ago. My doctor tried putting me on the pill to control the periods but it only made it worse. When she suggested the Nova Sure procedure I was told that I would be on plenty of pain killers, Novocaine and would only feel a bit of pressure and cramping (similar to a post op D&C).
I was told to take antibiotics, lorazapam, ibuprophine and a Vicodin 1 hr. prior to arriving at the office. I was told to arrive at 10am for an 11am procedure so I took the pain killer at 9am. I was "feeling no pain" by the time I got to the office. Then I was immediately given two shots in the butt of toroidal. THEN I WAS LEFT ALONE IN A RECLINER FROM 10:15-1:15.  By the time I was taken in for the actual procedure I HAD NO PAIN KILLERS LEFT IN MY SYSTEM. I told the nurse that the meds had completely wore off. She said hop up on the bed and they started the procedure. I HAVE GOT TO TELL YOU THAT I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED SUCH PAIN IN MY LIFE. IT WAS WORSE THAN THE PEAK OF BACK LABOR. The procedure went on for 12-15 minutes (I was told that the procedure only takes 5 minutes). I TOLD THE OB/GYN THAT I WOULD NEVER HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT FULL ANESTHESIA HAD I KNOWN THE PAIN WAS THIS EXTREME WITH NO PAIN KILLERS. I left the office still in terrible pain and the tightest cramps you can imagine. It was like my entire torso was contracted. I vomited all the way home in the passenger seat. I crawled to my bed, called for a bucket and continued to vomit for 4 hours almost continuously (my head never left the bucket) . My husband had to call the doctors office for an anti-nausea prescription. I was supposed to be taking additional pain killers when I got home but never even got the chance to swallow one down. The cramps were so bad, that all my abdominal organs were so contracted and so tight that I couldn't even urinate until 8pm (despite the fact that I felt I had to pee). My husband is a paramedic and was ready to start an IV on me because he was afraid that I was completely dehydrated. Six hours after the surgery I was finally able to ingest an anti-nausea pill and a pain killer.
Thank GOD!
The next day I was fine. I returned to work in two days (I had it done on a Friday anyway). I had to wear a panty liner continuously for about 25 days. The minor bleeding stopped after about three days then I began to have an expected puree of pink flesh discharge followed by minor yellow discharge. I haven't had to use a panty liner for the last week. Again, Glad that's over. I got mini cramps this week; like I was going to have my period but I never got one.
SO, I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PROCEDURE BECAUSE THE OUTCOME SEEMS TO BE WORKING BUT I WOULD NEVER NEVER  DO IT IN A DOCTORS OFFICE AND NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER DO IT WITHOUT FULL ANESTHESIA .

Hi I had the ablation done with the balloon method.  I took 2 paracetamol and 2 ibuprofen.  the first part of the procedure was fine, but when the doctor started to inflate the balloon I could feel the heat.  God it was like labour, sounds silly but I wanted to push!! I have to say though the doctor and her team was nothing but outstanding.  I had the treatment under local anesthetic.  Yes it did hurt for the three minutes whilst the balloon was inside but once I heard the machine go beep beep I knew it was over.  for the first two mornings after I had brownish discharge just like at the end of my period, about a weeks worth of the watery discharge.  today I noticed some more stringy brownish discharge but defo not like a period.  I would highly recommend this procedure.  I appreciate it has only been near 2 weeks but I am hopeful that it will help me - otherwise I will be back on here.
I had the hydro ablation done in February of this year. I had years of heavy bleeding, 7-10 days a month, sometimes every 2-3 weeks. I had never heard of the ablation before and happen to see a brochure while in for my yearly pap.   Procedure went fine, just a lot of dizziness in recovery.  Some cramping that day and then next but nothing a heating pad and ibruprofen didn't take care of.  Also quite a bit of nausea from the anesthesia the day of the procedure.  I had watery discharge for about 3 weeks which a light pad took care of.  In March, when my regular period was to come, it did.  There was a lot of brownish discharge for about a week before the actual bleeding.  It lasted for two days and was not nearly as heavy.  It is now almost July and I have had a period each month.  I still get the cramps and sore breasts but I don't think anything I read or talked to my Dr about said those would go away.  I have the icky brown discharge for 3-4 days(which I never had before) before the actual bleeding starts. The bleeding lasts for about 2 days and isn't as heavy as before.  I admit that I was hoping to never have a period again, especially at 45. I guess what I have now is better than what I had pre-op but a little disappointed.  I haven't had the bloating that others talked about.  Also, on a positive note, my libido seems to be higher than ever.  I don't know if this is from the procedure or coincidence, but it is definitely a plus. Just remember that everyone reacts differently to any procedure.  So, do your homework, talk to your doctor, and make the best decision for you.  If everything stays as is for me, the good outweighs the bad and I would definitely do it again.
I am almost 30 and have had 2 kids I had and endometerial ablation done about 2 months ago to stop my periods. It worked alittle bit I still bleed heavy and still cramp a lot and my dr dnt know wat to do she is saying I might have to have the hystromecy now and that could put me into early menapause which fine with me........I am scared cause my dr also says that because of the ablation I ended up having an infection........she said that the tools may not have been to clean(ooooo just great) that worries me even more
I am scheduled to have the NovaSure as recommended by my doctor due to severe PMDD and failed attempt at treating with Seasonique. I am concerned after reading some of these comments that my emotional symptoms are not going to go away after this procedure. Has anyone else had this surgery to treat PMDD, particularly the emotional aspects? How have you been in regards to depression, anxiety, and the other hormonal effects of periods? My doctor feels if he can eliminate my periods I will have an improved quality of life, but if I still experience the depression, anxiety, and other symptoms of PMDD even without the bleeding, it may not be worth it.
I had it done 8-2013.  I had horrible cramping that day but was fine after that.  I still have heavy bleeding every 15 days followed by watery discharge for the next 5-7 days…  I am still waiting for results, but as time passes, I am thinking I might be one of the 25% that will not have the results I was hoping for - light to no bleeding :(
I had this done on weds have had terrible pain on & off now got pain in my leg thought i be back on my feet by now but no such luck the pain in my leg is worrying though really finding this hard to cope with as i have a autistic daughter who has got a stoma & 2 other daughters to look after i feel hopeless & the pain is keeping me awake at night feels like im in labour all over again
Yes I had the same thing I had it done 3 weeks very little pain but same pinkish watery discharge. But I'm  still very bloated still are you ?
Yes I had it done 3 weeks ago and still bloated a bit of weight gain
Yes I noticed weight gain and very bloated I had it done 3 weeks ago. does it go away??
HI there...I am scheduled for the HTA next week...and just like everyone else, I am nervous, especially after reading all of these horror stories.  It has been some time since you let us know you were having yours done...so I am just wondering what your advice or feelings are now...was it successful?  Did you have this weight gain everyone is talking about?
Thanks for your time!
Had a Thermachoice ablation done in April, 2014.  Very little bleeding/discharge afterward only 5 - 7 days.  However, have had some rectal bleeding for the first couple of weeks (scary!).  Also had high blood pressure and a swollen right foot for approx. 7 weeks.  Almost two months now, no period only pain in legs and back.  Some clots (small) and passing "scabs." Has anyone experienced this - concerned about the swelling still and why the scabbing now?
I had a HTA ablation on 9/12/14 and I was fine until about 2 hours after the procedure. I was at home and I began to experience pain in my lower abdomen unlike I have ever felt in my life. Within about a half and hour I was on the floor rocking and crying with pain I can only describe as a 11 in a scale from 1-10. My husband immediately took me to the hospital and CTSCAN found nothing wrong, but thank God almost as soon as I got there they immediately gave me the first of what eventually became 4 doses of dilantin (a very strong painkiller). The strange thing is though, by the next morning I was almost pain free and everything has been fine since then (just light spotting). Time will tell if the procedure is a success but all I can say was that in my case the post procedure pain was unbearable--so bad that I actually vomited 5 or 6 times from the pain and thought I was going to pass out. Afterwards two physicians told me that my experience with the HTA procedure was not normal and that they had only seen such severe pain on a couple of other occasions.
I had thermal ablation, D&C and tubal ligation 6 months ago due to heavy long periods.  I am very satisfied with the results.  I usually bled 9-10 days with the first three completely debilitating life.  I began passing out due to the loss of blood and iron supplements could not keep up.  My biggest fear was being put to sleep.  I will be honest, the pain when I woke up in recovery was horrible.  I was writhing in pain and crying.  I think I have a pretty high tolerance considering I had all three children naturally with no pain medicine.  They gave me a lot of pain med at the hospital before I left and prescribed Oxycontin at home.  I had a 30 day supply but only took 6 of them once I returned home.  I tried to take them only when the pain was bad and to help sleep.  I did take Tylenol.  Everyone's story is different.  It took me about 12 weeks to get back to my normal self.  The first two weeks I had a difficult time getting up and down and pretty much kept still.  I had the discharge for six weeks.  I highly recommend  it and am thankful for my results.  My periods now consist of spotting only when wiping.  My advice is to not be discouraged if your healing time and recovery takes a little longer.  Mine seemed to be a lot longer than most but I am very thankful for the results.  
I, too slept like Rip Van Winkle after my procedure. For about two days I was a bit loopy. My doctor had told my mother that this was possible. I had very light, watery, yet smelly discharge for one week and the following week a few days of flakes coming out of me. It weirded me out but I figured it was the shedding of the lining.

I had my procedure May 28, 2015 and it is now June 18, 2015 and I feel really good. I've started PMSing but am alright. I've lost 12 pounds since surgery (HTA). I began working out to a low impact video for aerobics and walking daily. My intense pain subsided, I'm nervous because this is my ovulation time and I expected to be doubled over in pain like I had been for eighteen months but so far, so good! My post op is on Monday and I'm very happy so far.