Endometrial polyp and hysteroscopy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Endometrial polyp and hysteroscopy

I went to my GYN today.  She did an endometrial biopsy because
I have a uterine polyp.  I am scheduled to have a hysteroscopy
in a few weeks.  I also might need a polypectomy and a D & C
in the near future.  Is there alot of downtime with these
procedures and can I drive after them?
You won't be able to drive after a D&C.  You'll get the general anesthesia. I'm having a D&C performed this Monday, July 17, 2006.  Those other office procedures, if they are actually performed in the doc's office, should not hinder you driving home. The D&C: Women are advised to not perform heavy lifting for a while and are advised to take it easy for several days.

I don't know about the endometrial polyp restrictions. I've not been told that I have one, but I don't know why I'm experencing "shedding" of what appears to be endometrial tissue at the end of my past 2 cycles.

Good luck!
"I went to my GYN today. She did an endometrial biopsy because
I have a uterine polyp. I am scheduled to have a hysteroscopy
in a few weeks. I also might need a polypectomy and a D & C
in the near future. Is there alot of downtime with these
procedures and can I drive after them?"

##

I've had this done, with fibroid removal added. It was in hospital with general anaesthesia and a bit of morphine after. I went home late afternoon, after an early morning surgery. I slept well the rest of the day, and night.

Here, they will not let you go home without escort and of course, you cannot drive. I was quite wonky; the morphine I guess.

I had cramps for about 2 weeks, very minor so I used nothing but aspirin. I had no bleeding but was rather constipated for about a week. I would suggest you have on hand lots of juices and fresh fruit, oh and a box of All Bran. (YUM!)

I had a D&C, hysteroscopy and endometrial ablation last month.  It was under general, so I had to have someone take me home.  I slept the rest of the day, had pretty bad cramps that day.  The next day I felt 100% fine and normal, and could have gone to work easily if I had to (but had the day off anyway).