Endometriosis and Fatigue...HELP!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Endometriosis and Fatigue...HELP!!

I am really hoping someone can help me out here.  I am an extrememly healthy 25 year old woman that gets at least 7-8 hours of sleep EVERY night.  The only thing wrong with me is that I have been diagnosed with a severe case of endometriosis.  Here's my question, does anyone know if severe fatigue is a symptom of endometriosis.  I have looked on several websites and some say it is, some don't talk about it at all.  My problem is, I have absolutely no energy and am very fatigued all the time.  I have no vitamin deficiencies, I'm not anemic(sp?), I don't have mono.  I have been tested for all of these things because of this terrible fatigue I have.  I get more than enough sleep, and sleep much more than an average 25 year old and do much less than an average 25 year old because of my lack of energy.  I only have energy to do one thing per day.  I can never do something during the day AND then ALSO something that evening.  So I have to pick and choose my events.  And it doesn't help that I work Mon-Fri during the day b/c there goes my weekdays, don't have the energy to do anything in the evening after work.  So anyway, back to my question...does endometriosis cause SEVERE cases of fatigue...and if so does anyone have ANY suggestions whatsoever as to what I can do?  I just want my life back!  Thank you so much in advance for any help!  =)
I have endo also but was put on the Lupron shot and have had extreme fatigue also. I think it might be due to the shot though because it really messed up my hormones. But anyway, my Dr. has been giving me B-12 shots and they have helped SO much with the fatigue! You might want to ask your Dr. about that, it might help you!
I have just recently been diagnosed with severe endo as well. I am a healthy 28 year old.  I have a two year old, work full time and just can't find the energy for anything.  

I understand what you are going through.  My diagnosis explains alot for me.  I have alwasy required more sleep than normal. If I don't get my 9 hours every night, I can hardly function the next day.  My Dr said it is becuase of my endo.  So yes, the answer your question, the endo causes extreme fatigue.  But my problems are no periods and severe pain that hinders me from doing anything outside our daily routine.

I don't know of anything that has worked for me.  I hope someone else replies with ideas....I could use them too.
Well, you being the only one to reply (thanks by the way =)!), I took your advice and got a B12 shot yesterday, a good nights sleep last night, and today I feel really good! So I guess that will be a regular thing from now on...I start my Lupron shots in a couple of weeks....so we'll see how that goes!  Any advice on that one??  Thanks again for your advice!!  =)
Hi!  I'm sorry, you seem to be having a lot of the same problems that I have.  Well, besides having a little one to look after, I'm sure that makes things much harder.  I honestly can't believe the pain and fatigue this causes...it was honestly getting too much for me to bear, and I think I was on the verge of depression because of it.  And before this, I was the most bubbly happy person you would ever meet!  Like I said in my last reply, I started B12 shots yesterday and already today find myself with more energy!  By now (it's 10:15 a.m. by the way), I would be totally done for the day.  Sitting at my desk with absolutely no energy, but today I am doing really well...B12 is my new regular routine...along with a daily multi vitamin of course.  I really suggest you try it.  Let me know, and if you have any other advice about the endo...I'd appreciate that too!  =)
I am 34, and was diagnosed with sleep apnea when I was 25.  It was moderate - I was exhausted - have done to surgeries since then and apparently I have no new endometriosis.  However, in that time period I was diagnosed with sleep apnea.

Endometriosis is considered an enstrogen dominant disease.  Sleep apnea is usually found at high diagnosis after menopause. I believe there is a connection.

If you have your thyroid tested and ask for a sleep study you may find your answers.

(I am not a medical doctor, but I believe there is a link)

My thyroid is low - I have megaloblastic anemia (oversized red blood cells) which is expected to respond to B12 - however, after mass dosing and blood tests to confirm high B12 and folic acid levels - the anemia did not change.

I was diagnosed with a fatty liver after taking depo provera - which is a third world injectable progestin (synthetic progesterone) - it causes full blown osteo in 19year olds.  Very dangerous - all kinds of court cases - Pfizer.

So, a Naturopath v.s multiple surgeries now seem to be the path I am going down.

Your exhaustion may well be core toxicity, neurotransmitters which are out of balance and low projesterone and a weak thyroid.

I am not sure if any of this will be useful, but standard medicine has literally been no help to me - it has only really served in ensuring that I am aware of what is wrong - but no mechanics in terms of a resolution.

I did multiple 6 month parasite cleanses before being told my endometriosis was no longer growning new lesions.

Best of Speed,

Mercury
hey im 21 and was told i have endometriosis yesterday after a visit to see a gynaecologist.iv had extreme fatigue for months now and has ruined my daily life :-( i completely sympathise with you ladies as i have a little boy whos just turning two so as youll probably no there a handfull at that age.previous to having endometriosis i was diagnosed with pernicious anemia so i was already getting a b12 shot,and it works wonders for a few days then i find it tends to wear off :-(,i can have a good 8 or 9 hour sleep (if im lucky) and wake up feeling like i havnt even been asleep its absolute torture sometimes x
What a relief to know I'm not alone. I am 25 overall healthy, physical, eat well and was just diagnosed with endometriosis this week. It was sort of a relief to know I wasn't just a crazy person who couldn't handle pms. I've been having symptoms for years and had a feeling something was wrong. kept going to the doctor to figure out why...nothing. All my blood tests are normal. I've developed allergies to milk, wheat, soy, peanuts and corn. I cut all of them out of my diet and still feel like crap. I exercise but don't overexercise. I'm not overweight. The fatigue has gotten worse every year since I was 17. Dec 2013 I had to quit my job because my fatigue was so bad. I will sleep 9 hours and feel like I got 2 hours of sleep. I wake up feeling hung over (I've never drank in my life). I was such a happy person before this took over. I'm getting an ultrasound in a few weeks. I've read the ultrasounds aren't 100% informative. Anyone had one? I'm seriously thinking of the surgery with the little camera. Has anyone had that? I'm sorry for anyone else that has this. It's absolutely miserable.