Endometriosis and Mass in the lungs

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Endometriosis and Mass in the lungs

I was diagnosed and operated for endometriosis back in 1978. I was not able to conceive and in 1987 under went a hysterectomy to control the still active endometriosis. I have been on hormone replacement therapy ever since (Estrogen - Premarin). I am now 53 years old and was taken to the ER with chest pains. After exhaustive investigations a CT scan of my chest revealed a 2.1x1.8cm mass in my lungs. Could this be an endometriosis lesion in my lung? Has anyone experienced this situation? If so how were you treated? Currently my doctors are not even looking in this direction. Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
I've never been in your situation, however having endo myself i know all to well the adhesions and lesions can end up in some places no one would even think of. Best advice i can give is to be persistant with ur dr, and tell them you want to look at that as a poosibility, if they don't want to, try an OB/gyn.Best of luck to you and keep us posted.
Are you a smoker, ex smoker, or lived with parents who smoked in the house?
If endo can end up in all parts of the body, then I would think your doctors should at least discuss this option.
Endo is uterine lining growing outside of the uterus.  It can attach to your bowel or other female organs, but that's about it.  If you have found a mass in your lungs, you need to discuss with your doctor all tests and scans that you can.  Second degree smoke or if you ever were a smoker is an issue and a mass in this area should be taken seriously.  Good Luck!
The most common locations of endometrial growths are in the abdomen-involving the ovaries, fallopian tubes, the ligaments supporting the uterus, the area between the vagina and the rectum, the outer surface of the uterus, and the lining of the pelvic cavity. Sometimes the growths are also found in abdominal surgery scars, on the intestines or in the rectum, on the bladder, vagina, cervix, and vulva (external genitals).

Endometrial growths have also been found outside the abdomen, in the lung, arm, thigh, and other locations, but these are uncommon.

i found this at the Endometriosis Association. I know it's uncommon, but not immpossible. I have endo and found this site informative. Good luck, I hope your drs at least look into the possibility.
Endometriosis can gorw anywhere the cells have touched.
Endometriosis can occur in the lungs, but it is rare.  Having treated 100's of endometriosis patients I've only seen it once.  Coughing up blood around the menstrual cycle is the most common symptom.  If you are postmenopausal then it should be shrinking.  Could be cancer or old histoplasmosis infxn or scarring.  Needs evaluation
Endometrial lesions have been found in nearly all parts of the body, including the lungs and even the brain! The estrogen you've continued to take since your hyster would cause any remaining lesions to continue growing, so this is definitely a theory worth pursuing.
im 26 years old and i have been sick since i was 23 i have a mass next to my heart size of a baseball and hard as a rock and now i have a mass in my lung and all my doctor say that they have never seen this before if you can help me please e-mail me Dpllove1311@sbc global.net Thank you
I was diagnosed with endometriosis in 1993. I've had numerous surgerys and therapy treatments, and nothing has helped so far. I'm fed up! If you have any suggestions please feel free to contact me.

Thanking You in advance,

My e-mail address is: ***@****
I was just diagnosed with endometriosis after a very long time experiencing horrible pains in my abdomen, lower back, and leg....I was also having pain during sex...nausea, diarria, headaches, chronic fatigue and I have had my period for over a month now....I have also had a history of high grade cervical lesions and have had 2 surgeries for that....now I am getting horrible chest pain and shoulder pain...please help me and let me know if anyone has any advice...my doctor told me if I am ever in to much pain I can go to the emergency room and get a pain killer cocktail but I have no family anywhere near me...my husband is out to sea and I have a 6 month old baby at home and if I get the pain meds I cant drive myself home or take care of my son...I need help
Shannon79 commented on journey2motherhood's status
38 mins ago
Gross Things Beef Cattle Eat
3 hrs ago by gymdandee
jsmile commented on Is It the Common Cold...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals