Aa
A
A
Close
Endometriosis
Yes I as just wondering if there where any symptoms or clues of Endometriosis. If so could someone let me know. I had a sonogram a week ago to check on a cyst and the radiologist asked if I have ever been diagnosed with Endometriosis. I havent ever thought of it untill now. I have had alot of pain in my pelvic area and my periods are not normal. So if anyone knows anything about this please let me know. I would appreciate it...
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Here is some information that should answer your questions:
Some women with endometriosis do not have symptoms. Other women have symptoms that range from mild to severe.

Endometriosis symptoms are often most severe just before and during the menstrual cycle and get better as the menstrual period is ending. However, for some women, pain is ongoing and does not improve during the menstrual cycle. 6

Symptoms may include:

Pain, which can be:
Pelvic pain.
Severe menstrual cramps.
Low backache 1 or 2 days before the start of the menstrual period (or earlier), becoming less during the period.
Pain during sexual intercourse.
Rectal pain.
Pain during bowel movements.
Infertility, which may be the only sign that you have endometriosis. Between 20% and 40% of women who are infertile have endometriosis. 1
Abnormal bleeding. This can include:
Blood in the urine or stool.
Some vaginal bleeding before the start of the menstrual period (premenstrual spotting).
Vaginal bleeding after intercourse.
Endometrial growths (implants) that are large are not necessarily more painful. Instead, pain and bleeding are closely linked to an implant's location or how deeply it has grown.

Several other conditions, such as painful periods, adenomyosis, or noncancerous growths in the uterus called uterine fibroids, can cause symptoms that are similar to endometriosis.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
Hormones For Better Sleep Better, G...
16 hrs ago by gymdandee
12940884 tn?1467239127
Blank
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status