Women's Health Community
Energy burst the day before my period starts (mensus)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Energy burst the day before my period starts (mensus)

Does anyone else get a superwoman-like burst of energy the day before her period?
Is there anything about the day (36hrs) before my period starts that would relieve exessive daytime sleepiness?  (Could birth control help?)

I have been suffering from excessive daytime sleepiness for over a year that has progressively gotten worse. I've been working with doctors to resolve it for four months now.

All the changes I've made and things I've tried have much improved my ability to get to sleep and stay asleep (PLMD treated with Mirapex and CPAP now at night, no caffine, lots of exercise), but I am still not waking up feeling anything close to rested and spend much of my day fighting off the need to take a nap.  (Narcalepsy hasn't been tested for.)

Since making all these changes, the only day I got any real relief from daytime sleepiness was the day before my period started.  (My whole life, the day before my period is usually what I call 'Superwoman day', when I can do anything and have so much extra energy that day to get an extraordinary amount of things done.)  

As this sleeping problem has progressed, the day before my period is the only time that I wake-up after eight hours of sleep without any effort and do not feel like I need to go back to sleep.  I had much less daytime sleepiness and could actually drive for more than 20 minutes without needing to eat to stay awake.

I am lucky in that I only get mild PMS symptoms otherwise.  I would sure like everyday to be more like 'superwoman' day.
Ideas?