Enlarged ovary during pregnancy
My sister is about 3 months pregnant, after going threw the invitro fertilization thing she now has an enlarged ovary. She is very worried because the doctor says its not shrinking. Why is this and what is this called? She has a choice of having surgery within the next 3 weeks if the ovary does not go down or around 7 months. Why such the big gap? Will this increase her chance of a miscarriage? Please help me? Does this problem get caused because of the invitro fertilization? I think she has a better chance of waiting until the 7th month to do surgery, because I think if she goes into labor the baby has a good chance of survival. Am I wrong because if her ovary keeps growing can it smash the baby. Why does this happen?
I dont think the ovary would crush the baby....for one she is only 3 months pregnant so her Uterus has barey changed size and Two when the uterus grows the overies will move up as the uterus does so if any thing I think that it will be more crowded in there.  I would not imagine it to be too crowded considering that the normal size of a overy is only the size of and Almond.  I dont think that the ovary will get too big.  I have heard of women having surgery when they are pregnant. I watched a program where this women could have swore she was 6 months pregnant and she was only 12 weeks gestation  she had to have fibroids removed because it grew so rapid that there was  hardly any room in the body cavity for the fetus to grow.  that and it unremarkably uncomfortable for the mother.  I think they did that surgery when she was in her second trimester.  If the doctor gave her till she is 32 weeks and the size of her ovary does not change well then take it.  Things are more advanced and it is becoming more common for pregnant women to have surgery especially when they need it.
There is definately a possibility of a heterotopic pregnancy.  If so, waiting longer could put her in more danger.  
i have a left ovary enlarged cyst measures 6.7,3.8,6.6. and a left ovarian cyst , 4.5 , 3.7,5.0. i had been diag with pcos a yr ago , seems that since i just found out i'm 7 weeks pregnant the ovary has gooten bigger along with the cyst , my cramps and naseau is pretty bad , I hope it won't cause any problems for my pregnancy. i wonder if the hormone levels are causing the ovary and cyst to get big in size , Jill